00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Troggie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

539,781 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-21 06:44:38

At 5/20/20 06:33 PM, Fro wrote: Thanks for the update!

👍

I doubt I'll ever get the review stat up there, but who knows. I have reviewed 1 or 2 submissions every week. As long as newgrounds is still around and kicking I'll get them up there someway, somehow.

It seemed like it'd been a bit more than that since the last one, was thinking maybe I needed to start rushing a bit more with my next one... that's reassuring though. Just grindin' on then. Slow but steady.

There is some kind of pride knowing that I'm one of only 5 who've done so.

Yeah it's definitely a feat! Honestly didn't realize you were up at 4K already, thought you'd just be jumping up to that. Pentalist status is something else...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-21 06:49:27

At 5/20/20 07:03 PM, ThePhenomenon wrote: Surprise! Thanks for the update and previous work.

Woah! Hey!

I'm next with the same thing. It should take 3 months to show up on the list. I think the rate is around 10 blams a day (I only started getting blams seriously around the beginning of the month, so comparing the increase to the previous update is no good).

That's a pretty serious amount per day! Noticed I'm getting around a hundred per month myself, which is way higher than usual, but still less than half of that... finna have to get a bit more selective. Or check in more often if I'm missing the most short-lived ones now.

On the list's own page, the user Simon is wrongly linked to http://hexalist.ngpot.com/speed%20up%20firefox instead of their profile.

Oooh nice find, been like that for the past four updates too apparently... whoops! Fixed. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-21 12:01:12

At 5/21/20 08:13 AM, NekoMika wrote: Seems I did not move at all, not bad though, will reach the top 60 eventually.

Yeah you're real close now. :) Rank up guaranteed at least on the next one.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-21 18:19:52

Thanks for the update Cyber. Sadly probably going to be my last status jump ever. I don't think ihave the stamina for 10k reviews or medals, and my forum posts are limited enough i'm still catching up for all those deleted when i wasn't around. Who knows though, maybe one day!

At 5/21/20 06:19 PM, bifgis wrote: Thanks for the update Cyber. Sadly probably going to be my last status jump ever. I don't think ihave the stamina for 10k reviews or medals, and my forum posts are limited enough i'm still catching up for all those deleted when i wasn't around. Who knows though, maybe one day!

Nooo you're just getting started now! ;) If you just stick around all of those might just add up eventually... does seem like it'd be a while though.

Either way ex10K's not bad. Can climb pretty high with just those too.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-25 18:33:45

Because of the potential interest, here's some information on blams presently, as this way it gets noted down here how they were going at this point in time. Although the obituaries are very important, they don't work well for these stats: each of the many days to be checked has to be manually added up and a lot of work is needed to exclude from the count all of the submissions that moderators send to the obituaries everyday already past judgement and submitted at any point in time, as those don't award blam points.

Thanks to NG Logs, I was able to check how many blams I earned in the last 30 days: 324 blams at an average of 10.8 per day (definitely with some margin of error for the precise end and start points). My gain in blams that the next hexalist update #61 will show will be almost the same thing as this, but, this way, I can post these stats some 25 days sooner. I normally miss a couple of blams everyday, as they happen overnight. To know how many, I checked out the unvisited links on the obituaries, excluding the submissions that moderators blammed. Unnecessarily, here's the amount of blams that I missed each day: 2, 6, 0, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 0, 8, 2, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 6. Basically, totaling 63, it's consistently 0, 1 or 2 misses. In the oldest days, there are a few higher figures because I wasn't yet fully dedicated and there's a day with 3 that should have likely been 1, as I wasn't able to patrol for some time. Besides that, there's only a 6 and an 8 on the last two weekends, which is curious. By accounting for these missed blams, the actual numbers for this last month are: 387 blams at an average of 12.9 per day (with some margin of error for the precise end and start points).

Overall, Fridays and Saturdays seem to have few blams. I don't think that blams need to be attended too quickly, except verges of death when waking up. If moderators unpublish or remove under judgement submissions instead of blamming them there are less points around, and it could have to do with the moderator's preference. Subscribe to the Elite Guard Barracks topic for submission reports, although it seems that none are getting blammed. If you change the vote on a submission (which is a modern possibility), it seems that it's not accounted for.

At 5/25/20 06:33 PM, ThePhenomenon wrote: Although the obituaries are very important, they don't work well for these stats: each of the many days to be checked has to be manually added up and a lot of work is needed to exclude from the count all of the submissions that moderators send to the obituaries everyday already past judgement and submitted at any point in time, as those don't award blam points.

Indeed, going back in time to find statistics solely via the Obituaries in particular is just impossible, the numbers of submissions deleted per day grows exponentially the further back you go not only because the activity differed but also because a lot of copyright-infringing work's continually taken down from said time, or for other reasons, users tiring of old content etc. May be they're a bit more reliable in recent years though.

Thanks to NG Logs, I was able to check how many blams I earned in the last 30 days: 324 blams at an average of 10.8 per day (definitely with some margin of error for the precise end and start points). My gain in blams that the next hexalist update #61 will show will be almost the same thing as this, but, this way, I can post these stats some 25 days sooner. I normally miss a couple of blams everyday, as they happen overnight. To know how many, I checked out the unvisited links on the obituaries, excluding the submissions that moderators blammed. Unnecessarily, here's the amount of blams that I missed each day: 2, 6, 0, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 0, 8, 2, 0, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 4, 6. Basically, totaling 63, it's consistently 0, 1 or 2 misses. In the oldest days, there are a few higher figures because I wasn't yet fully dedicated and there's a day with 3 that should have likely been 1, as I wasn't able to patrol for some time. Besides that, there's only a 6 and an 8 on the last two weekends, which is curious. By accounting for these missed blams, the actual numbers for this last month are: 387 blams at an average of 12.9 per day (with some margin of error for the precise end and start points).

Interesting numbers. Regarding weekends, I believe as users in general are more active during different hours of the day you simply miss a larger amount of submissions than on regular weekdays. Maybe a combination of submission counts also being higher overall... I have no numbers but do know I miss a lot more UJ votes on weekends specifically. Maybe just my timezone though.

Overall, Fridays and Saturdays seem to have few blams. I don't think that blams need to be attended too quickly, except verges of death when waking up. If moderators unpublish or remove under judgement submissions instead of blamming them there are less points around, and it could have to do with the moderator's preference. Subscribe to the Elite Guard Barracks topic for submission reports, although it seems that none are getting blammed. If you change the vote on a submission (which is a modern possibility), it seems that it's not accounted for.

Wait, so if you vote high first, and then change it to zero, you won't get a blam point for that submission...? If so I really need to change my approach a bit.... assumed the latest vote would be the one that's counted...

Interesting research Phenomenon.

BBS Signature

At 5/26/20 10:47 AM, NekoMika wrote: I sure hope so, this pandemic has given some people more free time while others are finding themselves having to work far longer hours. That being said, trying to get back into reviewing almost everyday when I can, forgot how relaxing that can be.

Yeah I'm in the latter category myself. You too? Working from home though so at least saving a bit of time on commuting.

If you can make it pressureless it's an awesome routine indeed. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-27 03:11:09

At 5/26/20 09:55 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Wait, so if you vote high first, and then change it to zero, you won't get a blam point for that submission...? If so I really need to change my approach a bit.... assumed the latest vote would be the one that's counted...

It took all this long, but I tried it out again to confirm it. Since I abstain from saves, I can easily tell if I get a save point. I voted 0 by mistake (with a thumbnail like that...) and then changed it to a positive rating. No protection save point was awarded one day later when the submission passed judgement. The other way around (saving and changing to blamming) I never tried.

This Sunday was the third one with a lot of blams, setting up a potential new pattern, where Fridays and Saturdays have little blams, but Sundays have the most of all days.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-27 04:19:45

At 5/27/20 03:11 AM, ThePhenomenon wrote:
At 5/26/20 09:55 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Wait, so if you vote high first, and then change it to zero, you won't get a blam point for that submission...? If so I really need to change my approach a bit.... assumed the latest vote would be the one that's counted...
It took all this long, but I tried it out again to confirm it. Since I abstain from saves, I can easily tell if I get a save point. I voted 0 by mistake (with a thumbnail like that...) and then changed it to a positive rating. No protection save point was awarded one day later when the submission passed judgement.

This explains so much. My third eye has sprung open.

At 5/27/20 04:19 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/27/20 03:11 AM, ThePhenomenon wrote: It took all this long, but I tried it out again to confirm it. Since I abstain from saves, I can easily tell if I get a save point. I voted 0 by mistake (with a thumbnail like that...) and then changed it to a positive rating. No protection save point was awarded one day later when the submission passed judgement.
This explains so much. My third eye has sprung open.

Same here. Best really stick to your initial commitments hmm, as you can change your votes I don't always bother making a full assessment before the rating either, it's easy to adjust a moment later. If something happens to move to the verge of death that you voted higher on you'd best vote even higher so it makes it no matter what to get those points now too, as the potential blam point would at that point already be forsaken... I won't be doing that anyway, but it'd be the most profitable way to farm B/P then.

I don't see this system really being to the benefit of the system. :/ Especially if people don't know it works like this, as I'd assume most people don't. The potential countermeasure to whatever voting abuse being able to change your decisive vote might give rise to, that this might be meant to counter, is then moot anyway. Then again maybe this isn't the way it's intended to work.

This Sunday was the third one with a lot of blams, setting up a potential new pattern, where Fridays and Saturdays have little blams, but Sundays have the most of all days.

Interesting...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-28 09:11:03

At 5/27/20 06:09 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I don't see this system really being to the benefit of the system. :/ Especially if people don't know it works like this, as I'd assume most people don't. The potential countermeasure to whatever voting abuse being able to change your decisive vote might give rise to, that this might be meant to counter, is then moot anyway. Then again maybe this isn't the way it's intended to work.

Maybe... just perhaps... consider this for a moment... the system was not set up to "farm" blam/protect points? Maybe you're meant to vote fairly on submissions?

Just a thought.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-05-28 09:54:57

At 5/28/20 09:11 AM, GUTHRIE wrote: Maybe... just perhaps... consider this for a moment... the system was not set up to "farm" blam/protect points? Maybe you're meant to vote fairly on submissions?

Just a thought.

Right, but if you do vote fairly shouldn't you be rewarded for it? Not need to think of alternative voting tactics for optimal reward? Feels like they might just not have considered the act of changing your vote to be all that common an action. Or indeed to be common more for the wrong reasons...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-20 18:57:50

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #61 (6/20/2020)

Just a quick one before summer now. Congrats @Robman275 on jumping onto the list with 10K Saves!

Enjoy the stats, and the sunshine! Have a fun time! Don't feel bad, even as we battle this ghastly covid fad. Have a good one y'all.

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 3370 Cyberdevil

2. 2750 KaizoMartin

3. 2716 DoctorStrongbad

4. 2679 Sobolev

5. 2578 Blitz-Mage

(Biggest Loser): ViceFullbuster -103

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

01. 51 Cyberdevil

02. 48 DoctorStrongbad

03. 22 fixit

04. 18 TTRM

05. 18 GUTHRIE

06. 13 KaizoMartin +1

07. 12 VJF -1

08. 9 StatKing

09. 8 Glamdrung

10. 8 classroomdj

11. 8 XwaynecoltX

12. 6 MatthewF

13. 6 SFS1313

14. 5 Idiot-Finder

15. 5 Tribal

16. 5 MessiaH

17. 5 LIBPUCKCHICK

18. 4 gamejunkie

19. 3 EventHorizon

20. 3 Dev

21. 3 AfroUnderscoreStud

22. 3 Pokemonpoeguygcn

23. 3 Peregrinus

24. 3 Revenger44

25. 2 sushi13

26. 2 byteslinger

27. 2 Shantom

28. 2 Viper

29. 2 classroomdj

30. 2 Sobolev +12

31. 1 LiquidFire -1

32. 1 ViceFullbuster -1

33. 1 queenofbabes -1

34. 1 Asandir -1

35. 1 Alexil -1

36. 1 greatguy92 -1

37. 1 MegaGold -1

38. 1 Gooch -1

39. 1 Pyro-911 -1

40. 1 yeahha -1

41. 1 Bobogoobo -1

42. 1 WaffleCrisp -1

43. 1 OneThousandMeeps

44. 1 Punisher

45. 1 Blitz-Mage NEW!

BBS Signature

At 6/20/20 06:57 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #61 (6/20/2020)

Just a quick one before summer now. Congrats @Robman275 on jumping onto the list with 10K Saves!

Enjoy the stats, and the sunshine! Have a fun time! Don't feel bad, even as we battle this ghastly covid fad. Have a good one y'all.

Aww thanks for the shout out! Having to be at home because of Covid has given me more time to discover new content than I've had in years! Silver linings eh?

Wonder if they'll ever do B-P points for the Art portal? I'd be all over that!

My life feels like an edgy shitpost that got ratioed years before those words even existed.

At 6/20/20 07:17 PM, Robman275 wrote: Aww thanks for the shout out! Having to be at home because of Covid has given me more time to discover new content than I've had in years! Silver linings eh?

Sure thing. :) Seems like time flies faster than ever lately, but at the same time certain quantities are suddenly freed up indeed, no travel, not the same selection of peripheral tasks... best use that spare time as good as possible! On NG, o'course!

Wonder if they'll ever do B-P points for the Art portal? I'd be all over that!

From what I've read it seems to be more the other way around, that they're pondering using the scouting system for the traditional portals as well... of course not everyone's so happy about seeing those B/P points disappear though so hopefully it's not a plan, just a pondering.

It's cool we can get EXP on art now at least. Much easier content to browse when you're not by a computer.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-20 21:13:26

At 6/20/20 07:46 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: From what I've read it seems to be more the other way around, that they're pondering using the scouting system for the traditional portals as well... of course not everyone's so happy about seeing those B/P points disappear though so hopefully it's not a plan, just a pondering.

Yeah I hope so too, the B/P points I think are a cornerstone of NG's legacy, something they did way before anyone else. The user ratings and content control is what gave NG it's sense of democracy and seperated it from the larger, corporate and curated sites. Artists had to make something worth watching rather than play to an algorithm. That and it made stat whores feel proud of their e-peen lol.

It's cool we can get EXP on art now at least. Much easier content to browse when you're not by a computer.

No question, that's one of the best things they ever did! It's one reason why I love art on here so much.

My life feels like an edgy shitpost that got ratioed years before those words even existed.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-21 06:10:30

At 6/20/20 09:13 PM, Robman275 wrote: Yeah I hope so too, the B/P points I think are a cornerstone of NG's legacy, something they did way before anyone else. The user ratings and content control is what gave NG it's sense of democracy and seperated it from the larger, corporate and curated sites. Artists had to make something worth watching rather than play to an algorithm. That and it made stat whores feel proud of their e-peen lol.

I think so too! And the judgment system itself, which other sites have no real equivalent of. It gives you as a user the notion that you're important too, or at least involved, being the collective gatekeepers of all content as you are. :) Scouting's similar but not as decisive. Not as real-time. Not everybody gets to see those submissions that don't make it with a system like that, so the transparency level wouldn't be the same either...

The reason they've pondered the change is that it doesn't always work as well as it should. A lot of sub-par submissions do slip through, and submissions that infringe on copyright are available to all instantly, whereas with scouting any dubious content is a bit more hidden. Hopefully it never becomes a legal battle to the point they really need to do something about it...

Anyway I agree completely. :) And gamification: hell yeah!

No question, that's one of the best things they ever did! It's one reason why I love art on here so much.

Nice. :) I'm still mostly in the Classic Portal because of the B/P, but indeed, so much good art too...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-21 18:07:20

At 6/21/20 06:10 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I think so too! And the judgment system itself, which other sites have no real equivalent of. It gives you as a user the notion that you're important too, or at least involved, being the collective gatekeepers of all content as you are. :) Scouting's similar but not as decisive. Not as real-time. Not everybody gets to see those submissions that don't make it with a system like that, so the transparency level wouldn't be the same either...

One thing that worries me is that scouting isn't available for everyone. I think the current rules on the art portal is that you yourself have had to have uploaded 4 pieces of art (please correct me if I'm wrong) in order to scout. That would effectively freeze out non artists/creators such as myself from the portal, killing off that notion that we're involved and making only a select few the gatekeers, which kind of goes against what NG was originally set up for, as well as, as you said the transparency. The alternative of letting anyone scout however isn't particularly great either as someone could just scout someone they like and let any crap through.

The reason they've pondered the change is that it doesn't always work as well as it should. A lot of sub-par submissions do slip through, and submissions that infringe on copyright are available to all instantly, whereas with scouting any dubious content is a bit more hidden. Hopefully it never becomes a legal battle to the point they really need to do something about it...

I think a simple solution to that would be some sort of AI system. Youtube is able to detect copyrighted content automatically, demonetize it and if necessary block it. Give people the right to appeal of course, no system is perfect. I don't know how much such a that would cost, I just think it would be more effective in the long haul than overhauling a system that has defined the spirit of NG and it's community. Low quality crap will always slip through, that's just a fact of a scoring system where 2 out of 5 is a pass.

I don't know. Like you I'm an old school NG member (14 years I've been on here, that's half my bloody life!) and I'm just being a boomer lol.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-22 07:54:47

At 6/21/20 06:07 PM, Robman275 wrote: One thing that worries me is that scouting isn't available for everyone. I think the current rules on the art portal is that you yourself have had to have uploaded 4 pieces of art (please correct me if I'm wrong) in order to scout. That would effectively freeze out non artists/creators such as myself from the portal, killing off that notion that we're involved and making only a select few the gatekeers, which kind of goes against what NG was originally set up for, as well as, as you said the transparency. The alternative of letting anyone scout however isn't particularly great either as someone could just scout someone they like and let any crap through.

Right, that's true too, you'll need to be scouted yourself to scout others too. Didn't think of that aspect of it. It's what keeps the system so tolerable to abuse, but indeed it's not open at all that way.

Really solid argument against this.

I think a simple solution to that would be some sort of AI system. Youtube is able to detect copyrighted content automatically, demonetize it and if necessary block it. Give people the right to appeal of course, no system is perfect. I don't know how much such a that would cost, I just think it would be more effective in the long haul than overhauling a system that has defined the spirit of NG and it's community. Low quality crap will always slip through, that's just a fact of a scoring system where 2 out of 5 is a pass.

AI might be good, but I think the reason we don't have anything like it is because it's just not an easy thing to implement. Not sure if there's a system like it you can just buy, or if it's something you build from scratch, as every site's different... maybe it's not as impossible as it seems...

Google have crazy funds though. It's why they've kept YT running all these years even when it hasn't been generating any income (they've used those losses to their advantage while negotiating business deals), and how they've been able to built their Content ID system with ties to all major record labels, that let them circumvent copyright like they do. It's why copyright issues on NG are all the more serious, when we don't have those connections and deals, and companies have larger possibilities to sue. Fortunately though not larger incentives, as NG's a smaller site after all with smaller reach. I hope...

I don't know. Like you I'm an old school NG member (14 years I've been on here, that's half my bloody life!) and I'm just being a boomer lol.

Some of the freedoms we grew up on aren't as obvious to the newbies though, best never forget how it used to be and can be again. :) Internet gets all the more restricted and commercialized by the bigger players, so I really hope there'll always be oddities like this, fighting those monopolies by actually caring about the end-user. And that we never lose our way either and become like the current giants...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-22 15:46:32

At 6/21/20 06:07 PM, Robman275 wrote: The alternative of letting anyone scout however isn't particularly great either as someone could just scout someone they like and let any crap through.

Let one imbecile with MS Paint through and he's likely to scout 20 of his friends, but I think the bigger issue for the other portals is that art and music is far easier to steal and pass off as your own work. Layman users could give stolen artwork huge praise and let it through the system, and it comes in a volume that may be harder to catch than stolen games and videos.

Limiting the scouting to actual artists, people who understand the work, theoretically makes it harder for fakery to pass by undetected.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-06-22 16:00:10

At 6/22/20 03:46 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 6/21/20 06:07 PM, Robman275 wrote: The alternative of letting anyone scout however isn't particularly great either as someone could just scout someone they like and let any crap through.
Let one imbecile with MS Paint through and he's likely to scout 20 of his friends, but I think the bigger issue for the other portals is that art and music is far easier to steal and pass off as your own work. Layman users could give stolen artwork huge praise and let it through the system, and it comes in a volume that may be harder to catch than stolen games and videos.

Another good point...

Limiting the scouting to actual artists, people who understand the work, theoretically makes it harder for fakery to pass by undetected.

But also much less open a community then, with focus on creators much more than consumers. Seems efficient but not so much according to the 'everything by everyone' mantra no more.

BBS Signature

At 6/22/20 04:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote
Seems efficient but not so much according to the 'everything by everyone' mantra no more.

How so? You're still free to make any art of your own and engage with other works whether they're scouted or not. I never took the slogan to mean everything as approved by everyone. I thought the message was more 'all creative types are welcome here.'

I will say I wish you could get your 10XP from each portal individually each day. That would definitely inspire me to engage with the other portals more often and so probably would do the same for others.

At 6/25/20 12:42 PM, Jackho wrote: How so? You're still free to make any art of your own and engage with other works whether they're scouted or not. I never took the slogan to mean everything as approved by everyone. I thought the message was more 'all creative types are welcome here.'

Mmm, it could be read that way too indeed. I read it as that everyone's involved, and an entirely scout-based system would remove a large group of consumers from said equation. Less encouraging for them to involve themselves if they don't serve as much a purpose. For artists maybe the incentive to involve themselves would be even greater, though...

I will say I wish you could get your 10XP from each portal individually each day. That would definitely inspire me to engage with the other portals more often and so probably would do the same for others.

Definitely wouldn't mind something like that either. :) Though I see how it might get tiresome for those who really don't want to partake in certain forms of content; stick to what they know.

Though who'd say no to +30 EXP/daily...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-07-01 12:43:40

At 7/1/20 12:33 PM, kittykrewfan2006 wrote:
At 11/27/03 02:57 AM, macdeth wrote:
Check it out, let me know what you think. I doubt I'll update this list, it's more of a one time thing like jon's superlong lv14 and up exp rank list or Dogma's top 50 save % and top 50 blam % lists. But who knows!
Yeah, it's a good idea. I suppose you could update it like every month or so. Updating regulary would be pointless as it would hardly change i imagine. It's a nie little list to reffer to. Cheers gfox!
I though i would never see a DeviantArt emote on NG

That post is a walloping 17 years old fam.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-08-15 10:25:47

Is it... is it... CLOCK DAY?

At 7/1/20 12:43 PM, Jackho wrote:
Check it out, let me know what you think. I doubt I'll update this list, it's more of a one time thing like jon's superlong lv14 and up exp rank list or Dogma's top 50 save % and top 50 blam % lists. But who knows!
Yeah, it's a good idea. I suppose you could update it like every month or so. Updating regulary would be pointless as it would hardly change i imagine. It's a nie little list to reffer to. Cheers gfox!

Aye... that it is.

:::replies to a post on Wi/Ht? without even having gone to Wi/Ht? or clicked a topic open first at least for the very first time::: holy crap, this notifications feed dealie... straight into replying, wow! ;D

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-08-15 10:32:29

At 5/18/20 04:57 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/17/20 09:25 PM, bifgis wrote: It's all working now for me. When I check my logs my posts go steadily down frmo when i stopped being really active though. Are threads getting deleted or expiring or something and my postcount tanks because of that? Anyone have some insight?
Nice. :)

As for the threads though, as far as I know it's just that some users occasionally delete their posts, or accounts, and when they do all the posts in any threads they started disappear too. It's possible some are removed for other reasons, can't say for certain, maybe they get takedown requests for certain post images too, but deleted user post history seems like the main reason.

Anyone who's active gets affected. :/ it sucks. Really wish we could have the system changed so that your posts remain at least on your profile, unlinked from the thread itself, no matter what happens to the OP. Last time I brought it up they didn't see the importance but shall keep pushing for it.

Since I was mostly active on NG from late 2002 to... ehhh... 2006? 2008? but really, mostly active in 2003, 2004, and 2005, I'd say... this is long past being super important to me, but a big from way in the future 2020 agree from me on that one, Cyberdevil. Was always annoying for 20, 30 posts to suddenly disappear... not just because it shrunk your own postcount, but mostly because of the history that was lost. ;_;

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-08-18 16:52:40

At 8/15/20 10:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/18/20 04:57 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 5/17/20 09:25 PM, bifgis wrote: It's all working now for me. When I check my logs my posts go steadily down frmo when i stopped being really active though. Are threads getting deleted or expiring or something and my postcount tanks because of that? Anyone have some insight?
Nice. :)

As for the threads though, as far as I know it's just that some users occasionally delete their posts, or accounts, and when they do all the posts in any threads they started disappear too. It's possible some are removed for other reasons, can't say for certain, maybe they get takedown requests for certain post images too, but deleted user post history seems like the main reason.

Anyone who's active gets affected. :/ it sucks. Really wish we could have the system changed so that your posts remain at least on your profile, unlinked from the thread itself, no matter what happens to the OP. Last time I brought it up they didn't see the importance but shall keep pushing for it.
Since I was mostly active on NG from late 2002 to... ehhh... 2006? 2008? but really, mostly active in 2003, 2004, and 2005, I'd say... this is long past being super important to me, but a big from way in the future 2020 agree from me on that one, Cyberdevil. Was always annoying for 20, 30 posts to suddenly disappear... not just because it shrunk your own postcount, but mostly because of the history that was lost. ;_;

Greg's alive, nice, hi

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-08-21 16:51:24

At 8/15/20 10:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Is it... is it... CLOCK DAY?

Aye... that it is.

replies to a post on Wi/Ht? without even having gone to Wi/Ht? or clicked a topic open first at least for the very first time::: holy crap, this notifications feed dealie... straight into replying, wow! ;D

The worst member.

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2020-08-21 16:51:47

At 8/15/20 10:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Is it... is it... CLOCK DAY?

Aye... that it is.

replies to a post on Wi/Ht? without even having gone to Wi/Ht? or clicked a topic open first at least for the very first time::: holy crap, this notifications feed dealie... straight into replying, wow! ;D

YES

The worst member.