00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat!

18,035 Views | 164 Replies

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 03:14:23

HEY FLEX, WHY DON'T YOU CONTACT ME OR SOMETHING BEFORE YOU POST THE SAME SHIT I DO, YOU GOD DAMNED VANILLA ICE CLONE.

Thanks in advance,
Jesus Christ

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 03:41:29

I may not be an active user of the Newgrounds community, as you may be able to tell by my low post count and dated reviews. Most of the time I simply read threads, and never throw in my 2 cents. But this time, I think what I have to say is important:

To Randy and Razoric: You two are utter and complete douchebags. Trust me, the people flaming you on this thread are not the only people that hate you. I hate you. Most of my friends who went to newgrounds and watched your movies hate you too! Now don't get a big head over that -- they didn't choose to see them because they LIKED you, only because of your undeserved link on the front page. The majority of the people who watched your lame Flash admitted that it had to have been made by a total fucking moron. A douchebag. So shrink that head and ego back down, lad. Probably explains the lack of fortitude in your nether regions, but that's a different conversation.

SO I guess what I'm trying to say is... you're both douchebags who fist eachother's asses with Crisco on the weekends and twice (count it, two.. one, two.) on Sunday.

Douchebags.

I'm serious.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 03:52:47

Randy Solem Vs. Clark Lybeck.

1. Clark Lybeck posted original NES content that was hand drawn, and contained an overall significant meaning.

2. Randy stole graphics from games, took music from musicians, and was successful in getting a cheap hollow laugh.

3. Clark was honest with his work.

4. Randy illegally sells Mario's image over at http://www.cafeshops.com/vgdc .

5. Randy admittedly copied Clark Lybeck with making NES flash, but decided to do less work, and steal graphics from games.

6. Clark Lybeck was the first one to submit successful NES flash cartoons to NG, that were hand drawn, thus claiming him a worthy flash artist.

7. Clark's audience was mature enough to understand deeper meaning in his flash cartoons, which is a plus.

8. VGDC cartoons are so shallow that they contain either 1) violence, or 2) immature sexual references.

9. Clark was a pioneer in shaping this great NG culture, but VGDC pollutes it.

Randy should be very careful with the attention...

Clark doesn't have to worry, he draws his cartoons, because he is a professional flash animator, just like other great flash animators on NG, except Solem. Unless Solem wants to get creative one day.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 04:41:24

Alright fellas its been fun, but I'm sure we all got better shit to do.

Lets drop the bullshit and move on.

Peace

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 10:44:50

Now I know why Goonie guy never returned my emails months ago... he doesn't like me! Please excuse me while I go kill myself :( And thanks for the shop plug. Click it kiddies!

Ok I'm officially done here!

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 10:52:08

Dammit, I get unbanned and I miss all the fun here... damn... looked so fun here... well back to the VGDC and Razoric forums I guess!

Oh and a quick one to Stamper... Even if Randy was trying to look cool to people by saying "I cater 12-15 year olds!" (Which is a fact, but he draws different people from different age groups to his site), at least you're giving an example and not acting cool AT ALL... n00b talk does that to people. I salute you for your uncoolness!

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 11:08:29

Damnit, I just gotta say ONE MORE THING, to jeremy is it? Who inspired your ill conceived and horribly ripped Mario Barge movie? Clark???

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 11:26:29

Aww I do have feelings you know. :(

As far as I know, this might be the first or second time I've come to Randy's defense yet I'm "up his ass." Haha that's rich. And Stamper, it's not Randy's "cancer/skinny" angle... it's a fact that you have cancer and you are a little bitch. That's not just from Randy.

To Maxflex, I've never had a problem with you, you take what I say too seriously. This is the most I've visited Newgrounds in months. This shit is fun!

Here's my picture when I was undercover in Iraq posing as Uday.

Peace. :D

Razoric.com - Independent Game Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 12:38:05

...sorry can't help it...

WHICH ONE ARE YOU, THE DOUCHE IN THE COSTUME WITH THE PLASTIC GUN TRYING HARD TO LOOK LIKE A BADASS, OR THE OTHER DOUCHE IN THE COSTUME WITH THE PLASTIC GUN TRYING HARD TO LOOK LIKE A BADASS?

...k. Done.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 12:41:33

I also like how you called me a scrawny bitch with AIDS - then I look at the picture...and you're a scrawny bitch with AIDS. EITHER ONE, TAKE YOUR PICK.

We should team up and give the entire world AIDS.

The NG BBS // Bringing out the worst in everyone.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 12:46:29

At 12/5/03 12:41 PM, Stamper wrote: I also like how you called me a scrawny bitch with AIDS - then I look at the picture...and you're a scrawny bitch with AIDS. EITHER ONE, TAKE YOUR PICK.

We should team up and give the entire world AIDS.

The NG BBS // Bringing out the worst in everyone.

Deal! You take the women and I'll take the men!

Razoric.com - Independent Game Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 12:49:00

LOL! Nice picture Rob, like the beard!

Also I just been bothered to read Jeremy's posts... and it makes as much sense as I expected. First off Jeremy, just because you're on the Netwerk doesn't mean your post is right... I mean, no offense dude, but whereas (some) of your flash animations look good there really is no thought or humour put into them. Sloth? Comeon dude, even a flash n00b can make an animation with someone that looks like Stamper going on and on about Chocolate. Your reading rainbow, I mean, wtf was that about? The only flash animation that you made that I liked was Barge of 1000 Bullets which... oh wait, that uses sprites. Sound familiar?

Fact remains, whereas Randy's not the best flasher at animated work, he is without a doubt untouched when it comes to Sprites, and he does something that no one ever does (With the exception of a few of the top sprite artists like Paul ter Voorde and Vazz)... customises sprites that actually look good. Even in your sprite movie just had the hands cut out and tweened, or had some poor looking paint symbols which were stretched to give the vague look of arms. Btw, hows your loving relationship with Godfart?

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 13:00:46

At 12/5/03 03:52 AM, alienature wrote: Randy Solem Vs. Clark Lybeck.
8. VGDC cartoons are so shallow that they contain either 1) violence, or 2) immature sexual references.

Immature sexual reference... hmmm, let's see... Data's first emotion was about Data having an orgasm. I don't think that needs to be explain... I almost spat out my coca-cola when I read that, it was so funny.

Now violence... Mack Daddy Mario? Ohhhh, so much violence! Mario gets lucky/Mario's accident? wow, how violent.

BTW as for shallow, did you ever watch Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom? Mario's funeral scene was possibly one of the most touching scenes I've EVER seen in a VG parody. Did you have anything that really strike people's emotions with Barge of a 1000 bullets?

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 13:29:27

At 12/5/03 12:49 PM, A17roolz wrote:

Fact remains, whereas Randy's not the best flasher at animated work, he is without a doubt untouched when it comes to Sprites,

I have to disagree with you on that one, there have been many GREAT sprite movies , vass was one of them like you mentioned and a whole bunch of others (including me ) i dont have proof yet but i am working on my next movie which literally rougly 50% complete makes my first movie look like total garbage.

But its not just that randy doesn't seem to understand thats he's pissed off quite a few people with his attitude. Now dont get me wrong razoric and randy are good sprite flash artists but im convinced they act nothing near to their age,

Randy: you really gotta stop using that cancer insult on that guy its getting old, lol

Razoric: just an hour ago i was laughing at your FF trilogy series now i feel i wasted my time because you called me a " douche " was it? razoric im more pissed that randy wasted your time so you could teach ihm flash then whenever people want his help he treats them like shit. yet he was a noob at flash too but then when you teach him he wont help another out, very fucking thankful huh?

now another thing that pisses me off is all the suck ups, , he aint the fuckin preseident will you people get that through your heads!

randy also stop acting like a fucking celebrity , its annoying when people brag and act like " the best " , your lucky to get your damn free hosting which some of us are not lucky enough to get. and stop abusing your damn forum admin and act more responsibly it pisses me off when you bann people for nothing then 10 minutes later you cuss off another board member for nothing.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:02:51

Vazz, Razoric and Paul ter Voorde are the only two sprite artists that I feel even touch Randy's quality in Sprite movies. And when you say you, isn't that showing off a bit too considering no one has ever seen your flash? I mean, seriously. That's worse than Randy showing 'coz you're unheard of and you still brag ;).

Randy doesn't brag, in fact, he encourages people he sees talent in to keep going with Flash. Wanna know why I have a fairly big name for myself? 'coz Randy not only inspired me to start flash with his pixel parodies, but he also encouraged my work and helped me where he could... Resident Koopa may not have been as good as stuff I can do now, but Randy told me it was awesome considering how long I had been using Flash for, and this is what pisses me off...

Yes, I agree, Randy's not perfect, no one is, but people don't look at his good points enough. He willingly gives out flas of his movies for people to use in their own (all heavily customised sprites... and as long as they give credit of course), he encourages people who show talent and he gives his fans what they want most of the time. Sure, Randy might misunderstand shit sometimes, but can you honestly say you never have?

Randy doesn't treat himself as a god, he just has alot of fans and feels he needs to keep them happy with his work. The only reason you guys cut in on him is because he has so many fans that he stands out more than anyone, my guess is that you're all jealous. Get over it people, Randy made a huge name for himself, and you guys haven't and can't take it.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:07:26

Are you done sucking Randy's dick yet? I mean, if you're not, I'll wait till you're finished...just in case you wanted to add a few more chapters.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:11:52

Fact remains, whereas Randy's not the best flasher at animated work, he is without a doubt untouched when it comes to Sprites, and he does something that no one ever does

Cheat. Steal. Sell something that isn't his for profit. Rise above original animators by ripping off graphic designers for Nintendo.

Reviews for Barge show that it was better than ROTMK. Several people made that comment. And then it hit me, I made a cartoon in Randy's rip-off style that people liked better. Only I didn't make a dime off of it. I don't know exactly why it did better with the reviewers, maybe it's because I did what Randy tried to do, make violence look like violence.

Barge proved that if you are going to steal shit, get it right. It's pretty simple to steal sounds that improve your cartoon, and steal graphics that you can work with. So focus on other areas like editing.

When you're dealing with sprites, you can whip out hundreds of them real quick, it's because YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRAW ANYTHING!

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:15:01

At 12/5/03 10:44 AM, rsdig wrote: Now I know why Goonie guy never returned my emails months ago... he doesn't like me! Please excuse me while I go kill myself :( And thanks for the shop plug. Click it kiddies!

Ok I'm officially done here!

I don't hate you. I returned your email the next day! You probably just deleted it. I was ready to make the deal.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:18:17

thats if you want to send out garbage but if you want a REAL good movie with sprites you have to spend a lot of time ot make it look great.

as for A17 . im not jealous im just annoyed because i was fan of randy's for like a long time then when i finally get the chance to talk to him ( via vgdc forum ) he gives me his first impression that he's a real prick. i dont know what to believe its hard especially over the internet, but thats what i thought after a while.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:22:12

Thats life, pussy. Deal.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:24:01

Cheat. Steal.

saying I cheated implies jealousy..and stealing? How did you pull off Mario Barge without stealing sprites? And better reviews???? I ain't bragging but I don't see your movie anywhere here.....

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:26:21

Not to piss in anyone's cereal - but aren't we all supposed to be doing constructive things instead of arguing?

Solem you're a faggot.

I mean come on.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:27:02

At 12/5/03 02:18 PM, Matrix_DX wrote: thats if you want to send out garbage but if you want a REAL good movie with sprites you have to spend a lot of time ot make it look great.

yet you talk shit when I told you I spent hours a day on my movies??? oooooook

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:28:27

yea well that was just pure shit luck when mario bloopers 1 released i came close to dailiy feature award but i didnt get it just berly because some people released their movies ont he same day with good content so i got a reccomendation but no award, right now my movies at a 3.60 but it came close to an award.

Im certain my new movie coming SHOULD get 1 considering it looks 20x better than the first, so we will see until than.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:29:40

At 12/5/03 02:27 PM, rsdig wrote:
At 12/5/03 02:18 PM, Matrix_DX wrote: thats if you want to send out garbage but if you want a REAL good movie with sprites you have to spend a lot of time ot make it look great.
yet you talk shit when I told you I spent hours a day on my movies??? oooooook

i was saying if you just put like 100 of sprites out in 2 seconds with no real effort no where does it say that about your movies.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:34:47

At 12/5/03 02:11 PM, alienature wrote:
Fact remains, whereas Randy's not the best flasher at animated work, he is without a doubt untouched when it comes to Sprites, and he does something that no one ever does
Cheat. Steal. Sell something that isn't his for profit. Rise above original animators by ripping off graphic designers for Nintendo.

Reviews for Barge show that it was better than ROTMK. Several people made that comment. And then it hit me, I made a cartoon in Randy's rip-off style that people liked better. Only I didn't make a dime off of it. I don't know exactly why it did better with the reviewers, maybe it's because I did what Randy tried to do, make violence look like violence.

Barge proved that if you are going to steal shit, get it right. It's pretty simple to steal sounds that improve your cartoon, and steal graphics that you can work with. So focus on other areas like editing.

When you're dealing with sprites, you can whip out hundreds of them real quick, it's because YOU DON'T HAVE TO DRAW ANYTHING!

No but if you want them to look good, you have to spend alot of time editing them! Holy shit! Didn't think of that one, did ya Jeremy? Maybe you can use that piece of advice in Barge of 1000 bullets 2! And your movie proved if you steal shit, get it right? So you ARE stealing shit? And also are you saying Randy doesn't edit his own stuff? LOL! Yeah, you're right Jeremy, Randy was lucky to find bits in Mario World where he just so happened to burst into dance, hahaha.

Anyways, on to your other points... didn't Randy edit MC Koopa for his T-shirts? so that'd make it so that he put effort into the sprite... correct? Plus he may make money off his tell-a-friend, but it's not like he sneakily steals money from people when they use it... he gets paid AND gets popularity... it's a win win deal. And he makes more stuff the more demand it's in.

And onto the last point... you making a better sprite parody than Randy. PLEASE don't make me laugh, it was good but don't flatter yourself. You didn't edit the sprites themselves and the effects look extremely poor in places. The only reason you got better reviews than ROTMK is because you're not a dedicated sprite artist therefore you don't get the sprite haters pitchforking your ass all the time about it, whereas Randy does. But then again, maybe you should consider it, it might be a chance for you to churn out some decent stuff.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:35:25

At 12/5/03 02:26 PM, Stamper wrote: Not to piss in anyone's cereal - but aren't we all supposed to be doing constructive things instead of arguing?

Solem you're a faggot.

I mean come on.

Yeh you're right.

But I'm sure you didnt contract the aids through a needle homo. Toodley do!

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:37:55

At 12/5/03 02:24 PM, rsdig wrote:
Cheat. Steal.
saying I cheated implies jealousy..and stealing? How did you pull off Mario Barge without stealing sprites? And better reviews???? I ain't bragging but I don't see your movie anywhere here.....

Both our stories are cliche.
Both our graphics are stolen.
Both our soundtracks are stolen.

If you've noticed, I also have some completely original cartoons. Do you have one cartoon that is 100% original? By that, I mean, you've drawn it out, you've adding your own music (if you used music), the story is original, the characters, the voice acting, all of that. And if you do, how well it go? If you don't, make one. You will understand that it's a different road.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:49:12

nah i'll keep stealing.

Response to Street Fighter Vs. Mortal Kombat! 2003-12-05 14:52:44

At 12/5/03 02:37 PM, alienature wrote: Both our stories are cliche.
Both our graphics are stolen.
Both our soundtracks are stolen.

Then why are you moaning!?