00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

47,702 Views | 942 Replies

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:23:28

At 6/19/08 01:21 PM, HappyHarry87 wrote:
At 6/19/08 01:11 PM, diamond-armada wrote: cus I'm a tad bit confused how it all works. sorry I'm a bit noobish
It's really not complicated.

You roll into London and head towards the parliament of nerds congregating at the bottom of the London eye in Newgrounds shirts for 1pm. Then follow them around for the next 12 or so hours, going where they go, eating who they eat etc etc.

Btw, I had a fucked up dream yesterday that I came to the meet with my fucking sister of all people, and Luis had decided not to hold it in London, but instead hold it in 'Toon Town' out of Who framed Roger Rabbit. It was seriously odd.

That's pretty much it. If you're coming and know ahead of time, just post here so we know we might be expecting someone else.

Harry - that's a seriously weird dream.
I want to see that film now.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:26:55

At 6/19/08 01:21 PM, HappyHarry87 wrote: follow them around for the next 12 or so hours, going where they go, eating who they eat etc etc.

Good thing I have about as much cash as a racist hobo asking people for money in chinatown...

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:35:05

At 6/19/08 01:08 PM, diamond-armada wrote: ye i have a question. do you just, like, turn up? or is there something you need to do?

You dont need to do anything, just show up around 1ish... once we have a pretty good number of people / people start getting bored of standing around then we usually walk over to the namco.. If youre really paranoid or you are running late then just PM me for my cell phone as the date nears.

As for money goes, mostly everything we end up doing is on a starving artist budget so provided you have *some* money you should be fine. Or if you just want to hang out and not really partake in anything thats the free route.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:44:40

At 6/19/08 01:35 PM, Luis wrote:
At 6/19/08 01:08 PM, diamond-armada wrote: ye i have a question. do you just, like, turn up? or is there something you need to do?
You dont need to do anything, just show up around 1ish... once we have a pretty good number of people / people start getting bored of standing around then we usually walk over to the namco.. If youre really paranoid or you are running late then just PM me for my cell phone as the date nears.

As for money goes, mostly everything we end up doing is on a starving artist budget so provided you have *some* money you should be fine. Or if you just want to hang out and not really partake in anything thats the free route.

I might turn up then. But i'm 15 and I have to find my own way down from Leeds AND get back. But anyways, sounds gd, what kinda ppl can we expect there?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:51:53

At 6/19/08 01:44 PM, spamup99 wrote: I might turn up then. But i'm 15 and I have to find my own way down from Leeds AND get back. But anyways, sounds gd, what kinda ppl can we expect there?

Why excellent people like me... *Ahem*
You're going all the way from leeds on your own? On the UKs public transport? Good luck.

Also might we have a good old fashioned game of footy? That costs fuck all and entertains for ages if you go to Hyde park with a ball someone brings. That could be a devastating/hilarious fail also.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:52:41

At 6/18/08 05:04 PM, akasquid wrote:
At 6/18/08 02:11 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Plus if you don't come I wont no anybody there :(
Luis told me to go, so if I am available (like I won't be, what else do I have to do?) I'll be there. Simple matter of gathering funds now :D Should be easy though.

I want smulse to go ;D

Yay for Sam coming! You'll see something special my boy. Don't think smulse ever has a clue about this going down.

At 6/17/08 07:24 PM, Cally wrote:
At 6/17/08 07:22 PM, mranarchy wrote: Trocedero > Namco arcade

(it has shisha :D)
Agreed - though could probably hit one then the other. The Troc is a (shortish) hop on the tube to Waterloo. About a mile I think.

Trocedero sounds great, because of the shisha. Did I read that you can sit and have a beer in Namco?, cause if so I'll go to either. They both have good drawing-in points in my eyes.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:54:51

At 6/19/08 01:51 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: You're going all the way from leeds on your own? On the UKs public transport? Good luck.
Also might we have a good old fashioned game of footy? That costs fuck all and entertains for ages if you go to Hyde park with a ball someone brings. That could be a devastating/hilarious fail also.

Lulz! A bunch of Americans playing futbawl!
and yes, I might catch a train down

If Afro-Ninja is there, i'm definitly comin' down!

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:57:57

At 6/19/08 01:54 PM, akasquid wrote:
At 6/19/08 01:52 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Trocedero sounds great, because of the shisha.
Shisha? Smulse'll be there ;D

I'll direct him to this thread, see what he has to say about it. Smulse is another person I'd love to meet up with.
Football sounds like a great idea by the way. As someone said, it's free, and great fun in big numbers, even if your not a fan or not very good.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:59:10

At 6/19/08 01:54 PM, spamup99 wrote: Lulz! A bunch of Americans playing futbawl!
and yes, I might catch a train down
If Afro-Ninja is there, i'm definitly comin' down!

I think even though I have no skill compared to the type of people I play with normally, I might even do well in a kick about, could bring out a horrible game of heads and volleys if we really want an epic fail...

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 13:59:17

ok that sounds good :) thanx.

I live like in Rawdon. basically near Leeds. so by train how long would it take to get down to London, and which train?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:01:41

Don't get train if you're travelling long distance. Seriously. It'll cost you a fucking fortune.

Instead, look at www.megabus.com or www.nationalexpress.com

Long distance coaches are a LOT better value for money.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:02:46

ah ok then. thanx :)

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:15:41

At 6/19/08 02:01 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Don't get train if you're travelling long distance. Seriously. It'll cost you a fucking fortune.

I'm getting a train down from Hartlepool (near Newcastle). A friend of mine get's the train to London every couple of months or so and says it's actually pretty good value.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:22:53

I am seriously contemplating bringing along fake moustaches for everyone.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:24:48

At 6/19/08 02:22 PM, fat-barry wrote: I am seriously contemplating bringing along fake moustaches for everyone.

Like i said, They'll definetely get us past the skinhead bouncers at the bar. You bring the moustaches and I'll bring top hats and canes.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:32:27

At 6/19/08 02:22 PM, fat-barry wrote: I am seriously contemplating bringing along fake moustaches for everyone.

Pip pip old chap I say.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:33:19

At 6/19/08 01:21 PM, HappyHarry87 wrote: follow them around for the next 12 or so hours, going where they go, eating who they eat etc etc.

Hello Lisa! I'm Genghis Khan. Today, you'll go where I go. Defile, what I defile. Eat, who I eat. Hmmm?

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:34:14

At 6/19/08 02:24 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
Like i said, They'll definetely get us past the skinhead bouncers at the bar. You bring the moustaches and I'll bring top hats and canes.

I'm actually laughing at the thought.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:37:49

At 6/19/08 02:34 PM, fat-barry wrote:
At 6/19/08 02:24 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
I'm actually laughing at the thought.

Don't forget the Tuxedos with really long tails, oh and us all singing "There's no business like show business!" whilst dancing choreographed through the entrance of- wait i got distracted and forgot why we're doing this again?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 14:41:35

At 6/19/08 02:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
Hello Lisa! I'm Genghis Khan. Today, you'll go where I go. Defile, what I defile. Eat, who I eat. Hmmm?

That was the reference yes, but oh how I failed at paraphrasing it after all these years!

I'm up for the fake moustaches and overall 'toff' apparel, especially if the girls wear them.

I have to ask fat-barry, as you're such an experienced faux-facial hair peddler, where could a young buck like myself obtain some gen-yoo-wine Noddy Holder style mutton chop sideys? My mother won't donate me her own.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 15:03:32

At 6/19/08 02:41 PM, HappyHarry87 wrote: I'm up for the fake moustaches and overall 'toff' apparel, especially if the girls wear them.

I have to ask fat-barry, as you're such an experienced faux-facial hair peddler, where could a young buck like myself obtain some gen-yoo-wine Noddy Holder style mutton chop sideys? My mother won't donate me her own.

Thank you kind sir, I lol'd
My friend and I may well come dressed as Laurel and Hardy if the price is right.

Also were you aiming to like someone out of the sweeney or a WWI English Cpt. with those mutton chops?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 15:28:38

At 6/19/08 02:01 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Don't get train if you're travelling long distance. Seriously. It'll cost you a fucking fortune.

I agree with BBM... i dont know A LOT about coaches but i know that Mogly rides up from Torquay on the NatEx and it costs him dirt cheap cause he has a student discount or something.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:02:43

I told you kids to get ready for something special didn't I?

Don't worry, I'll be good, I promise :)

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:03:02

Aaaaaaah nice one!

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:07:32

At 6/19/08 04:02 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I told you kids to get ready for something special didn't I?

violent drunk eh? (first one) my my :O

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:09:42

not really, when i went to the ufc in london (from manchester) a couple of weeks ago, it cost me forty quid return. first class.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:13:14

At 6/19/08 04:07 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 6/19/08 04:02 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I told you kids to get ready for something special didn't I?
violent drunk eh? (first one) my my :O

Im usually very pleasant and will buy complete strangers drunk. That was an exception. Just about everyone hates the girl in qustion, she's depressing, etc. Basically knifing her would have done the world a favour ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:15:22

At 6/19/08 04:09 PM, jonthomson wrote:
not really, when i went to the ufc in london (from manchester) a couple of weeks ago, it cost me forty quid return. first class.

Eh, it costs a tenner each way on megabus.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 16:24:44

At 6/19/08 02:41 PM, HappyHarry87 wrote:
At 6/19/08 02:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
That was the reference yes, but oh how I failed at paraphrasing it after all these years!

I'm up for the fake moustaches and overall 'toff' apparel, especially if the girls wear them.

Ah, i'm sure some declined musky old custume shop will offer you a wide range of fine faux facial hairs. but personally i do not trust them.
I prefer to use my brand of faux facial hair, made with a secret formula...

.... OH OKAY, you've cracked me like a nut, the secret formula is unwashed pubes. But don't tell anyone, it generally puts them off, don't know why though.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-19 18:24:10

At 6/19/08 04:08 PM, Mendou wrote: If I had the money I'd only go to meet to meet Willi or Gagsy. Hardly know anyone else that's coming.

But you're missing the main point of these meets. It's so fun to actually meet new people. At the first Montreal meet we had, I knew no one, and yes, the first hour was pretty awkward for me, but the rest of the night was really cool. I actually ended dragging SOAS around cause that lazy bitch didn't want to walk :D

So basically, at this meet-up, I'll only know Luis plus Poozy and FBIpolux if they decide to show up. But still, I know it's gonna be awesome :)