00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BruceBainterJr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground Artist showcase thread

1,513,790 Views | 38,263 Replies

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-22 21:39:08

You know, I won the Retarded Animal Babies contest :)
I got the last pic out of the 12 there...here's the link:
http://www.umop.com/rabcontest.htm
I'm the mysterious emailer who forgot to mention his address, which I just sent email telling him :)

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-22 22:11:53

Booya sucka's. I finished it.

OI its feckin hard to make bodies in layers... I might as well just do a short FbF animation of him kicking ass.

O well, i'll see how it turns out.. Anyway, heres the finished product.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-22 22:37:32

Heya Crimson, Final, and all the muffins, keep up the good work.

Crimson: Might wanna lessen the angle on his arms.

Muffins: um, hi.

Final: Whats up man, you still wanna work on the combo pic (robot and man)

Ok wtvr, heres a pic of me holding my giant magical pencil.
comments? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-22 22:42:12

Rar@Magic Pencil Man. Looks great.

O, and yes, Im probobly going to redraw him anyway.. so i can make him uber and what not.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 02:41:03

well, i dont know how i ended up in this topic, but, hey... just wondering if someone could draw me a profile pic. Just a medium shot (like chest and up) of a guy with black hair (whatever length, short and messy, or long and straight) wearing a suit, with the undershirt being silver, and having reflective / mirrored sunglasses....

hey, this is the first time in ages ive been making a request in ages rather than just taking em... but hey, thats what ya get in the ASM....

also, that 350Z MrLuis did a few pages back was damn awesome

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 02:41:33

heres a little screen shot from my new animation

http://r1736728.hostultra.com/images/halmonscn.jpg

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 03:53:11

I've been working on a picture in Illustrator (I know...not Flash...but people posted pics in Photoshop and other programs, so there :D ) and although is a "tad" too big for this post...here's the link to the image.

And yes...that was done by be, and is my character and is in my art archive on that site. :)

Harvest

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 03:59:25

Oh yeah...I am aware the date on the picture is of the wrong year. It ill be fixed up later in the morn.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 05:25:36

Rage: Like it, maybe make him look as if he's gripping the pencil more and its not just sitting on his hands. Good job.

Crimson: Wow that looks way cool with the added shading, I'm sure if you redo it with better proportions it'll look awesome.

Sneakers: Holy fucking mother of art. Thats OwNaGe.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 05:53:23

At 12/22/03 10:37 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Heya Crimson, Final, and all the muffins, keep up the good work.

Crimson: Might wanna lessen the angle on his arms.

Muffins: um, hi.

Final: Whats up man, you still wanna work on the combo pic (robot and man)

Ok wtvr, heres a pic of me holding my giant magical pencil.
comments? Suggestions?

Tell me what you think.

That looks great! Just something seems unusual of the shoes. Must be my preception.

At 12/22/03 10:11 PM, crimsonedge38 wrote: Booya sucka's. I finished it.

OI its feckin hard to make bodies in layers... I might as well just do a short FbF animation of him kicking ass.

O well, i'll see how it turns out.. Anyway, heres the finished product.

Cool, though the Body Porportion seems a tad off. Also seems the Head needs to be raised a bit. Thats my opinion. Awesome job.

At 12/23/03 03:53 AM, Sneakers wrote: I've been working on a picture in Illustrator (I know...not Flash...but people posted pics in Photoshop and other programs, so there :D ) and although is a "tad" too big for this post...here's the link to the image.

And yes...that was done by be, and is my character and is in my art archive on that site. :)

Harvest

Wow, visually well done. All you need is a Pumpkin Patch Background to go with it. ;-)

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 09:06:05

The friendly monster nerd!!! :P

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 09:10:34

At 12/23/03 05:25 AM, ZeddyBee wrote:
Sneakers: Holy fucking mother of art. Thats OwNaGe.

Thanks :D I love drawing in Illustrator...and woldn't mind making graphics in it, to port to Flash and animate. That was 3 layers in all.

Here's another...not as impressive, but i took an old drawing I did way back, and coloured it up. It was inspired by these sticker cards I used to buy.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 09:19:30

:At 12/23/03 05:53 AM, Bahamutreborn wrote:

Harvest
Wow, visually well done. All you need is a Pumpkin Patch Background to go with it. ;-)

Yeah...it would indeed. Think I may do that. :)

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 10:47:45

Done with only a model.. :)

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 12:53:17

Here's a screenshot from my latest Flash named Darkness of Evil. This is in the Sword Showdown scene.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 15:01:27

holy crap cap, thats one sweet gun drawing...how long did it take ya?

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 15:29:47

Oh a long time, its one of my best, put alot of effort into this one. Aboout 15 -30 minutes.. colouring about 2 minutes :) (was in a rush) its for the muffin movie if you want to see it in action :D (coming soon)

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-23 19:51:19

At 12/23/03 10:47 AM, cap123 wrote: Done with only a model.. :)

NICE! I never draw machinery without a live 3d model reference at hand.. I just can't do it. Which is why I make a cartoon about toys, everything has a model for it.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 00:06:00

Hehe I was bored and i made muffins.

heres Evil Muffin, rotten muffin, dead muffin, and clown muffin

if i were a muffin i might be clown muffin.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 07:34:23

Woooooo!! Muffins!!

Anyway, all the way through my flash ''career'' i've got someone to do my backgrounds for me, but recently i;ve become a bit better.. i started as i'm in a rush with the muffin movie, some of you many know and my background artist wasn't around so here how one peice turned out.. comments?

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 07:55:51

Good bacgrounds pic, but remember shading. If i'm right thats a cliff edge wich will be above the viewable ground (kinda hovering).
There will be a shadow needed and on one edge add shading, remeber to make a new layer and do it as i previosly explained.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 11:12:44

I fixed the hands, the shoes, and moved the pencil.

how is it?

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 12:16:41

@ ZeddyBee : thx for the feedback , but i am kind of a flash newb so it'll be hard to make an entire movie about this dude :) gonna try tho... *oh lord...*

PS i know it took me a long time to react but hey, i was buisy :P

Here's a little something i drew up, just testing gradients and my eye-drawing skills :) waddy'all think?

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 12:18:25

hmmmz..... posting here ruins all my pictures :S they look a lot nicer when i see them in paint or something... maybe i should save them differently....

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 13:26:53

enough said...

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 14:03:10

This is my pic/art from my upcomming flash movie. Those guy's are me and my 2 best friends. (from left to right: Jori, Luc (Me) and Michael) As you can see, I drawn anime style, I think japanese anime style pretty rocks!
Tell me, whatta ya think?

PS: for a better quality go to: <A>http://www.mangaworkshop.net/show.pl?imageid=13524<A>

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 17:12:13

At 12/24/03 02:03 PM, ULTIMATEHYPERSHADOW wrote: This is my pic/art from my upcomming flash movie. Those guy's are me and my 2 best friends. (from left to right: Jori, Luc (Me) and Michael) As you can see, I drawn anime style, I think japanese anime style pretty rocks!
Tell me, whatta ya think?

PS: for a better quality go to: <A>http://www.mangaworkshop.net/show.pl?imageid=13524<A>

I really like it, I always like a two-tone color shading like that. (I do that too)

Two other comments, though:

1.The logo on Michael's shirt, is it really that high? Usually shirt logos are centered lower on the chest.

2. The Yankees suck. :P

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 19:19:18

Ye great pics man, anime at it's best!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ENGLAND!!!!

Request: I don't usually make requests, but could somebody draw me a handgun facing the screen (as if about to shoot towards the screen). Thanks loads anyone who tries!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ENGLAND!!!!

Zeddy

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 20:40:14

Well, I think....(beware)....that anime is highly over rated. It's a very unbecoming way of drawing simplified people. It's easy to draw anime if you can draw at all. It's also lame and stupid. Those big puppy eyes that subliminally appeals to everyone who's ever watch Saturday anime on the Sci Fi channel are toolish and...
I'm getting off topic there. But anyways, drawing anime "style" is not a style to draw. Drawing anime is "hack meat", that means only amateurs go crazy about it when they don't even really know very much about the process of animation in most of the major Japanese animated films or series. Manga in itself to me is a practically derogatory way of making any kind of comic, as is most of the modern time comics out there, all sketched in the tightly boxed-in sets of rules for drawing anime. Anime reminds me of Japanese ink paintings because it involves highly restricting sets of rules to abide by when following through with the human form. In this kind of situation, no sentimental ability to draw is attained, only a language that gets replicated and memorized without ever evolving or changing. Hack meat is something that can be learned "in twelve easy steps!" from countless books and tutorials in stores or online. Sorry if this is something you believed you would be accepted for in a serious circle of artists or animators, but abandon it now before it is embedded permanently into your idea of art. Start being an artist rather than trying to be an artist. and that goes for everyone.
through practice, the ability to draw a simplified face in just a couple of minutes can be achieved. It has nothing to do with being a prodigy.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2003-12-24 20:42:55

here's another example.