00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

992,353 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-29 22:55:30

At 5/29/10 06:37 AM, wallrus wrote: Is it normal or is it just me ? SintCobra1 is actually scaring me...He really is

^ fixed. Also, the second letter in my name is not an "i" at all. *sighs* Why is it so hard for people to figure out that it would be absolutely preposterous for someone to put a capital "i" in their name if they want to shorten the word Silent? Perhaps I should ask for a name change to avoid this kind of confusion altogether. >_>

My name is short for SILENT! >_<

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-30 00:43:34

Let it go, Cobra. I remember when I had a similar problem myself. Back then, NOBODY could spell my name right. It was always "tales" or "tials" or "faggot". The moral is, if you ignore it, it bothers you less. At some point they'll figure out that it's actually SLNT, not SINT... although that could be interpreted as "slant" which could be offensive to asians lol.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-30 01:05:37

At 5/29/10 10:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 5/29/10 06:37 AM, wallrus wrote: Is it normal or is it just me ? SintCobra1 is actually scaring me...He really is
^ fixed. Also, the second letter in my name is not an "i" at all. *sighs* Why is it so hard for people to figure out that it would be absolutely preposterous for someone to put a capital "i" in their name if they want to shorten the word Silent? Perhaps I should ask for a name change to avoid this kind of confusion altogether. >_>

I am sorry, but you're doing it again SlntCobra1, you're scaring me, BTW what is the difference between SIntCobra1 and SlntCobra1...there is no difference between NG's little L and with the big I

see Ll, Ii....

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-30 01:09:39

At 5/30/10 01:05 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 5/29/10 10:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:

I am sorry, but you're doing it again SlntCobra1, you're scaring me, BTW what is the difference between SIntCobra1 and SlntCobra1...there is no difference between NG's little L and with the big I

see Ll, Ii....

Well, i'l be damned, my finnish teacher would give me maxium score if he would hear what i just did....oh god, i'm reminding my teacher....

Gentlemen, i shall return to my dark little cave and blam and protect...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-30 15:19:23

At 5/30/10 02:52 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
Top 5 Gainers:
1. Mans0n - 82
2. Decky1991 - 29
3. wallrus - 27
=4. CagedSilhouette - 12
=4. wcatdoor - 12
5. TheSongSalad - 9

Hah, I'm pretty sure you miss me and my awesome B/P points, huh?? (I'm such a great guy. :3)

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 03:01:23

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary of roster crafting! We are truly fortunate to have someone so dedicated and hardworking among us! Then again, that's what the NGPD's known for... RIGHT?

Keep up the awesome work Liz!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 11:38:58

Hey NGPD, how is everyone doing?

I think it's about time I came back. School is winding down, my life is a bit less stressful, and end of the year testing is almost done. I'm requesting to be put back on the roster, if that's alright. I can go through the one week period too if you all want me to.

I just figured it's about time that I came back to all my old buddies in the force. :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 12:14:48

Oh Kaizer how I missed you so dearly! We thought you had been devoured by shower scum in the boy's locker room! Of course you may rejoin us, and since we already know how swell of a guy you are, you are exempt from redoing the 1 week trial. Hopefully your exams went smoothly, I have mine this week - THEN I GRADUATE!

But anyways, it's great to have you with us again, Kaizer!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 12:39:19

At 5/31/10 12:14 PM, TailsPrower wrote: But anyways, it's great to have you with us again, Kaizer!

well... there goes my 5000th post. shit.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 13:01:48

At 5/31/10 12:39 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 5/31/10 12:14 PM, TailsPrower wrote: But anyways, it's great to have you with us again, Kaizer!
well... there goes my 5000th post. shit.

I feel special now that your 5,00th post is about me. :P

I'm hoping my exams went alright as well. The Chemistry one was the hardest by far.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 13:51:56

Hey Police men could i be a police man in training?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 14:26:33

At 5/31/10 01:51 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: Hey Police men could i be a police man in training?

Police man in training? What do you want us to do? Tell you how to click a number on an under judgment flash? Assuming you're not a troll, try lurking around the BBS to get a feel for how you should act in the forums because you've shown that you're not very observant.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 14:32:17

hey I just joined yesterday idk much :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 14:37:30

At 5/31/10 02:32 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: hey I just joined yesterday idk much :)

Wellllll, considering you have nearly no posts, i'd say GET AT LEAST 50 GOOD, NOT SPAMMY POSTS. :D

Then, go into the Flash portal, and get your b/p rank to Police officer (or the one before it, idr)

THEN. AND ONLY THEN. Well. Something of consequence will happen, presumably.

Also, yeah. I'll take this to welcome you to NG, read the BBS rules n stuff. Enjoy your stay.

lolpineapples.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 14:50:09

how much can you blam/protect everyday?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 14:55:06

At 5/31/10 02:50 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: how much can you blam/protect everyday?

As much as the flash comes in per day. You only get Experience points for the first 5, though, 10 per day AND NO MORE.

The under judgement flashes are the ones that give you BP points. They're purple, in the flash portal. Audio and Art doesnt give you anything, obviously.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 15:00:06

Reply; thanks

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 15:02:47

im gonna be a protecter :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 15:11:35

welll..... my first point was a blam lol

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 15:13:11

At 5/31/10 03:11 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: welll..... my first point was a blam lol

No need to tell us about each and every little thing. It's gonna end up spammy and crappy and you'll probably end up banned for it, in the long run. If you've got something of consequence to say/ask, then go nuts, otherwise, i'd just hold it in

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 16:15:23

At 5/31/10 03:13 PM, Porkchop wrote:
At 5/31/10 03:11 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: welll..... my first point was a blam lol
No need to tell us about each and every little thing. It's gonna end up spammy and crappy and you'll probably end up banned for it, in the long run. If you've got something of consequence to say/ask, then go nuts, otherwise, i'd just hold it in

Its a good point Gokussj20, also try not to double post, nevermind triple post. If you must double post its best to state that you forgot to write something on the first post. Come back when you have 500 B/P and they might let you join, as long as you have a higher quality of post then you have displayed here. Try to get more then one line. Happy blaming :).

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 16:57:14

Hey Porkchop!! Long time no see dude! I know you and I haven't talked much over AIM, but still, it is nice to know you're back on NG where you belong! So, what are you going to be doing this summer?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 17:57:30

spam alert even though i'm not a member yet just warning ya http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7813 its a game its sussposed to be a maze and all it says is noob

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 18:06:52

oh, but i found a rasict movie called the world dont movie and it shows a shredder shredding a black guy

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 18:12:06

Yes! Glad to see I've finally got first place for the top 5 gainers :)

Though I could have had at least 100 B/P's If I was able to use a computer Saturday and Sunday, but ohh well.

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 18:38:29

At 5/31/10 06:34 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 5/31/10 06:06 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: oh, but i found a rasict movie called the world dont movie and it shows a shredder shredding a black guy
When did you find this? And if you ever find a movie like that again, make sure to report it here or the EGB so it can get flagged and get removed from NG for being unsuitable and abusive.

i found at midnight

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 19:00:29

At 5/31/10 06:56 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 5/31/10 06:38 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: i found at midnight
What flash was it? Did you get a link to it at least? Or did you just blam / whistle the flash?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 19:24:39

but i whistled

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 20:37:24

At 5/31/10 07:13 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I would... But I've still got "Too many unread PM's" that are in his inbox.

*Sigh*

I'll help you all by sending him PMs of abusive flash/whatever (if I'm allowed to) to indirectly bypass the 10 unread PM limit.

I'll check back frequently and gather links.

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 21:26:27

Gokussj20 (and to any new user who sees this), let me wrap up what everyone is saying in a nutshell in case you see this again.

First of all, to join this club you need 50 BBS posts (make them very good; meaning not spammy or rude posts) and at least 400 B/P points. Now I know I don't even meet any of them (but one of my other accounts do) but that's besides the point.

To get B/P (blam/protection) points, you go to the flash portal and view the flashes highlighted in PURPLE. After watching them, vote accordingly on what you think it deserves. If the flash is deleted, and you have voted 0 or 1 on it, you get a blam point. If the flash passes judgment, and you voted 2, 3, 4, 5, then you get a protection point. If you voted 2-5 on a blammed flash, you don't get any points from it. Likewise if you have voted 0 or 1 on a flash that passes judgment, you don't get any points from it. As you gain enough points, you will level up and gain more voting power. A list of badges can be found here.

Note: Protection is another word for save.

If you find a flash that breaks the portal guidelines (which can be found at the bottom of this page), then you can blow the whistle on it to try and get the submission flagged. If a flash is stolen, hit the "This movie is stolen" button, include some details and a link to where the flash was stolen and hit the "Blow it!" button. For flash that is malicious and/or unsuitable, include reasoning in the respective boxes.

Note that even if you blow on the flash, it still may pass. If it does pass, make sure to send Wade Fulp a PM explaining why it should be removed and he will remove it. Make sure in the title of the PM is "Newgrounds Help - Abusive Flash" or something among those lines. As a protip, make sure all the PMs you send to Wade Fulp or any other administrator has the "Newgrounds Help - " section for the admins get a lot of spam and PM subjects with anything else than "Newgrounds Help" will most likely be ignored/deleted.

Your whistle status will depend if a flash is sent for administrative review, or if it passes (or even blammed if the general public decides it shouldn't pass anyway, so even if your whistle fails there's a chance it may be blammed). If you have a normal whistle, you have very little weight on what you flag; meaning it will take a lot more blows to pull the flash into admin review. If you have a deity whistle (the max powered whistle), you have a huge weight on what you flag. A deity whistle is much stronger than a normal whistle, so it will take less blows to pull the flash to admin review. Whistle levels vary from garbage, normal, bronze, silver, gold and deity. If you blow the whistle on abusive stuff and it is deleted, you will be awarded with positive whistle points (the points that will raise your whistle level if you gain enough). If you blow the whistle on legitimate stuff, you lose whistle points (this pulling you down to the lower whistle levels, or even garbage). The curve is very nasty, meaning the penalty of whistle points is greater than the gain.

There are two ways to earn whistle points: Blowing the whistle on flashes that break the guidelines, or flag reviews that break the review guidelines (info here). Flashes can be flagged by using the stolen/malicious/unsuitable forms respectively. Reviews can be flagged by clicking on the yellow X next to the + and - signs at the bottom right corner of the review. Obtain enough whistle points (the point count is hidden, so it may take awhile to level up) and you will go up a level. If you flag wrong stuff, you lose whistle points.

Also, getting a garbage whistle is very bad, for you have ZERO power over what you flag (meaning it's equal to nobody flagging the said material), so try to avoid that.

I attached a (crappily made) image below for easy reference.

I think that covers pretty much everything. It's a lot of information to swallow, but you'll get it eventually. PM me if you still need help or are confused.

This hopefully should cover information to any additional new users that stumble up here.

Hopefully I'm not being a nuisance here

-

At 5/31/10 08:42 PM, Lizzardis wrote: That would be of a great help my friend, and I think it would be a great idea to be honest if someone was to go around from OUTSIDE of the NGPD and collect up all of the stolen flashes and send them to Wade.

I'll try to if I can. But exams are coming up, so I can't really do so now. Once those are over with I'll run around in the portal picking up crap.

Alright I did enough spamming in this thread for one day.

Ask a mod to delete this post if you all feel like it's unnecessary; it's fine with me.

Back to studying for Biology; I already spend an hour with this.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature