00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wetrinas just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears

36,132 Views | 676 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 10:33:48

At 7/18/08 08:54 AM, BBQSandwich wrote: The link to Bad-Man-Incorporated's song - Forgotten doesn't work ;)

Oooh snap...how could I? :(

Better luck next time. >:(

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 10:50:14

we still show some love to the list masturbat0r <3 (not gay love -_-')

>:b

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 11:38:41

Does anyone think it would be possible to do a "Western Style" song, while making it fit the theme?
Y'know, kinda like a lonley cowboy thing. I dunno...

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 12:48:54

i don't get this month's theme, what should i make?

btw, i quit music, only to make MAC8's and some collabs.

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 13:00:00

ah, wtf:

Chanson de L'Espace 7

which i ALWAYS post to MAC's

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 13:13:39

Wow! Mr Tom Fulp just made a post about the contest, apparently he do cares about the AP...¬¬

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 13:21:17

At 7/18/08 01:13 PM, JohnnyFrizz wrote: Wow! Mr Tom Fulp just made a post about the contest, apparently he do cares about the AP...¬¬

Well, he needs to justify giving away a Tank Trophy to MaestroRage. I mean, if nothing ever happened in the Audio Portal, people would claim that it is unfair y'know?

Omg, just had an awesome idea for the MAC ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 14:05:23

My entry, I hope you all like it.

It's called Requiem For A Lost Land.

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 14:36:14

Haha, good thing I always have a unfinished sad song on me. xD
I'm listening to it right now and it's actually bringing tears to my eyes..
._.

The thing is, I don't think I'm made for themed Macs. Most of my songs have their own theme, you know? I feel like all my stuff is misellaneous. ..Anyhow, I'll get to work on that one I was talking about. I can procrastinate no longer!
D:

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 14:45:00

I made one :D The name is Thunder Tree, and can be found at This link

I am not sure it is sad, but you can tell me :D

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 14:57:44

Well I finished my submission for the Mac8 and I'm happy with it. I went with a different side of sorrow then make you cry sorrow.

{MAC8}Essence of Time

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 15:02:29

At 7/18/08 02:57 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Well I finished my submission for the Mac8 and I'm happy with it. I went with a different side of sorrow then make you cry sorrow.

{MAC8}Essence of Time

Great song man!
I absolutley loved it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 15:30:15

I bet one hundred dollars the winning song is sad in not a sad, but lame way.

I might do this.

I can't sing though.

I feel like that might be necessary for such a conveyance of sadness?

Iunno though, Danny The Dog had no lyrics and was pretty sad.

Instrumentals are acceptable, then, I assume?

Also is this to be a serious sad song, or a sad song that makes fun of sad songs? Your tone really wasn't clear.

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 15:46:32

Be excellent to each other!

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 16:25:05

Here is my song! It has never gotten front page or best of the week even though it has so many listens and reviews. I know it will be judged harder because it is an older song, but I also know it has a chance of getting in the winners list. :D

It is called (::Towards The Sun::) =FINAL= and I wrote it when my uncle died. :( That is another thing that makes it sad. THANKS!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 10320

P.S. I might be entering a piano solo I made up.. but I need to find a freaking recorder first!!! 0_0

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 16:49:17

And here is my other song that I am submitting! THis one is also for the death of my uncle. :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 11420

Ok thats all that I am submitting... ENJOY! And thanks.

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 18:41:04

I'm NEARLY finished. If I were you guys, I'd expect it later on tonight ^_^

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 20:02:47

Here is mine.

First Time I ever Competed in a Audio competition, I don't expect to Win, But whatever.
It's a short acoustic Piece, I was inspired by death, The end of Everything, the Worst possible outcome in any situation, The Thing we all fear the most.

Please listen, Vote and Review? :)

I'm sorry for the bad quality, But Since It's an Acoustic Recording, I Can't improve it.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 20:29:31

At 7/18/08 06:41 PM, Dj-Immune wrote: I'm NEARLY finished. If I were you guys, I'd expect it later on tonight ^_^

...We wait with bated breath ^__^

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 20:33:59

I'd like to enter.

i read and re-read the rules and i seem to gather you can submit audio that was submitted before this competitions announcement. I have one i want to enter, it's an original composition and i hope you won't judge it too harshly because it was submitted around a month ago. I spent a whole week writing it recording it and stuff, because of a hardship i'm going through.

Here's a rough explanation, PLEASE don't be rude because i'm opening up here. i havn't spoken about this online before but i think the judges might want to know the situation in which this song was written...

I fell in love at the start of this year. The most beautiful girl in the entire world. I've had girlfriends and what not before, but i've never been in love, and this is real love. we grew so close, but we both knew it would be the most mature thing for me to go serve my mission for two years. I had planned to do it before i fell in love and she knew thats something that would really bring me closer to God and help me grow.

Well, from being completely head over heels in love she decided she had to let me go for now, and i suppose artists are more vulnerable to depression being people who 'feel'. It's been around a month and a half since that day, Weeks of seemingly endless depression. I would play songs i made for her in a dark room on my piano and cry my eyes dry. I would write songs, and this is one that i felt the need to record. Kind of how i heal.

THIS IS MY ENTRY:
The Happiest in the World

It's called that simply because it feels like happiness is such a distant thing that the only happiness i have is the thought of a life with this amazing girl, yet it seems so distant. Whenever i feel like an emotion 'let-go' i play this song and have a teary session. Hey i'm an artist, over-emotional-ness seems to come with it.

Want proof of 'US'?
well i want to show the validity of the REAL sadness of my song through proving the history of my love for this girl.
truth be told i think the sadness in my entry is even more valid BECAUSE it was submitted before any competition announcement. I made it because it felt like a physical pain, part of my heart mission, and needed to express it... that's how i heal.

well here you go:
out of my league
i recorded this song because she liked it, and i liked her. she didnt know it at the time. Still, you can see why this song connected with me, becuase it was (as you can see the start of this year) my way of begging for the attention of this gorgeous angel of a girl.
Oh, and read the descriptions lol "I have a friend on msn who keeps requesting songs, and she's so persuasive i keep making them! *sigh*"... FALSE! she's not persuasive... i just wanted her attention :)

MOTHER
i wrote this song with her, and she's in it. that female voice is hers, because the way i started making connections with her was in singing lessons. I became her teacher. She has such a beautiful voice.
Again, in comments: "she has an incredible voice, and is the most beautiful girl i know. I love her! 22-0". well, 22-0 stands for breanna and josiah always (22 letters) and forever (-0). also, when the first two is drawn backwards the 22 makes a love heart...

The Luckiest
this song was one she loved and i recorded it for her after she had a hard day. We really love to connect to each other through music. notice the "22-0 brea".

I hope these provide sufficient proof to the love i have for this amazing girl, and reinforce the 'sadness' i felt when recording my entry to this comp. Truth be told i'm not in it to win. I just want to share a part of myself. It's said that the greatest gift anyone can give is themself. Well newgrounds really has given me a lot and so has music. figured i'd give a little back.

I still love brea, so please NG ppl who read this dont mock me and call me emo or whatever. We all have pain in our lives. we just deal with it differently.

22-0 brea. One day we will be the happiest in the world.

oh and MaestroRage? keep up the good fight.

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 20:44:03

how come everyone is finishing their submissions so fast?

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 21:07:58

Here's my submission. :) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 58342

It's called: VillageOfTheDead [DJ Legresso Remix

NOTE: In the submission, it only says [DJ Legresso], because I couldn't fit remix on the end. ^_^

Don't knock it, it's good! Very good.

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 21:08:13

At 7/18/08 08:33 PM, JAZZA wrote: I'd like to enter.

Welcome in man. Thats some deep stuff, but were not going to give you crap. Unfourtunatley, I think you're only allowed 2 submissions, so mabye you should choose your 2 saddest and enter those.
Anyways, good to see you in this one, and good luck!

If anyone decides to attack you for your openness, well smash 'em!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 21:26:04

At 7/18/08 09:08 PM, Nintechno wrote:
At 7/18/08 08:33 PM, JAZZA wrote: I'd like to enter.
Welcome in man. Thats some deep stuff, but were not going to give you crap. Unfourtunatley, I think you're only allowed 2 submissions, so mabye you should choose your 2 saddest and enter those.
Anyways, good to see you in this one, and good luck!

If anyone decides to attack you for your openness, well smash 'em!

OH haha, only the first one is the enry. the other links are simply to prove the validity of the emotional value of my entry.

only one entry :)

follow me: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 21:31:02

At 7/18/08 08:44 PM, TjA wrote: how come everyone is finishing their submissions so fast?

Because this week's theme is easy. A sad song. Ok go! Done. You don't need to put much effort in to make a sad song as you do for a song synched to a video, such as last MAC. Because of this, I'd expect the judging to be real tough. I was actually very surprised to see that the due date was so soon, but entries seem to be falling in by the bucketload. I've discussed a little with Maestro about collaborating with him on a piano solo for the comp, but time is short, and I like to have a lot of time to put effort into my work. I'm thinking of entering something else, also.
Anyway, good luck guys, hope this turns out to be a good 'un!

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 21:31:24

[Archeleptic]

My first entry!

Second should be a lot better!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 22:14:35

At 7/18/08 08:33 PM, JAZZA wrote:

lotsa stuff

Gee man, that seriously sucks. :/ Now I feel bad about getting on yer arse about "the composer". Best of luck, my friend. Hopefully all will turn out well. Are missionaries allowed to accept stuff? Because if they come by my place I'm probably going to force my parents to invite them in and get them some coffee and cookies or something, and although I doubt they'd be persuaded, just listen to them for the sake of not cutting them off at the door.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 22:34:19

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-18 22:38:20

At 7/18/08 09:31 PM, WritersBlock wrote:
At 7/18/08 08:44 PM, TjA wrote: how come everyone is finishing their submissions so fast?
Because this week's theme is easy. A sad song. Ok go! Done.

A song is a song, every single one deserves as much thought as any other. I'm also impressed at how fast everyone are finishing their submissions. But I also agree that many people are pretty fast. Some of us are not, I'm still having trouble with strings and I started weeks ago :(

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - July:Sorrowed Tears 2008-07-19 00:12:55

Sorry to ask what I'm almost certain is a stupid question, but is there a length maximum to entries?