00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,458 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-28 00:34:30

New Years Drinking

Went to the store to get some Asti for my wife and sake for myself. Sadly, I am short on funds currently and had to get cheap Asti and cheap sake.

Saw that Absolut Tune stuff and I would have bought that were it not 30 bucks. I know one of y'all mentioned that stuff before...

Normally for New Years I go out to drink with friends, but this year I'm staying home even though my brother is hosting a poker party using the poker table I got him. The reason is that every year my wife complains that we've never celebrated New Year together, so this year I'm spending it with her.

Anybody else already get their booze shopping done?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-28 17:21:21

At 12/28/13 12:34 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Anybody else already get their booze shopping done?

Got a couple of bottles of champagne, one's just under $50 and the other is about $20.

Now for a sensitive question for everyone. Not that I condone drinking and driving, but I'm curious how many of you at some point in their life have maybe had a couple too many and driven. I work with a guy who's a seasoned drinker and got busted with a BAC of .09. The kicker is that even the cop said he wasn't drunk.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-29 13:59:19

At 12/28/13 05:21 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Now for a sensitive question for everyone. Not that I condone drinking and driving, but I'm curious how many of you at some point in their life have maybe had a couple too many and driven. I work with a guy who's a seasoned drinker and got busted with a BAC of .09. The kicker is that even the cop said he wasn't drunk.

Lots and lots of times. Being a cutie means I don't get in trouble, though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-30 21:47:45

At 12/28/13 05:21 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 12/28/13 12:34 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Anybody else already get their booze shopping done?
Got a couple of bottles of champagne, one's just under $50 and the other is about $20.

Now for a sensitive question for everyone. Not that I condone drinking and driving, but I'm curious how many of you at some point in their life have maybe had a couple too many and driven. I work with a guy who's a seasoned drinker and got busted with a BAC of .09. The kicker is that even the cop said he wasn't drunk.

I drank and drove ONCE. After about a whole fifth of Aristocrat. Long story short, I drove into a ditch about a quarter mile from my house. The cop showed up, and I got reckless driving (inability to maintain control of the vehicle), driving without a valid operator's license, and minor in possession of alcohol. So, while it sounds like I was totally fucked, the cop was one of the greatest humans I've ever met in life and he didn't give me a DUI, thank God. Actually wrote down his home number on the summons and told me to call him if I ever needed anything. Thankfully, this was all before I turned 18, so it's now totally off my record. That was a really bad day, haha

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-30 21:51:18

And I apologize for the double-post, but I neglected to mention that the aformentioned time I drank and drove was the last time I ever drank and drove, and it will continue to stay that way. That shit is HARD. Plus, I don't wanna end up like the dude in Ohio who killed that guy driving drunk. He ended up getting away with it, felt guilty, and made a YT video confessing. Sentenced to 6 1/2 years in prison, and a lifetime license suspension. The sad thing is, he was a small, handsome white guy. Based on things I've read about prison rape, he's almost 100% definitely going to get raped in prison.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-12-30 23:16:02

At 12/28/13 05:21 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Now for a sensitive question for everyone. Not that I condone drinking and driving, but I'm curious how many of you at some point in their life have maybe had a couple too many and driven.

Absolutely never. I have ridden with drunk drivers though.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-01 00:37:49

At 12/31/13 01:19 PM, Conal wrote: Guy, guys; how much are you drinking for NYE? I think I'm getting absolutely cunted. I ran out of stuff from Christmas, so me & some people are going to a pub.

I stayed home with my wife so I only had 4 beers and several glugs of sake to ring in the new year.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-03 09:09:20

Didn't do a great deal of drinkin on new years suprisingly. Had a few cocktails early in the evening, felt like i had enough, and just coasted it the rest of the way. It was fine I guess.

I'll be swinging up to portland in a few weeks, im curious about their hipster beer selection... also I've never been and itll be my birthday that weekend so may as well.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-03 21:46:37

All right, men! I lost my job and I need a drink to sooth myself!

What do you suggest I buy?

I might actually take your advice on this!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-04 19:13:39

At 1/3/14 09:46 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: All right, men! I lost my job and I need a drink to sooth myself!

What do you suggest I buy?

I might actually take your advice on this!

Well that sucks balls. Drink some JD on ice, something rough to match your mood.

Or if you want a personal favorite of mine, Absolut Raspberri with soda splash of cranberry.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-07 03:26:32

Well.. I rang in the new year with lots of drinking. For the first 3 or 4 days of the year. The downside, had some (fiiiine) ass guaranteed to myself, in the shower, nonetheless. Got so drunk I ended up falling asleep as soon as we hit the sheets. Though I feel these words to be blasphemy in the NGAA, I kinda hate alcohol just a little bit now, haha.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-11 17:32:11

Made a new cocktail a week ago that the bitches I work with really like.

1 part Midori
1 part Hpnotiq
Soda Water
Splash of Cranberry

It layers really nicely too, the Midori settles on the bottom and the cran and soda sit on top. They're stoners too so they liked the Rasta colors.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-11 21:41:53

At 1/11/14 05:32 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Made a new cocktail a week ago that the bitches I work with really like.

1 part Midori
1 part Hpnotiq
Soda Water
Splash of Cranberry

It layers really nicely too, the Midori settles on the bottom and the cran and soda sit on top. They're stoners too so they liked the Rasta colors.

Rasta? Hypnotiq is light blue. How do red, blue and green mean Rasta?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-12 06:03:14

At 1/11/14 09:41 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Rasta? Hypnotiq is light blue. How do red, blue and green mean Rasta?

No idea, I'm not part of the 420 crowd. The Midori's green overpowers the Hypnotiq and the soda cran sits on top, so it's just green and red.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-01-14 19:05:56

At 1/11/14 05:32 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Made a new cocktail a week ago that the bitches I work with really like.

1 part Midori
1 part Hpnotiq
Soda Water
Splash of Cranberry

That sounds really fantastic, actually. Next time I have some cash in my pocket and some women-folk to impress, I may give this a try.

The only drink I've ever had with Midori was a Midori Sour, and it was fantastic. Hypnotiq on it's own is great as well. Mixing and adding cranberry and soda water? Sounds like a recipe for awesome! Have you thought up a name for this new concoction?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-02-05 23:39:36

At 1/14/14 07:05 PM, AmateurPsychonaut wrote: The only drink I've ever had with Midori was a Midori Sour, and it was fantastic. Hypnotiq on it's own is great as well. Mixing and adding cranberry and soda water? Sounds like a recipe for awesome! Have you thought up a name for this new concoction?

Not yet, I'm trying to think of something risque but short.

Subject of the moment, tequila, who's had lots of it and what kinds do you prefer?

Personally I haven't tried a lot, Jose (nasty), El Jimador (nasty), Sauza (nasty), Corralejo (nastiest), Patron, Don Julio, and my favorite so far Corzo. I've had a few others but they were a long time ago.

Also, do your clothes fall off when you drink it?

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-02-09 15:01:34

You guys ever post while wasted? I did, and didn't make an ass out of myself.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-02-13 21:06:06

Tequila

Patron is actually good, but all the other tequila I've had straight tastes kinda like shit.

Drunk Posting

I may well have, but I just can't remember ATM.

Bombay Sapphire East

A buddy of mine (which buddy it is is currently unknown to me) gave me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire East as a gift. First of all, beautiful bottle. Second, I didn't know this existed until I received it. So, without reading the label I had a sip and was instantly dumbstruck. Black pepper was on my tongue and I couldn't understand why.

Apparently, what the East means is that they added black pepper and lemongrass. This is a complex and very nice gin, my friends. I recommend you taste it for yourselves.

As I have no class and took a picture of it sitting on the stairs.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-02 15:06:21

At 2/13/14 09:06 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Bombay Sapphire East

A buddy of mine (which buddy it is is currently unknown to me) gave me a bottle of Bombay Sapphire East as a gift. First of all, beautiful bottle. Second, I didn't know this existed until I received it. So, without reading the label I had a sip and was instantly dumbstruck. Black pepper was on my tongue and I couldn't understand why.

Apparently, what the East means is that they added black pepper and lemongrass. This is a complex and very nice gin, my friends. I recommend you taste it for yourselves.

As I have no class and took a picture of it sitting on the stairs.

I was in love with the bottle as soon as I seen it, and Bombay Sapphire is my favorite gin. Bombay East sounds like heaven. Recently seen Bombay Sapphire Laverstoke, not sure if they did anything with the Gin, but I would have sex with the bottle. Retail Price would be almost $100 though, so I won't be buying it.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-02 20:30:11

At 3/2/14 03:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
I was in love with the bottle as soon as I seen it, and Bombay Sapphire is my favorite gin. Bombay East sounds like heaven. Recently seen Bombay Sapphire Laverstoke, not sure if they did anything with the Gin, but I would have sex with the bottle. Retail Price would be almost $100 though, so I won't be buying it.

I think it's just a limited edition bottle.

Still haven't tried Hendrick's gin.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-03 16:33:52

Hey look a thread In my honor

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-04 20:51:17

Drinkin' beer tonight. No reason. Just a keep on drinkin'.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-08 22:29:52

I haven't been on Newgrounds in years and I can't believe this club is still going strong! Makes me feel a warm and fuzzy on the inside :D

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-09 17:34:39

Since Macallan stopped distributing the 10, 12, 15, and 18 year single malts in Canada and replaced them with the 1824 series, I've really been into the Glenfiddich 15 Solera. It has a sweeter taste that's really enjoyable, and for $50 I can drink it every day.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-14 14:00:32

I bought a bottle of dry vermouth for no real reason. Never had straight vermouth before, only had it in martinis.

Tastes like sake except with this weird sweet overtone in the back. Tried to make martinis without knowing what the ratios are. Didn't turn out so great, would rather drink straight gin anyway, lol.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-14 17:17:25

At 3/14/14 02:00 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I bought a bottle of dry vermouth for no real reason. Never had straight vermouth before, only had it in martinis.

Tastes like sake except with this weird sweet overtone in the back. Tried to make martinis without knowing what the ratios are. Didn't turn out so great, would rather drink straight gin anyway, lol.

I came up with the perfect ratio for the driest martini. You pour six jiggers of gin, and you drink it while staring at a picture of Lorenzo Schwartz, the inventor of Vermouth.

Lol MASH

Dry vermouth doesn't agree with my taste at all, I'd rather drink Campari which is also disgusting, but I can at least get accustom to that. Sweet red vermouth is delicious when it's cold, never had a sweet white vermouth though.

What's everyone up to for St. Paddy's day weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-15 12:43:18

At 3/14/14 05:17 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Dry vermouth doesn't agree with my taste at all, I'd rather drink Campari which is also disgusting, but I can at least get accustom to that. Sweet red vermouth is delicious when it's cold, never had a sweet white vermouth though.

I haven't had campari (that I know of) unless I had it in a mix. I have never ordered a martini with sweet vermouth or a dirty martini. I always order dry (usually without ice, too). Maybe I should shake things up.

What's everyone up to for St. Paddy's day weekend?

Not sure. I already did my St. Patty's Day thing with the guys the other day (work schedules). That was when I drank gin and vermouth (interestingly, I didn't drink a single pint of beer...).

Well, I haven't had a gin and tonic in over a month, so I'm thinking after the kids go to bed I'll have a few beers, a gin and tonic and a glass of brandy. It's just too bad I forgot to get tonic water and brandy.

Wait, I know! I'll make a gin and beer mix! Ha, no. Might actually try that with a nice IPA and some New Amsterdam gin sometime.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-17 12:52:07

Happy Saint Patrick's day!

I bought a bottle of tonic water!

Why is it so hard to find tonic water w/o salt? Salt makes it gross. I also don't want sugar in it, who likes that?

I believe we're breaking out the mead and gin tonight.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-17 15:50:18

At 3/15/14 12:43 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I haven't had campari (that I know of) unless I had it in a mix. I have never ordered a martini with sweet vermouth or a dirty martini. I always order dry (usually without ice, too). Maybe I should shake things up.

You'd know if you had Campari, tastes like you biting into a very bitter flower. Try sweet vermouth on it's own, it's really good, reminds me of flat Coke.

Well, I haven't had a gin and tonic in over a month, so I'm thinking after the kids go to bed I'll have a few beers, a gin and tonic and a glass of brandy. It's just too bad I forgot to get tonic water and brandy.

What brandy do you drink?

Wait, I know! I'll make a gin and beer mix! Ha, no. Might actually try that with a nice IPA and some New Amsterdam gin sometime.

That sounds curious, let me know how it goes.

Why is it so hard to find tonic water w/o salt? Salt makes it gross. I also don't want sugar in it, who likes that?

I've only Canada Dry's tonic water, which I imagine would have both salt and definitely sugar.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2014-03-17 18:22:58

Going to be in Vegas next week for the Nightclub and Bar show if any of you alcoholics want to get tanked.

BBS Signature