00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

854,156 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-22 22:38:40

At 4/22/09 04:59 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Who here is an extremist?
You know....like the people who get excited at the word "sonic" and wish he was real and all that.

You may call me a die hard fan. But then again, I am also a fan of many other things. But Sonic has a broader range to talk about. The Fantastic games, the crappy games, Good TV shows, crappy shows, Great Comics, crappy Comics (I hated Sonic the Comic) and the list goes on and on.

At 4/22/09 06:39 PM, doctorjmcgee wrote: Sonic's awesome. Sonic's cool. Fuck, I have a sprite comic that I made with Sonic the hedgehog characters. http://www.the-jimzone.piczo.com/

The newer games suck, so I decided why not make my own story? Sort in some hilarity in there along with random shit(more random than stumbling into a computer room) and we got something awesome.
amidoingitright?

Ya, nice comic there. I think most of the people in this crew have some sort of Fan-fiction for Sonic of some kind or another. Like mine for example!

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 00:01:58

At 4/22/09 07:10 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
You know....like the people who get excited at the word "sonic" and wish he was real and all that.
5 years ago, I would have fit the first description.
9 years ago, I would have fit both descriptions.
Now I'm just light hearted and mature about it. But I'll always be there to defend Sonic. He needs someone in his corner, and I've yet to leave it.

Same here, whenever someone said sonic sucked and another game was better I would straight up prove them wrong in any way possible.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 05:54:32

At 4/22/09 08:10 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: It looks to me that your in timeout.

I guess, if you're childish enough to picture me in an actual corner.

At 4/23/09 12:01 AM, link-011 wrote: Same here, whenever someone said sonic sucked and another game was better I would straight up prove them wrong in any way possible.

Meh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I won't mess with them if that's all they say. But if they start spouting it like it's plain fact and start spewing bullshit about wishing the franchise would die, that's when I throw my hat into the ring.
And I've yet to find someone to intelligently debate me back whenever I get my say in.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 17:31:34

What is your opinion on Amy?
Where do you think her place in the sonic games should be?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 19:06:01

At 4/23/09 05:31 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: What is your opinion on Amy?

Holding a hammer 1 nanosecond away from knocking a robot's head off

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 21:05:55

At 4/23/09 07:06 PM, Firefoxrocks wrote:
At 4/23/09 05:31 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: What is your opinion on Amy?
Holding a hammer 1 nanosecond away from knocking a robot's head off

How did she get the hammer in the first place?
And how does she summon it in the blink of an eye?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-23 22:57:17

At 4/23/09 09:05 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: How did she get the hammer in the first place?

Like all other videogame characters, she pulls it out of her ass.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-24 05:16:32

At 4/23/09 10:57 PM, link-011 wrote:
At 4/23/09 09:05 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: How did she get the hammer in the first place?
Like all other videogame characters, she pulls it out of her ass.

An infinite dimensional pocket known as Hammer Space.
The same place where Chaos Emeralds in possession just seems to come out the works.
You'll see objects come out of Hammer Space in older Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry cartoons.

Amy shouldn't be playable, but rather a character device.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-24 11:09:13

At 4/23/09 09:05 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:

By wishing upon Sonic's Billionth Ring.

As for where she puts it... The world may never know

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-24 16:51:39

At 4/24/09 11:09 AM, Firefoxrocks wrote:
At 4/23/09 09:05 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
By wishing upon Sonic's Billionth Ring.

As for where she puts it... The world may never know

Now I feel dirty like none of this stuff should have been said.
Anyway it was nice knowing it.
Are we limited to how many pics we can post here?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-25 06:03:34

Heh, I'm pretty sure it said in SSB that no one knows were she pulls it out off, maybe it's better that way...

The Guy who couldn't be bothered to think of a decent signiture...

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-25 14:20:09

No one gave a shit about Hammer Space, huh.
FINE
Where does she stash it? Well, suffice to say, she's been "practicing" for that special day with Sonic a few hundred too many times.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-25 23:14:06

At 4/25/09 02:20 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Where does she stash it? Well, suffice to say, she's been "practicing" for that special day with Sonic a few hundred too many times.

0_o
that's one big dildo

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 01:36:19

Well folks, I'm sure some of you have been wondering where I've been... The few left here that remember me anyways. For those of you who don't know me, I took over the running of this crew somewhere around page 40, and not well at first I might add. That was about 4 years ago, when I was 12 years old.

I saw this crew through many highs and lows, including several invisionfree forums and a forum of my own. You could say the sonic crew and i grew up together, because this place helped make me the person I am today.

But that's all in the past. I've moved on with my life, much like ProtobassX moved on with his when he left this crew in limbo 500 pages ago. Because of the reasons listed above and the fact that I am no longer the Sonic fan I once was, I'm handing over the running of this crew to Knuxrouge and Twone. Twone, I know you have a lot going on in your life now too, so If you don't want the responsibility that's fine. I may stop in from time to time to see how things are going, but I want to make sure that this group is in good hands. Best of luck to you all.

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 08:23:28

Hm.
I'm not the Sonic fan I once was either, but I'm still a fan.

It's in good hands guiltyspark, you'll be missed.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 11:59:41

Well... I never really thought this crew needed a leader. What it needs is someone to keep the noobs away, and the Topics running! Well... OH CRAP, for got about the topic for a while there.

OK NEW TOPIC: What do you hate most about Sonic Fan-fiction?
(By Fan-fiction, I mean, Story's posted on threads, Sprite Comics, all forms of fan media)

For me, I hate how every single character that people add to their Fan-fic is either extremely over powered, and can fly.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 14:10:34

At 4/26/09 11:59 AM, Firefoxrocks wrote: Well... I never really thought this crew needed a leader. What it needs is someone to keep the noobs away, and the Topics running! Well... OH CRAP, for got about the topic for a while there.

that is his job, I think...

OK NEW TOPIC: What do you hate most about Sonic Fan-fiction?
(By Fan-fiction, I mean, Story's posted on threads, Sprite Comics, all forms of fan media)

For me, I hate how every single character that people add to their Fan-fic is either extremely over powered, and can fly.

I hate it when the fan-made sprites don't match the rest of the comic and when they clearly don't make an effort, also, I agree with you on the overpoweredness

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 16:24:06

im not a fag my post where me when i was hacked kapheese

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 17:39:44

At 4/22/09 07:10 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
5 years ago, I would have fit the first description.
9 years ago, I would have fit both descriptions.
Now I'm just light hearted and mature about it. But I'll always be there to defend Sonic. He needs someone in his corner, and I've yet to leave it.

I can pretty much say the same. Sure, the newer games are not as good as the older ones, but that still won't stop me from supporting the blue blur.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 19:44:23

Been a while guys. I am posting to say I may not be here for a while longer, if at all again. I am still into Sonic, but I am predisposed right now, so I will see if i can come back.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 19:47:51

At 4/26/09 11:59 AM, Firefoxrocks wrote: For me, I hate how every single character that people add to their Fan-fic is either extremely over powered, and can fly.

i hate how theyre drawn so poorly.
If youre gonna make something make sure it has good detail cuz nobody wants a messed up character.
And stop making them so powerful Imean cmon is there such a need for so much power?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 19:58:56

There are several things that peeves me about Fan-fiction.

The load of ridiculous, custom characters with generic personalities that have NO development.
Lack of unique and comprehensive back stories.
Warping the universe so that it's a Dragon Ball Z story with guns and Sonic characters (or something like that).
Excessive cursing (unless for comedic purposes).
Whenever there are more than 8 Emeralds.
Other than the character design--has no relations to anything Sonic.
stupid, short stories that could have gone somewhere, but didn't.
And that's just for starters.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 20:02:44

If you wanted to make a fin-fic of your own what would you do that wouldnt make it as lame as the others?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 21:09:19

At 4/26/09 07:58 PM, knuxrouge wrote: There are several things that peeves me about Fan-fiction.

Will you read my fan fiction stories and tell me what you think? 343GuiltySpark has read Days of Destiny: The Life of Miles "Tails" Prower. He said he liked it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 21:34:20

At 4/26/09 09:09 PM, MrAngel wrote:
At 4/26/09 07:58 PM, knuxrouge wrote: There are several things that peeves me about Fan-fiction.
Will you read my fan fiction stories and tell me what you think? 343GuiltySpark has read Days of Destiny: The Life of Miles "Tails" Prower. He said he liked it.

I read the first part of it, and like it I did.

Also, I have talked to Twone and he wanted me to tell you all that he is currently unable to log into newgrounds.

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-26 23:56:08

At 4/26/09 08:02 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: If you wanted to make a fin-fic of your own what would you do that wouldnt make it as lame as the others?

I would... erm... maybe I should keep away from those, I tried writing a story once, actually several times, and every time I tried to get my amazing and well thought out story into comic or written form it died in the process, I can come up with well thought out stories, I just can't keep going once I've started putting them down, never mind fanfics, that goes for everything

and yeah, stupid backstories and generic characters for anything other than satirical purposes annoys me

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-27 14:12:52

one thing I have noticed about Fan-fic, is that people hate Sonic, and love Tails.... Even in my work in progress, Tails is getting greater then or equal to the spotlight Sonics getting.

Kinda....

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-27 16:28:14

At 4/27/09 02:12 PM, Firefoxrocks wrote: one thing I have noticed about Fan-fic, is that people hate Sonic, and love Tails.... Even in my work in progress, Tails is getting greater then or equal to the spotlight Sonics getting.

Kinda....

Like the srpite comic you posted a while back?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-27 20:08:52

At 4/26/09 08:02 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: If you wanted to make a fin-fic of your own what would you do that wouldnt make it as lame as the others?

Give it a compelling original story that at the same time is loyal to the series. No new bastards, nice character development, stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-04-27 20:10:19

At 4/27/09 08:08 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Give it a compelling original story that at the same time is loyal to the series. No new bastards, nice character development, stuff like that.

You think that'll work?