00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Screenshot archive

146,342 Views | 1,736 Replies

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 21:52:32

Screenshot Contents

<< Pages 1-5 Contents
<< Pages 6-10 Contents
<< Pages 11-15 Contents
<< Pages 16-20 Contents

Page 21
- Review deletion notification
- Link to higher quality review deletion notification
- biteme2514 1,000 - 10,000 posts
- No obituaries
- altr @ level 23 & 2,222 posts (pre-redesign)
- Submission with 2 daily awards
- Voting error message variation
- Co-author glitch exploited by BFK
- 2004 P-bot's post
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #1
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #2
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #3
- Link to Safari inbox glitch
- BBS userbase glitch
- Yet another BBR 30-day ban
- Forum is empty screen

Page 22
- Pico holding mail
- Large Angry Faic
- LevelOneAccount screenshot
- YoinK: So are we still friends?
- Section of old P-Bot post
- Posting a thread in Network News forum
- life's "let's all jump on the bandwagon" picture
- Angry Faic shirt ad
- Posting a thread in P-Bot's posts forum
- NG Showdown w/ 4.72 score

I put the LevelOneAccount shot in there because I really can't be bothered to lose a debate with gfox about the pro's and con's of including/omitting it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 22:26:41

Ng from '01

General view
Header
News Post
Forums - Xmas Style ;)

Ng from 04'

Header

Helpful?
Or not?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 22:31:18

At 7/4/08 10:26 PM, FeindishDemon wrote: Helpful?
Or not?

Yeah, that kind of thing is cool. You can also post some pictures in this thread if you have any, but links to higher quality pictures are just as good, and I'll include them in the contents bit along with the rest of the screenies in here.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 22:35:44

At 7/4/08 10:31 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/4/08 10:26 PM, FeindishDemon wrote: Helpful?
Or not?
Yeah, that kind of thing is cool. You can also post some pictures in this thread if you have any, but links to higher quality pictures are just as good, and I'll include them in the contents bit along with the rest of the screenies in here.

I took those screens myself and uploaded them to picoodle. :)
Those are the highest quality pictures of any part of newgrounds I have right now.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 22:38:01

At 7/4/08 09:50 PM, NEVR wrote: Filler post, because I can't be assed to wait for ages for one more person to post in here, or possibly even concede defeat and go to sleep for the night, only to wake up to another half a page of screenshots without a contents list for the previous page anywhere in sight.

I went to sleep on Monday and woke up on Wednesday. Not sure where Tuesday went. What does the missing time mean NEVR? Alien abduction or beer-sodden bag of shit?

I searched through every page in here and nobody has posted this classic yet;

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

NG Screenshot archive

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 23:18:38

NG.MAG pieces:

Alphas + Nene hanging
Nene hanging + Pico over barcode
Devspot Banner only
Alphas Footer
NG community Banner only
NG.MAG header
NG.MAG

Eulogies:

Empty

*phew*
uploaded to imagetitan.info because of multi-u/l

Preview:

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-04 23:56:20

At 7/4/08 11:18 PM, FeindishDemon wrote: NG.MAG pieces:

Alphas + Nene hanging
Nene hanging + Pico over barcode
Devspot Banner only
Alphas Footer
NG community Banner only
NG.MAG header
NG.MAG

These link's will not load for me.....

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-05 14:37:08

At 6/29/08 10:37 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/29/08 10:09 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I found this amusing, him being a lvl 1 and being a general.
It is indeed amusing, but it's kinda pointless being recorded here, being that the user page is always there for people to go and see whenever they like.

One of the best parts of recording things here is that you can look back over the screen shots and think "ahh, I remember that". I can pretty much guarantee you that LevelOneAccount will remain the same as it has been since the redesign, so if people want to go see it, it makes more sense for them to go to the user page rather than here ;)

True, but it's interesting because he managed to go that high in B/P, yet never deposited his experience. How can he have voted at least 23,000 times, but never 5 times in one day? I think it's worthy of a screenshot.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-05 14:41:00

At 7/5/08 02:37 PM, PinballWizard976 wrote:
At 6/29/08 10:37 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/29/08 10:09 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I found this amusing, him being a lvl 1 and being a general.
It is indeed amusing, but it's kinda pointless being recorded here, being that the user page is always there for people to go and see whenever they like.

One of the best parts of recording things here is that you can look back over the screen shots and think "ahh, I remember that". I can pretty much guarantee you that LevelOneAccount will remain the same as it has been since the redesign, so if people want to go see it, it makes more sense for them to go to the user page rather than here ;)
True, but it's interesting because he managed to go that high in B/P, yet never deposited his experience. How can he have voted at least 23,000 times, but never 5 times in one day? I think it's worthy of a screenshot.

Bleh, I feel like an asshole now. You guys explained everything and I didn't look at them. Forgive me. Just ignore these two posts. Kudos.

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-06 09:02:35

Newgrounds beep image.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-06 09:08:15

Omg you guys :C

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-06 21:06:50

At 7/6/08 09:08 AM, sirtom93 wrote: Omg you guys :C

I've tried that several times, it's fun am i wrong.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-07 01:23:48

At 7/4/08 04:44 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/4/08 02:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I'd call that overactive memory rather than failing memory. #;-}>
Possibly...

Damnit. I gave you a graceful exit... an easy way out. AND YET YOU REFUSE TO JUST TAKE IT! #;-}>

It was actually level 2 for a short while after the redesign because of the EXP requirements for level 2 being lowered from 50 to 20. I imagine one of the admins removed the excess EXP at request. Would have been good to get a screenshot of that, but I never thought to do it, sadly.

Well, it would be ULTRA fail for him to accidentally push it back to level 2 a 2nd (at least) time, eh?

For the above reasons, I think it's a worthy addition. I just wish he'd screencapped it in a more elegant fashion.
Which reasons specifically...? The ones I mentioned or the ones you mentioned? Beer destroys clarity.

I'm gonna guess I meant my own, because the stuff you were saying was all reasons why the pic shouldn't be in this thread, no? It would be truly awesome, however, had I managed to turn your own reasons/evidence against your intentions and argue the opposite case with them.

But I'm pretty sure I remember introducing entirely new reasons/evidence to support my own position. #;-}>

CROSS-EXAMINATION... WIN!

At 7/6/08 09:06 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 7/6/08 09:08 AM, sirtom93 wrote: Omg you guys :C
I've tried that several times, it's fun am i wrong.

Yes.

(you are #;-}>)

AND NOW.... for teh NEVR pleasure... I am gonna post more pics. For like... the first time since... June? May? Holy shit.

Here we go, starting off with the original level 30 sword, as seen in Wade Fulp's exp level icon intro flash thingie. This is what I (and a lot of us) thought was a spearhead in the actual level icon of teh humantarget (at the time, and later, of course... Pimp), but... of course, was just one weird-ass... overly-blade-heavy-no-doubt sword. From 20031122 (but the flash was from earlier than that, I'm sure).

NG Screenshot archive

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-07 01:25:38

Here's an old screenie of my deposit screen (back when we had a separate loaded page after clicking on a deposit link for that, of course) that I took due to the 666ness of it.

Shows the old (2002-2004) NG style, including black background that I recently heard folks speculating about, as though it was somehow "mythlike" due to being around long before they came to the sign/signed up for an account. From my deposit on 20040112 specifically.

NG Screenshot archive

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-07 01:28:47

For comparison purposes to the above, here's a deposit from about 2500 exp and thus 250 days later... NG's style underwent a somewhat major change in 2004. Certainly, one can argue, the biggest partial redesign until the revolutionary redesign of July 2007 (for one thing, I believe the 2004 one was definitely the "no more black backgrounds (except on pages where the style didn't change right away, like profiles and such) anymore... now... dark gray backgrounds RULE!" watershed moment).

From 20040917:

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-07 01:30:49

Here's some flash info on the flash entry page of a movie earlier in 2004 than the above, but later than the one above the above. I think this is from the same style as the 2nd deposit screen screenie.... but I can't be sure. The thing is, back then... the portal itself and flash pages got redesigned months in advance of other areas of the site, often. Even including the "Thanks for voting" and deposit pages, yes.

Anyway, this screenshot was notable for the fact that it shows a movie with 10,000+ views that is still under judgement. From 20040429:

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-07 22:07:39

Just got this weird error in the flash portal...

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 11:01:38

Firefox 3 Zoom Capabilities.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 11:58:13

At 7/7/08 10:07 PM, yoshi77777 wrote: Just got this weird error in the flash portal...

We already have that image I think.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 13:06:44

Batman layout!

I had to zoom out quite a lot to get the full screen-shot of the layout, and the quality still isn't the best.

Whatever, it's still BATMAN!!!

I had to save it as .gif. As JPEG it was too big to upload here.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 13:19:59

At 7/8/08 01:06 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Batman layout!

Ugh, turns out the image quality got even worse when I converted it to .gif. Here's a better one, I hope.

If anyone has one with a better quality, then post it here. I... uhh... suck at making good quality images.

NG Screenshot archive

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 21:33:33

At 7/8/08 01:19 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: batman layout

sonuvabitch, I was just about to post that. Way to go, you ruined my day. I hope you're happy.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 21:40:15

I guess I could post an old NG wallpaper with the old motto, I checked the "Pages _ - _" and didn't find anything, so here it is:

NG Screenshot archive

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-08 21:58:28

At 7/8/08 09:40 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I guess I could post an old NG wallpaper with the old motto, I checked the "Pages _ - _" and didn't find anything, so here it is:

How did i miss these i have all of the old wallpapers.

NG Screenshot archive

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 04:02:52

Userpage Comment Ban. I checked the thread and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted before. If it has, feel free to kick me in the balls.

NG Screenshot archive

hi

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 12:39:41

At 7/8/08 09:33 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote:
At 7/8/08 01:19 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: batman layout
sonuvabitch, I was just about to post that. Way to go, you ruined my day. I hope you're happy.

As my profile message says: You snooze, you lose.

=)

At 7/9/08 03:38 AM, TheNossinator wrote: I found a really weird glitch on the BBS today, huge gaps between the posts.

I got them a couple of times, but they were smaller than that. I never took a screen-shot of them, though. But it was very weird.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 13:21:42

I got them a couple of times, but they were smaller than that. I never took a screen-shot of them, though. But it was very weird.

My guess is that there was an error loading the css or the browser has not read it properly. Maybe somthing to do with adverts as they are the only randomly generated things on the page, so when you refresh it might change this.

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 14:20:22

Screenshot Contents

<< Pages 1-5 Contents
<< Pages 6-10 Contents
<< Pages 11-15 Contents
<< Pages 16-20 Contents

Page 21
- Review deletion notification
- Link to higher quality review deletion notification
- biteme2514 1,000 - 10,000 posts
- No obituaries
- altr @ level 23 & 2,222 posts (pre-redesign)
- Submission with 2 daily awards
- Voting error message variation
- Co-author glitch exploited by BFK
- 2004 P-bot's post
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #1
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #2
- Pre-redesign mod lounge screenshot #3
- Link to Safari inbox glitch
- BBS userbase glitch
- Yet another BBR 30-day ban
- Forum is empty screen

Page 22
- Pico holding mail
- Large Angry Faic
- LevelOneAccount screenshot
- YoinK: So are we still friends?
- Section of old P-Bot post
- Posting a thread in Network News forum
- life's "let's all jump on the bandwagon" picture
- Angry Faic shirt ad
- Posting a thread in P-Bot's posts forum
- NG Showdown w/ 4.72 score

Page 23
- Link to: 2001 General view
- Link to: 2001 Header
- Link to: 2001 Front page news
- Link to: 2001 Xmas style BBS
- Link to: 2004 Header
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
- Link to: Alphas + Nene hanging
- Link to: Nene hanging + Pico over barcode
- Link to: Devspot Banner only
- Link to: Alphas Footer
- Link to: NG community Banner only
- Link to: NG.MAG header
- Link to: NG.MAG whole page
- Link to: Eulogy 1
- Link to: Eulogy 2
- Link to: Eulogy 3
- Link to: Eulogy 4
- Link to: Eulogy 5
- Link to: Eulogy 6
- Link to: Eulogy 7
- Attempting to access moderators section
- Original Level 30 sword drawing (2003)
- '02-'04 Deposit screen w/ black background (January 2004)
- Re-designed deposit screen (September 2004)
- UJ Flash with 10,000+ views
- Flash Portal error
- Batman site Layout
- Large Angry Faic
- NG wallpaper (old slogan)
- Link to: Gaps between BBS posts (1)
- Link to: Gaps between BBS posts (2)
- Link to: Gaps between BBS posts (3)
- User page comment ban message

BBS Signature

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 15:08:49

I have a screen shot of what it looks like to have a permaban lifted from reviewing. Do you guys think you could use something like that?

Response to NG Screenshot archive 2008-07-09 15:14:44

At 7/9/08 03:08 PM, Corky52 wrote: I have a screen shot of what it looks like to have a permaban lifted from reviewing. Do you guys think you could use something like that?

Sure, sounds interesting enough, go for it.

BBS Signature