00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,474 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-10 19:18:41

At 7/10/08 07:07 PM, 36Holla wrote: All the same, you stand to make some decent tips when you work. Not sure how different it is over there, but here people feel obligated to tip the bartender at least a dollar per order. And if you don't get good tips then maybe you still get to take some beers home with ya.

Actually, tipping over here are much less of a big deal then it is in a lot of other places. Whenever I go to a restaurant or something, though, and my waiter/waitress is particularly good, I'll feel obliged to tip them a reasonable amount. If the service is poor, I'll only tip a little bit.

With bartenders, though, it's quite rare that the customer will tip them. Occasionally someone will tell them to keep the change from whatever bank note they're handing over, but it often won't be much. I suppose that's a tip in a way, though.

Nevertheless, tipping is much better in the restaurant business than in the pub/bar/club business. I there aren't really any standard tipping guideline rates over here, which I believe there are in the US?

Still, I'll probably be getting a fair amount of free/cheap drinks, and being bar-trained is a good thing to have under your belt when you head off to university, as it means that you can be out at the bar, still meet people, and be getting paid for it. Sure, you're not drinking, but if someone offered to pay me not to drink for a few hours a week, pretty easy money. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-10 19:38:23

I have never tipped barstaff, except for once in Madrid, and that was an exception, since they did food too, and they deserved it for the amaazing prices they gave us.

Apart from that, I have never ever tipped barstaff, and I am certainly not alone in this. Tipping barstaff just isn't done in england. Either you say 'keep the change' or 'buy yourself a drink' but apart from that, nothing happens. At resturants, 10% is often expected, but nothing is set in stone there either, and it's entirely up to the customer.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-11 04:39:44

At 7/10/08 07:38 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I have never tipped barstaff

Likewise. Like you said, I think the closest I've came is saying "keep the change" if it isn't worth sticking around for.
Us Englishmen are tight bastards :P

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-11 05:08:07

I haven't really given this Weekend any thought when it comes to drinking. I'll probably just buy some Beers at the Denner and go for a nice drinking Session up in the Forest at the Fireplace. I love that Spot there's everything you could want: a Fountain to cool the Drinks in, a Fireplace to be warm and cook Sausages and last but not least a great View of the Lake and the Mountains. Which brings me to a Question what are you're favourite dinking Spots and why?

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-11 05:29:38

At 7/11/08 05:08 AM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: Which brings me to a Question what are you're favourite dinking Spots and why?

My favourite drinking spots are any pub or bar. Why? Because those places have been designed to drink, and because I live in Belgium =P

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-11 20:00:27

My watering hole? I have a local pub, and while the beer isn't amazing value or anything, they have carlsberg export on tap, the jukebox is £2 for 9 songs (best value in my town), and the pool table is 50p (best value in town by far)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-11 22:32:44

At 7/11/08 08:00 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: and the pool table is 50p (best value in town by far)

I have a pub next door where the pool table is 50p. Most other places I've been it's either 80p or £1, which I think is a bit much.

It's 3:30am here and I just got back from a house party. Only had three beers over the duration of the night, so I thought I'd drive home and drop off a few friends on the way. Matters weren't helped by the fact that I got into a fight with a good friend of mine, who decided to take a holier-than-thou attitude on my smoking habits for some reason (despite smoking himself during the night?) and wanted to take my 3 remaining cigarettes off me. I told him that if he tried to take them, I'd hit him.

He tried to take them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-12 07:25:24

At 7/11/08 08:00 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: the jukebox is £2 for 9 songs (best value in my town)

Also, the jukebox has a MASSIVE collection of alternative, rock, classic rock, even heavy metal. Whereas the jukebox in the other pub we go to has, for example, no Pink Floyd, and one Who song.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-12 08:06:19

And here in Belgium, the music is free and in the pub I usually go to you can just walk up to the computer and modify the playlist, as long as you don't fuck with it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-12 08:28:20

And here in my house, the beer is supermarket prices, the music is entirely my pick, and a bunch of my friends are coming round in five hours to share this revalation with me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 03:09:13

I haven't slept in 25 hours and 40 minutes. I drank so many shots last night which was a bad idea mixed in with beer and soco lemon and lime. I'm almost certainly still fairly drunk. I'm scarred to go to sleep because of the horrible hangover i'llget, I;'m considering staying up till i start halluciniating. I likw pie. That is all.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 04:32:44

I just got off my ride along patrol for my internship and I got a chance to see a different perspective on people who were drinking. We were doing a premise check on a park that had a bunch of tents in it for an art show over the weekend, and we found these two drunk guys pulling down tents.

The officer I was with gets out of the car and just says 'What the fuck are you doing?' and that immediately wiped the smirks off their faces. And it wasn't like these guys were kids. They were adults being idiots.

We got them for vandalism tickets and made them put the tents back up as we watched in the car. They were really drunk too so they kept messing up and the tent was falling down on top of them. Man that was funny shit. Finally they got it up and the officer told them to get the fuck out of there.

Good shit.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 09:53:44

At 7/12/08 08:28 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: And here in my house, the beer is supermarket prices, the music is entirely my pick, and a bunch of my friends are coming round in five hours to share this revalation with me.

Have you guys ever had Dr Peppers? Quarter pint of coke, quarter pint of lager, and then a depth-charge (drop the shot glass into the glass, then neck it so it mixes in your mouth) of amaretto.

Man I got fucked last night on some of them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 11:26:52

My friend did depth charges with whiskey in snakebite. He threw up all over some other guy's bed later that night, which I found fucking hilarious, especially seeing as the vomit was blackcurrent-coloured.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 11:47:59

Just posting to tell you you won't see me the next 10 days because I'll be getting drunk on youth club camp. It's going to be awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-13 12:04:37

Nah no Dr. Peppers, but I have had a lunch box which is half beer, half orange juice and a shot of amaretto. Sounds bad I know, but it tastes freaking delicious.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-14 07:05:01

I'm already dreading this Week because all my Friends are on Holiday and the Weather's shit. How am I supposed to get a good Night out under these Circumstances. Unless my Brother lets me hang out with his Group. I just regained a bit of Hope now because one of my main drinking Buddies might still be around, Fingers crossed.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-14 22:20:32

Been trying Gin this evening. I was pleasantly surprised -- it's really nice. Has a hint of citrus, and doesn't taste nearly as strong as it is. Goes down quite easily, I must say. A new favourite, perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-14 23:51:54

At 7/14/08 10:20 PM, NEVR wrote: Been trying Gin this evening. I was pleasantly surprised -- it's really nice. Has a hint of citrus, and doesn't taste nearly as strong as it is. Goes down quite easily, I must say. A new favourite, perhaps?

Well good for you if you like that stuff, but to me it tastes like a pine tree. It's one of the few hard alcohols I've had that I just hated off the bat. I even tried it with tonic, but it didn't help much. I'm a pansy =(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 08:49:27

I had a Coor's the other night while my girlfriend was out drinking for her birthday. Lucky bitch :P jk :) I havn't actually been drinking in a while really. Can't wait till next year though. I'll be 19 and legal to drink :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 14:24:25

Oh man, nothing beats a good G+T on a summers evening.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 14:55:15

At 7/14/08 11:51 PM, 36Holla wrote: Well good for you if you like that stuff, but to me it tastes like a pine tree.

LOL! A pine tree, huh? Could be the brand you had, I dunno. The stuff I had was pretty nice, but then, it's all about personal taste.

It's one of the few hard alcohols I've had that I just hated off the bat. I even tried it with tonic, but it didn't help much. I'm a pansy =(

Nah, it's just taste, like I said. For example, I know so many people who love Southern Comfort, but I can't stand the stuff. Just tastes awful to me.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 15:25:54

how bad does everyone get beer shits?
id say they are the best form of diaoreah, the cramps aren't to bad, and they slip right out, and aren't even that wet,

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 16:11:40

Beer shits?

Please, continue.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 17:49:21

At 7/15/08 03:25 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: how bad does everyone get beer shits?
id say they are the best form of diaoreah, the cramps aren't to bad, and they slip right out, and aren't even that wet,

Yeah I get Beer shits they're ok, better than Headaches and shit I don't get the morning after.
@BBM
Beer shits are basically shits you get after drinking beer, they're like diarrhea, and they smell ike shit with a hint of beer smell. An odd phenomenon indeed :-S I also get beer farts basically the same thing in a fart form.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 19:16:05

Beer shits are nothing compared to jager shits. It's not that they're different in form, there's just a lot more of it, and it sneaks up on you. Case in point, last semester at school, I had to rush out of one of my tests most unexpectedly to find the nearest bathroom. Going in I felt ok albeit a bit hung over from the night before, but still good enough for the test and then half way through I felt it with a force. I never drank on a Sunday for the rest of the year because of that.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 22:50:31

I'm out of beer right now. I wouldn't be if my girlfriends roomie did't drink all of them, damn it. I was keeping up a pretty good streak of wasted, too. Oh well, this weekend I'm going to drink in the woods with a shit ton of good friends, take off my clothes, canoe race, throw up, etc.

Like this crew.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-15 22:51:59

At 7/15/08 10:50 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: Oh well, this weekend I'm going to drink in the woods with a shit ton of good friends, take off my clothes, canoe race, throw up, etc.

You sound like you'd be an excellent person to get drunk with ;P

CANOE RACE FTW

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-16 09:24:40

I was FINALLY able to get drunk last night :) I was helping my girlfriend move into her new apartment. Was about 10 people all together helping out. We moved a few loads of furniture, boxes, etc. to the new place, than came back home and had some pizza and beer. I had a beer and it tasted pretty good.. so I downed a second. Next thing you knew I downed my fourth beer and was feeling pretty good :) The unfortunate thing for me was, my mom was picking me up soon. Hmm... So I get in my mom's car and we drive home, was kinda nervous she'd know, but surprisingly had no idea. I got home and went right to bed. Talk about a close call :P I can't wait till March. I'll be 19 and legal to drink whenever I want :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-07-16 09:43:31

At 7/16/08 09:24 AM, UnknownFear wrote: I was FINALLY able to get drunk last night :) I was helping my girlfriend move into her new apartment. Was about 10 people all together helping out. We moved a few loads of furniture, boxes, etc. to the new place, than came back home and had some pizza and beer. I had a beer and it tasted pretty good.. so I downed a second. Next thing you knew I downed my fourth beer and was feeling pretty good :) The unfortunate thing for me was, my mom was picking me up soon. Hmm... So I get in my mom's car and we drive home, was kinda nervous she'd know, but surprisingly had no idea. I got home and went right to bed. Talk about a close call :P I can't wait till March. I'll be 19 and legal to drink whenever I want :)

Good for you. All my friends have been gone since Monday or Sunday I don't know which but they'll be coming back this weekend I think and I'm bored to tears. When they come back we need to do some serious drinking. It's been one and a half weeks since I last was Drunk. Which isn't really so much of a problem. It's more that I'm bored out of my mind and I have to go for another few days without them. I haven't done anything in days because there's no one here to do anything with.
End of Rant

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature