00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Torture game and $100. 2 of 20

53,431 Views | 187 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 14:39:09

Good we have NBC and FOX next we need to get it on THE DAILY SHOW! (Colbert Report too)

We're on a mission from god

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:00:09

So Fox expects a website where every user acts like an immature asshat at least once during their life to be classy, publicly acceptable, and refined? Besides, religious TV channels are creepier than that.

I find it funny that the "child" always finds out about this stuff long before the parents do.
Also, am I the only one who's reminded of the voodoo doll bit from Creepshow?

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:11:46

lol@fox

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:20:38

At 7/1/08 12:19 PM, Truth wrote: The sad Truth is games like "The Torture Game" can influence violence especially among the younger audience.

oh for the love of... VIDEO GAMES DO NOT CAUSE VIOLENCE!!!!!!!! (and yes, i have an argument against your statement)
sure you have a link to the psychological effects that violent video games have on kids... well, guess what?
- first of all, that link was from four years ago. And although i realize that the video games have gotten more violent and "worse for kids" over 4 years, just read the rest of my argument.
- secondly, violent games do not CAUSE violence. they PROMOTE it, they REWARD it, and they help implant violence in one's mind, but they don't CAUSE it.
- third, you have to consider the OTHER factors that result in violence as well. does anyone ever think about these factors? no! it's all about how bad video games are for you. read this and i'm sure you'll find that your argument about "Video games CAUSING violence" is completely invalid. it does mention that video games are PART of the problem, but not ALL of it! in fact, they're an environmental problem at best!
- fourth, to go along with what i stated above, the more violent people become due to all the reasons in the above link, the more they will teach THEIR children violence, or use it on them.
- fifth, if you try to take away all the video games that are "violent", you'd pretty much be left with "Tele Tubbies Go To the Beach" and crap like that.

now prove me wrong. come on; try me

now then, to actually respond to Tom's post (this has got to be the most i've EVER written, lol), it IS sad that the media is supposedly trying to send all these messages about violence being bad, while at the same time promoting it to the unsuspecting audience. But that's what its all about, isn't it? It's all about pleasing the masses, the general public. People want violence to be scorned and shunned by those who "know what they're doing", yet at the same time it's entertaining. The media doesn't really want violence to be taken down... because then, there would be nothing for them to show to the average citizen! The human race (or a good deal of it anyway) has lost their touch with their necessity to hunt and kill food to survive. now, there is so much domestication and processing that we no longer need to kill our own food, we just go to the store. and since we have lost our naturally violent side, we long to see violence of other beings. we are no longer as sympathetic as we would be if it wasn't such a human rat race.
btw, i'm 13. have a great day.

P.S. awesome pic!

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:37:54

At 7/1/08 03:20 PM, TARGETBUDDY wrote: they PROMOTE it, they REWARD it, and they help implant violence in one's mind, but they don't CAUSE it.

I said videogames can influence violence, you said videogames can promote violence.
What's the difference?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:42:28

How the hell did they draw that?

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:52:40

that drawing would have been 80x more interesting if the creator made it in their own blood

but yeah the media is pretty dumb!

18 more til CC

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 15:54:16

So if you are the winner, how do you go about collecting your hundred dollars? Or do you just get 100 dollars in credit at the NG store?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:02:59

I love how Faux covered their tracks at the end by making sure people know there's a "definite distinction" between passive entertainment that includes torture (i.e. 24) and active entertainment like the game.

At 7/1/08 01:37 PM, SCUMBALL wrote: U DUN EVEN CUM ON DA BBS EVER!!!!!

Oh my.

As you are reading this, you are unaware that World War III has just broken out, and humanity will be extinct in a matter of hours. Have a nice day.

Sig by me! PM me for one!

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:04:24

FOX news sucks, they make a big deal out of everything

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:07:42

LOL, The Press are faggots, Let's have a "Press Day" where Newgrounders are obligated to submit a flash about any body in the news. Let's actualy call it "Fuck The Media Day" or "Muff The System Day".

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:13:21

I lub fox news <3

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:15:48

Actually...when you chopped up the dummy a lot, finally it's health bar goes away and it says "dead".
So yeah I think it was supposed to be alive...or like an example of a living person getting tortured.
But I agree, they should definitely focus on the good stuff on here, Waterlollies, Blockhead, "Awesome",
and the DAD shows.Of course they go straight for what's on the front page at the moment, which is...
the torture game 2...maybe if the good ones were listed on the front page they woulda saw them.

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:20:51

MSNBC is a bunch of old dudes who have never played a game in their lives, and same with FOX news. They don't understand why us young people love violent games and TV shows so, yet some of us aren't that violent at all. I'm not reffering to myself of course, but you get my point. Also:
Mutha fuckin' headshot.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:22:42

I say there should be shirts with these torture drawings at the NG store!

Who's with me?

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:23:05

I always get EDGE, best magazine for game production, reviews and previews out there.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:24:06

Everyone's so busy comlaining about the News that no one noticed the awesome picture that guy made in Torture Game 2. It's pure art. Whoever said Video Games aren't art probably never painted a picture in their life.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:31:54

im back here to say that FOX or should it be GOB? GOB is Girly Overrated Bitches XD.they think we give a fuc about them they can kiss my white ass for all i care. they do u have hot chicks on it thought WOOHOO

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:32:48

Hehe that game deserves the credit.. It reminds me that NG can still stirr the media, just like when Kaboom! (suicide bomber game) came out.. I wonder if there's gonna be a sequel to that.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:36:00

The people in the News are really stupid because there job is to report and make things sound over dramatic to get more views. But then because of this over protective mothers with hyphenated names try to get websites like Newgrounds of the internet. What people in America don't realize is that AMERICA DOESN'T OWN THE FUCKING INTERNET!!! And we have freedom of speech, so actually if you are offended by the game don't watch it.

To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control. People like Hillary Clinton, Nancy Palloci and Rob Rhiner are just
dumbasses who think that children are effected by violent video games and they also want to change America into a Socilist Type Goverment. FUCK the democratic part and Fuck the system, Amecia and stupid ass American citizens need to back down they need to understand they are not the rulers of the world and they need to choose if they are going to respect peoples rights or if they aren't. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

One less thing to any body viewing this website: Fuck the Patriot Act, it is a violation of me as an American Citizen (I personally believe this act would be okay if it only allowed professional Govermental agencys to tap phone lines, not gay lawyers.)

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:39:49

Congratulations to chainsawmurderer53!
Enjoy your 100$.

COKEHEAD75

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:46:04

I agree with SecretClock-- we should have an anti-press day. In fact, I think this site needs more themed days/contests, period. Maybe not with prizes or anything, but just an idea or theme to give people inspiration. Maybe people get enough inspiration from the events surrounding NG as it is. If a bunch of people made anti-Fox flashes, you KNOW Fox would report on it. "...personally insulting news anchors, profanely denouncing Fox News, and terrorizing innocent people like an INTERNET HATE MACHINE"

Hey I am not changing the thread topic but anyone who agrees we should have an anti-press day post this after your post:

"Say yes to anti-press"

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:48:20

I didn't even know the Torture Game existed before life posted the video on the BBS.

Congrats to chainsawmurderer53.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:50:22

So, there's no sign-up necessary? I just deposit, and there's a 1 in (number of people who deposited) chance of me winning $100?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:54:58

At 7/1/08 04:36 PM, SecretClock wrote: To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control.

One less thing to any body viewing this website: Fuck the Patriot Act, it is a violation of me as an American Citizen (I personally believe this act would be okay if it only allowed professional Govermental agencys to tap phone lines, not gay lawyers.)

Just a side note... Fox and the Patriot Act are both products of right wing conservatives and not liberals. But yeah there's a lot of douchery out there.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:55:54

i really freakin hope i win that $100 my family really needs the money

they say the mind twists and bends in order to deal with the horrors of reality i think my mind bent and twisted so much it snapped in two

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 16:59:31

Congrats to the winner of the 100 dollars. I'm jealous. XD. It seems as though the Torture game has been getting a lot of publicity. Oh well, it'll just attract more people, I suppose.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:05:40

At 7/1/08 04:54 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/1/08 04:36 PM, SecretClock wrote: To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control.

Just a side note... Fox and the Patriot Act are both products of right wing conservatives and not liberals. But yeah there's a lot of douchery out there.

Sorry Tommy F, yes Fox and the Patriot act are supposed to be from the conservatives and I agree with you but the conservative republicans were not acting like republicans when the Patriot act was passed. The purpose of the republican party was for a smaller and less powerful government but the Patriot Act actual goes against what the Republican party stands for so they were acting like democrats not liberals though (don't know why I said that). But I agree with you, total douchery. The Government is filled with fucked up hippocrits, let's leave it at that. ( as conservative as FOX news claims to be they are just liberal faggots.)

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:07:31

At 7/1/08 12:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: but the real fun came when FOX News weighed in with a Fair & Balanced video, expressing their disgust while showing real-time footage of the person being tortured. Hey! At least we slapped a MATURE rating on the game and made you click a link to view it... Fox just dumped it into every living room in America!

Well..damn.

Thos stupid bastards.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:13:01

Well newgrounds wins either way, any publicity is good publicity so to speak.

That said what ever did happen to real news? I miss the good old days :(