00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poop Beep London Meet 4

54,409 Views | 1,282 Replies

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-15 12:32:25

At 9/14/08 08:48 PM, Wonchop wrote: Do you one better
http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/guess-me n-outerwear-union-jack-mock-fleece-jacke t?cp=true
Although I can't actually find where you can purchase it

Lovely! I'm gonna get it!

There are but iy links to the right of the pic

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-15 12:43:31

Being the stupid idiot I am, I fucked up my chances of going to the last one. However, I'll definatley be there for this one, hoping I don't have an exam on the Monday after. But yeah, put me down for going. I'm even 18 now so...

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-15 12:55:52

Fuck that, got AS exams in January and i'm not going to bother going until i can drink.

Stop looking

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-15 15:39:37

At 9/15/08 12:55 PM, SCUD14 wrote: i'm not going to bother going until i can drink.

That's completely the wrong attitude. :\

The meet's not about drinking with a bunch of NGers, it's about chatting with a bunch of NGers. There were a bunch of underage people around in august, and they were fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-15 20:42:26

At 9/15/08 03:39 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 9/15/08 12:55 PM, SCUD14 wrote: i'm not going to bother going until i can drink.
That's completely the wrong attitude. :\

The meet's not about drinking with a bunch of NGers, it's about chatting with a bunch of NGers. There were a bunch of underage people around in august, and they were fine.

Exactly. I'm way over 18 and probably not going to drink. Depends, really. I'm thinking I'll probably drive to the outskirts of London, park up and get the tube into central London. Comfortable seats, heating, loud music... I <3 my car. Also if there's anyone I can pick up en-route it solves transport issues for up to 4 others.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 00:32:46

Payday was today so I went ahead and just booked my airfare while prices were reasonable. I'll be in Londonistan Jan 14th-Jan19th...

I mention it because some people from the last meet said they wished they would have known people were hanging out on multiple days.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 01:04:23

I can't wait for my chance to go to London.

Lol, nice sig Bomshaw.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 06:49:31

Balls, I've got an exam on the 19th. I was really hoping I'd have nothing on over that weekend. Alas, I still might come down, we'll see how things go. Put me down as a maybe.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 07:34:40

At 9/16/08 06:49 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Balls, I've got an exam on the 19th. I was really hoping I'd have nothing on over that weekend. Alas, I still might come down, we'll see how things go. Put me down as a maybe.

Exams should come first... no reason why you can't come down during the day on the Saturday, though. Obviously a totally heavy night might be a little far-fetched, but if you did wanna stay out for the evening for drinks, you'd just have to be a bit more responsible and not get so pissed that you can't study the next day. ;P

Hope you can make it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 09:47:44

At 9/16/08 07:34 AM, NEVR wrote: Exams should come first... no reason why you can't come down during the day on the Saturday, though. Obviously a totally heavy night might be a little far-fetched, but if you did wanna stay out for the evening for drinks, you'd just have to be a bit more responsible and not get so pissed that you can't study the next day. ;P

Hope you can make it out.

Yeah, it's more than possible to do saturday, then head back home first thing sunday morning, sleep on the train/bus, and then revise the rest of sunday.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 09:47:57

At 9/12/08 04:17 PM, Luis wrote: (someone in a Canada meet showed up without enough money to get home and I had to foot the bill cause im too nice. Grrrr.)

Umm, wtf? I've never even went out of a city without money or at least a way to get home, and he went to a whole different continent? Wow, your really a good guy. Had to spend at least 2 or 3 hundred.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 10:09:29

At 9/16/08 09:47 AM, kidray76 wrote: Umm, wtf? I've never even went out of a city without money or at least a way to get home, and he went to a whole different continent? Wow, your really a good guy. Had to spend at least 2 or 3 hundred.

I guess people get drunk and lose any concept of how much money they're spending... then by the end of the night they realise that they've spent all the money that they needed to get home. I've had friends who have done that once or twice, but luckily for them I was driving rather than drinking, so I offered them a lift home.

Still, I always make sure I have a way of getting back home. Never go anywhere without knowing what I'm doing afterwards and how much money I need to get back. Getting stranded is shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 10:28:30

At 9/16/08 10:09 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 9/16/08 09:47 AM, kidray76 wrote:
I guess people get drunk and lose any concept of how much money they're spending... then by the end of the night they realise that they've spent all the money that they needed to get home. I've had friends who have done that once or twice, but luckily for them I was driving rather than drinking, so I offered them a lift home.

Yeah, I guess we're just logical guys like that. Just interesting story and worthing mentioning. I wonder if he payed Luis back.

Still, I always make sure I have a way of getting back home. Never go anywhere without knowing what I'm doing afterwards and how much money I need to get back. Getting stranded is shit.

lol. Yeah, so guys, BUY a round ticket. So at least your guaranteed to a way back if you shit everything away :)

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 10:31:03

I'm definetely trying to get there this time, if not...
I gotta wait till the next one, bummer. :C

When would that one be then?
Summer would be perfect.

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 11:11:16

At 9/16/08 10:31 AM, Shadowii2 wrote: Summer would be perfect.

Luis said they are going to be January from now on.

I'm not drinking at anymore meets.

And i can't wait till the meet!

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 11:50:01

At 9/16/08 11:39 AM, Tramps wrote: For all you bloody know it could be a paedophile ring wanting to lure young boys into a flat. You must be joking.

This is generally why the 18+ crowd are likely to have the best time -- don't have to worry about over-protective parents being silly. I've spoken to several people who say that their parents don't even know that they go on NG, which surely just makes it worse when they say "Imma go meet people from the internet".

Good luck convincing your mum.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 11:52:47

So I may even be making an appearance this time round. Just need money now :P

Tickets from Dublin to London return + spending money. EXPENSIVE :(

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 11:54:59

Tramps, I've just never told my parents about anything like this ever.

That's the easiest option.

Or explain to her that if it were a paedophile ring, then they'd probably prey on 10-year-olds rather than 15-year-olds

Note: She may not appreciate the second option too well.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:00:37

At 9/16/08 10:28 AM, kidray76 wrote: Yeah, I guess we're just logical guys like that. Just interesting story and worthing mentioning. I wonder if he payed Luis back.

Well he was actually living in canada so it wasnt something unreasonable to pay for it.. i think it was like 40 dollars... he paid me back a year later in his defense.

But yeah it is a good lesson in self control. I think BBM said it best earlier in this page when he mentioned that the meet is not about getting plastered.. its about mingling / complaining to your beloved mods why you were unfairly banned... and complaining to tom why picos school 2 isnt out yet.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:06:51

At 9/16/08 11:59 AM, Tramps wrote: I can still get liljim to speak to her, which he so kindly offered to do since he's deciding to drive me there for 5 hours. Nice guy, eh.

Man if your mom is that hardcore about you not going then you probably shouldnt go.. err not throw that person from Canada back into the fire pit but he also had no cell phone and he gave his dad my number so he'd like be calling my ass every 10 mins to talk to him and to question me, which is super annoying... cause I wasnt on a payroll to babysit anyone's kid. I'm on vacation just like anyone else, it shouldnt be a burden on anyone (not even your parents) to go through this. If you gotta pull some mission impossible type of shit, id say just wait till youre older. The reason I make the meet open to anyone is because some users who've gone in the past lived nearby and even tho they were under 18 they came out to Namco and then went home. Obviously there is problems with that gameplan if you are trying to go 14214 miles. You just gotta be realistic about stuff.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:18:52

At 9/16/08 12:12 PM, Britkid wrote: But yes, why are you doing it in January?

August seems a much more logical option, as both sides of the Atlantic people will be on holiday from school or uni, it's so much warmer! (England in winter is cold, think Arctic but no cool stuff like polar bears or SNOW). That's the big one for me. It's much easier to get a party atmosphere going if people don't have to pack on three layers every time they go outside. Part of the attraction from your photographs was the ability to hang around outside, along the river.

Well August is super expensive, and it clashes with alot of other events.. also Jan made it the most likely in regards to Tom finally being able to show up.

This year we had one in January and August so its not totally out of the question i suppose.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:25:28

I'd love to come and meet some NG lovers.

A lot of it does look geared towards the older members, I'm 17 and living in Newcastle so I could make it however I have my A level exams in January and I'll be buying a car in about a month so I will have fuck all money for a long time. :\

Oh and plus I'm fairly new to NG so I don't actually have ANY friends. *cries*

Next year will be fine on account of me taking a gap year off. ;0

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:43:07

The chances of me going have just risen from 90% to 99%, as i secured myself a jon today, start on friday.
Domino's Pizza!! :D
Meaning ill have money to go, and if i go Shanus is defo going because we will sahre a flight, and he lies when he says plane tickets from Dublin to London are expensive, they cost like 20quid if you book a month in advance in Ryan Air. :P

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:44:53

At 9/16/08 12:18 PM, Luis wrote: This year we had one in January and August so its not totally out of the question i suppose.

If there's another one in August, I'd be up for it :)

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 12:58:36

At 9/16/08 12:44 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 9/16/08 12:18 PM, Luis wrote: This year we had one in January and August so its not totally out of the question i suppose.

Me too. :I

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 13:03:27

At 9/16/08 12:44 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:

yea Im tempted. We shall see.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 18:13:00

At 9/16/08 12:12 PM, Britkid wrote: But yes, why are you doing it in January?

August seems a much more logical option, as both sides of the Atlantic people will be on holiday from school or uni, it's so much warmer! (England in winter is cold, think Arctic but no cool stuff like polar bears or SNOW).

There's quite an exaggeration on the temperature of London in January... our winters have been really mild the last few years. Sure, it's cold, and we'll all be wearing coats/hats/gloves, but it could be MUCH worse. London, even in winter, is often warmer than the rest of the UK because of the buildings and sheer volume of people.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 18:25:26

If I go I'd like to stay over for several days, but I'm not sure how you work that out. I'll talk to you closer to the time about shiz like that, liek I say I'm not DEFINITELY going - price seems to be around £100 return >.< Although I got a rail card so it'd be about £60-70.. then about £100 spending money :o

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 19:18:12

At 9/16/08 06:25 PM, liaaaam wrote: If I go I'd like to stay over for several days, but I'm not sure how you work that out. I'll talk to you closer to the time about shiz like that

Yeah do talk to me later about it. I havent looked into my own accomidations yet but i usually will just rent a large flat and if your comfortable sleeping on a vacant bed / floor or inside a closet youre welcome to.. lmao.

No but on a serious note, I can accomidate a very limited amount of people. Too early to discuss that though.

Poop Beep London Meet 4

None

BBS Signature

Response to Poop Beep London Meet 4 2008-09-16 19:23:28

At 9/16/08 07:18 PM, Luis wrote:
No but on a serious note, I can accomidate a very limited amount of people. Too early to discuss that though.

Id be happy sleeping in a bath, or on the floor in the corner, i take up very little space. :)

BBS Signature