00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ayya1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cefyjr's Art/request Thread

856 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 16:04:38

I have been thinking of making this thread for a while. The only reason I didn't is because I would always think of it late at night when I didn't feel like making a new thread.

Anyway, I have wanted to improve my drawing skills for a while. I'm tired of being simply decent. The only thing that keeps me from practicing drawing is my lack of ideas for anything and my sheer hatred of practicing drawing things I suck at ( Hands / body / clothes / animals / ... )

Thus, I ask YOU to give me requests. I would prefer a nice amount of hard-to-draw requests, but don't go TOO hard on me. Just don't expect perfect results if you give a hard request. If I have learned anything from playing trumpet, it is to practice things you suck at while going over the things you're good at so they don't get stale. That is what I am aiming to do here.

Also, this is still going to be my art thread, so I will post non-requests that I just happen to draw, but like I said, I have had a lack of ideas lately, so don't expect that many as of now.

This first picture is something I did for boob practice a while ago. It is a nice example of about the best I can do with my current talent.

Thank you all! (Assuming that you actually help me out.)

Also, I will probably ignore all penis/fan art requests.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 16:29:12

alright i've got something for ya.

Your faces are nicely stylized, and your example picture looks like you're trying perspective, soo...

Try a fight between two brawlers/professionals, mid punch/kick.
But don't just do a side view:
Use an birds-eye, over-the-shoulder view.
One person's back must be in view, with an insignia of your own design on it...
Focus on muscle groups (make 'im bulky) on the other one.
just think shonen.

This is sounding good, i might have to take a try too!

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 17:23:20

At 7/12/08 04:29 PM, kernalphage wrote: alright i've got something for ya.

Your faces are nicely stylized, and your example picture looks like you're trying perspective, soo...

Try a fight between two brawlers/professionals, mid punch/kick.
But don't just do a side view:
Use an birds-eye, over-the-shoulder view.
One person's back must be in view, with an insignia of your own design on it...
Focus on muscle groups (make 'im bulky) on the other one.
just think shonen.

This is sounding good, i might have to take a try too!

Done. It was kinda a killer, because I rarely ever draw things actually in action. Was this the angle you were looking for?

Also, feel free to post the picture if you do try it.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 17:56:20

Pikachu! Use bump attack!

Pika! Pika!

Not traced. I just took his classic jumping pose, is all.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 18:01:29

"I love these things! :D"
OK draw the Grim reaper - riding a unicorn - on a flower medow - looking very disappointed.

You just wish you had my username, don't ya?

Mah artne'z!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 18:08:55

I notice a major drop off in quality between the first picture and the rest. I suggest working more with that style, because whatever you were doing it was working.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-12 19:08:22

At 7/12/08 06:01 PM, AssBreaker wrote: "I love these things! :D"
OK draw the Grim reaper - riding a unicorn - on a flower medow - looking very disappointed.

As much as I hate to say it, these requests have been good. I suck at drawing muscles, horses, folds in clothes, backgrounds... All the things you're having me draw! They are my weaknesses, and I'm getting some practice on them.

By the way, be sure to criticize as much as you can. Me blindly drawing stuff I'm not good at isn't going to make me better unless I know how to fix them. Be as harsh as you want (As long as it's constructive, of course)

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 01:58:15

A quickie before hitting the sack.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 03:46:05

nothing amazing

<a>

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 05:27:31

At 7/12/08 07:08 PM, CefyJr wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, these requests have been good. I suck at drawing muscles, horses, folds in clothes, backgrounds... All the things you're having me draw! They are my weaknesses, and I'm getting some practice on them.

As I expected! Well work on the things you just said. And try to draw more realistically, it's good practise.

You just wish you had my username, don't ya?

Mah artne'z!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 08:03:35

Here we go.....Yggdrasil (tree of life) with a thick bending trunk, and a root system that envelopes a serpent. I've been working on a back tattoo piece and I keep thinking my ideas are shit. Lets see what you do!

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 08:42:45

draw Indie running away from a rolling Numa Numa guy.
:please.

my furry stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-13 14:05:01

At 7/13/08 08:03 AM, Dubby14 wrote: Here we go.....Yggdrasil (tree of life) with a thick bending trunk, and a root system that envelopes a serpent. I've been working on a back tattoo piece and I keep thinking my ideas are shit. Lets see what you do!

I had the most fun with this one. Not really a thick trunk, by the way. I just always pictured the tree of life to have a thin trunk so it was a bit hard to picture a thick, bending trunk for me. Hope you like, anyway.

Oh, boy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-14 00:00:57

At 7/13/08 02:05 PM, CefyJr wrote: I had the most fun with this one. Not really a thick trunk, by the way. I just always pictured the tree of life to have a thin trunk so it was a bit hard to picture a thick, bending trunk for me. Hope you like, anyway.

Oh yea man that is rawkin! I love the serpent woven in the roots. Thanks a ton ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Cefyjr's Art/request Thread 2008-07-14 05:57:34

These are kinda ehhhh

The tree with the serpent is freaking great though