00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground Artist showcase thread

1,504,728 Views | 38,264 Replies

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 13:17:09

At 12/20/03 01:06 PM, ZeddyBee wrote: another tablet creation.... can i get some comments on these?

great drawingsbut could you try my request.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 13:31:50

i would mex bt i cannot draw cars at all... at all all... and when i do they just cartoony

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 16:16:20

I wasn't sure if I was gonna make a request, but I have followed this forum from page 1. I wish i could have posted a pic, but thats kinda why Im makin a request in the first place. The only thing I need is a Golden (cartoony) Shark for my buddy icon, and intro on my movies. If you wouldnt mind makin him hold a guiatar that would be nice, but don't kill yourselves over this, whoever makes the best one im gonna use, and your name will be credited EVERY time I use it. I realy need this, and hate to make a request cause I bet it gets annoying at times. Well I would really appreiciate it if someone could make me one, no hurry tho, thanks.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 17:16:39

here you go, a quick trace because you told me not to go mad over it :D

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 17:24:09

At 12/20/03 05:16 PM, cap123 wrote: here you go, a quick trace because you told me not to go mad over it :D

Sweet cars, can you get them front and back veiw.I will give you good credit, if you are interested in multi author make them with 12 stages of dents (i stage for every 10 mph in a crash).

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 18:15:35

At 12/20/03 04:16 PM, Gold-Shark wrote:

:The only thing I need is a Golden (cartoony) Shark..... your name will be credited EVERY time I use it.

ok i drew this in about 30 min so here ya go

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 18:23:21

I drew this character, i quite like the simplicity, what does everyone think?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 18:59:09

Thanks sooo much, your the best! The shark is great, but the guitar is a little choppy.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 19:12:19

lol i know, i cant draw a guitar. i guess ill remake it later

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 19:58:54

Thanks again then.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 20:18:48

I drew some quick eyes....

They kinda suck but o well

about 5-10 mins

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-20 23:06:10

Those eyes don't suck, they are actually prety good for not putting alot of time into making them. Oh, the shark pic problem has been solved, my friend drew me a cool looking one. Thanks for drawing the one you made, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to do that.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 04:49:36

shark's right, those eyes are pretty damn good. you any good at using them in faces?

i like cars :D

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 06:46:51

Here you go, front view.. hope you like em' and i can send you the fla. if there not the right size. :D

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 06:53:13

At 12/21/03 06:46 AM, cap123 wrote: Here you go, front view.. hope you like em' and i can send you the fla. if there not the right size. :D

Thanks and now i'm gona be an anoyin git and ask for birds eye veiw( thats the game bit the rest is for cut scenes).If possible do the back veiw but it is not necessary the birds eye is.

You will get credit before the game starts (people have to watch it then).

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 07:07:10

sorry to double post but once youve done all the veiws i send them to united_idiots@hotmail.com bt dont bother tryin to talk on msn.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 08:11:45

i only did one of the two as i thought it wouldn't happen to the enemy but i'll do the black one too if you want :D hope you like.. ah...can't wait for that co-author ;')

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 08:14:36

At 12/21/03 08:11 AM, cap123 wrote: i only did one of the two as i thought it wouldn't happen to the enemy but i'll do the black one too if you want :D hope you like.. ah...can't wait for that co-author ;')

I like it, i like it a lot. I think this is the begining of summit good(cant remember that gangster thing). If you do some buildins in that style then ill multi author this game. ive got the code for all the walking and cars.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 08:20:43

Will do, and i sent you the fla.s so you can edit the size and shape of the cars.. :)

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 08:23:10

Stupid bbs(i lost my last long post.To be even more helpful make it so there are 12 levels of damage on each side of the car then another 12 on the entire car.This game will rock if this happens.

P.S.make the damage levels not so muc damage more from the last level.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 08:55:17

sorry, i've never beed good with backgrounds.. is there anything else i can do to get that co-author title?

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 09:01:26

At 12/21/03 08:55 AM, cap123 wrote: sorry, i've never beed good with backgrounds.. is there anything else i can do to get that co-author title?

Read that last post i made. If you want to be amazing and get a browny point then make a character in all the veiws you did on the car. If you can draw people then just do details on the cars and make some more cars if possible. I like artists, there all so cooperative.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 09:34:58

This game looks good from those pics... damn nice artwork cap! When you planning to release it mex?

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 09:45:50

Thanks zeddy, umm.. mex by the damage description on both sides to you mean that i should do 12 different damage things for each side or 12 for each side and 12 one with both sides damaged or.. 12 bits on 2 halves of a car that you can stick togehter.. i think the last one would be best but can you sciprt that?

o and i'm having a go at chacers in the car.. :D any particular looks?

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:06:28

At 12/21/03 09:45 AM, cap123 wrote: Thanks zeddy, umm.. mex by the damage description on both sides to you mean that i should do 12 different damage things for each side or 12 for each side and 12 one with both sides damaged or.. 12 bits on 2 halves of a car that you can stick togehter.. i think the last one would be best but can you sciprt that?

o and i'm having a go at chacers in the car.. :D any particular looks?

Um i didnt understand most of that so i'll do it this way:
on each side there are:12 levels

then the whole vechile getts effected and there are anouther:12 levels
I mean levels of damage.The whole vechile levels carry on from the side levels so when one side has ahd 12 levels the whole vechile is effected.
i hope you now understand.

In reply to zeddy:
I dont now when this will be released, it's a giant rpg so i'll release a preveiw for comments asap. Then when i have one town/city and everything working i will release the full version. I will keep adding to the full one with more detail and more areas.If you ca draw buildings then that would be gratly apresiated.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:08:20

Forgot to say that when i say each side i men front,back,left and right.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:16:29

Sure, anything I can to help out, I'll attempt some buildings.

About your damage level on the cars, don't you think that it would be a bit easy to avoid blowing up? I mean, theoretically, you could take 11 hits on each side of the car (11x4=44 ;D) then another 11 on the overall car, so it could be 55 hits before game over.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:26:06

At 12/21/03 10:16 AM, ZeddyBee wrote: Sure, anything I can to help out, I'll attempt some buildings.

About your damage level on the cars, don't you think that it would be a bit easy to avoid blowing up? I mean, theoretically, you could take 11 hits on each side of the car (11x4=44 ;D) then another 11 on the overall car, so it could be 55 hits before game over.

1)
This is not a racing game, it's an rpg and i think i could make it so when the totals the number of hits gets to 24(this number varies for the strenth of the car) then it automatically goes onto total car hits,
2)
Each hit is for either 10 mph(120mph from two cars is a 240mph crash) in a crash or everytime some-1 hits or shoots the car.
3)
With what you said you could actually get 56 without your car blowing up you could get to 11 on three sides and 12 on the other wich would then put it onto full car damage, you can get 11 on that and it totals 56. :D

But thats irrelevent because i wouldn't have it work that way.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:40:54

sorry mexxa, i still don't understand... well, very vaguely but i don't want to do something and found otu i got i wrong.. let me get this straight... you want...

front view - done
side view - done
above view - done
Main damage drawings - done
Side damage drawings on thier own (no other inlcuded) - not
Back damage and front damage (on their own) - not

Is that right? i'm soory for being so dumb but i'm confuzled :S

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-21 10:41:08

what kind of view do you want? are these ok? i can do more like these if you ask...