00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

358,450 Views | 5,146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-07-29 21:08:17

Team Fortness 2.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-07-29 21:27:47

About time...I'm finally going to be getting on Skyward Sword. Last summer game...jk there's Darksiders 2.

Playing some Halo Reach time to time to practice for Halo 4. Friends and I have a little grudge match.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-07-29 21:44:10

At 7/29/12 09:27 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: About time...I'm finally going to be getting on Skyward Sword. Last summer game...jk there's Darksiders 2.

Playing some Halo Reach time to time to practice for Halo 4. Friends and I have a little grudge match.

Halo 4 is going to be featuring a complex AI system that i can't wait to see in action. I reccomend playing the campaign more then once, or atleast single missions just to see how the monsters adapt to your playing style.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-07-29 21:59:44

At 7/29/12 09:44 PM, PMMurphy wrote:
Halo 4 is going to be featuring a complex AI system that i can't wait to see in action. I reccomend playing the campaign more then once, or atleast single missions just to see how the monsters adapt to your playing style.

Oh damn really now? Could you provide a source? I'd like to read more about it because it sounds pretty interesting.

I'm also looking forward to Spartan Ops and working with buds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-07-29 22:07:23

At 7/29/12 09:59 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 7/29/12 09:44 PM, PMMurphy wrote:
Oh damn really now? Could you provide a source? I'd like to read more about it because it sounds pretty interesting.

I'm also looking forward to Spartan Ops and working with buds.

My source is a friend i met in person. Who does Quality Assurance for Microsofts 403 district which was originally called Bungie. I had a few nerdgasms and we had a good hour discussion on everything. You can't really read it, you might not even be able to trust it. I don't think they have it released or anything, its basically a word of mouth leak.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-06 15:38:25

Right now I play Prototype 2!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-06 23:25:42

I am currently playing Fight Night Champion.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-11 15:24:02

Been trying out some Mafia II on the PS3. Really fun game. I'm amazed that it doesn't get as much attention as GTA4 did.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-11 16:44:07

At 8/11/12 03:48 PM, Natick wrote: The original Mafia was essentially GTA in the 30's and it did a damn good job. The sequel promised a lot but in the end had nothing to do outside of driving and shooting.

The reason that people were let down by Mafia II was, in my opinion, because they hadn't played the original Mafia and were expecting a GTA clone. If they played the original Mafia, they'd have known better than to expect a GTA set in the 30-50s. I don't think the original Mafia was much like GTA other than the fact that it was an open city game with cars and guns. Mafia is a linear game with an explorable city. The city really serves no other purpose than as a setting to the game, where as with GTA games exploration is encouraged and rewarded. Mafia and Mafia II were fantastic games though.

I've just been playing Batman Returns on the Sega Master System. Not a bad game actually. I'd probably consider it to be one of the better Master System games I own. Made it up to the third boss but by that point I was down to one life and he killed me first attempt as I had no idea what sort of attack to expect from him. I'm not even sure who the boss was. It was some kind of blue giant...

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-17 18:00:28

Currently playing two games at the minute.

The first is Silent Hill 2 and I'm really enjoying it. The camera's a bitch at times and the movement feels fairly slugish but the atmosphere, sound, puzzles and story are all great so far. About two hours in right now (at the first boss - pryramid head). I've also got Resident Evil 4 on the "still need to play shelf" and Silent Hill 2's left me fairly excited about what that'll be like.

The second is The Getaway which unlike Silent Hill, I've played before. From what I remembered about it originally it was a crappy GTA clone with clunky controls that tried to hard to be realistic and suffered because of it. As such, I think I only got a few missions in before I moved on to something else. However, I'm liking it a lot more this time round. The driving segments are excellent., especially the realism (considering how dated this game is) e.g. how the car handles depending on what sort of damage it's taken. There's also something really special about dodging in and out of London traffic, avoiding pedestrians and the "not as terrible as most people make out" indicator nabigational system. As for the shooting, it's flawed, most definitely, but still fairly fun and the driving sections make it worth putting up with.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-18 16:25:58

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-18 16:46:47

Sonic Heroes, BEST SONIC GAME EVER!

The Ledge

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-18 17:02:41

At 8/17/12 06:00 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: The second is The Getaway

The Getaway is a great game, at least from what I remember. It's a real gritty Brit flick with what I thought was a decent plot. It's definitely up there as one of my favourite PS2 games although it probably hasn't aged all that well. I remember at the time everyone was amazed by how good it looked. "omg the cars have actual number plates!"

Right now I'm playing through Grandia. I'm about 25 hours in and should have it finished tomorrow hopefully. It's a fantastic JRPG but I'd like to beat it soon so that I can move on to Final Fantasy VII which I got in the mail today. Never played it and considering it's a pretty legendary game, I'm really looking forward to it. Already beat Crisis Core in preparation.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 01:13:28

Finished Mafia II. Got Chrono Trigger on the Wii's Virtual Console and started naming my party members after NG members. Currently I've got myself as Crono, Tarah as Marle, Gagsy as Lucca, Jay as Frog, and EJR as Robo.

This game is pretty dope so far.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 02:13:11

Started playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I'm gonna finish it this time.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 12:37:24

At 3/24/08 08:50 AM, TheMaster wrote: Guitar Hero III, Metal Gear Solid III, and considering doing another Uncharted playthrough.

Mass Effect trilogy and Assasins Creed Brotherhood. ACB has so much shit it's damn near overwhelming.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 12:44:38

brawl, pokemon black i will catch em all! and legend of Zelda ocarina of time 3D!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 15:01:08

Le Binding of Isaac ^^

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-22 18:27:06

So, I'm down to the last two missions on The Getaway (which I've decided is indeed a great game that's really worth playing). Next up is Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection on PS2. Read various contradicting reviews so I'm looking forward to finding out for myself.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-23 10:15:12

Been playing Dark Souls for almost a month now. Still trying to find a Titanite Slab to upgrade my Lightning Spear.

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-23 20:05:50

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

Well today I played Pokemon Black, Infamous, Pokemon Quartz(ROM Hack), Soul Silver and Jak II. It's a nice life ^.^

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-24 18:29:31

Sleeping Dogs. I'm playing the first part of the game and its pretty good so far.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-24 18:31:43

Right now, L4D2, Fallout: New Vegas, and Oblivion

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-24 18:57:14

Just finished beating all the levels in NSMB2, now im going for the 1 million coins goal. So far ive got 150,000.

got a long way to go

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-25 18:38:56

So I finally dusted off a copy of Fallout 3. Yes, I should have got to this a lot sooner and I'll probably be fruistrated with it for a little while, waiting for Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires to get here.

Still, that should keep me busy, though.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-25 19:25:47

Playing some Monster Hunter Frontier. :P

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-08-25 19:28:32

At 8/25/12 06:38 PM, Coop wrote: So I finally dusted off a copy of Fallout 3. Yes, I should have got to this a lot sooner and I'll probably be fruistrated with it for a little while, waiting for Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires to get here.

Still, that should keep me busy, though.

If you get any packs, I advise that you get Broken Steel or Operation Anchorage.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-09-03 22:56:29

While I was cleaning out my room, I found my copy of Banjo-Tooie for the N64 and decided to play it again. Great game. I forgot how epic it was. The characters are really memorable and I love how it took the concepts of Super Mario 64 and the first Banjo game and refined them to a tee. This was platforming gaming at its peak.

The Game You're Currently Playing

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-09-03 22:58:37

Well, I haven't played it in a little while, but the most recent actual playthrough I've started was on Majora's Mask. Apart from that, I've been dicking around on Rock Band and shit.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2012-09-04 00:26:03

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. Resolution fix is really nice, you can play the game offline (even though it's GFWL), and online is stronger then the console versions.

Also, the new dlc is pretty kickass. However, it's a bit more linear compared to what Dark Souls is. The new boss fights are actually pretty challenging. I'm also digging the new deathmatch arena mode From added in. It will hold me over until Borderlands 2 comes out.

BBS Signature