00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

539,333 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-25 12:23:44

At 12/25/05 04:40 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha ya i try and keep it above1,000, ill try and improve on that though, oh and the BIG game is almost here USC :-)

Well, a week from Wednesday. Still around 10 days. Now, when you say that after my update on NEXT weekend, you'll have a definite point. #;-}>

At 12/25/05 06:35 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: First of all, merry christmas gfox! Second, good update. Nice to see myself getting 908 points and winning bronze for that week. :)

Merry Christmas! Thanks. And yep, enjoy your holiday bronzendness.

Well, it was fun to see it at 255 posts, but I did post with it once on Friday, but that it.

255 posts as in the highest stat value in most RPGs due to the ol' 256 values (0-255) binary-related reasons? #;-}>

I'm not bothered about my ratio. As long as I get enough B/P, I'm fine. Maybe I have too much blams and too little saves, but I'm not too bothered.

Someday, man. Someday you will be bothered about it. And then you will get much saves in plentifulness. Until then... we will wait. Feel free to consult myself, Toocool, or any of the other megasavers for help if you ever feel guilty about your blammishness. #;-}>

Level 23, I'm not going to think of reaching that horrible level. I think I'll stay at level 22 and not having to stick with that stupid staff for two years.

If it ain't worth it to you to struggle through level 23 to get to 24 or 25 (to me, it's worth it... 24+25 = so much greatness it's worth suffering through 23... just as 15+16 = so much greatness it was worth suffering through 14), then I suppose staying at level 22 is an option. But as I just alluded to, it won't be for me.

Yeah, maybe you shouldn't post with your alt for a little while. :P That'll get you to 10000 posts a little sooner.

I was thinking that when reading your "yeah, why not post with your alt some more" thing, but I didn't want to ramble too much on the subject. Posting with alt = delaying teh 10kness. OH NOE. ;_;

But wouldn't having a life be more important tha getting the third to 4x10k?

I like to have my cake and eat it, too. If only there was a way to do both and still get sleep.

At 12/25/05 03:50 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Especially for Ozcar? O_o
Yeah, I think it'll take him around seven years to get to 100000 posts.

No, I meant... argh. When you say "blahblah will take a long time... ESPECIALLY for FillInNameHere," one tends to mean that the person you just named is a particularly outstanding example of someone who is very slow at doing whatever blahblah is, and that it will take him WAYYYY more time than it will take most people. But Ozcar, however long it will take him to get 100,000 posts, is certainly going to get there (if anyone does) a lot sooner than say me or any other average BBS poster who isn't ZAAL, Ozcar, Tanner in his prime, etc. etc., eh? Your word choice of especially made it sound like Ozcar has 5000 posts, not 20,000+, ya see.

Tom really wants to annoy them and keep increasing the requirement, so they don't get to see pictures of him, doesn't he? XD

Assuming there even ARE pictures. Keep a skeptical mind, yo.

Hmm, I dunno about how active the portal will be, but I'm not bothered about B/P today.

Good for ya. I'm just dropping by to catch up one last time because I'm all packed and ready to go hit the road to drive off to my family dinner and all. Consider it my Christmas present (to... myself? my threads? people who like my catchup posts to happen more than once a week, if that? #;-}>).

At 12/25/05 06:50 AM, Jeanneke_Pis wrote: Nice update gfox! I think it will take another few months before I'm on this list. God damn, why the hell did I stop getting b/p points. :(

Thanks. I guess you stopped because hitting 30,000 was good enough? Also, didn't you have really nifty numbers (22,500 and 7,500) to stop at for 30k, also? In any event, it is a pity you didn't hit 10,000 saves BEFORE retiring your b/pness for awhile, yes. I see you're quickly fixing that, though. You'll hit 10k saves and 10k exp before too much time has passed, so it's all good, eh?

At 12/25/05 08:42 AM, LittleMissVixen wrote: You've got a nice list going on. Too bad I won't be on it for a while. I only just hit 5000 saves this morning which means I probably have another year before I get 10000 of them. =P

Thanks. Hey, you hit 10,000 blams pretty damned quickly and you're more than half the way to 10,000 saves, so... depending on the quality of stuff in the portal, I wouldn't rule out you managing to make it in far less than a year. Just... um... try for 500-1000 saves per month for a nice rate. Just ask Toocool to show you how it's done (and try to convince Bahamut to join you in any lessons Toocool gives out #;-}>).

At 12/25/05 11:29 AM, -Gooch- wrote: If I don't get to it, I'd imagine I'd fall short by around fifty posts or so.

Well, you'll have a nice 99xx total by the end of the year, then. And a big ol' shiny 10,000 waiting for you in the new year.

I don't know, really. The only reason I usually abstain from posting so much is that I try and keep things longer than just one sentence, or maybe one sentence and a link.

I can count the number of times I've posted one sentence posts on the BBS... on ONE HAND. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but... it's certainly a smaller percentage of my posts than it is of most users'.

I try and keep them long like this one,

You call that post you just made... LONG? #;-}>

I don't know how you do it sometimes, Gfox. I don't know how you do it. :)

Typing all the time? Well, I don't type ALL the time anymore. I used to. I get enough typing at work now that I don't need to come home on weeknights and type some more on BBSes. That said, the weekends are still fun to do some BBS typing on. I miss the days when I could post long-ass multi-quote replies AND post many of them....

Instead of having to choose between length of post... and number of posts... and guess which one ALWAYS wins when it comes to gfox. Damn straight.

So... if you don't know how I do it... it's probably because I... don't. Any more. #;-}>

Unless you just mean type long-ass posts whenever I DO post, which... well, of course I still do that. How? I dunno. It comes naturally.

Happpppppppppy Festivus and a Merry New Year, all! Time to hit the road for me. Good day to ye all and a happy new week!!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-25 13:54:56

At 12/25/05 12:23 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/25/05 06:50 AM, Jeanneke_Pis wrote: Nice update gfox! I think it will take another few months before I'm on this list. God damn, why the hell did I stop getting b/p points. :(
Thanks. I guess you stopped because hitting 30,000 was good enough? Also, didn't you have really nifty numbers (22,500 and 7,500) to stop at for 30k, also? In any event, it is a pity you didn't hit 10,000 saves BEFORE retiring your b/pness for awhile, yes. I see you're quickly fixing that, though. You'll hit 10k saves and 10k exp before too much time has passed, so it's all good, eh?

Yes it was me who had those nifty numbers. A while ago I accidently got 2 b/p points and that really pissed me off. So I started again just to get nice round numbers again. My first goal is 10k saves. Maybe I retire, maybe I like 12500 saves better. We'll see.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-25 15:22:40

At 12/25/05 12:23 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Merry Christmas! Thanks. And yep, enjoy your holiday bronzendness.

Indeed I will. Got a lot of things I wanted for christmas! :D

255 posts as in the highest stat value in most RPGs due to the ol' 256 values (0-255) binary-related reasons? #;-}>

Yeah, that's why I liked the 255 number. Heh, that reminds me. Ages ago, I thought of an alt account and get it to 255 EXP, 255 blams, 255 saves, 255 reviews (maybe 255 responses as well) and 255 posts. Maybe I should try and make an alt to get to those numbers someday.

Someday, man. Someday you will be bothered about it. And then you will get much saves in plentifulness. Until then... we will wait. Feel free to consult myself, Toocool, or any of the other megasavers for help if you ever feel guilty about your blammishness. #;-}>

Toocool, hmm, he's too cool for blams and I'm much of a blammer. He's much of a saviour and look at him now, he's close to EGSC with that high save to blam ratio.

If it ain't worth it to you to struggle through level 23 to get to 24 or 25 (to me, it's worth it... 24+25 = so much greatness it's worth suffering through 23... just as 15+16 = so much greatness it was worth suffering through 14), then I suppose staying at level 22 is an option. But as I just alluded to, it won't be for me.

It'll take me seven years to get to level 22. I might not be on NG by then. :| But still, I'll try and aim for the highest level I could reach, unless I finally hit level 22.

Posting with alt = delaying teh 10kness. OH NOE. ;_;

I know. When I was in the 9k posts, I didn't want to make a single post with my alt until I had 9999 posts.

Just ask Toocool to show you how it's done (and try to convince Bahamut to join you in any lessons Toocool gives out #;-}>).

Umm, just to let you know, Miss Vixen used to have a 5 to 1 blam to save ratio. Now my blam to save ratio is nothing compared to hers a while ago.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-26 00:41:28

if anyone's awake, when was the last update?

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-26 04:37:44

At 12/26/05 12:41 AM, Morextremist wrote: when was the last update?

Look here, scroll down to the bottom.

12/24/05

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-26 17:55:25

At 12/25/05 03:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote: In 7 months you'll be hitting 10k exp, but are you sure you're gonna hit 10k posts by then, too? If you weren't aware, you need 2 10k stats to make the list, as of March 2005.

Oh, I'm aware of that.

3.9k posts in 7 months is no problem. I'll probably pick up the pace towards the end too so I can synchronize them for whatever reason.

Dead.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-30 08:46:08

Hello. Looks like your alt levelled up, congrats! :D Now tomorrow, you should be getting the hammer, right? That'll be cool! I hope you have a happy new year gfox! :)

BTW, incase you didn't catch this user, Zerok reached 10000 posts.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-31 22:36:17

At 12/25/05 12:42 PM, -Gooch- wrote: Well, you know, longer than the usual posts that I use when I end up locking someone's topic.

Heh... okay. It just seems like you were referring to your usual/average posts being so short... not just your lock posts.

Or wait, are lock posts your usual posts? If so... man, you need to stop locking so many topics and just post in conversations. TOO MUCH MODDING is unhealthy!

If you try and make a locking post one or two paragraphs long, there's no way in hell I'd get that post in, mostly because somebody else locked the topic before I even had a chance to.

Well, you could open the reply to topic page in a separate tab or window... then go back to the topic page and lock it... then type out a long-ass and clever lock message in the posting window... and when the post is ready, you could go back to the admin pop-up window and unlock the topic, hit post, relock the topic, boom-bam-bim.

That's incredibly sad, of course, but you COULD do it. #;-}>

I try and make it come naturally. Since I never did, I just started sucking it up and did it in your style. In most of the threads I made during the year, I would always end up responding to just about everyone who posted in the topic. Hell, factoring in everything, some of those posts ended up taking up all 6,500 characters.

Welcome to my world. I run into the 6500 limit in about 60% of the posts I make. Mostly because when you're posting 20k or so into 3 catch-up posts in level up or one of your own list topics, that'll kinda happen while you try to paste all the ramble from your notepad window into the post window. #;-}>

Anyways, enjoy your Christmas, man.

I did, for the most part. More on that later tonight, along with the update post. Hope yours went well.

At 12/25/05 01:54 PM, Jeanneke_Pis wrote: Yes it was me who had those nifty numbers. A while ago I accidently got 2 b/p points and that really pissed me off. So I started again just to get nice round numbers again. My first goal is 10k saves. Maybe I retire, maybe I like 12500 saves better. We'll see.

I had a feelin' it was you. :::nods::: Yeah, I read something about your little accident b/page. That had to suck.

10k, 12.5k, 15k, whatever you like, man. THE MORE SAVES THE BETTER, but the five-digitness is the key, so anything past 10k is gravy (and helps with the pentalist save average, of course, so I'm all for you going past 10k if you don't mind doing so once you've hit it, of course of course of course #;-}>).

At 12/25/05 03:22 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Indeed I will. Got a lot of things I wanted for christmas! :D

Wahoooey!

Yeah, that's why I liked the 255 number. Heh, that reminds me. Ages ago, I thought of an alt account and get it to 255 EXP, 255 blams, 255 saves, 255 reviews (maybe 255 responses as well) and 255 posts. Maybe I should try and make an alt to get to those numbers someday.

HELL YEAH, I totally pegged it. #;-}>

I figured you were either a console RPG freak or a really-scary-way-too-into-IP-address-numbe
rs-to-be-healthy freak (0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 is the range of IP addies for the same reason 0-255 is the range of most RPG stat values).

Good ol' 2 to the 8th power!

Toocool, hmm, he's too cool for blams and I'm much of a blammer. He's much of a saviour and look at him now, he's close to EGSC with that high save to blam ratio.

Close to? Well past now and in the top 36 last I checked. Kickin' ass and takin' names without having to blam flashes left and right. YOU SHOULD MODEL YOUR B/P CAREER AFTER HIM FROM NOW ON. WE ALL SHOULD. BUT WE FAIL BECAUSE WE AREN'T PERFECT. ;_;

It'll take me seven years to get to level 22. I might not be on NG by then. :| But still, I'll try and aim for the highest level I could reach, unless I finally hit level 22.

I see. Well, you could always go for even smaller goals for the time being. No sense keeping level 22 up there as an eternal cosmic carrot that seems way too far away to be in reach. That's why levels like 15, 16, 18, and 20 are so good. They are reachable from each other... they are... gettable. They are... comfortably ranged apart. They make it all worthwhile.

I know. When I was in the 9k posts, I didn't want to make a single post with my alt until I had 9999 posts.

Heh. I'm not THAT dedicated, but I certainly will cut down on the amount of alt posting I do once I'm past 9k as well.

Umm, just to let you know, Miss Vixen used to have a 5 to 1 blam to save ratio. Now my blam to save ratio is nothing compared to hers a while ago.

Just because she was worse doesn't make your ratio GOOD, silly. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2005-12-31 22:38:29

At 12/26/05 04:37 AM, Afro_Stud wrote:
At 12/26/05 12:41 AM, Morextremist wrote: when was the last update?
Look here, scroll down to the bottom.

12/24/05

It says the date way up at the top in the title, too, yanno.

It's also in my sig. And there's very few pages of this topic (if any) that don't have posts from me in them, so that's always an option.

And finally, there's been an update (whether on Saturday or Sunday) every weekend since it went to every 7 days instead of every 14 days... in March of 2005. And before that, every other weekend without fail for aways back (August 2004, most likely). And before that, kinda without any pattern.

So compared to the origins of this list, knowing when the last update was is QUITE easy!

At 12/26/05 05:55 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 12/25/05 03:53 AM, gfoxcook wrote: In 7 months you'll be hitting 10k exp, but are you sure you're gonna hit 10k posts by then, too? If you weren't aware, you need 2 10k stats to make the list, as of March 2005.
Oh, I'm aware of that.

Okiedokie. You don't post in this topic all that often, so I wanted to make sure. I'm always surprised by who sometimes doesn't remember you need 2 10k stats, so you can never be too careful. :::nods:::

3.9k posts in 7 months is no problem. I'll probably pick up the pace towards the end too so I can synchronize them for whatever reason.

Ah, I see. I wanted to do that as well, back a year ago or so when I had around 7500 posts and 8000 exp.

Now I've got 11,500+ exp and 8600+ posts.

Funny how those "synchronisation" goals can go. Better luck to you with yours than I had with mine, though. #;-}>

At 12/30/05 08:46 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Hello. Looks like your alt levelled up, congrats! :D Now tomorrow, you should be getting the hammer, right? That'll be cool! I hope you have a happy new year gfox! :)

BTW, incase you didn't catch this user, Zerok reached 10000 posts.

Thanks, man.

Happy New Year to you, too. And yep, I caught Zerok. Quite recently, actually. Thanks for double-safety-netting me on that one, though. If you've got anyone else, you'd best tell me .... uh... yesterday. #;-}>

Anyway, if you guys hadn't guessed, despite all the talk in level up! or wherever else earlier today when I (gasp) caught up on the LUL and EGRL topics... I didn't get the update done this afternoon/early evening. For one thing, when I picked up my girlfriend from her work around 5 PM, she had some shopping she wanted to do with her $40 Christmas bonus at Best Buy, and even though it's nowhere near as insane as it was a week ago, it was still pretty long in the line department.

So, shopping there, a little shopping elsewhere, time starts to bleed away.

Here I am at 9:30 PM my time, wanting to be done with the update before midnight (my time) in 2.5 hours, and seeing the chances of that slipping away. I decided to hurry up and catch up on the topic first to get that out of the way and alert you guys that I am about to enter SPEED PENTALIST UPDATE MODE.

What this means is that I'm going to do as barebones a data pull as possible (every person's data from the list itself, of course, a check of all the 9000+/10000+ users, a check of the users just south of that area to see if there are any new 9k+ers and perhaps a slight check of the "new 1x10k" area but nothing as extensive and careful as I usually do.

I might be done by midnight CT and I might not. One thing's for sure: I ain't gonna be done by midnight ET. But since when is that new. #;-}> The DATA PULL, however, will be done by midnight. It's just the list-making after the data that's gonna be tough. It might be a little later than even usual due to partying with my gf (two types of sparkling wine, some french bread, brie, feta, mozzarella, prosciutto, fruit, vodka/chocolate liqueur/Bailey's Irish Cream/milk... and some beer for good measure. I AM GONNA GET TOASTED but not before I do the important data side of the list update. However, you can expect the text parts of the web update to be a little... "happy." And the update post in here? Probably even moreso. LET'S GO CRAZY LIKE IT'S 1999, OGM!

INITIATE SPEED PENTALIST UPDATE MODE.

SEE YA IN 2006, EVERYBODY!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 01:02:03

Web Pentalist Mark XLVII is uploaded and available.

No new members. One new triplelister, congrats to placebo on 10k blams in addition to his 10k exp and 10k posts.

Thanks to him, we FINALLY have status change for the first time in WEEKS.

And... this is almost perfectly timed for midnight. I am gonna kiss my sweetie, drink some sparkling wine, and then hit send. I'll ramble later today. January 1st, that is.

So... ENJOY THE UPDATE... but more importantly:

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 01:13:55

I hope no-one has any objections on having me posting here every now and then :)

At 1/1/06 01:02 AM, gfoxcook wrote: No new members. One new triplelister, congrats to placebo on 10k blams in addition to his 10k exp and 10k posts.

Congrats to him indeed. It makes him 19th triplelisted ever, if you must extend the statistics a bit.

So... ENJOY THE UPDATE... but more importantly:

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I haven't been ignoring these updates, so i'm as happy as anyone that another update has been done. And it seems as the average saves has risen above 10k. How fun!

Happy new year!

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 01:22:41

Nice update GFOX :-)

Denvish had some awaytime i think, probably the only reaseon i grabbed gold this week, Devish is just too good at this game we call stats haha, anyways thanks for a nice update and in time fashion that could be a first haha j/k anyways once again thanks for making this list for us...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 01:50:22

Happy New Year gfox! And nice update. Very good to see myself winning silver for this update. I was hoping to gain over 1000 points in a week, but it looks my laziness this week and christmas slowed me down. Oh well. Next week, I think I should pass both jon and FIG. BTW, it's around 6:50AM where I live right now, so I'm not going to make any quotings right now. I better get off the internet as soon as I make this post since I think my mum will be fucking mad if she finds out if I'm still up. :S

BTW, my New Years Resolution, to not be as lazy. That means at anytime. Whenever I'm waking up in the morning, whenever I'm in school and whenever I'm on the internet. Heh, I bet this'll be one hell of a challenge to not be lazy. And you know what, I'll probably be too lazy to try and not be so lazy. :P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 03:34:39

Happy New Year gfox!! Coolbeans! I made the second highest number of points out of the top 10 users. I can't believe I beat Denvish this week but he's probably been busy over the holidays. Heh, I even made 4 more points than bila too (that's what really counts). Thanks for the 'always so awesome update' gfox.

Do you know why Santa is always so jolly at Christmas time?

Because he knows where all the bad girls live. Hohoho!

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 07:00:07

At 12/31/05 10:36 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I figured you were either a console RPG freak or a really-scary-way-too-into-IP-address-numbe
rs-to-be-healthy freak (0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 is the range of IP addies for the same reason 0-255 is the range of most RPG stat values).

Heh, it would definately be the RPG thing. IP numbers, meh, I would find it boring to stop at the number 255 for the IP 255 number.

That's why levels like 15, 16, 18, and 20 are so good. They are reachable from each other... they are... gettable. They are... comfortably ranged apart. They make it all worthwhile.

Yep, but 20, I got around 4 years to deposit to get to that level. Damn, I hope the new levels come out soon. I even saw a level 31 on the levels list, but it might've been a glitch and there was no picture for level 31.

Just because she was worse doesn't make your ratio GOOD, silly. #;-}>

Okay, but there are seriously worse people with ratios out there such as Blam_Master.

At 12/31/05 10:38 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Happy New Year to you, too. And yep, I caught Zerok. Quite recently, actually. Thanks for double-safety-netting me on that one, though. If you've got anyone else, you'd best tell me .... uh... yesterday. #;-}>

Don't worry, I'll watch out for any users that have 9000 posts (no 10k stats) and I'll tell you.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 08:18:49

At 1/1/06 01:50 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Stuff about laziness

Well, okay, I already failed with waking up in the morning. :S School, I got school in three days time. Damn, my christmas holidays are almost over. And on the internet, well, if I don't get to 1000 reviews before July or not make a single flash that passes under judgment this year, then I am just a lazy bastard on the internet. :P

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-01 13:42:46

Well I am glad you had time for your update over the holidays.
I manged to get a few more reviews nefore teh new year, which will move me up in that list. I have a couple authors picked out for next on my list. So I may zoom pasty 1200 as well. You already know which number I'll stop on so I hope there are no other numbers you don't want to miss on the way.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-02 00:06:05

At 1/1/06 01:13 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I hope no-one has any objections on having me posting here every now and then :)

Anyone is free to post here as long as they post SOME on-topic stuff now and then and don't bash statness constantly and don't start fights left and right. Those three things would make teh gfox sad. ;_;

Congrats to him indeed. It makes him 19th triplelisted ever, if you must extend the statistics a bit.

Well, it's not very hard. Just look at the chart at the bottom of the pentalist website and add the 17 with the 1 and 1 that iz ramagi and XwaynecoltX sitting over there at 4x10k and 5x10k but once were at 3x10k. #;-}>

biteme = going to be the 21st 3x10ker (Gooch will beat him to 3x10k, methinks) and the 3rd 4x10ker. You heard it here first, folks.

I haven't been ignoring these updates, so i'm as happy as anyone that another update has been done. And it seems as the average saves has risen above 10k. How fun!

That was something I was gonna ramble about after midnight had the update taken longer than I expected, yes. I was super happy when I ran the stat calcs and saw that 10,017. #;-}>

THANK YOU ALL FOR SAVING TEH HOLIDAY FLASHES AND RAISING THE AVERAGE SO NICELY!

Happy new year!

Yayayayay!

At 1/1/06 01:22 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Nice update GFOX :-)

Thanks!

Denvish had some awaytime i think, probably the only reaseon i grabbed gold this week, Devish is just too good at this game we call stats haha, anyways thanks for a nice update and in time fashion that could be a first haha j/k anyways once again thanks for making this list for us...

Yeah. In terms of the top 10 pentalisters... Denvish, myself, and ramagi were especially effected by the holidays, clearly. Seeing Denvish at the same b/p number for two straight days on the top 50 b/p is kinda shocking, but we all know it won't last for very long, so... yeah. #;-}> And you're quite welcome!

Took less than 2.5 hours to make the list, yes. I have done it faster, but not with 63 list members, let me assure you. Back with 30 members, though, sure.

At 1/1/06 01:50 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Happy New Year gfox! And nice update. Very good to see myself winning silver for this update. I was hoping to gain over 1000 points in a week, but it looks my laziness this week and christmas slowed me down. Oh well. Next week, I think I should pass both jon and FIG. BTW, it's around 6:50AM where I live right now, so I'm not going to make any quotings right now. I better get off the internet as soon as I make this post since I think my mum will be fucking mad if she finds out if I'm still up. :S

Yep, you = teh silverness, and that was nifty. Stop rambling about laziness, though. LAME. #;-}>

Heh.

BTW, my New Years Resolution, to not be as lazy. That means at anytime. Whenever I'm waking up in the morning, whenever I'm in school and whenever I'm on the internet. Heh, I bet this'll be one hell of a challenge to not be lazy. And you know what, I'll probably be too lazy to try and not be so lazy. :P

Here we are with this again. I already addressed the topic in LUL, so I won't bother being redundant here. (gasp, shocking I know!) #;-}>

At 1/1/06 02:02 AM, -Gooch- wrote: Great update like always, man. I love it. I didn't make it to 10K like I wanted to, but damn it, I really tried to. I thought I would've had a better shot at it once I started posting like a madman in a few of the clubs and crews that I usually post in. I was just trading them back and forth with about two or three users who kept posting back. It was a pretty cool night, and I thought I might've been able to pull it off then.

I didn't though. Oh well, not a total loss. I know that I should be able to get the mark sometime this year.

I'm so modest. :P Happy New Year, Greg.

Thanks for the high compliments as always. And no, you didn't hit the 10k quite yet, but you did pass a couple of people! Happy New Year to you, sirrah.

At 1/1/06 03:34 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Happy New Year gfox!! Coolbeans! I made the second highest number of points out of the top 10 users. I can't believe I beat Denvish this week but he's probably been busy over the holidays. Heh, I even made 4 more points than bila too (that's what really counts). Thanks for the 'always so awesome update' gfox.

Thanks, Recon. Happy 2006 to you as well. And yep, you're doing pretty good in the top 10 right now. The edging of bila was particularly important, I know. That's why I made a point of mentioning it on the webpage. #;-}> You're welcome!

At 1/1/06 07:00 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Heh, it would definately be the RPG thing. IP numbers, meh, I would find it boring to stop at the number 255 for the IP 255 number.

Heh.

Yep, but 20, I got around 4 years to deposit to get to that level. Damn, I hope the new levels come out soon. I even saw a level 31 on the levels list, but it might've been a glitch and there was no picture for level 31.

Pfft. I hope the levels stay the same. This system has too much invested in it by so many users...

Okay, but there are seriously worse people with ratios out there such as Blam_Master.

True, true. I didn't say you were the worst of a bad lot. Just among them. #;-}>

Don't worry, I'll watch out for any users that have 9000 posts (no 10k stats) and I'll tell you.

Yay!

At 1/1/06 01:42 PM, ramagi wrote: Well I am glad you had time for your update over the holidays.
I manged to get a few more reviews nefore teh new year, which will move me up in that list. I have a couple authors picked out for next on my list. So I may zoom pasty 1200 as well. You already know which number I'll stop on so I hope there are no other numbers you don't want to miss on the way.

Thanks, ramagi. After 1111 reviews, only 1234 is all that cool of a number before your goal. So make sure to snag a screenshot of 1234... and maybe stay at it for one of my updates, if you like. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-02 08:15:52

At 1/2/06 12:06 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Yep, you = teh silverness, and that was nifty.

Yep, but school will come in two days time. Damn!

Stop rambling about laziness, though. LAME. #;-}>

Pfft. I hope the levels stay the same. This system has too much invested in it by so many users...

But I hope at least something is done to make levelling up easier.

True, true. I didn't say you were the worst of a bad lot. Just among them. #;-}>

Best blam to save ratio ever! :D

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-02 09:34:21

At 12/25/05 03:50 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Pfft. If you don't think a nifty number like 12,345 or 55,555 or so forth deserve congratting, then you're some kinda lame statfan. #;-}>

Haha, as I said, I ain't much of a statfan.

Speaking of which, I'm damned tired right now. And I'll be driving ~200 miles or so tomorrow morning so that my girlfriend and I can spend Christmas with my parents at their place for some foods and presents and fun.

Heh, that just makes me thinking of that you wrote this a while ago... <=/

Thank goodness Christmas wasn't on a Saturday like last year. The list update would have been... dooooooooomed.

Heh, Christmas Eve was on a Saturday, and that's when we celebrate Christmas in Sweden. It was good though. =P

Especially for Ozcar? O_o

Haha, yeah what the heck? XD

Stuff...

I was amazed that no-one had got 100ยด000 posts when I joined the NG BBS. But it will cool when someone gets it. =)

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-07 12:41:06

If only StealthSteve could make one more post! >:( Same with sirevil. Both of them should make their 10000th post soon. I think both of them are trying to think what to say in their 10000th post. It was easy for me to know where to put my 10000th post in.

Star_Cleaver is close to 10000 posts as well, but hopefully not going to stop at 9999 posts like Steve and sirevil!

At 1/2/06 12:06 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh.

Well, I was thinking of posting with my alt for a bit to get it to 360 posts, but I won't stop posting with my main account yet. Maybe at 15000 posts, I'll post with my alt to get it to 360 posts. Hey, 360 is quite a good number like 255. It could be for XBOX 360 or anything else.

And I heard about levels from Wade with adding new levels and changing some level pictures like the staff. :D If the staff gets replaced with a better weapon, I then wouldn't mind being a level 23 user.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-07 12:53:54

I noticed that when denvish updated the b/p list, he found a whole lot of the missing gaps. Two of which, have over 10000 blams. So, just checking in if you don't have DrJam or a very recent sign up date user, addictedtong. And I'm guessing you have all of these people as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 03:43:55

Web Pentalist Mark XLVIII is uploaded and available.

One new member. Welcome to the pentalist, NegativeONE! Exp + blam counts just over 10k = inclusion, yo. We've got TWO new triplelisters as well. Congrats to Gooch and Newgrundling on their b/p/bbspostwhoring triplelistednesseses. Awestruck, bam-shuck, give it up, no luck.

Yes, I'm a bit loopy. Long night due to starting the list update around 30 minutes before midnight NG time and... various other things'll do that to ya, I suppose. THE BEER HELPS, TOO! #;-}>

In sadder news, both the save % and save average dropped this week. HOWEVER, in not-so-sad news, the % only dropped from 20.64 to 20.62 and the average dropped from 10017 to 10001 (WHEW! Soooo close).

This means that one more new list entry person with a savecount under... oh, 9950 or so... is gonna sink my battleship. So that bites. But hey, some of you guys are obviously doing a real bang-up job of save-gaining. So my hat's off to yas. KEEP IT UP, YO! We needs ya. ;_;

Enjoy the update, all. Oh, and enjoy the LLL, too. They've been coming every other week now for a month or so. It's like clockwork:

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 03:45:40

List Leap List as of 20060107
(up from 33 to 34 list-leapers)

Rank -- List Leap -- [ Entry Rank / Members ] ( Update # ) Username
01 -- + 27 -- [ 21 / 50 ] ( 35 ) -Gooch-
02 -- + 22 -- [ 21 / 43 ] ( 30 ) EKRegulus
03 -- + 20 -- [ 12 / 32 ] ( 10 ) Denvish
04 -- + 20 -- [ 19 / 39 ] ( 22 ) KWAS71KCK
05 -- + 20 -- [ 34 / 56 ] ( 38 ) wismty
06 -- + 18 -- [ 31 / 50 ] ( 35 ) RoweNuts
07 -- + 18 -- [ 37 / 56 ] ( 38 ) AZPunisher
08 -- + 17 -- [ 18 / 36 ] ( 17 ) BonusStage
09 -- + 16 -- [ 25 / 42 ] ( 26 ) Qwoxyl
10 -- + 16 -- [ 40 / 56 ] ( 38 ) Toocool100
11 -- + 15 -- [ 35 / 50 ] ( 35 ) QuikFox
12 -- + 14 -- [ 17 / 31 ] ( 09 ) X-Naut
13 -- + 14 -- [ 24 / 38 ] ( 21 ) yaya12
14 -- + 13 -- [ 29 / 42 ] ( 26 ) Rabindarath
15 -- + 13 -- [ 31 / 44 ] ( 31 ) moongod
16 -- + 13 -- [ 47 / 60 ] ( 43 ) FIGMENTUM
17 -- + 13 -- [ 48 / 62 ] ( 44 ) Bahamut7
18 -- + 12 -- [ 33 / 45 ] ( 32 ) XkwiziTOnE
19 -- + 11 -- [ 23 / 34 ] ( 13 ) _lightning_
20 -- + 11 -- [ 42 / 53 ] ( 37 ) Newgrundling
21 -- + 08 -- [ 32 / 40 ] ( 23 ) jonthomson
22 -- + 08 -- [ 51 / 59 ] ( 42 ) ornery_scotsman
23 -- + 08 -- [ 56 / 64 ] ( 48 ) NegativeONE
24 -- + 07 -- [ 30 / 37 ] ( 19 ) placebo
25 -- + 07 -- [ 50 / 58 ] ( 41 ) Mr_Snrub
26 -- + 07 -- [ 55 / 62 ] ( 44 ) alhill
27 -- + 05 -- [ 42 / 47 ] ( 34 ) Pure_LionHeart
28 -- + 02 -- [ 44 / 46 ] ( 33 ) -Myst-
29 -- + 02 -- [ 49 / 52 ] ( 36 ) RageVI
30 -- + 02 -- [ 56 / 58 ] ( 41 ) Parasoul
31 -- + 02 -- [ 61 / 63 ] ( 46 ) Mary
32 -- + 01 -- [ 51 / 52 ] ( 36 ) rvyn
33 -- + 00 -- [ 33 / 33 ] ( 11 ) PimpMasterKDOG
34 -- + 00 -- [ 36 / 36 ] ( 17 ) bigbadron

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 03:53:19

Har har, HORRAY, i got more points because I decided I may as well start b/sing and I've gotten like a holy shit load today :D.

Thing is if i wanted i could've beaten 1000, why? Well I've posted 750+ times this year, only about 300 on my main though ;o.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 04:13:09

At 1/2/06 08:15 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Yep, but school will come in two days time. Damn!

OH NOE, SCHOOOOOL. THE PLACE WHERE YOU DON'T GET PAID BUT STILL MUST WORK. ;_;

But I hope at least something is done to make levelling up easier.

PERHAPS. Just so long as they don't take away my precious level 24 and level 25 icons which I would like to get to soone ror later. But certainly SOMETIME. So it better not be never. That's all I be sayin'. o_o

Best blam to save ratio ever! :D

He's got 2000+ blams and 1 save.

That's not the "best" (I'd call him in the running for the WORST blam to save ratio ever, personally), though. There are plenty of people with 1 or 2 or 3 blams. Whatever... and 0 saves.

Those save-less noobs have infinite blam-to-save ratios. His is merely very large. Sorry to deflate yer ballooooooon. ;_;

At 1/7/06 12:41 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: If only StealthSteve could make one more post! >:( Same with sirevil. Both of them should make their 10000th post soon. I think both of them are trying to think what to say in their 10000th post. It was easy for me to know where to put my 10000th post in.

Before a week or two ago when sirevil started talking like he JUST MIGHT ACTUALLY POST #10,000 AT SOME POINT in his profile on Retrogade, I would have said you were crazy thinking he would make his 10,000th post anytime soon. But now it is looking somewhat likely, yes.

Stuporman, however, has only been paused at 9999 for 2 or 3 weeks.

sirevil has been at 9999 (or below it due to post deletions but then quickly back up to 9999 and paused again) SINCE OCTOBER 2004.

IIRC, at least. Certainly well over a year now. He's a devious bastard. The entire time my web pentalist has been going on, he's been there taunting the "1x10k announcements" section with his mere presence. When I first noticed him at 9999 back in that autumn of 2004, I toyed with the idea of announcing his 10k posts in advance, figuring he'd make it in a week or so at the very latest. BOY AM I GLAD I DIDN'T JUMP THE GUN ON THAT ONE, LEMME TELL YA.

Star_Cleaver is close to 10000 posts as well, but hopefully not going to stop at 9999 posts like Steve and sirevil!

He probably will, judging from how he's let all of his stats stagnate. His exp moves like 10 exp every month if we're lucky, and his posts move by maybe 3 or 4 per week at most. I can see him stopping at 9999 for longer than Steve but maybe not as long as sirevil.

Those evil evil bastards.

At 1/2/06 12:06 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Heh.

That's the same post you replied to back on 1/2... now you're replying to it again this weekend? What the hell, man. #;-}>

Well, I was thinking of posting with my alt for a bit to get it to 360 posts, but I won't stop posting with my main account yet. Maybe at 15000 posts, I'll post with my alt to get it to 360 posts. Hey, 360 is quite a good number like 255. It could be for XBOX 360 or anything else.

Uhhh... more like 360 degrees in a circle.

All other 360s (X-Box 360, Anderson Cooper 360, any mention of 360 with regards to skateboarding, of course, etc. etc. etc.) are basically named all because of 360 degrees.

36 = teh coolness. I keep telling you people this. Never doubt the importance of 36.

360 is a good number, too, but I like 365 and 369 better. They both look better, plus 365 is teh number of days in a year (well, more or less) and 369 is teh 3, 3+3, 3+3+3 pattern incorporating both 36 and 69, two of my three fave numbers (along with 42, of course).

36!!!O!~J!$~!4h1412h41232saaosjpr23!

OGM, YOU REPLIED TO THIS VERY SAME PART OF MY VERY SAME POST 5 DAYS PRIOR AS WELL!!!!

And I heard about levels from Wade with adding new levels and changing some level pictures like the staff. :D If the staff gets replaced with a better weapon, I then wouldn't mind being a level 23 user.

Wade was talking about new levels 18 months ago. I'll believes it when I sees it.

Now gimme my spinach.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 04:21:02

At 1/2/06 09:34 AM, Andersson wrote: Haha, as I said, I ain't much of a statfan.

Well, we'll just have to do something about that.

Speaking of which, I'm damned tired right now. And I'll be driving ~200 miles or so tomorrow morning so that my girlfriend and I can spend Christmas with my parents at their place for some foods and presents and fun.
Heh, that just makes me thinking of that you wrote this a while ago... <=/

Hey, it's not my fault that once 2006 rolled around, you decided to reply to a post of mine from 12/25... I had made like 6 more posts in this thread since the post you replied to, so... heh. You had plenty of more recent options. #;-}>

Heh, Christmas Eve was on a Saturday, and that's when we celebrate Christmas in Sweden. It was good though. =P

Why wouldn't it be good? I was only saying that had the days been arranged in 2005 as they were in 2004, my list updating would have been in jeopardy, that's all. It was tough enough doing it (in the early morning hours of Christmas Eve) back in 2004... 2005's X-mas weekend was even more hectic. Oh, and BTW, then my grandmother died on Christmas night.

Needless to say, had the list update been due when I got back to my apartment AFTER Christmas instead of beforehand, I likely would have delayed or cancelled it.

Especially for Ozcar? O_o
Haha, yeah what the heck? XD

I don't even remember what the hell we were talking about there. o_O

Stuff...
I was amazed that no-one had got 100ยด000 posts when I joined the NG BBS. But it will cool when someone gets it. =)

Amazed? Dude, that's one of those things you're THANKFUL no one on a forum has when you arrive at it... not one of those things you're amazed that no one has. #;-}>

At 1/7/06 12:53 PM, -absentminded- wrote: I noticed that when denvish updated the b/p list, he found a whole lot of the missing gaps. Two of which, have over 10000 blams. So, just checking in if you don't have DrJam or a very recent sign up date user, addictedtong. And I'm guessing you have all of these people as well.

Thank you very much for the mucho-helpful assistance, abs. The 1x10k section would have had just 2 users instead of 6 had you not posted when you did. And though it did add another hour of me checking stuff from that webpage you linked to the time I spent on the update, it will be well worth it for the sake of future accuracy.

:::salutes:::

END CATCHUP.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 04:21:40

At 1/8/06 03:53 AM, BonusStageUnlocked wrote: Har har, HORRAY, i got more points because I decided I may as well start b/sing and I've gotten like a holy shit load today :D.

Well congrats for you.

I haven't gotten a single b/p (for gfoxclock, of course) in like 5 days.

Congrats for ME, too. #;-}>

Thing is if i wanted i could've beaten 1000, why? Well I've posted 750+ times this year, only about 300 on my main though ;o.

BUT YOU DIDN'T SO... yeah. #;-}>

Put up or shut up, man. If you wanna slap the people currently dominating the gold-silver-bronze medal competition, then you best actually GET some of 'em instead of just talking about how you COULD get some of 'em. PFft. #;-}>

And yeah, stop posting more with your alt(s) than your main account. That kind of insanity costs your pentalist performance. Big time.

Not just the gain game but also the rankchanging game and most importantly of all... the overall total game. You're handicapping yourself in the all-time pentalist statsness FOREVER... without good reason. It makes me sad. Sad sad sad.

Or not. It means I have more time till you pass me here. What the hell am I thinking. KEEP POSTING WITH YOUR LAME ASS ALTS, by all means! #;-}>

At 1/8/06 03:54 AM, -Gooch- wrote: Well, I finally did it. I didn't know when I was going to do it, but I finally got to be triplelisted. I knew it was going to be sometime this year, I just didn't know when. ;P

You just didn't know when? Come on, man. Either you're talking about how you didn't know when back in July... or you're full of it tonight, because we were talking in December about whether you'd hit 10k posts before 2006, remember? And once you decided you probably wouldn't make it till early January... well, that was kinda pinpointing when you were gonna be 3x10k as well, eh? Heh. #;-}>

But yeah, my fellow moderator Newgrundling made it on at the same time as me, just in a different category, eh? Awesome stuff. Congratulations to him.

<not-really-a-joke>You're a mod?</nraj>

Um... congrats on your janitorhood, then!

I stopped paying attention to new moddings months ago, sadly. I used to have a list of all the mods and what # they were and when they were modded. I gave it up shortly after Mr_James became mod #38 or whatever it was.

And no, if you'd read the notes carefully, and looked at the triplelisted... list... you would see that you and NGling made it to 3x10k with the exact same stats (or category or whatever you wanna call it): B/P/posts. You both got blams first, it's just that you hit saves and THEN posts and he hit posts and then saves. Same thing in the end, just a slightly different order, 'tisall.

Nice update as always, gfox. Take it a bit easy on that beer, man. If you're going to get drunk, at least email me some of that beer. ;P

Eh. It's surplus from last weekend's NYE/NYD celebrationings.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 04:41:20

At 1/8/06 04:21 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Well congrats for you.

<3

I haven't gotten a single b/p (for gfoxclock, of course) in like 5 days.

You sly ... FOX ;o

Congrats for ME, too. #;-}>

INDEED HIZZLE SHIZZLE

BUT YOU DIDN'T SO... yeah. #;-}>

AW WELL FUCK :(

Put up or shut up, man. If you wanna slap the people currently dominating the gold-silver-bronze medal competition, then you best actually GET some of 'em instead of just talking about how you COULD get some of 'em. PFft. #;-}>

I could whoop them punk ass bitches if i wanted to :'( THEY JUST AINT WURF MI TIEM

And yeah, stop posting more with your alt(s) than your main account. That kind of insanity costs your pentalist performance. Big time.

But it keeps my main's ppd down ;o

Not just the gain game but also the rankchanging game and most importantly of all... the overall total game. You're handicapping yourself in the all-time pentalist statsness FOREVER... without good reason. It makes me sad. Sad sad sad.

OMFG, HOW COULD I DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or not. It means I have more time till you pass me here. What the hell am I thinking. KEEP POSTING WITH YOUR LAME ASS ALTS, by all means! #;-}>

hey wtf :'(

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2006-01-08 04:49:47

At 1/8/06 03:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Web Pentalist Mark XLVIII is uploaded and available.

Good update gfox. Nice to see myself going past jon and FIG. Now, in around two weeks time, I should overtake PimpMaster.

At 1/8/06 04:13 AM, gfoxcook wrote: OH NOE, SCHOOOOOL. THE PLACE WHERE YOU DON'T GET PAID BUT STILL MUST WORK. ;_;

Yes, evil, but at least I'll be going to college in September.

PERHAPS. Just so long as they don't take away my precious level 24 and level 25 icons which I would like to get to soone ror later. But certainly SOMETIME. So it better not be never. That's all I be sayin'. o_o

I'm sure level 24 and 25 will stay. Some weapon like level 23 I think could go sometime.

He's got 2000+ blams and 1 save.

I know and I think that's great! :D

That's not the "best" (I'd call him in the running for the WORST blam to save ratio ever, personally), though. There are plenty of people with 1 or 2 or 3 blams. Whatever... and 0 saves.

Yeah, but with 2000 blams and 1 save. That is very good.

Those evil evil bastards.

You should let them know how evil they are. XD

Uhhh... more like 360 degrees in a circle.

Yeah, that.

All other 360s (X-Box 360, Anderson Cooper 360, any mention of 360 with regards to skateboarding, of course, etc. etc. etc.) are basically named all because of 360 degrees.

*waits for Andersson to comment on that post*

36 = teh coolness. I keep telling you people this. Never doubt the importance of 36.

Yes, I know how cool 36 is to you.

Wade was talking about new levels 18 months ago. I'll believes it when I sees it.

Okay, did you see that level 31 glitch? That and Wade mentioning about the levels a few times I certainly think there'll be new levels. However, I think the PM will come first (damn, when will the damn PM be ready for NG users to use).