00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,472 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-08-20 09:12:45

At 8/17/11 02:40 PM, Lagatag wrote:
At 8/17/11 05:31 AM, chiefindomer wrote:
At 8/16/11 08:01 PM, Lagatag wrote: Also I picked up a bottle of this today, it's really good. I've had the wild turkey variety in the past.
Which would you say is better?
I'd say the Jack Daniels version is a bit sweeter and it also has a slight caramel taste. Both of them are pretty good though and you can definitely taste the honey.

I hated the Wild Turkey version. It ruins the smokiness of the bourbon in my opinion. Havent had it in the JD version, i was never a fan of JD so maybe the honey will make it better.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-08-20 16:59:50

At 8/17/11 05:31 AM, chiefindomer wrote:
At 8/16/11 08:01 PM, Lagatag wrote: Also I picked up a bottle of this today, it's really good. I've had the wild turkey variety in the past.

This intrigues me strangely .

Which would you say is better?

I was planning on picking up some of the Wild Turkey American Honey. I heard it's pretty tasty and it's good to cook with as well. I was planning on grilling some BBQ ribs one day and using a little of it in the BBQ sauce.

That sounds like it would be amazing. I've infused cigars with bourbon before (Failed experiment unfortunately), I'm curious how honey bourbon cigars would taste.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-02 09:40:21

Got myself some Kraken Black Spiced Rum and a few Jim Beam and Coke in a can the other night. This was followed by a couple of pints of Boddingtons, was a good night. Shame that some of it is a blur.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-02 22:30:18

At 9/2/11 09:40 AM, Decky wrote: Got myself some Kraken Black Spiced Rum and a few Jim Beam and Coke in a can the other night. This was followed by a couple of pints of Boddingtons, was a good night. Shame that some of it is a blur.

How did you like Kraken? Is it spiced rum a la captain morgan or wat? The design of the label I found cool, I just didnt want to gamble on something I wouldnt like. For instance I dont like the taste of appleton rum or brugal. Speaking of black, if you get a chance to try Blavod black vodka do, in particular a blavod redbull is great. Its become hard to find, I wonder if the producer wemt tits up?

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-03 06:17:08

At 9/2/11 09:40 AM, Decky wrote: followed by a couple of pints of Boddingtons

Did you actually enjoy that stuff? I always seem amazed when people like that stuff. I've only had a few cans, which probably isn't as good as what comes from the tap, but it tasted pathetic. I've probably brought this up in here before, but yea, I find Boddingtons to be one of the worst tasting beers I've had.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-04 11:10:13

What are you opinions on ale? I'm supposed to like it because I'm British, but I honestly can't stand any forms of it that I've tried. Also my new favourite beer is Tsing Tao, it's sold in Tescos for £1 for a big 650ml bottle.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-04 20:13:31

At 9/4/11 11:10 AM, Dromedary wrote: What are you opinions on ale?

I pretty much feel the same about ale as I do any other type of beer, some are pretty good, some are ok, some are not so good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-05 09:38:03

At 9/2/11 10:30 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/2/11 09:40 AM, Decky wrote: Got myself some Kraken Black Spiced Rum and a few Jim Beam and Coke in a can the other night.
How did you like Kraken? Is it spiced rum a la captain morgan or wat? The design of the label I found cool, I just didnt want to gamble on something I wouldnt like.

I found it to have an almost smokey flavour compared to Captain Morgan. I did like it although I think I know where you are coming from when you said you didn't wanna gamble on something that you might not like. I was abit worried due to the price and the fact that I bought it because of how the bottle looked.

At 9/3/11 06:17 AM, Dean wrote:
At 9/2/11 09:40 AM, Decky wrote: followed by a couple of pints of Boddingtons
Did you actually enjoy that stuff?

Boddingtons is by far my favourite ale, so yes :).

I always seem amazed when people like that stuff. I've only had a few cans, which probably isn't as good as what comes from the tap, but it tasted pathetic. I've probably brought this up in here before, but yea, I find Boddingtons to be one of the worst tasting beers I've had.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Although it has to be said that from a can there are better ales out there.

At 9/4/11 11:10 AM, Dromedary wrote: What are you opinions on ale? I'm supposed to like it because I'm British, but I honestly can't stand any forms of it that I've tried. Also my new favourite beer is Tsing Tao, it's sold in Tescos for £1 for a big 650ml bottle.

I'm British but I would consider it more the typical drinking habit of a modern Brit to be a few cans of Lager instead of ale. Ale seems to be the reserve of the older gent nowadays.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-05 11:09:51

It's my birthday in a week. Planning a hearty drinking session and some light drug abuse for next Monday :D

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-06 23:02:56

At 9/2/11 10:30 PM, Luis wrote:
How did you like Kraken? Is it spiced rum a la captain morgan or wat? The design of the label I found cool, I just didnt want to gamble on something I wouldnt like.

I've had Kraken. It's definitely not anything like Captain Morgan's Dark Rum. Black rum for one thing, is stronger, and it's got a pretty powerful taste. I found I couldn't drink very much at a time.

It's an acquired taste IMO.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-09-07 09:33:28

At 9/6/11 11:02 PM, brokendeck wrote: I've had Kraken. It's definitely not anything like Captain Morgan's Dark Rum. Black rum for one thing, is stronger, and it's got a pretty powerful taste. I found I couldn't drink very much at a time.

I liked it, I thought it had a caramel like after taste. Although I have to agree with you when you say you couldn't drink too much of it at a time. After a while it did take a break from it and move on to other drinks. Possibly a bad idea.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-10-21 10:40:37

Feels like ages since I've posted in this topic.

Going out for a meal with my family tonight so I'll have a few pints along with some quality food. Debating hitting the town afterwards though. Texted a few mates to see if they fancy it. Only drawback is, I've got work in the morning. Did it a few weeks ago though and felt fine by the time my shift started, in-spite of mixing a whole load of cocktails and what not.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-10-29 23:09:03

At 8/17/11 02:40 PM, Lagatag wrote: I'd say the Jack Daniels version is a bit sweeter and it also has a slight caramel taste. Both of them are pretty good though and you can definitely taste the honey.

Well, I finally got around to picking up a bottle of it. I really enjoyed it and so did my uncle, it has a pleasant flavor and goes down nice and smooth. My uncle even liked it enough to pick up another bottle to share with his drinking buddies.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-15 08:42:47

Heading to the pub in an hour or so. Gonna chill there until the England match, then meet up with a load of mates to watch it and then head out after. Definitely gonna make it a big one. Got £100 to blow, with an extra £50 if necessary. I'd like to avoid spending that £50 if possible though. We shall see.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-15 09:18:06

At 11/15/11 08:42 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Heading to the pub in an hour or so. Gonna chill there until the England match, then meet up with a load of mates to watch it and then head out after.

Not abig football fan to be honest but I have to admit it is good to go to the pub and watch a match with your mate every now and again.

Got £100 to blow, with an extra £50 if necessary. I'd like to avoid spending that £50 if possible though. We shall see.

I'd say start with some pint and then move on to the whiskeys after the match. A drink to celebrate or drown your sorrows. Either way you'll get drunk.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 08:43:28

A sad tale: I tried mixing a Blue Moon with some Mountain Dew and it tasted like shit.

I guess I'm not a very good mixer....

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 09:14:40

At 11/18/11 08:43 AM, ZJ wrote: A sad tale: I tried mixing a Blue Moon with some Mountain Dew and it tasted like shit.

When it comes to mixers you have to try a black velvet (Guinness and Champagne), especially at this time of year. Don't know why it just seems christmasy.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 14:05:35

At 11/18/11 08:43 AM, ZJ wrote: A sad tale: I tried mixing a Blue Moon with some Mountain Dew and it tasted like shit.

Blue Moon as in the beer? I don't think I'd like any kind of beer mixed with Mountain Dew or any other soda for that matter. If you want to start mixing stuff, try mixing vodka or certain flavors of schnapps with different fruit juices or apple cider. It's pretty easy to come up with something that tastes good that way. Also, you could always go with something else simple like rum or whiskey mixed with some kind of soda, I'd mainly recommend using Dr. Pepper or Coke, but you could try it with other sodas as well.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 17:22:48

I got my own bottle of hard apple cider, which I've never had before. I just had a little sip and it's not bad. I've never posted here, by the way. I usually drink straight whiskey, but I like lots of stuff. I love Jagermeister. As for beer, my current favorite is Shock Top. And when I'm at a restaurant, I really like sangria if they have it (with a few shots on the side).

At 11/15/11 08:42 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Heading to the pub in an hour or so. Gonna chill there until the England match, then meet up with a load of mates to watch it and then head out after. Definitely gonna make it a big one. Got £100 to blow, with an extra £50 if necessary. I'd like to avoid spending that £50 if possible though. We shall see.

100 all at a bar? Why don't you spend a good amount of that at a liquor store instead? I like to hang at bars, but I usually just get a cheap beer or two on tap and maybe a mixed drink. A Tom Collins is my thing. If I'm drinking straight liquor, I usually get my own bottle. Over here, it's 5 bucks for a shot. screw that.

How could you expect that to taste good? Why would you even mix any kind of beer with anything, especially Blue Moon, which is great as it is? Try mixing vodka or whiskey or something. I was thinking of mixing vodka with pineapple juice and grenadine later. Also, I recently found that a little whiskey ain't bad in a glass of Arnold Palmer.

At 11/18/11 09:14 AM, Decky wrote: When it comes to mixers you have to try a black velvet (Guinness and Champagne)

I've never heard of that, but I love Guinness and I love champagne. I'd probably rather just have either on their own, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 17:59:18

Hi there, good folks of this club!

Today I made a discovery and this seems to be the right place to share it with: I'm having orgasm like sensations drinking cocoa with cognac. Any of you guys ever tried that?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 18:31:53

At 11/18/11 05:59 PM, JPRixdorfer wrote: Hi there, good folks of this club!

Today I made a discovery and this seems to be the right place to share it with: I'm having orgasm like sensations drinking cocoa with cognac. Any of you guys ever tried that?

Can't say I have, I've never mixed any alcohol with cocoa before. Although, I have put a shot of Bailey's and a shot of Tullamore in my coffee on a few occasions and it turned out pretty good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-18 18:37:58

I think Baileys or Kahlua sound like better choices for cocoa, unless there's some sort of chocolate flavored liqueur out there. I don't know of any.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-19 05:46:36

At 11/18/11 06:37 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: unless there's some sort of chocolate flavored liqueur out there. I don't know of any.

We have "Berentzen Großmutters Schoko Geheimnis" here, but trust me: Cognac is perfect. Today i found out the spanish did that for a long time, it's called Lumumba.

I like mixing Bailey's with milk, that's a good one too.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-19 06:03:57

At 11/18/11 05:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/18/11 09:14 AM, Decky wrote: When it comes to mixers you have to try a black velvet (Guinness and Champagne)
I've never heard of that, but I love Guinness and I love champagne. I'd probably rather just have either on their own, though.

You'r missing out. It's a great drink which surprises you with it's taste. It tastes nothing like you are probably imagineing. I'd suggest you try it at least once.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-19 19:44:58

At 10/29/11 11:09 PM, chiefindomer wrote:
At 8/17/11 02:40 PM, Lagatag wrote: I'd say the Jack Daniels version is a bit sweeter and it also has a slight caramel taste. Both of them are pretty good though and you can definitely taste the honey.
Well, I finally got around to picking up a bottle of it. I really enjoyed it and so did my uncle, it has a pleasant flavor and goes down nice and smooth. My uncle even liked it enough to pick up another bottle to share with his drinking buddies.

Shame they don't sell this stuff in the UK yet, it looks super tasty. I do like Jack Daniel's so I'm looking forward to the day they bring this across the ocean and I can pick up a bottle. I did look at getting one online but couldn't find it for any cheaper than £33.99, which is a massive rip.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-19 22:20:17

At 11/19/11 07:44 PM, NEVR wrote: I did look at getting one online but couldn't find it for any cheaper than £33.99, which is a massive rip.

Yeah, that is a rip off. I got my bottle for somewhere around $22.00 after tax I believe. Anyway, I'll be drinking some of it tonight as well as trying Macallan for the first time, since my uncle gave me a little 50ml bottle to see what I think of it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-21 11:33:47

Consider me jelly. I haven't had whiskey for a while but I'm considering investing in a bottle of Maker's Mark when payday rolls around. I do love a good bourbon.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-21 11:57:22

Going on a staff night out on Sunday. Don't really know/like most of the people their so I'll be getting extra drunk as a little bit of entertainment :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-23 00:24:31

Have you guys seen that show Hotmixology? I want to try some of their ideas. There's one drink called the Spiderman Shot, which looks good. I forget the entire recipe, but it uses Blue Curacao.

At 11/19/11 05:46 AM, JPRixdorfer wrote:
At 11/18/11 06:37 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: unless there's some sort of chocolate flavored liqueur out there. I don't know of any.
We have "Berentzen Großmutters Schoko Geheimnis" here, but trust me: Cognac is perfect. Today i found out the spanish did that for a long time, it's called Lumumba.

You're German? I don't know of any German drinks other than Jager, which I love. I've mixed it with Red Bull, with root beer, and with Dr. Pepper. They all turned out to be delicious. Out of all foreign drinks I know of, I'm most interested in Gammel Dansk and Campari. I'm planning on quoting a price from Wine Searcher for Campari and ordering through my local liquor store, but Gammel Dansk is way too expensive. I remember Captain Morgan had a drink called Tattoo that was meant to compete with Jager, but they failed, which is too bad because it was great.

I like mixing Bailey's with milk, that's a good one too.

I've had that. We have a name for that here, but I forgot what it is. It's better with creamer, though. White Russians are good, too.

At 11/19/11 06:03 AM, Decky wrote: You'r missing out. It's a great drink which surprises you with it's taste.

If I happen to have both available to me at the same time, I'll give it a try.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-11-23 10:20:55

At 11/23/11 12:24 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
You're German? I don't know of any German drinks other than Jager, which I love.

We have a buttload of drinks. Jägermeister's just the most popular one on an international level. I actually never tried it, because I'm not into herbal schnaps. Best thing here's the beer - at least one true stereotype, eh? My favourite ones are dry northern german beers like Jever and Flensburger.

All that talking about Guinness and champagne is making me wanna try one. Sounds definetely worth a try. But I just like Guinness from a tap, which means It'll cost me a lot... someday!

Baileys with milk is delish, but it's very hard to get drunk on that :)