00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,510 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-25 23:36:13

I drank a coors light the other day. what the fuck is it supposed to be? because it tasted like a mixture of homeless persons piss and formaldehyde

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-26 03:21:51

At 9/25/13 11:36 PM, Dromedary wrote: I drank a coors light the other day. what the fuck is it supposed to be? because it tasted like a mixture of homeless persons piss and formaldehyde

Hey, you did that out of free will, at least you didn't go to the bar where your friend won't budge on ordering a pitcher of Miller Light. Tastes like piss. I hate piss.

They had ale on tap damn it!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-26 10:32:55

At 9/26/13 03:21 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

if any of you gents ever get the chance to try an ale from the "Bath Ale" brewery, I would highly recommend it. it's a brewery that's local to me, and every ale it makes is fantastic

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-26 23:36:31

At 9/25/13 11:36 PM, Dromedary wrote: I drank a coors light the other day. what the fuck is it supposed to be? because it tasted like a mixture of homeless persons piss and formaldehyde

Really? Coors Light is like water, imo. If this is the case though, I should warn you, steer very clear of Steel Reserve. Or Malt Liquor in general, for that matter.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-28 00:13:31

At 9/26/13 10:32 AM, Dromedary wrote:
At 9/26/13 03:21 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
if any of you gents ever get the chance to try an ale from the "Bath Ale" brewery, I would highly recommend it. it's a brewery that's local to me, and every ale it makes is fantastic

You live in Bath? Or is that just the name? Poysonally, I'd take a bath in ale.

Ehem... You bring up a good topic, though. Local Brews

Yeungling is local for me. So is Lancaster Brewery, Appalachian, Troegs and the brewpub Bube's Brewery. I wonder what else is around here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breweries_in_Pennsylvania

Wow, looks like Victory is in PA. Not exactly in my neck of the woods, but it's here.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-28 12:06:16

At 9/28/13 12:13 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Local Brews

Well, this is not so much local as national, and possibly international, but when you see this brand it means you're probably in for a treat.

It's brewed in Norway, but I think it exists outside our borders as well.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-29 12:30:08

At 9/28/13 12:13 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You live in Bath? Or is that just the name?

I do, but it's in the south west of England. I'm sure there's one in America too, I vaguely remember hearing that. And there's a shitload of breweries local to me. It's mainly cider though, as I'm in cider country.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-29 14:40:33

At 9/29/13 12:30 PM, Dromedary wrote:
At 9/28/13 12:13 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You live in Bath? Or is that just the name?
I do, but it's in the south west of England. I'm sure there's one in America too, I vaguely remember hearing that. And there's a shitload of breweries local to me. It's mainly cider though, as I'm in cider country.

Didn't know there was a Bath anywhere other than England.

Last night

I went to a family reunion where there was a full bar of liquor in the basement.

Let that sink in.

Yeah, it was all free.

There was Crown Royal, Jack Daniels, Seagrams, Sailor Jerry's, Smirnoff, Tuaca, I can't remember it all and man, they had booze I've never even heard of! Decanters of unlabeled delights and racks of unopened wines, but all the way to the left was this enormous bottle of vodka shaped like a tommy gun.

Considering I had the kids with me, I wasn't about to get trashed at the reunion, but I quickly searched and found the only bottle of gin: An unopened bottle of Gilbey's dry gin (yesssss).

I also had a Coors Banquet beer there. Damn, Prinzy, that shit sucks.

Left the reunion round 7:30 and headed to the bar with my buddy later. Had a pitcher of beer, a whisky sour pitcher and a cup of Troegs Hop Back Amber Ale. (On a side note I have to wonder why strangers always call me cowboy when I'm out. Since when do cowboys where leather vests and biking boots?) Left the bar round 12:30 and proceeded to drink gin and tonic at my brother's until I passed out. Miraculously, no hangover.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-09-29 21:41:18

Candians do beer better

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-10-11 21:03:20

So yesterday, before I went to go drinking, I went to a beer/liquor store in Maryland and found bottles of Dundee sitting in baskets that were marked one dollar each.

CRAFT BEER

ONE DOLLAR EACH

I like this brewery. They're cheap, but they have quality beer. I got into a small conversation about this beer with the man in front of me in line. He inquired as to why I'm only getting 5 instead of 6 to make it a 6 pack. I tell him I don't have enough money for 6, so I'm getting 5. He then gives me a dollar so I can get 6.

Oh, I was taken aback. This has never happened to me. A stranger giving me beer money? I shook the man's hand, thanked him and told him my name. Then I went on, later that day, to drink beer and gin (a little Lukusowa and some schnapps too).

I love their IPA. The Koelsh style ale was good, but I'd rather have a darker ale. My favourite beer of theirs is their English Style ale. Very good beer.

They didn't have any English Style ale there.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-10-12 13:28:26

At 10/11/13 09:03 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: CRAFT BEER
ONE DOLLAR EACH

How's that even possible? I can't imagine it's very profitable at all for the brewers!

At least where I am, the price of the beer is generally 70% taxes and fees, not to mention regular stores aren't allowed to sell anything over 4,7% abv - you have to go to the "Wine monopoly" shops for that. Good quality beers are usually in the $10-13 price range per 0,5 liter. (= 1 pint I think?)

Anyway, here's a good stout I had not too long ago, or at least its label.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-10-29 00:39:50

Having a drink off with a new waitress tonight, her poor boy toy even bet $100 that she could out drink me. I love free money.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-10-29 20:49:55

At 10/29/13 12:39 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Having a drink off with a new waitress tonight, her poor boy toy even bet $100 that she could out drink me. I love free money.

I've seen girls out drink men before!!!

No I haven't, lol. Seriously, I haven't. No story about an alcohol intolerant man losing pathetically to a woman. Now, shoo!

Anybody else having a drinkfest Thursday night? I'm drinkin' with the dudes, as usual.

I went to the store in Maryland to see about getting some beer. I was craving a good stout and Guinness is out of the question. I only found a few stouts and the only one I knew and trusted was Dundee's, but it was in a variety pack that I didn't want to buy. The shelves were an aggravating array of Octoberfests, Pumpkin Ales, Hard Ciders and German Pilsners.

After spending an amount of time that I didn't want to spend trying to find a stout that I deemed trustworthy, I went to my fallback for this season's Samuel Adams variety pack. As I opened the fridge door to grab a cold one, I looked to my right to see a pack of Samuel Adams stout... TOO LATE NOW SAMMY BOY! I grabbed the variety pack and hit the pay desk.

Every American craft beer enthusiast knows SA's Boston Lager and Octoberfest. The Octoberfest is good, lots of malt flavor, but it's not exactly my thing (being a lager). Although, drinking one of these and then drinking a Boston Lager really makes you appreciate the hoppiness of the Boston Lager.

I'll give my two cents on the other brews later.

Anybody else notice how popular Redd's 'as gotten? Angry Orchard is more popular here, but Redd's 'as soared in popularity. It was served at Applebee's last I was there.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-11-03 23:50:26

At 10/29/13 08:49 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
Every American craft beer enthusiast knows SA's Boston Lager and Octoberfest. The Octoberfest is good, lots of malt flavor, but it's not exactly my thing (being a lager). Although, drinking one of these and then drinking a Boston Lager really makes you appreciate the hoppiness of the Boston Lager.

I had the Boston Lager a few years ago and really liked it. One of my personal go to ales during the winter months is Big Rock Traditional Ale, tons of roasted barley and caramel flavors. Big Rock isn't really a micro brewery anymore, but they do put out a quality product that it's really much pricier than regular domestics.

In other news, going to Calgary's World of Whiskey and Cognac Gala this Saturday. Went last year too and got to try Hennessy Paradis Imperial, which goes for about $2,400 per 700ml. They also had my favorite brand of Scotch, Macallan. I usually go for the 12 year old, but they had the 18 year old and I couldn't resist. Unfortunately the price difference is way too high for me to get the 18 year old at $180 compared to the 12yr which is $65.

Any Scotch drinkers tried Glenfiddich's Cask of Dreams?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-11-06 00:11:06

At 11/3/13 11:50 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Any Scotch drinkers tried Glenfiddich's Cask of Dreams?

I've not had that, but i had johnny walker explorers club edition, and man is that smoky.
i like the double black for its smokyness but that was rediculous. dunno if id buy it again

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-11-30 09:30:19

your not a alcoholic if you drink rum at 10 AM your just a damn good pirate!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-07 13:40:28

Alright, here are my two cents on SA's previous variety pack. I already mentioned the Oktoberfest and Boston Lager, so I'l start with the Ruby Mild.

Ruby Mild: Nothing special.

Literally. Pretty boring beer. Good, but boring.

Hazelnut Brown Ale: Most hazelnut I've ever been able to taste in a brown ale. Very interesting and worthy as a novelty drink. Notable sweet notes.

Latitude 48 IPA: Very floral hops scent and flavour. The florality of the hops is so smooth and pleasant that it's like a sweetness at the front, but you still get that familiar hop bitterness at the back. Very good, like drinking an IPA scented Yankee candle.

Anybody try that Jaegermeister spiced yet?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-08 16:31:07

Bought some of my Christmas booze the other day, a nice bottle of Gentleman Jack. It's a good start, think I might also grab myself a bottle of Kraken in the next week and then it's just my mixers to aquire. I'm thinking some tropical fruit juices and the obvious Coke.

At 12/7/13 01:40 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Anybody try that Jaegermeister spiced yet?

Never heard of this before but I'm excited.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-08 19:41:18

At 12/7/13 01:40 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Alright, here are my two cents on SA's previous variety pack. I already mentioned the Oktoberfest and Boston Lager, so I'l start with the Ruby Mild.

Ruby Mild: Nothing special.

Literally. Pretty boring beer. Good, but boring.
Hazelnut Brown Ale: Most hazelnut I've ever been able to taste in a brown ale. Very interesting and worthy as a novelty drink. Notable sweet notes.

Latitude 48 IPA: Very floral hops scent and flavour. The florality of the hops is so smooth and pleasant that it's like a sweetness at the front, but you still get that familiar hop bitterness at the back. Very good, like drinking an IPA scented Yankee candle.

Anybody try that Jaegermeister spiced yet?

Actually, yes. I tried it at my cousins house about a month ago. It was really good. I could be wrong, but I think that it was only like, 40 proof, which was the only downfall. This coming from someone who HATES original Jager. Liquid licorice, blech. The spiced doesn't have any of the licorice taste though. Just alcohol, and vanilla-spice sweetness.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-16 13:45:19

Had an interesting combo last night.

Marley Mellow Mood Lemonade and Absolut Vanilla Vodka. It actually tasted really good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-16 21:22:57

At 12/16/13 01:45 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Had an interesting combo last night.

Marley Mellow Mood Lemonade and Absolut Vanilla Vodka. It actually tasted really good.

I had an interesting combo as well.

After Shock with Apple Cider. It was shit.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-19 01:36:32

At 12/16/13 09:22 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

is after shock the equivalent of rumplemintz or goldshlagger, i cant rememberrrrr

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-20 15:56:20

At 12/19/13 01:36 AM, Luis wrote:
At 12/16/13 09:22 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

is after shock the equivalent of rumplemintz or goldshlagger, i cant rememberrrrr

Sorta both, man. It's cinnamon tasting, but then it's also peppermint tasting. Hell, in that apple cider mixture it was cinnamon tasting at first, but the more it sat the more it tasted like peppermint.

In any case, I wouldn't really call it the equivalent of either, since those drinks are way better, lol.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-22 10:44:17

Anyone used whiskey stones? I asked santa for them but I'm wondering if they work and if its just whiskey, can I use it for bourbon

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-22 19:44:27

I'm surprised this thread is still alive. Thought everyone a part of it would die of liver failure by now.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-23 01:45:44

At 12/22/13 10:44 AM, Luis wrote: Anyone used whiskey stones? I asked santa for them but I'm wondering if they work and if its just whiskey, can I use it for bourbon

Never used them, but the principle is pretty sound. Instead of using the warmth of your hand to heat the whiskey, drop in a stone that you've heated and it'll open up the smell and flavors of the whiskey. Also, you can throw them in the freezer and they act like ice cubes and will chill the whiskey without diluting it, and calm the harsher notes.

You can use them for whatever you want, bourbon, scotch, brandy.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-25 00:41:13

At 12/23/13 01:45 AM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 12/22/13 10:44 AM, Luis wrote: Anyone used whiskey stones? I asked santa for them but I'm wondering if they work and if its just whiskey, can I use it for bourbon
Never used them, but the principle is pretty sound. Instead of using the warmth of your hand to heat the whiskey, drop in a stone that you've heated and it'll open up the smell and flavors of the whiskey. Also, you can throw them in the freezer and they act like ice cubes and will chill the whiskey without diluting it, and calm the harsher notes.

You can use them for whatever you want, bourbon, scotch, brandy.

Honestly I've never used them either, but I think they'd be more useful for bourbon and brandy.

Merry Christmas

I've been noggin' it up a little this year. We made some eggnog using fresh ground nutmeg, Sailor Jerry's rum and orange zest. Turned out damn good. My Father-in-law makes his using nutmeg oil (no gritty or sandy texture in the back of the mouth that way), Black Seal rum and Seagram's VO, although I think we used more alcohol in ours, ha! Funny enough, I haven't had any gin to celebrate the season. Maybe I'll get on that.

Now you want to hear something sucky? I poured myself a nice little glass of Ron Zacapa XO, took one sip of it and then had to leave it at my In-law's place due to circumstances. I was like, "DAMN IT!"

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-25 10:35:48

At 12/25/13 12:41 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Now you want to hear something sucky? I poured myself a nice little glass of Ron Zacapa XO, took one sip of it and then had to leave it at my In-law's place due to circumstances. I was like, "DAMN IT!"

I dont think I've ever had egg nog strangely enough. Eggs in general are bad for my insides for some reason. Which is a shame considering i love drinks like whiskey sours and ramos gin fizz.

I wanted to make hot buttered rum this year but its such a mess to make and takes so long that i sat around on my ass instead and just drank the rum.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-25 12:37:11

At 12/25/13 10:35 AM, Luis wrote:
At 12/25/13 12:41 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Now you want to hear something sucky? I poured myself a nice little glass of Ron Zacapa XO, took one sip of it and then had to leave it at my In-law's place due to circumstances. I was like, "DAMN IT!"
I dont think I've ever had egg nog strangely enough. Eggs in general are bad for my insides for some reason. Which is a shame considering i love drinks like whiskey sours and ramos gin fizz.

I didn't think I'd like it since I tend to stay away from a lot of eggy things and the shit you buy at the store is terrible. The homemade eggnogs that we've made taste like icecream mix, really good. Though, I don't like a ton of sugar since I want to taste the nutmeg's woodiness.

I wanted to make hot buttered rum this year but its such a mess to make and takes so long that i sat around on my ass instead and just drank the rum.

I already thought that was funny, but then I read this, which says it takes about 7 minutes and that made it beyond hilarious, lol!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-26 23:28:14

Adding vodka to a Shirley Temple is pleasant.

BBS Signature