00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGizmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground Artist showcase thread

1,512,193 Views | 38,263 Replies

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 09:23:16

ARGHhhh maties...

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 09:55:57

At 8/11/04 04:12 AM, Haartufs wrote:
At 8/10/04 11:22 PM, _Dezmo_ wrote: well i'm bored now so
uhm, on almost every image you double post, it almost seems like you mean to do it to get a larger post count or something.

Ha! Right on. You should have been here yesterday! All he was doing was posting usless 3 word comments in EVERY single topic just to get his post count up.

Word of advice to _Dezmo_...
Don't post unless you "actually" have something to say...

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 10:05:06

At 8/11/04 09:23 AM, Norwegian_Blue wrote: ARGHhhh maties...

Ah love it. :D

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 10:18:48

ill post some pencil drawn stuff tommorow, i have some old ones but ill make a few new.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 10:55:05

Alright, in commemoration of my 1000th post, yes, I have finally reached it, I have made a picture of MOST of my past characters I have drawn from this year. Now, be aware that not ALL of them are on here and that the quality REALLY took a nasty hit due to the Newgrounds size restrictions. Enjoy and um, keep on posting and having fun people! :)

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 11:18:27

Hooray Scribbler!!! Congratulations on reaching your 100th posts. Yey. And congrats to NB aswell for reaching his 1111st post. W00t. Speaking of NB, are we ever going to maik teh gaem? I went to Europe and after I came back, we never talked?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 11:19:05

At 8/10/04 08:57 PM, Morku wrote: My Alien Hominid Sprites (for a gameboy advance game? :D)

From farther back it kinda looks like our little alien friend has some crotch furrage goin on there.

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 11:22:07

At 8/11/04 10:55 AM, Scribbler wrote: Alright, in commemoration of my 1000th post, yes, I have finally reached it, I have made a picture of MOST of my past characters I have drawn from this year. Now, be aware that not ALL of them are on here and that the quality REALLY took a nasty hit due to the Newgrounds size restrictions. Enjoy and um, keep on posting and having fun people! :)

Yeeeeehooo (as the Dukes jump over an elephant :D)

Way to go man. And whoa I just noticed you were lvl 12. I was like, "Whoa. He's at level 12."

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 11:57:51

At 8/11/04 10:55 AM, Scribbler wrote: Alright, in commemoration of my 1000th post, yes, I have finally reached it, I have made a picture of MOST of my past characters I have drawn from this year. Now, be aware that not ALL of them are on here and that the quality REALLY took a nasty hit due to the Newgrounds size restrictions.

Wow! Congrats! :) I have ways to go to 1000 posts myself.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 12:04:58

here's a sketch of mine i did last year some time
it's a guy who 's cut his own head off and then opened the skull and is now eating milk and cereal from his own cranium . It is accented by a new face which has replaced his old one , in the form of a smiley which hangs on a canvas behind him. Enjoy

http://www.wrathmedia.com/images/sketch1.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 12:22:09

At 8/11/04 12:04 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: here's a sketch of mine i did last year some time
it's a guy who 's cut his own head off and then opened the skull and is now eating milk and cereal from his own cranium . It is accented by a new face which has replaced his old one , in the form of a smiley which hangs on a canvas behind him. Enjoy

Woah. That drawing is REALLY creepy. Nice job on the smiley face in the background. It really does accentuate the overall effect of the already maccabre drawing.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:20:39

Here's a running anim of a char from a music I'm currently doing.
the character is based off one by _SQUEEZY_ (that guy with the knives). I spent all day drawing him up correctly lol. My music video will be out in a few weeks woot :)

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:25:44

At 8/11/04 12:04 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: http://www.wrathmedia.com/images/sketch1.jpg

where the fuck did you get the idea for that?
Only one bad thing, I think the head is a bit to small.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:26:48

HAHA I just got my tablet about 30 secs ago! Im so happy im installing it right now!

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:27:10

At 8/11/04 01:20 PM, TheComet wrote: Here's a running anim of a char from a music I'm currently doing.
the character is based off one by _SQUEEZY_ (that guy with the knives). I spent all day drawing him up correctly lol. My music video will be out in a few weeks woot :)

Here's where I'm showing my progress throughout the movie.
http://www.blackmaze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650
this is probably the first time I've drawn anything good lol.

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:43:56

At 8/11/04 12:04 PM, s1nt3ch wrote: here's a sketch of mine i did last year some time

That is great. I really only see your 3-D stuff, and never get a chance to see some drawings from you.. Now I expect you to post more drawings :P

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 13:53:41

spooky, twisted, macabre,
i like it

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:00:22

Um ya i just tryed my tablet and wow its different! Its gona take a while getting used to it beleave me. And to all those people who think that tablets are the reason artists are so good...well your wrong. I don't know im gona need lots of practice so you guys will need to help me and comment shit i do. Oh and heres little screen shot of the doodles i drew with it just when i hooked it up!

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:19:59

At 8/11/04 02:00 PM, -Pako- wrote: Um ya i just tryed my tablet and wow its different! Its gona take a while getting used to it beleave me. And to all those people who think that tablets are the reason artists are so good...well your wrong. I don't know im gona need lots of practice so you guys will need to help me and comment shit i do. Oh and heres little screen shot of the doodles i drew with it just when i hooked it up!

Bottom left one = cool.

You'll get used to it. It's like driving a blimp. Nobody is perfect at it right away...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:24:38

Here im quickly getting the hand of this and its making it really easy to draw. Wow i love this thing!

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:25:55

Now doesn't that just make us ALL want to get a tablet? :)

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:27:56

At 8/11/04 02:25 PM, Scribbler wrote: Now doesn't that just make us ALL want to get a tablet? :)

Dern tootin cowpoke.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:42:01

is the tablet also good at colors?

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 14:46:48

At 8/11/04 02:42 PM, Rissi wrote: is the tablet also good at colors?

Oh my.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:22:25

At 8/11/04 02:42 PM, Scuppo wrote: is the tablet also good at colors?

What do ya mean?

OMG THATLOL!!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:30:10

At 8/11/04 02:42 PM, Scuppo wrote: is the tablet also good at colors?

Hahaha!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:33:09

Yea you just dip the pen in some paint and smack it on your screen!, dumb question. yea i got a tablet but im getting a new one cuz it sux ass. ima get a wacom or sumthin.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:34:26

At 8/11/04 02:00 PM, -Pako- wrote: And to all those people who think that tablets are the reason artists are so good...well your wrong.

That's really true, many people are like, Ohhh, I want a tablet that will make me so much better, well I don't think it's that mouch better than a mouse, ony that I think you can draw better things quicker, so it's good for FBF.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:36:00

At 8/11/04 03:34 PM, Haartufs wrote: That's really true, many people are like, Ohhh, I want a tablet that will make me so much better, well I don't think it's that mouch better than a mouse, ony that I think you can draw better things quicker, so it's good for FBF.

Totally true!

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2004-08-11 15:52:17

A screenshot from my new movie. what do you think