00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GhostFerret just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Customise your main userpage!

48,380 Views | 295 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 04:06:07

heh, I didn't even notice the "edit layout" button in my profile! Though I don't see myself using it too much, it is a cool feature. I'm sure many users will make good use out of it. Good job, guys.
I'm off to mess around with it now. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 04:36:29

actually to be honest, I like the layout how it is, with the news first,then flash and audio, then favorites.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 04:42:06

Good to see there's more customization but I see nothing wrong w/the default setup.

Cuando la yuca es grande se abre la tierra!

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 04:43:57

I've been messing around with it for a bit now, and I've been having troubles getting the pods to switch when I drag/drop them. (I have a long newspost, this may have something to do with it)
It seems like it would make it a bit easier if there was an up/down arrow that you clicked when editing which would move the given pod down, or up one place at a time until you have everything placed how you want it.
Again I like the idea, though. Thanks <3

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 05:28:41

fucking sweet

hello

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 05:51:10

I thought of something like this way back when the redesign was launched, but by now I have gotten way too used to the "basic" look of the page so I'm not changing it.

Ah well, it's still a neat thing though.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 06:16:01

Great, now it's even more like Facebook!
Just kidding, thanks for the update Jim.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 07:03:08

This is cool and everything and will work for flash artists and audio artists who want to bring attention to a certain part of their page, but it just doesn't look right with the length of my blog. I guess it doesn't matter because I don't really make too many flashes and I have no audio submissions. Pretty cool, just not for everyone.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 07:03:59

oh ya? that's pretty sweet

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 07:13:16

Cool feature.

I put my news blog right in the middle, because it looks kinda cool.

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 07:29:34

Nice!

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 07:38:57

Wow, this is a great feature! Although there aren't many options to choose from, it will make user pages look more "personal".

You've been working very hard lately, there have been so many updates!
Thanks for all, keep it up!

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 08:02:31

When I left a comment on a News Post, the page scrolled to the top instead of the bottom. I'm not sure if anyone else has said this yet because I didn't read any of the posts before mine here.

Still, the customized user pages is a nice addition. I had always wondered what the "Edit User Page Layout" button in the Account was for when the site got redesigned. Somehow I was expecting more--like being able to make our own side-images like the Halloween ones that are up now--but it's still pretty cool!

~

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 08:52:31

that is definitely rage

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 09:13:54

cool, more shit not involving the art community,or an audio contest(wich would be cool!!!)

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 09:28:22

Works great! Only complaint is that there is no "Move Up/Down" button to go with them along with the drag option (I have a huge news post I normally edit instead of repost, so it took awhile XD)

I wonder what you guys will tweak next? Having A-Bot post the daily best in the audio portal? The option to feature one of your songs on your page as a suggested listen? TEXT SEARCH??????

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 09:53:36

Oh yes, I was wondering what happened to this layout thing for our userpages. I remember it being mentioned on our account pages, but didn't hear a word about it until now. Well, now it's working and I'm happy to see it. However, I'm fine with what my userpage looks right now. No need for me to change anything.

Oh, and Halloween banner is very nice. I noticed it's different to last year's Halloween banner, but that's fine. I'm just glad there was no breast cancer awareness layout like last year.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 09:53:54

Pretty cool, although I feel like some things just don't need to be moved.

Nice little upgrade none-the-less.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 10:33:31

I was wondeing how thimbles had his flash submission thing above his news post last night

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 10:54:52

Neat-o.

I actually quite like the default userpage layout, so I doubt I will be using this feature much, but I have to admit it's quite spiffy. I love dragging and sliding those boxes around.

Nice work!

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 10:55:52

That's great.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 10:56:38

Why can't I comment from the main page of a userpage anymore? The link is there... javascript:NewsPosts.GetPost(208523).Tog gleCommentWindow();... but the box does not show up.

n/a

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 11:17:49

I just have one quick question, whenever I put my "Flash Submissions" above my "News Post", everytime I refresh, it forces my "Flash Favorites" to the top. I can't move it without it saying "Error- Invalid Option" or something like that. The only fix is if I put my "Flash Submissions" back down at the bottom of the page.

Any help? PLZ.

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 11:22:35

Pretty good, especially for people who post essays in their newsposts.
I think one feature that could be considered, besides adding new sections (like Featured Submissions, ie. The ones we really want to show off), it would be nice if we could choose to keep certain segments off our main page. I know I don't particularly care for my two solitary audio submissions, so being able to hide them and keep away the clutter would be a good idea.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 11:41:05

Huzzah! That makes me very happy, but then again most front page posts do anyway.

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 11:56:36

At 10/13/08 09:50 PM, hausoft wrote: wow thats a neat idea

yep:D I totally agree:D

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 12:04:18

Not so useful... but nice i think. Would nicer if you could move all the spaces like you level, your profile picture and everything.

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 12:12:26

The feature itself is great, but too bad the profiles now look all messed up in Opera...

Customise your main userpage!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 12:28:42

Now do the same sorta thing for the frontpage :P

Response to Customise your main userpage! 2008-10-14 12:29:39

Why not make it so we can customize how we want to see other people's pages, just for our account though? Because I'm sure some people are annoyed at how everybody is putting their flash at the top.

n/a