00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

854,106 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-19 21:31:43

At 11/19/07 11:55 AM, Assi9 wrote:
At 11/19/07 11:13 AM, Twone wrote: Never played it before. What system is it for?

lol rhyme
Dreamcast; it was Sega's 'answer' to Mario Party, but the game ended up with a lot of hax & glitching, supposedly.

Half right, the game did not have any glitches from what I saw, the only real problems were the loading times were supposedly long (they were jet fast compared to playstation), cellshaded, recycled sound effects and VOs, a broken promise of Online gameplay, and some other shit that I don't care about, I was 12 when I played the game and at that age the game was all that mattered, the specifics did not mean shit.

Btw, congrats on the black belt. ^_^

Ditto.

At 11/19/07 08:18 PM, Mizox wrote: isn't that the thing where they forget to tell you the rules?

They told you the rules in the game manual, it also had a tutorial in the game.

anyways, I kinda do want to try it, I'll see if I have any money left after brawl and then hobble on down to GameStop to see if they have it, if they don't, eBay

Oh they didn't have it in Gamestop since it became Gamestop (I miss Funcoland). Ebay, definitely, Amazon too!

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-19 22:29:55

At 11/19/07 09:31 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Oh they didn't have it in Gamestop since it became Gamestop (I miss Funcoland). Ebay, definitely, Amazon too!

A few years ago, in the nearest Funcoland to me, the two clerks got shot on the job.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-19 22:56:08

At 11/19/07 10:29 PM, Twone wrote:
At 11/19/07 09:31 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Oh they didn't have it in Gamestop since it became Gamestop (I miss Funcoland). Ebay, definitely, Amazon too!
A few years ago, in the nearest Funcoland to me, the two clerks got shot on the job.

Location location location.
The Funcoland I lived near, was fun, full of people and no robberies or gun shots. It was in a shopping district where the security was tight.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-19 23:21:52

THAT'S where Funcoland went! I haven't heard that name in roughly 10 years - and only one existed remotely near where I was at the time.

in a desperate attempt to get back on-topic, does anyone else find that song on the Sonic & Mario at the Olympics commercial really annoying?

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-19 23:24:28

At 11/19/07 11:21 PM, Assi9 wrote: THAT'S where Funcoland went! I haven't heard that name in roughly 10 years - and only one existed remotely near where I was at the time.

Yes, Funcoland--for some dumb reason, became Gamestop. Bull right?

in a desperate attempt to get back on-topic, does anyone else find that song on the Sonic & Mario at the Olympics commercial really annoying?

Nope.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 02:36:01

At 11/19/07 11:21 PM, Assi9 wrote:

Europe's The Final Countdown? I kind of like that song, so nope.

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 04:16:35

At 11/13/07 03:22 PM, Twone wrote:
I bet you made an account just to say that.

My joining in April would disagree with you.

However, I did sign in just to say that. The bastard has my bourbon.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 15:29:46

At 11/19/07 11:21 PM, Assi9 wrote: in a desperate attempt to get back on-topic, does anyone else find that song on the Sonic & Mario at the Olympics commercial really annoying?

My friends did because they love the song and hate Sonic.

At 11/20/07 04:16 AM, Blankallax wrote: The bastard has my bourbon.

Oh, you Aussie drunks.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 17:12:48

Hey, we all had to do it!

Wink

By "wink" do you mean "no, you don't really have to do all that"?...Yes, I know, i'm gullible

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 17:23:38

yeah, funcoland was great, I got my first dreamcast (used and semi-unreliable) and a couple of dreamcast games there, it was a pity to see it go (especially when my DC broke, I'm glad I found one on eBay, it's in much better shape than my first one was too, my original always had problems with the disk drive, so it wasn't too much of a suprise when it finally broke, I think the previous owner must have done something to it)

I read on ign or somewhere where the manual and tutorial of shuffle, while they did explain the basics, left out certain things and how the minigame directions were sometimes incomplete and that you would often learn more from experimentation than from the rules, but that suits me fine

recycled voiceacting? I read where Knuckles was actually voiced by Drummond in that game because his SA voice had already quit and they hadn't yet cast his SA2 voice, if they had just recycled the voices he would have had the same voice as in Sonic Adventure

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 18:16:51

At 11/20/07 05:23 PM, Mizox wrote: recycled voiceacting? I read where Knuckles was actually voiced by Drummond in that game because his SA voice had already quit and they hadn't yet cast his SA2 voice, if they had just recycled the voices he would have had the same voice as in Sonic Adventure.

Its true and he actually did a good job at doing Knuckles, I don't think all the voices were recycled for that matter.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-20 20:22:16

At 11/20/07 05:12 PM, zombieman84 wrote:
Hey, we all had to do it!

Wink
By "wink" do you mean "no, you don't really have to do all that"?...Yes, I know, i'm gullible

That makes two of us. :P Now I'm not alone anymore.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-21 06:54:02

At 11/20/07 06:16 PM, HolyNightmare wrote:
At 11/20/07 05:23 PM, Mizox wrote: recycled voiceacting? I read where Knuckles was actually voiced by Drummond in that game because his SA voice had already quit and they hadn't yet cast his SA2 voice, if they had just recycled the voices he would have had the same voice as in Sonic Adventure.
Its true and he actually did a good job at doing Knuckles, I don't think all the voices were recycled for that matter.

I never said that ALL the voices were recycled, but a few of them were, some sounds were too. You have to play the game to know or check it out here, only view part 2 or more.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-22 00:57:51

At 11/21/07 06:54 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
You have to play the game to know or check it out here, only view part 2 or more.

drool must... play... NOW!!!!! I haven't played that game in years, but it all looks so... familiar... I MUST GET IT! I don't care that the CPs cheat, you play any game in which you and the CP are using identical characters and you will quickly notice them cheating, the races against Johnny in sonic rush adventure are an example, and besides, real people on online games do it too *cough*mariokartds*cough* so it's not like I'm not used to it, BRING IT ON!

now to find a copy of shuffle and ensure that I have some money left after brawl, the only way I'll have money left is if I use my Best Buy gift card, but then I wouldn't be able to reserve it, crap

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-22 04:51:17

At 11/22/07 12:57 AM, Mizox wrote:
At 11/21/07 06:54 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
You have to play the game to know or check it out here, only view part 2 or more.
drool must... play... NOW!!!!!

Yes, let it consume you, Shuffle Fever.

I haven't played that game in years, but it all looks so... familiar...

I said a similar thing when I saw the video.

I MUST GET IT!

Me too!

I don't care that the CPs cheat,

Neither do I, the CPU are hardasses though.

you play any game in which you and the CP are using identical characters and you will quickly notice them cheating.

They don't cheat, except on hard mode...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-22 23:25:51

Happy Tanksgiving! I think we should celebrate by posting that sprite of Super Eggman holding a turkey leg. :P

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-22 23:39:59

I don't know about you guys, but I think a rated M Sonic game would be awesome.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 17:54:32

At 11/22/07 11:25 PM, Assi9 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving! I think we should celebrate by posting that sprite of Super Eggman holding a turkey leg. :P

Yosh!

Sonic Crew

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 21:17:58

At 11/23/07 05:54 PM, Mizox wrote:
At 11/22/07 11:25 PM, Assi9 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving! I think we should celebrate by posting that sprite of Super Eggman holding a turkey leg. :P
Yosh!

Perfect. :P

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 21:20:53

At 11/23/07 05:54 PM, Mizox wrote: Yosh!

mmmmm...... turkey......

Life is good

"Difficult. Not impossible."

DA

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 22:54:35

At 11/23/07 09:17 PM, Assi9 wrote:
At 11/23/07 05:54 PM, Mizox wrote:
Yosh!
Perfect. :P

I'm surprised you even remembered that! it was about April 5th when I first posted that image, that was before I got a new hard drive (took a bit of scrounging on the old drive to even find it) it was even before I learned about customizing .gif palettes (that image is jpeg) ah, how it all comes back...
I remember how we were all contemplating what super eggman would look like (I don't remember why) so then I posted that, then someone else posted one, then I posted one of mine attacking his, then aggressive posted a crappy one, then I posted mine squishing his... ah, those were great days for the sonic crew

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 23:16:39

At 11/23/07 10:54 PM, Mizox wrote: I remember how we were all contemplating what super eggman would look like (I don't remember why) so then I posted that, then someone else posted one, then I posted one of mine attacking his, then aggressive posted a crappy one, then I posted mine squishing his... ah, those were great days for the sonic crew

sorry for double post, I'm just getting my facts straight

sorry, it was Twone, not Aggressive who posted the crappy one (sorry, but half the time I can't tell the difference between those two) and the other quality super eggman was posted by RyanKajito, all this happened on or before page 396 if anyone wants to look into it, (that was also around the time agg got his huge sonic plushie)

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 23:26:50

At 11/23/07 11:16 PM, Mizox wrote: sorry, it was Twone, not Aggressive who posted the crappy one

Wait, I did? Well, it was probably out of a joke.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 23:43:15

At 11/23/07 11:26 PM, Twone wrote:
At 11/23/07 11:16 PM, Mizox wrote: sorry, it was Twone, not Aggressive who posted the crappy one
Wait, I did? Well, it was probably out of a joke.

yes, you were joking (at least, I hope you were, considering that you were using 1337speak for that post)

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-23 23:46:27

At 11/23/07 11:43 PM, Mizox wrote: yes, you were joking (at least, I hope you were, considering that you were using 1337speak for that post)

Haha, oh yeah.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8717 1/396

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-24 08:28:39

Robotnik looks like he's having a happy thanksgiving.
Oh, and a Super Robotnik had once existed in the Sonic the Hedgehog (actual title) series.
It was the episode Robotnik collected all the emeralds and went back in time to take down Sonic so he would disappear in the present(or maybe thats a different episode, I don't know its been over 10 years).
But what is for sure that Super Robotnik had once existed.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-24 15:58:31

At 11/24/07 08:28 AM, knuxrouge wrote: Robotnik looks like he's having a happy thanksgiving.
Oh, and a Super Robotnik had once existed in the Sonic the Hedgehog (actual title) series.
It was the episode Robotnik collected all the emeralds and went back in time to take down Sonic so he would disappear in the present(or maybe thats a different episode, I don't know its been over 10 years).
But what is for sure that Super Robotnik had once existed.

I think I read something about that once (on wikipedia) and yes, he is having a good thanksgiving

do you mind if I have a go at the sonic vs. shadow fight scene? I feel that I've kind of been not contributing recently and I'd like to try out some animation for the project

Sonic Crew

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-24 18:15:18

Lol, Sonic gets pwned by a turkey leg..... :P

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-24 22:31:47

At 11/24/07 06:15 PM, Assi9 wrote: Lol, Sonic gets pwned by a turkey leg..... :P

he's survived worse (such as bad animations, the productions of fatbadger, fancomics, fanfics, and Chris Thorndike)

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-11-25 01:15:18

At 11/24/07 10:31 PM, Mizox wrote:
At 11/24/07 06:15 PM, Assi9 wrote: Lol, Sonic gets pwned by a turkey leg..... :P
he's survived worse (such as bad animations, the productions of fatbadger, fancomics, fanfics, and Chris Thorndike)

Ahahah fatbadger Sonic flash were down right fucked up, the guy probably smoked something freaking strong when he decided to make those