00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vst Thread

986 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Vst Thread 2008-05-19 19:32:42

hello

Im new but instead of wasting time i decided ill try to make a thread about the wonderful world of Vst Plugins

For those of you that dont know what a Vst Plugin is (all 3 of you :p just kidding ) Vst Plugins can best be described as external 3rd party downloads that allow you to add to audio software's Plethora of sounds either for free or at a certain cost (and yes their are many useful free plugins ). What they do ranges greatly and they come in many different forms from drum kits to effects to full blown "instruments",all of them having almost infinite variation. With Vst Plugins a digital musician are given countless instruments and sounds to chose from and the deal only gets sweeter since they are usually small and easy to install (from my experience in FL Studios 7 )

Feel within this Threads confines to post what kind of plugins you use. Tips and tricks about how to use one plugin or another. Suggest plugins to other users (do not spam though). And just talk about anything related to Steinberg's great invention

I hope this thread is put to good use and that i do not get flamed for this being my first post (Just trying to be helpful)

Thank you

and.......................GO!

Response to Vst Thread 2008-05-19 22:47:32

not a bad idea for a thread really. but a lot of us know about VST or VSTI's. dont get me wrong, it would be great to explain (in detail) about how to use VST's and what the advantages are. please feel free to look at this thread and go here to get some VST's, programs (free/demo/share/other) and other useful tools to get yourself started. and welcome to the NG audio family. hope to hear some smooth sounds soon :)

Response to Vst Thread 2008-05-20 06:01:37

At 5/19/08 10:47 PM, hellsmaw18 wrote: not a bad idea for a thread really. but a lot of us know about VST or VSTI's. dont get me wrong, it would be great to explain (in detail) about how to use VST's and what the advantages are. please feel free to look at this thread and go here to get some VST's, programs (free/demo/share/other) and other useful tools to get yourself started. and welcome to the NG audio family. hope to hear some smooth sounds soon :)

Thanks. I just thought it would have been cool to have a single place for people the post about vst instead of making a new thread each time they hit a roadblock and for people to say "hey check out this plugin!" instead of having them be scatter all about. ill be sure to check out the sonic spot soon (already got KV bookmarked) and i may upload a song shortly

good luck on your own audio experiments

Response to Vst Thread 2008-05-20 11:43:47

gah, im good at audio. surely not the greatest, but check out my audio submissions and youll see. right now im just saving up for a Roland EDI ROL PCR-800 USB Midi controller keyboard. expensive as hell right now thou... almost 400. but sooooo many features