00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iva0413 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

844,972 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-26 22:59:44

At 1/26/07 10:26 PM, Twone wrote:
At 1/26/07 10:25 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
Sonic was never on the Gameboy, Game Gear Yes but not gameboy, its easy to say this because I love and cherish Sonic, I have majority of the Sonic games and systems they were released on and lastly, Sonic was strictly Sega back then and GameBoy is Nintendo. Yep!
He means the GBA version. There was one. And apparently it sucked.

I thought he meant original GameBoy. In that case.. my bad.

I checked for Sonic on GameBoy, there was none on Original, or Color, but Advance and The DS both had some (DS- Sonic Rush, GBA- too many to list).. and in my opinion the GBA ones' suck but Sonic Rush is actually pretty good in my opinion. I mean it sucks you can play as Super Sonic in regular gameplay (only in extra) but besides that its good, give it a try if you haven't already

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-26 23:19:18

At 1/26/07 10:25 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote

Isnt it true though that most of the Virtual Console games on the Wii are just straight rips from the old games??

yup!
and I suggest that everyone interested goes to to the ign page on secret rings and views the movie uploaded on the 25th, you will like it, honest, it's good,
err...
FIRE SONIC!

P.S. do you have any idea how long it takes to backspace with the wii browser?

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 06:12:44

At 1/26/07 02:33 PM, Mizox wrote: SECRET RINGS UPDATE!
you remember how I said the game would include other characters in a different light? it actually means that the genesis-era sonic characters, while not playable in 1 player mode, will make appearances as various arabian nights characters, Knuckles is Sinbad the pirate, Eggman is some fat old king, and tails and amy are in there too, I forget who tails is and it didn't say who amy was

Well, looks like all my hopes that this game would be semi decent just exploded. Honestly WTF is that! That is possibly segas worst idea to date. Why dont they make all the characters space cowboys while theyre at it? Wasnt this game supposed to have the closest feel to the old games? Arabian Night characters i have to say thats the worst F***ing idea ive ever heard! Way to go sega! Your continued intelligence helps another sonic game go from a great original idea to a steaming pile of shit.

Eggman is not the main enemy, he might not be an enemy at all, the big bad guy is some wierd made-up thing which is for some reason trying to take over a sub-universe hidden within a book, as you probably already know, sonic has access to a fiery boost remenicent of chaos control from shadow the hedgehog, and it was recently noted that one of sonic's power-ups enables a time-stop also similar to shadow the hedgehog (well at least they ported over the useful stuff and not the weapons)

Ive heard that before, Eggman hasnt been the main enemy since SA2 so thats another idea thats gone old. Now i wont go into too much detail of how much i loathe the story idea for this game. I will go as far to say it is made of fail. So much in fact that i wish to kick the lead story writer for the game right in the crotch region. Magic book pages??? Thats not sonic at all.

and as for the speed, well, the stats of the consol have nothing to do with the speed of the game, all you are doing after all is changing the character's x, y, and z coordinates, and you don't need much power to do that, so HAH!

Im sorry, but your wrong, very wrong. To give the effect of intense speed a system has to have the graphical capabilities to make it feel as if you actually are travelling fast. The 360 achieved this with Next gen and such a feat would not have been possible on the original xbox. Sure you can go fast in the game im sure but the better a consoles graphics capabilities the greater speed effect you can give. If only it were as simple as changing coordinates and im sorry to inform you but to make anything look good you need power. Im pretty sure rapidly changing coordinates would require alot of power, an area that unfortunately the Wii lacks in.

from what I'v seen of the game the graphics and physics look pretty good, the framerate is only 30fps (if you use NTSC, it's only 25 if you use PAL) but at least it's 480p wide, it isn't HD, nothing on the wii is, but it's close enough, and I'v noticed that as long as things keep moving your brain automatically fills in the quality, basically, you only notice the lower quality when it's a still image, and a sonic game is anything but still.

Im not going to bash the Wii for its graphics any further in fear that ill get a "graphics isnt everything" response. Honestly my mind shuts down when i play video games, thats the whole point of them, i can sit there and play for hours in mind numbing enjoyment.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 08:20:48

At 1/27/07 06:12 AM, Aggressive wrote:
At 1/26/07 02:33 PM, Mizox wrote: SECRET RINGS UPDATE!
you remember how I said the game would include other characters in a different light? it actually means that the genesis-era sonic characters, while not playable in 1 player mode, will make appearances as various arabian nights characters, Knuckles is Sinbad the pirate, Eggman is some fat old king, and tails and amy are in there too, I forget who tails is and it didn't say who amy was
Well, looks like all my hopes that this game would be semi decent just exploded. Honestly WTF is that! That is possibly segas worst idea to date. Why dont they make all the characters space cowboys while theyre at it? Wasnt this game supposed to have the closest feel to the old games? Arabian Night characters i have to say thats the worst F***ing idea ive ever heard! Way to go sega! Your continued intelligence helps another sonic game go from a great original idea to a steaming pile of shit.

Ditto! Why can't they kick the story out the window. All that's needed is Sonic, Tails (and maybe a couple of others, like Knuckles) with a reason to get Eggman (e.g. he's built his 48th "hedgehog-proof" doomsday device).

Eggman is not the main enemy, he might not be an enemy at all, the big bad guy is some wierd made-up thing which is for some reason trying to take over a sub-universe hidden within a book, as you probably already know, sonic has access to a fiery boost remenicent of chaos control from shadow the hedgehog, and it was recently noted that one of sonic's power-ups enables a time-stop also similar to shadow the hedgehog (well at least they ported over the useful stuff and not the weapons)
Ive heard that before, Eggman hasnt been the main enemy since SA2 so thats another idea thats gone old. Now i wont go into too much detail of how much i loathe the story idea for this game. I will go as far to say it is made of fail. So much in fact that i wish to kick the lead story writer for the game right in the crotch region. Magic book pages??? Thats not sonic at all.

Half the time, Eggman helps to save the world.

and as for the speed, well, the stats of the consol have nothing to do with the speed of the game, all you are doing after all is changing the character's x, y, and z coordinates, and you don't need much power to do that, so HAH!
Im sorry, but your wrong, very wrong. To give the effect of intense speed a system has to have the graphical capabilities to make it feel as if you actually are travelling fast. The 360 achieved this with Next gen and such a feat would not have been possible on the original xbox. Sure you can go fast in the game im sure but the better a consoles graphics capabilities the greater speed effect you can give. If only it were as simple as changing coordinates and im sorry to inform you but to make anything look good you need power. Im pretty sure rapidly changing coordinates would require alot of power, an area that unfortunately the Wii lacks in.

You're right about that. But still, you could probably put better effects on a Wii than a PS2 or an Xbox.

I'v noticed that as long as things keep moving your brain automatically fills in the quality, basically, you only notice the lower quality when it's a still image, and a sonic game is anything but still.

The reason you only notice it when it's still is because you have way more time to look at it, and once you've looked at it enough your brain wants something to look for, and the only other thing is bits of bad quality, really.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 09:43:41

At 1/27/07 08:20 AM, Eclipse-the-Hedgehog wrote:
Why dont they make all the characters space cowboys while theyre at it?

Now THAT'S a game worth playing!

Half the time, Eggman helps to save the world.

Happens in Next Gen, too.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 19:54:14

At 1/27/07 09:43 AM, Twone wrote:

I believe you forgot your sarcasm tags: [sarcasm][/sarcasm]

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 20:09:29

At 1/27/07 07:54 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote:
At 1/27/07 09:43 AM, Twone wrote:
I believe you forgot your sarcasm tags: [sarcasm][/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]Unless he was telling the truth![/sarcasm]

Work that out!

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 20:17:50

Sorry to double-post, but I just noticed this! Happy 90,000 views!

Hang on...it'll be 90,001 now...

Sonic Crew

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 20:49:43

Hey guys. I'm writing a Sonic FanFic and I thought you guys might like to read it. The link to my Sheezy Art page where I am putting the story up at is in my sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-27 23:03:16

At 1/27/07 08:17 PM, Eclipse-the-Hedgehog wrote: Sorry to double-post, but I just noticed this! Happy 90,000 views!

At 1/27/07 08:49 PM, TheMattrix wrote: Hey guys. I'm writing a Sonic FanFic and I thought you guys might like to read it. The link to my Sheezy Art page where I am putting the story up at is in my sig.

I read only a few sentences. Maybe I'll read more when I'm not tired, and it's not late at night.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 00:18:03

At 1/27/07 08:49 PM, TheMattrix wrote: Hey guys. I'm writing a Sonic FanFic and I thought you guys might like to read it. The link to my Sheezy Art page where I am putting the story up at is in my sig.

Wow, I... Don't know what to say. I'm shivering either from that story, or the cold down here in my basement. Probably the first, since im wearing a sweatshirt and winter hat.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 00:34:58

At 1/28/07 12:18 AM, kill343guiltyspark wrote:
Wow, I... Don't know what to say. I'm shivering either from that story, or the cold down here in my basement. Probably the first, since im wearing a sweatshirt and winter hat.

What in that story makes you shiver? I didn't think I was writing anything that would spark any sudden emotions.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 00:41:47

I'm not logged in with my wii for once (my parents are using the television), so, who hates me today? (I bet it's aggressive, it usually is)

At 1/27/07 06:12 AM, Aggressive wrote: secret-rings bashing stuff

you have made sonic angry, now he'scoming to get you, RUN AGGRESSIVE RUN!

Sonic Crew

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 10:31:16

At 1/28/07 12:34 AM, TheMattrix wrote:
What in that story makes you shiver? I didn't think I was writing anything that would spark any sudden emotions.

There were probably scary themes in it.

Also, Biff.

Sonic Crew

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 12:54:21

At 1/28/07 12:41 AM, Mizox wrote: so, who hates me today? (I bet it's aggressive, it usually is)

Yes im a very angry person at times but i do not hate you, dont take it personal im just very anti nintendo ever since the Gamecube.

you have made sonic angry, now he'scoming to get you, RUN AGGRESSIVE RUN!

Is that a screenshot from the game? It looks pretty impresive right there, too bad i can tell that its not in game footage.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 13:19:36

At 1/28/07 12:54 PM, Aggressive wrote:
Is that a screenshot from the game? It looks pretty impresive right there, too bad i can tell that its not in game footage.

yeah you are right, that's just a prerendered cutscene, but look, even sonic rush had passable speed effects, and it is on a consol barely more powerful than the n64, so, here is an actual screenshot, very speedy, although you don't really notice the speed effects unless you see it in motion, so I suggest you watch the sonic dinosaur trailer at IGN, it really does look good

Sonic Crew

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 14:44:10

At 1/28/07 01:19 PM, Mizox wrote:
yeah you are right, that's just a prerendered cutscene, but look, even sonic rush had passable speed effects, and it is on a consol barely more powerful than the n64, so, here is an actual screenshot, very speedy, although you don't really notice the speed effects unless you see it in motion, so I suggest you watch the sonic dinosaur trailer at IGN, it really does look good

Thats awesome! but a targeting system? That should make for intresting gameplay. Kinda reminds me of Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast. The narrator is somewhat annoying, hopefully thats only for the first stage or two. Sonic's voice in this one is alright, not the best but still better than most attempts at it before.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 14:47:01

At 1/28/07 01:19 PM, Mizox wrote:

Hmm, maybe the Nintendo Wii will make the sonic games look even better. The Speed Effects, the camera angles, and the graphics looked awesome. Too bad I'm not getting the Wii for awhile. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:05:23

considering that I like all sonic games no matter how crappy other people say they are (except for shadow the hedgehog, that one really is crap) I might not be the best opinionator, for something more strict, try IGN

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:19:27

At 1/28/07 03:05 PM, Mizox wrote: considering that I like all sonic games no matter how crappy other people say they are (except for shadow the hedgehog, that one really is crap) I might not be the best opinionator, for something more strict, try IGN

I think most of us, if not all, here agree that Shadow was a disgrace to Sonic. He was cool in Adventure but after a while he's like Tails, an annoying thing that doesn't know how to go away. Sega should've kept Metal Sonic instead of making Shadow. Metal Sonic was a better foe anyways. I just think they were trying their hardest to keep Sonic in the publics' eyes but went too far with making side characters have their own game. First it was Tails on the GameGear, and now its Shadow. Whats next? "Amy's Big Adventure"?

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:22:51

At 1/28/07 03:19 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
I think most of us, if not all, here agree that Shadow was a disgrace to Sonic. He was cool in Adventure but after a while he's like Tails,

tails isn't too bad

Whats next? "Amy's Big Adventure"?

Oh God No!

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:33:59

At 1/28/07 02:47 PM, Seamonky wrote:
Hmm, maybe the Nintendo Wii will make the sonic games look even better. The Speed Effects, the camera angles, and the graphics looked awesome. Too bad I'm not getting the Wii for awhile. :/

I'm not getting it. EVER. I might not ever play Secret Rings, either.

At 1/28/07 03:19 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Whats next? "Amy's Big Adventure"?

I'd play it.

With my woodchipper.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:35:36

At 1/28/07 03:05 PM, Mizox wrote: considering that I like all sonic games no matter how crappy other people say they are (except for shadow the hedgehog, that one really is crap) I might not be the best opinionator, for something more strict, try IGN

Yeah, It's the exact same story with me. Even the Shadow part!

And, how long it is and the story and everything aside, the actual gameplay of Secret Rings itself looks good, just a teeny wee bit restricted, is all.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 15:46:17

Sonic is my bitch. Like all of you.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 16:06:32

I fully agree Metal Sonic should be there instead of Shadow. And the game footage reminds me of a powered up version of Sonic Adventure I can agree.

I'm Black BITCH!!!!!!!!

(Click here to see my Myspace Profile)

Signature created by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 17:36:51

At 1/28/07 03:35 PM, Eclipse-the-Hedgehog wrote:
And, how long it is and the story and everything aside, the actual gameplay of Secret Rings itself looks good, just a teeny wee bit restricted, is all.

It does, but how would you control him with the remote?

At 1/28/07 03:46 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Sonic is my bitch. Like all of you.

Alright.

At 1/28/07 04:06 PM, Shade-Hedgehog wrote: I fully agree Metal Sonic should be there instead of Shadow. And the game footage reminds me of a powered up version of Sonic Adventure I can agree.

Those little yellow things make me think of the game Vexx.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 17:50:41

At 1/28/07 03:35 PM, Eclipse-the-Hedgehog wrote:

yeah, I find it best to just ignore the story, it's a game after all, not a movie, if you want a good story, read a book by a british author who nobody has ever heard of...

terry pratchet, read his books, NOW!

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 18:17:32

At 1/28/07 03:19 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:

:: Whats next? "Amy's Big Adventure"?

:I'd play it.

I would honestly play it most likely but just to see what it would be about.. maybe better than some of the releases in the past years?? Some were ok but making too many with nothing ew was Sega's problem.

At 1/28/07 03:46 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Sonic is my bitch. Like all of you.

Doubt it. He would kick your ass so fast you would be shitting rings for the next week... and Im no ones bitch.. NO ONES! except maybe Sega since I've stayed loyal through the years of remakes and pathetic attempts... but that doesnt count because Sonic WILL make a worthwild comeback one of these days and thats what I have to look forward to!

Also, has anyone here held a real hedgehog? My friend has 3 and they're awesome.. I'm now looking for one so if you know where to get one let me know!!

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 18:29:59

At 1/28/07 06:17 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
Also, has anyone here held a real hedgehog? My friend has 3 and they're awesome.. I'm now looking for one so if you know where to get one let me know!!

I've seen one. Also, I want someone to find me the picture of the hedgehog with its spikes dyed blue.

It's animal cruelty, but it's awesome.

Response to Sonic Crew 2007-01-28 20:46:30

At 1/28/07 06:29 PM, Twone wrote:!!

I've seen one. Also, I want someone to find me the picture of the hedgehog with its spikes dyed blue.

It's animal cruelty, but it's awesome.

After searching google images, on about page 3 there will start being actual hedgehogs named sonic.

BBS Signature