00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,478 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:34:49

Just beat Saints Row IV last night, did every event and mission/activity, seemed short.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:40:19

Dawn of War - Warhammer 40 -- Dark Crusade

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:52:42

At 8/21/13 11:37 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: GTA IV, since GTA V's coming out soon and all. I don't get the hate it gets around here, it's fantastic.

I haven't seen it get hate in ages. I think all the moaners actually went back and played Vice City, then realized how much of a colossal improvement IV was.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 20:12:33

Been playing through Crysis 2 at the moment. I picked it up with the Origin Bundle, never played a Crysis game before but man this game is a blast!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 04:31:26

Just bought the humble origin bundle so....Mirror's Edge and the Sims 3.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 07:39:12

I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

It's nothing too amazing, but fun nonetheless. I do like the narrator a lot.

At 8/21/13 05:08 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote:
Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat. In the 3D Zelda's I have no problems keeping myself alive but when playing 2D Zelda's I die constantly. I had 37 game overs during my A Link to the Past run, which is quite a lot considering I'm a fairly experienced Zelda player.
Be sure to get all of the glass jars and fill them with blue potions and a faerie before boss battles. You'll see your number of games drop for a play-through.

I did so for as much as I could, but I still died pretty often. Sometimes I was even killed on my way back to the temple I died in.

At 8/21/13 05:10 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/21/13 04:37 PM, Auz wrote: I think that was generally how video games were back at the time, no?
Yeah, but very few were open world especially on the same scale as Zelda. There's so many secrets hidden around that make it so much fun to just wander. None of the other Zeldas have that.

Well I haven't played the original Zelda yet like I said, but I remember Ocarina of Time had loads of hidden secrets as well. Even years after I beat it I still found new things from time to time. But after Ocarina of Time it seemed like they cut back on the random secrets in the 3D Zelda's.

Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat.
The combat is definitely harder but that makes the other weapons so much more valuable, at least in the original.

Yeah, in the 3D Zelda's your sword and bow are more than adequate for almost every fight. In the 2D Zelda's you definitely make more use of your arsenal.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 09:01:51

At 8/23/13 07:39 AM, Auz wrote: I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

I forgot all about buying that. In fact, I've neglected most of the games I bought in the Steam sales. I'd probably have been better off just keeping the money.

Also, I have a question for you guys. Do you focus on playing one game all the way through and then move onto something else, or play through multiple games at the same time?

As I said before I'm currently playing through Twilight princess, which is long. I'm not bored of it or anything but I have other games in the back of my mind that I also want to play (potentially longer games) and at times I find myself wanting to rush through one game so that I can move onto something else. I tend to play through one before playing something else, rather than play multiple games at once but I'm thinking I might change my strategy and start playing multiple games, but limiting it to maybe 2 or 3.

It's annoying to look at the games I'm currently listed as playing on Backloggery and realised that I haven't touched some of those games in months. I was having a blast with Mass Effect 2 then I played something else and completely neglected it. Same happened with Final Fantasy 6, Darksiders 2 and Fallout New Vegas. I want to play through all those games but I keep wanting to play even more games that I put before those.

Man, talk about first world problems but still, I have a problem. Too many of my games get half play-throughs and are then abandoned in favour of something else. And it's not even because I get bored of the original game, I just feel like changing things up.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 10:07:13

At 8/23/13 07:39 AM, Auz wrote: I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

I thought Bastion was amazing. Perfect even. I regret it being over. I regret having played it so I can't play it for the first time right now.

Currently playing:
Skyrim Legendary Edition
Metroid Prime (first one)
Undead Nightmare
Borderlands 2 DLC's
some tiny indie games (trauma/gone home/beneath a steel sky)

I keep a rather huge multi-tab spreadsheet to manage my consumption of media (anime/shows/movies/games/books)

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 07:41:23

jamming an rpg called requital :p actually quite fun

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 16:16:47

I'm getting back into the Sims 3 after a long hiatus.

oh god help me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 17:50:25

I finished playing Bastion.

Now I got back into System Shock 2.

This game is pretty confusing. I'm just walking around not really knowing what to look for or where to go. I suppose that's part of the experience though.

At 8/23/13 09:01 AM, Dean wrote:
I forgot all about buying that. In fact, I've neglected most of the games I bought in the Steam sales. I'd probably have been better off just keeping the money.

I try not to buy too much so I can play everything before the next sale. Though currently I'm a bit swamped with about 10 unplayed/unfinished Steam games on my backloggery.

Also, I have a question for you guys. Do you focus on playing one game all the way through and then move onto something else, or play through multiple games at the same time?

In the past, I played games one at the time and really played them to death before diving into something new.

Nowadays I tend to play several simultaneously, although I do try not to start two very big games at once. Something like Bastion I'd play on the side, but for games like Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls I want to take my time and absorb everything.

At 8/23/13 10:07 AM, sharpnova wrote:

I thought Bastion was amazing. Perfect even. I regret it being over. I regret having played it so I can't play it for the first time right now.

Hmm I'd say 3 stars out of 5. It's an enjoyable beat-em-up, but nothing too amazing in my opinion.

I do have to say that I'm generally not that into indie games though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 19:42:43

Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 20:03:46

At 8/24/13 07:42 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.

But seriously, where do they go from here?

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 20:10:07

At 8/24/13 08:03 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 8/24/13 07:42 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.
But seriously, where do they go from here?

Hard to tell. But Volition will probably come up with something more crazy than IV to keep the franchise going. I mean you're fighting aliens in a simulated world. At this point anythings possible.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-25 08:08:14

Picked up Sonic CD on the Xbox 360. Really fun game. It has that classic 2D Sonic gameplay coupled with really funky visuals and tunes. Really been enjoying it, though. The time traveling gimmick is pretty unique and I loved the anime cutscene that the game opened with.

Can't believe I've never played this one before.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-26 20:40:29

I've found myself playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. After finishing Dark Souls, my cravings for fantasy-based video games are continuing, so I thought that Dragon's Dogma would be a great game to continue with. I've also found myself playing The Witcher games too which I've been enjoying so far. I'm casually dipping in and out of Final Fantasy X and VI as well.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-26 21:07:39

Splinter Cell: Blacklist... More like, Blacklisted from my game library amirite?

I never thought the series was particularly good up until this point. But really, this game does the series a real disservice. I'm only a few missions in and the game already oozes NCIS-tier dialogue from Sam and his cliche support characters. Not to mention, the idle terrorist chatter is some of the most cringe-inducing dialogue I've heard.. But to be fair Splinter Cell has never really been praised for its story.

The stealth gameplay is where the series has shined. But in Blacklist it seems enemies can't see properly in broad daylight.. Also, Fisher adopts parkour skills that can rival Ezio, which is odd considering that he's supposed to be an old man by now.. It has a weird mix of cover to cover movement with annoying setups where the only way to continue silently is to use the "mark and execute" mechanic... And as a bonus, you get to BUY everything that made the Fisher of previous games stealthy in the first place. A nifty motivator to try to get me to play until the end.

But hey, at least I get to shoot brown people and throw dogs down stairs, right?

I give this game a Lensflare/10

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?

Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-27 10:52:16

Been playing some fan made hacks/roms whatever you want to call them.

Super Metroid Redesign
Has over 2,800 screens (Roughly, just a guess) as compared to the original games 1,200 or so. Over double the size. The map design is polished and seems very professional, not to mention it's much more difficult. Wall jumping, bomb jumping, mockballing and shinesparking are much more used. Can't recommend enough.

The other I've sunk some time into is Super Talking Time Bros. 2.5 The Last Levels (stupid fucking name but trust me, fun as shit and incredible) Over fifty different users (the actual number escapes me, but much more) submitted levels to be added to the game. Each level has a secret red star requiring different strategies to obtain that unlocks extras. The game uses sprites, animations, enemies, etc from every main 2D mario game (Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island) and includes a soundtrack from EVERY mario game including the 3D games. (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros. etc)

I'm handing you fun on a silver platter and it's free. Get to it bitches.

Finished a plethora of games since the last time I dropped in here, but not going to list them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-28 18:30:14

Still playing System Shock 2.

I gotta say, now that I'm finally getting more familiar with the gameplay and the game's mechanics, I am really starting to love it. Graphically speaking the game can hardly be called horrifying anymore, but the audio still does great at setting an atmosphere that constantly keeps you on your toes.

I do have to say that I'm not very fond of backtracking with randomly respawning enemies popping up everywhere, but I suppose the game would be pretty boring most of the time otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-28 18:43:36

At 8/28/13 06:30 PM, Auz wrote: Still playing System Shock 2.

as much as i love that game, i doubt that i will ever be able to finish because of those damn annelid arachnids and the sheer isolation of the environment

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-28 23:52:23

Playing Vagrant Story. I farmed some Lug Crossbows and now I'm out to forge an ultimate weapon!

PS1 master race!

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-29 07:55:00

I think I'll play some Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising. Right now I'm craving some fast-paced hack'n'slash action.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-31 04:08:51

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds for the PS1 I loved this game when I was younger

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 07:19:59

UT2004
help me I can't stop

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 07:39:13

At 8/28/13 06:43 PM, Natick wrote:
At 8/28/13 06:30 PM, Auz wrote: Still playing System Shock 2.
as much as i love that game, i doubt that i will ever be able to finish because of those damn annelid arachnids and the sheer isolation of the environment

I think that feeling of total isolation is exactly what makes the game so interesting. It really adds a lot to the game's atmosphere I think.

Those arachnids are pretty annoying indeed, but I believe I'm already past the halfway point and I haven't encountered that many thus far. They go down easily enough with anti-personnel bullets by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 14:04:31

Clash of the Dragons

If you have time to think of a beautiful ending, why not use the time to live beautifully until the end

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 19:41:56

Far Cry 3
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Just Cause 2

It looks like I may be taking a break from Dragon's Dogma.

At 8/26/13 08:40 PM, Mechabloby wrote: I've found myself playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. After finishing Dark Souls, my cravings for fantasy-based video games are continuing, so I thought that Dragon's Dogma would be a great game to continue with. I've also found myself playing The Witcher games too which I've been enjoying so far. I'm casually dipping in and out of Final Fantasy X and VI as well.

I haven't gotten Dark Arisen, but Dragon's Dogma is one of the best games I've ever played.

At 8/29/13 07:55 AM, Mechabloby wrote: I think I'll play some Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Rising. Right now I'm craving some fast-paced hack'n'slash action.

If you want some truly superb hack n' slash, look no further than the Mark of Kri, Rise of the Kasai and Ninja Gaiden 2.

At 9/1/13 07:19 AM, Opiated wrote: UT2004
help me I can't stop

Okay, let me help.

Don't believe bullshitters saying it isn't awesome.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 19:59:37

At 9/1/13 07:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Far Cry 3

best game ubisoft has done yet

can't get past shao khan and i hate the tag-teams in the story mode since i don't play fighting games often

Just Cause 2

as much as i've played this game, i feel like i loose imagination when it comes to pulling off the right stunts

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 20:28:04

At 9/1/13 07:59 PM, Natick wrote:
At 9/1/13 07:41 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Far Cry 3
best game ubisoft has done yet

can't get past shao khan and i hate the tag-teams in the story mode since i don't play fighting games.

I'm concerned for my ability to beat the story mode because of the endurance matches (tag teams) and also because of how you have to play as the different characters they make you play as. Before I turned it off last night, I had to play as my best character, Scorpion, and I wish they had saved him for later in the game when I'm guessing it gets tougher. They has those damn endurance matches in the older games, too. I gotta say, though, MK 1-3 were much fucking harder than this one. At least it isn't on that insane level.

But since you say you don't really play fighters and you still at least made it to Shao Khan despite that, that's a good sign, because I'm pretty good at most fighters.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 20:54:22

It's mainly been League of Legends lately, with a few other games tossed in here and there.

Just burning time till GTA V releases.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.