00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GameCube Club

215,730 Views | 7,148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-13 21:17:15

At 1/13/05 07:49 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Regarding my fan fic, I recently posted it on fanfiction.com.

Wow. You actually completed this idea of yours I am impressed. Do I smell Lemon??

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-13 21:23:17

Hey gcc.

A few things..

Anyone play / get RE4 yet? I am renting it tomorrow, then I will probably buy it.

I just started playing Ocarina of Time over and I forgot how unbelievably amazing it was. Before I knew it, I was half way through that, Goldeneye, Majoras Mask, and Perfect Dark. I suggest you go back to some of the classics you have in the bottom of your closet. Even though the technology is outdated, the fun isn't.

BBS Signature

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-13 23:06:39

At 1/13/05 09:17 PM, Metal-Chuy wrote: Wow. You actually completed this idea of yours I am impressed. Do I smell Lemon??

It's not done, but the progress is quite large. I believe you smell correctly somewhat, however.

At 1/13/05 09:23 PM, -Noir wrote: Anyone play / get RE4 yet? I am renting it tomorrow, then I will probably buy it.

Not me, but I highly reccomend it anyway. It is supposed to be better than all of the games that came out in 2004, I think.

I just started playing Ocarina of Time over and I forgot how unbelievably amazing it was.

Maybe you might want to consiter my fan fic?

Before I knew it, I was half way through that, Goldeneye, Majoras Mask, and Perfect Dark.

All classics, definately.

I suggest you go back to some of the classics you have in the bottom of your closet. Even though the technology is outdated, the fun isn't.

Actually, that is routine for me. There is rarely a speck of dust on the old N64, and I intend to keep it that way.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-14 03:12:43

At 1/13/05 02:43 PM, Metal-Chuy wrote: Yeah, not even the red potion was enough for me to survive on those levels. And the second quest was close to impossible to solve. I mean invisible holes on the walls? I got stuck playing the second quest because I could not find the temple! At that point I used THE INTERNET to help me.

Wait, weren't the bombable walls invisible to begin with?

Oh, I also have a question. What game do you think has the best sound? My vote would go for Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike. The sound is so clear you could almost feel you are IN the game.

Yeah, the sounds are incredibly close to the actual movie's sounds.
I myself don't really have a favorite game when it comes to sounds, because I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to it.
I like Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(so basically RPGs in general) for great music, though.

At 1/13/05 03:56 PM, blam_it wrote: gamecube sucks its for little kids, end of story

Yet each one of us is more mature than you, or any of the other people that have flamed this club because of that point.
I have no objections against a discussion, but at least try and bring up some valid arguments.

At 1/13/05 04:59 PM, -Gooch- wrote: Anywho, I've been playing a lot of Mario Party 5 and Pikmin 2 lately. They are definitely some cool games that I would recommend you to play if you haven't done so already. That, and of course Alien Hominid.

Has Tom Fulp even announced a release date for Europe yet? I'd love to play the console version.

At 1/13/05 07:49 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Well, after about four of five days, I'm bloody back. The first three days I was banned, and the other one or two I was simply busy.

Glad to have you back!

Regarding my fan fic, I recently posted it on fanfiction.com. If any of you are interested in reading it, you can check how the story is progressing (it is still a work in progress) by simply clicking here.
Looking forward to some good reviews!

I'll read it later today, the first bit was great.
It's definitely better than my fanfiction that's somewhere within the depths of that site :/

At 1/13/05 09:23 PM, -Noir wrote: Hey gcc.

A few things..

Anyone play / get RE4 yet? I am renting it tomorrow, then I will probably buy it.

Not out here yet.
Rub it in some more, why don't you :(

I just started playing Ocarina of Time over and I forgot how unbelievably amazing it was. Before I knew it, I was half way through that, Goldeneye, Majoras Mask, and Perfect Dark. I suggest you go back to some of the classics you have in the bottom of your closet. Even though the technology is outdated, the fun isn't.

I couldn't agree more.

Anyways, it seems that my virus scanner managed to defeat the virus after all, so there's no need to take my computer over to the store. Hooray!

And I also got a new issue of NGC yesterday, with some nice Gamecube stickers included. I already used the one for the black circle , but the other ones don't look all that interesting.
So, did anyone else ever modify their Gamecube's appearance(if slightly)?

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-14 12:08:38

We are more mature then the PS2 Crew. Even after all this time has past. I wish the DCPS was still here. If it was then I would be requierd to turn and ignore. They'er gone though and nothing can chang that. With all of the bad thats happend I'm having troble seeing the good. Someday I'll lose sight of the good. The good is leaving this puthetic rock or atleast the aria around me. What am I saying? You guys dont want to hear this. You want to hear that I'm going to my cousins house after school today and playing MP2E. That will be cool. Do you wish that I don't talk about the DCPS anymore? If you do I can stop. Its jest that I want it remembered but if you don't want to hear it then I don't want to have it be remembered as an anoience. Jest say the word.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-14 18:12:45

At 1/12/05 08:30 AM, -Majin-the-fox- wrote: i just counted out that i have 54 OFICIAL and WORKING games in my room, but that is counting PSX and PS2.

Check out mine:

N64
-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kary 64
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-NBA Courtside
-Diddy Kong Racing
-Pokemon Stadium
-Pokemon Snap
-TLoZ: Ocarina of Time
-TLoZ: Majora's Mask
-Cruis'n USA
-Yoshi's Island
-Donkey Kong 64

Gamecube
-Super Monkey Ball 2
-Enter The Matrix
-Soul Caliber 2
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
-Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
-TLoZ: Wind Waker
-Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rouge Squadron III
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Pokemon Colosseum
-Viewtiful joe
-Alien Hominid
-Beyond Good and Evil
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
-Tony Hawk's Underground
-NFL Street 2
-Wario World
-Pikmin
-Pikmin 2
-NFSU
-NFSU 2
-Spiderman 2
-Mario Tennis
-Tale of Symphonia
-Paper Mario
-Prince of Persia

PS2, Xbox:
I have no idea how many PS2 and Xbox games we have, but I see atleast 20 of them in my house, and my brother has 40-50 of them in his apartment (he's a college student). So I guess we have 70-80 PS2/Xbox games in total.

PC:
I have every game. Seriously, every game. I don't keep 360GB of hard drive space just for fun you know. =D

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-15 06:14:40

At 1/14/05 06:12 PM, Swive wrote: Check out mine:

I. Hate. You.

I'm gonna buy advance wars for the GBA today, I reckon....

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-15 11:28:53

At 1/14/05 12:08 PM, DarknessRules wrote: Jest say the word.

Yeah, it might be better if you stopped talking about the DCPC. I mean, it was a good club, but it's unrelated, really.

At 1/14/05 06:12 PM, Swive wrote: HUGE HUGE LIST

Wow. Just wow.

At 1/15/05 06:14 AM, Hypocrite wrote: I'm gonna buy advance wars for the GBA today, I reckon....

I loved that game. I pefer Fire Emblem, though, but there isn't really that much of a difference, except for the look and story.

Also, if anyone likes Donkey Konga, you should play this. Too bad there's only 2 songs.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-15 13:55:06

At 1/15/05 11:28 AM, -Mazza- wrote: Also, if anyone likes Donkey Konga, you should play this. Too bad there's only 2 songs.

Never played Donkey Konga, but I've played DDR, and that wins.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-16 10:25:52

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is effing great. It's awesome, love playing it. If you're into FPS like me, you'll love this game. :D

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-16 12:11:02

cani be in the game cube club please say yes i am the biggest fan of zelda and mario

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-16 15:13:23

At 1/15/05 01:55 PM, Hypocrite wrote: Never played Donkey Konga, but I've played DDR, and that wins.

Meh, not a whole lot of difference, really. Except you play one with your feet and one with your hands.

At 1/16/05 10:25 AM, -StimulatedHigh- wrote: GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is effing great. It's awesome, love playing it. If you're into FPS like me, you'll love this game. :D

Meh, it doesn't look all that interesting to me. And I've read nothing but negative reviews about it.

At 1/16/05 12:11 PM, schollboy wrote: cani be in the game cube club please say yes i am the biggest fan of zelda and mario

Of course, welcome. Just try to post regularly.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-16 22:17:04

At 1/13/05 09:23 PM, -Noir wrote: Hey gcc.

A few things..

I got that game!!! IT OWNS!! I'm pLaying it right now. Hence my short post. Laters.

Also The LOZ minish cap is pretty cool.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 00:38:49

I just want to get my hands on Resident Evil 4, but I cannot because I have to fix some damages to my computer. I was excited, but now I am pretty upset. Can someone feel my pain?

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 11:36:45

At 1/17/05 09:53 AM, ThreeStar wrote: Is it? Judging by Nintendo's latest nacho-cheesy Zelda spurt, I would have thought it would be a little lame...

It's pretty good, but I played windwaker, and got really annoyed, as I always put sword to A on minish cap, as opposed to B on wind waker. I kept on rolling around people instead of attacking them.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 15:56:58

At 1/17/05 12:29 PM, ThreeStar wrote: Haha, yeah. I'm usually the one that gets the X and Y buttons mixed up and ends up throwing some good item away instead of using the hookshot.

I played Ocarina Of Time on the GameCube after playing WindWaker for a month or so, and wasted all my deku sticks by trying to use the C-stick to change my viewpoint. >: (

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 16:07:29

At 1/16/05 10:17 PM, Metal-Chuy wrote: I got that game!!! IT OWNS!! I'm pLaying it right now. Hence my short post. Laters.

*Jealousy*

At 1/17/05 12:38 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: I just want to get my hands on Resident Evil 4, but I cannot because I have to fix some damages to my computer. I was excited, but now I am pretty upset. Can someone feel my pain?

Yeah. Let's be brothers.

At 1/17/05 09:53 AM, ThreeStar wrote: Eh, well, I don't know. I might just wait until this bit of hotness comes out:

Excuse me while I wipe the splooge off my screen.

I so want that, even more than RE4.
(not that I didn't see that pic already :P)

At 1/17/05 12:29 PM, ThreeStar wrote: Haha, yeah. I'm usually the one that gets the X and Y buttons mixed up and ends up throwing some good item away instead of using the hookshot.

Meh, I usually used the same buttons for every weapon. And I'd rarely use the Z button for anything other than the sail, as the Z button is so annoying to use at times, in my opinion. I usually have my index finger on the R button, you see, so I'd have to lift it to get to the Z button.

Maybe I should start putting my index finger on the Z button and my middle finger on the R button....

At 1/17/05 03:56 PM, Hypocrite wrote: I played Ocarina Of Time on the GameCube after playing WindWaker for a month or so, and wasted all my deku sticks by trying to use the C-stick to change my viewpoint. >: (

I usually centered the camera with the L button, so I had no problems myself. Also, you can use the X, Y and Z buttons on the GC version of OoT aswell, I believe.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 17:28:10

At 1/17/05 04:07 PM, -Mazza- wrote: you can use the X, Y and Z buttons on the GC version of OoT aswell, I believe.

Yes, you can, but you can't disable the C-stick for item select >:(

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 19:15:01

Hey guys, long time no see! I haven't been here since it was about fifty posts. Man this club has grown! Anyways, I LOVE resident Evil 4. I just beat ti today, and started a new game. It is easily the best game of the year so far (it's January though so that should change)!

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 19:50:08

At 1/15/05 11:28 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
At 1/14/05 06:12 PM, Swive wrote: HUGE HUGE LIST
Wow. Just wow.

I blame it on my brother. He is addicted to buying games. Whenever he gets a paycheck, he unloads his wallet's contents at a local Gamestop or EBGames. Plus, he has buddies all over SoCal who works at game stores and he often gets great deals on them.

I should start selling some stuff on eBay.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-17 23:50:53

At 1/17/05 07:15 PM, 1Plungerman1 wrote: Hey guys, long time no see! I haven't been here since it was about fifty posts. Man this club has grown! Anyways, I LOVE resident Evil 4. I just beat ti today, and started a new game. It is easily the best game of the year so far (it's January though so that should change)!

Welcome back! I tried looking for the game at my local Future Shop, but it was sold out!! >:(
Well, I knew that was to be expected. This is why I am going to camp outside the store the day before the new Zelda comes out.
No...seriously. I am.
If the trailer made people burst into tears, there is no telling how fast the game will sell.

If I could describe the impact this game will have on the video game industry...
Unbelieveable. An atomic bomb.
I swear, if I do not have that game the DAY it comes out, I will have a psycological breakdown.

Anyhoo...
Metroid Prime 2 = BEATEN! w00t!!
*runs around in circles*
The last boss was a bit of a doozy, but I beat it on my second try (I'm not letting loose any spoilers, even though there aren't that many suprises).
All I can say is Samus looks...wierd...slightly...
Final percentage - 98%...argh! Well...all I need are two more missle expantions and I got the big three-digit number of perfection.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 00:14:08

At 1/17/05 11:50 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Metroid Prime 2 = BEATEN! w00t!!
*runs around in circles*
The last boss was a bit of a doozy, but I beat it on my second try (I'm not letting loose any spoilers, even though there aren't that many suprises).
All I can say is Samus looks...wierd...slightly...
Final percentage - 98%...argh! Well...all I need are two more missle expantions and I got the big three-digit number of perfection.

Hehe, I still need the keys to the last temple. I'm on the last area of almost every new game I own- Baten Kaitos, MP2, PM2, and Alien Hominid. All great games, with hard endings.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 00:52:43

At 1/17/05 12:38 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote:

:Can someone feel my pain?

*Feels Pain

At 1/17/05 09:53 AM, ThreeStar wrote:
Is it? Judging by Nintendo's latest nacho-cheesy Zelda spurt, I would have thought it would be a little lame...

I was thinking the same thing until i was convinced to buy that game.

But I think I might try it after a little while.

It is a nice addition to the Game boy library. Still, I am not a big Game boy Fan.

Eh, well, I don't know. I might just wait until this bit of hotness comes out:

*Drools. October 2005. Where are you?

At 1/17/05 04:07 PM, -Mazza- wrote:
*Jealousy*

Mhuahahahah!!! I have played 11:00 + hours. I’m still on disk ONE!! WOOT! This game aint your classic "beat it under 2:30 hrs RE Game!!
Or maybe I suck at playing it. I have died 35 times already. The last death I suffered was quite shocking. If you thought getting your head cut off was cool, wait until you get deeper into the game.

At 1/17/05 07:15 PM, 1Plungerman1 wrote: Hey guys, long time no see! I LOVE resident Evil 4. I just beat ti today, and started a new game. It is easily the best game of the year so far (it's January though so that should change)!

Good to hear from you again. You beat the game already?? Did You get all the Figurines??? UPS, was that an spoilert?? hahaaha.

At 1/17/05 11:50 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: All I can say is Samus looks...wierd...slightly...

What? no....Personally I think she looks way better than in the first one. She looks younger.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 10:53:10

At 1/17/05 05:28 PM, Hypocrite wrote: Yes, you can, but you can't disable the C-stick for item select >:(

True, true. I suppose if I'd been playing Super Mario Sunshine(I think that used the C-stick for the camera) for a month or so, I'd get the habit of using the C-stick accidentally aswell.

However, after playing Viewtiful Joe and Tales of Symphonia, I did have some trouble getting back into Super Smash Bros. Melee, and vice versa. I use the X and Y buttons to jump in that game, you see.

At 1/17/05 07:15 PM, 1Plungerman1 wrote: Hey guys, long time no see! I haven't been here since it was about fifty posts. Man this club has grown!

I'm sure I've seen you after 50 posts. Maybe you mean 50 pages?

Welcome back, though!

Anyways, I LOVE resident Evil 4. I just beat ti today, and started a new game. It is easily the best game of the year so far (it's January though so that should change)!

*Jealousy*(again)

At 1/17/05 07:50 PM, Swive wrote: I blame it on my brother. He is addicted to buying games. Whenever he gets a paycheck, he unloads his wallet's contents at a local Gamestop or EBGames. Plus, he has buddies all over SoCal who works at game stores and he often gets great deals on them.

Doesn't he need food or something? Or does he still live at home?
Meh, I'm pretty addicted to buying games myself, since I rarely have over $60 in my possession.....
This time, I'm saving my money up for a DS, though, so I'll be able to buy it when it comes out.

At 1/17/05 11:50 PM, -King_Nothing- wrote: Anyhoo...
Metroid Prime 2 = BEATEN! w00t!!
*runs around in circles*

Congrats!

Also, everyone, look at my level icon.

Now.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 12:16:45

At 1/15/05 11:28 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
At 1/14/05 12:08 PM, DarknessRules wrote: Jest say the word.
Yeah, it might be better if you stopped talking about the DCPC. I mean, it was a good club, but it's unrelated, really.

Then the word is said. DarknessRules will atempt to not tlak about the DCPS frome this day forth.

I have to say that so I have a record in the # of posts so I don't forget.

This has been completly off topic so I'll end this with another off topic statment. I found the CD requiered to fix my internet!!!

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 13:42:08

At 1/18/05 10:53 AM, -Mazza- wrote: Also, everyone, look at my level icon.

I think there should be a "bitchslap" level for people like you. >:(

In other news, I can't do that bloody mini-boss on MP2 just after you get the gravity boost. The alpha blogg.... It is teh devil.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 14:15:15

At 1/16/05 03:13 PM, -Mazza- wrote:
At 1/16/05 10:25 AM, -StimulatedHigh- wrote: GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is effing great. It's awesome, love playing it. If you're into FPS like me, you'll love this game. :D

Eh, it's not that abd actually, it's challenging. It's not the greatest FPS though, but it's pretty fun. I don't recommend buying the game, just rent it if you like FPS.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 15:50:37

At 1/18/05 10:53 AM, -Mazza- wrote:
At 1/17/05 07:15 PM, 1Plungerman1 wrote: Hey guys, long time no see! I haven't been here since it was about fifty posts. Man this club has grown!

Yeah I meant pages :P

*Jealousy*(again)

:P (again)

And, no I haven't gotten all of the caps, only 3, but if you like the target range, just wait till you see what you get when you beat the game! ;)

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 19:50:09

At 1/18/05 10:53 AM, -Mazza- wrote: Also, everyone, look at my level icon.

Now.

*Looks.
Amazing. That pipe fits you well. Use it with pride.

At 1/18/05 01:42 PM, Hypocrite wrote:
In other news, I can't do that bloody mini-boss on MP2 just after you get the gravity boost. The alpha blogg.... It is teh devil.

That boss is among the easiest to defeat if you manage to make it perform the same pattern, otherwise it is a pain:

1) get close to the wall...
2) Fire a missile so the boss gets mad.
3) When it charges at you, charge up a Super missile and shoot to the mouth.
4) Avoid its attack by side stepping twice
5) If done correctly, the boss should hit the wall and be stunned for a little time. That should give you enough time so that you can get to the opposite site of the room
6) repeat.

Makes sense? No? good. : )

At 1/18/05 03:50 PM, 1Plungerman1 wrote: And, no I haven't gotten all of the caps, only 3, but if you like the target range, just wait till you see what you get when you beat the game! ;)

You are going to make this week longer than It should. My Gamecube = Home. So, I cant play until Friday.

Response to GameCube Club 2005-01-18 23:39:57

At 1/18/05 10:53 AM, -Mazza- wrote: True, true. I suppose if I'd been playing Super Mario Sunshine(I think that used the C-stick for the camera) for a month or so, I'd get the habit of using the C-stick accidentally aswell.

A common habit for me as well, especially if I've just played the game and I'm switching to another.

Even so...I believe I saw him a few times less than 50 pages ago...

Congrats!

Thank you.

Also, everyone, look at my level icon.

Now.

*looks*
*drops dead*

Congratulations!
I haven't deposited in a LONG time. I guess I should get going...half an hour left for today...