00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThomasBlack0001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

845,493 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 20:29:03

At 12/25/06 08:16 PM, Twone wrote:
At 12/25/06 08:03 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote: I got an Ipod Shuffle (the screenless one), and I've already loaded it with about 10 sonic songs. Not the origionals, but metalized versions (mostly by Denta). Merry Christmas to everyone here.
The ones by Metaljonus are great.

I like Paul-Stetich. In fact, he's my best friend. Here is his page.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 20:30:57

At 12/25/06 08:29 PM, NeoHyperShadow wrote:

He joined this club a while ago.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 20:32:34

At 12/25/06 08:16 PM, Twone wrote:
At 12/25/06 08:03 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote: I got an Ipod Shuffle (the screenless one), and I've already loaded it with about 10 sonic songs. Not the origionals, but metalized versions (mostly by Denta). Merry Christmas to everyone here.
The ones by Metaljonus are great.

I got a few from him too.

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 20:34:18

At 12/25/06 08:30 PM, Twone wrote:
At 12/25/06 08:29 PM, NeoHyperShadow wrote:
He joined this club a while ago.

I know, I'm the one that told him. He said he had never known there was a Sonic Crew on the BBS, so I pointed him and he must have joined. He said he did anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 22:30:01

At 12/25/06 07:49 PM, Twone wrote: I HAVE NEXT GEN!!

Woah nice, now set up an xbox live account and i will play you!

The only problem is, my 360 is... defective. My brother is going to get a new one tomorrow.

Yeah damn xbox 360's and thier hardware failures, thank god mine hasnt died... yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-25 22:45:29

At 12/25/06 10:30 PM, Aggressive wrote:
Yeah damn xbox 360's and thier hardware failures, thank god mine hasnt died... yet.

Whenever I start it, it freezes. I think we got a bad one. My brothers make fun of me for liking Sonic and getting the game, but what do I care? I'm gonna play the damn game. I'll leave my personal review of it tomorrow (if I get a new 360 by then).

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 04:09:41

Hello again. Just come to say how was everyone's Christmas? I got a Wii with Wii Sports, Wii Play, LOZ Twilight Princess and Rayman Raving Rabbids. I was playing yesterday with my family and they loved it as well. Enough about me, what did you guys get for Christmas?

Long Time Veteran of Sonic Crew (even though lots of you don't know it) and the Creator of Chao Club (which has died out, oh well). Yeah thats pretty much it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 06:36:50

Yeah, i got a Xbox 360 too. For some reason, my disc tray doesn't want to open remotely, and it doesn't want to open up when it's in the vertical postion. You know anyone to maybe losen up the disc tray?

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 09:01:06

At 12/26/06 04:09 AM, Shadow-of-Pain wrote: what did you guys get for Christmas?

Look at my last 10 or so posts and you'll see.

At 12/26/06 06:36 AM, Gorillazrock wrote: Yeah, i got a Xbox 360 too. For some reason, my disc tray doesn't want to open remotely, and it doesn't want to open up when it's in the vertical postion. You know anyone to maybe losen up the disc tray?

You should probably get it fixed. My xbox 360 won't even start. That's why I'm getting a completely new one.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 12:28:23

At 12/26/06 04:09 AM, Shadow-of-Pain wrote: Hello again. Just come to say how was everyone's Christmas? I got a Wii with Wii Sports, Wii Play, LOZ Twilight Princess and Rayman Raving Rabbids. I was playing yesterday with my family and they loved it as well. Enough about me, what did you guys get for Christmas?

A Wii as well with Sports, Play, 6000 Points, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Red Steel, and some other games.. Marvel is awesome! I havent played much Zelda yet and I also reserved Sonic and have it already paid for in full! I also got my Sega CD with Sonic CD.. thats one awesome game as well!

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 13:49:06

Alright everyone. I have played Sonic Next Gen. Here is a review that I have thought up of:
THE GOOD:
Controlling was pretty good some of the time. I liked the whole look of the "old game" feel to it. Graphics were awesome.
THE BAD:
Okay, this is where it gets interesting. In the first level, when Sonic goes, "IM NOT GUNA MAEK IT LETS GO FASTER!" the controls were horrendous. Tails tires out too quickly, and they don't tell you when you're using a side character. You couldn't control yourself on the loops and on water very well. I don't like it how you can't just jump into an enemy to kill him, you have to do a double attack. Some of the time, camera angles got annoying. I also don't like the boosters on the ground that make him go faster and faster and faster and faster.
THE UGLY:
THOSE VOICES PISSED ME OFF! THEY SOUND LIKE FUCKING KIDS! THEY ANNOYED ME SO MUCH!
OVERALL:
Overall I give this game a 5/10. It's not very good. I am not a hardcore Sonic fan like most of you are. If you are a hardcore Sonic fan, you might like the game.
I'm still going to play the game, though. And Aggressive, I might play you on live because I think I'm going to get live. But first, answer me this: how is the multiplayer? I didn't play it yet.

I am sorry if I made anybody cry.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 15:26:09

You didn't make me cry. I kinda saw that all coming. I'm not a HARDCORE fan of the new games either. I'm glad I didn't spend my money.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 16:58:12

It's finally here! The birth of Neo Hyper Shadow!

Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 18:39:38

Uggggh multiplayer is even worse than one player. Silver is too confusing.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 19:04:48

At 12/26/06 04:58 PM, NeoHyperShadow wrote: It's finally here! The birth of Neo Hyper Shadow!

So that's what you want it to look like... I'll see what I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 22:40:12

I played more of Next Gen. It still has flaws, the voices are still annoying as hell, but it's kinda fun to play. I thought Silver would sound like a man, not a kid!

I have to stop posting today. I have about 40 from today! No more posts for today.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 22:47:39

At 12/26/06 01:49 PM, Twone wrote: Alright everyone. I have played Sonic Next Gen. Here is a review that I have thought up of:

You just played it?I got it yesterday..

THE GOOD:
Controlling was pretty good some of the time. I liked the whole look of the "old game" feel to it. Graphics were awesome.

Ehhh...
Well,you are right.One thing I didn't like was how Sonic and Co. resemble action figures.If you look closely at their figure and design,they do kinda' look like action figures/toys in motion 3-D..etc...

THE BAD:
Okay, this is where it gets interesting. In the first level, when Sonic goes, "IM NOT GUNA MAEK IT LETS GO FASTER!" the controls were horrendous. Tails tires out too quickly, and they don't tell you when you're using a side character. You couldn't control yourself on the loops and on water very well. I don't like it how you can't just jump into an enemy to kill him, you have to do a double attack. Some of the time, camera angles got annoying. I also don't like the boosters on the ground that make him go faster and faster and faster and faster.

The thing I didn't like was the slight lack of creativity(I:E:Scepter of Darkness??)and that Robotnik is still called Eggman! He was called ROBOTNIK..BUT NOW HE'S EGGMAN.It would have made sense in the first 3 games when he actually looked like an egg!Now,hhe actually looks like a villain and a mad scientist...GOD!!!YUJI NAKA!!WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!!

THE UGLY:
THOSE VOICES PISSED ME OFF! THEY SOUND LIKE FUCKING KIDS! THEY ANNOYED ME SO MUCH!

What the hell?Don't include that in a review.That's just your opinion.The voices sounded fine to me,the only voice that bothered me was Silver's.

OVERALL:
Overall I give this game a 5/10. It's not very good. I am not a hardcore Sonic fan like most of you are. If you are a hardcore Sonic fan, you might like the game.

I'm a hardcore fan...

I'm still going to play the game, though.

That's a fair score.All the hype I was yelling about it to my family,I play it and find out it wasn't as great as I'd thought.

I'm on Silver's story and man are his levels annoying.I hate fighting as him...

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 22:49:14

At 12/26/06 10:47 PM, Rague wrote:
At 12/26/06 01:49 PM, Twone wrote:
You just played it?I got it yesterday..

Plz ignore that comment...

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 22:51:24

I'm on Sonic's story when Silver and Sonic engage a grueling fight of Mortal Kombat.

Wait, no more posts.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-26 23:05:52

At 12/26/06 10:51 PM, Twone wrote:
I'm on Sonic's story when Silver and Sonic engage a grueling fight of Mortal Kombat.

I already finished that.It's not that hard.However,Silever is a real cheap-ass with his telapathy..

Wait, no more posts.

???

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 02:26:17

Hey guys! Did you all have a Merry Christmas?

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 08:23:23

At 12/27/06 02:26 AM, ShadowGogeta wrote: Hey guys! Did you all have a Merry Christmas?

I sure did. What did YOU get for Christmas?

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 09:31:25

At 12/26/06 04:09 AM, Shadow-of-Pain wrote: what did you guys get for Christmas?

Well i got the laptop which i am posting from right now, its incredibly awesome, i can now go on the net from any room in my house! My Girlfriend got me a sterling silver sonic the hedgehog pendant which was worth big $$$ and i love it! Ill post a pic later. I also got Perfect Dark Zero and Project 8 for the 360. I got a few gift cards and lots of other things i cant be bothered listing. Twas a good christmas!

At 12/26/06 01:49 PM, Twone wrote: Alright everyone. I have played Sonic Next Gen. Here is a review that I have thought up of:

lol, i knew Twone was going to beat me to a review...im lazy...

THE GOOD:

I agree with that.

THE BAD:
Okay, this is where it gets interesting. In the first level, when Sonic goes, "IM NOT GUNA MAEK IT LETS GO FASTER!" the controls were horrendous.

This is the impression i got when i first played the game too, believe me it takes a while to get used to, but once you do those levels become the best levels in the whole game in my opinion.

Tails tires out too quickly, and they don't tell you when you're using a side character.

I wish they hadnt of had side characters in there at all to be honest.

You couldn't control yourself on the loops and on water very well. I don't like it how you can't just jump into an enemy to kill him, you have to do a double attack.

These are all things you get used to after time.

Some of the time, camera angles got annoying. I also don't like the boosters on the ground that make him go faster and faster and faster and faster.

The Camera angles can be horrible at times. Boss batles are the worst. I dont have any complaints about the boosters.

THE UGLY:

I didnt mind the voices at all. The only characters whose voice annoyed the hell out of me was Omega's

OVERALL:

5/10 is an alright rating. I promise you the more you play it the more youll like it. ONce you get used to a few of the controls and changes it really is a great game. If you can look past the simple errors and look at the game as a whole i think youll really enjoy it.

I'm still going to play the game, though. And Aggressive, I might play you on live because I think I'm going to get live. But first, answer me this: how is the multiplayer? I didn't play it yet.

Sweet! I'd better set up my live acount then...yes im extremely lazy...and i havent played the multiplayer yet either.

:'(

At 12/26/06 06:39 PM, Twone wrote: Uggggh multiplayer is even worse than one player. Silver is too confusing.

Yeah, i had a feeling the multiplayer would be bad... Youll get used to Silver but yes he is confusing.

At 12/26/06 10:40 PM, Twone wrote: I played more of Next Gen. It still has flaws, the voices are still annoying as hell, but it's kinda fun to play. I thought Silver would sound like a man, not a kid!

Muahaha! I knew it would turn you, welcome to the dark side! And yeah silvers 13 or something apparently, his voice also annoys me.

At 12/26/06 10:47 PM, Rague wrote: That's a fair score.All the hype I was yelling about it to my family,I play it and find out it wasn't as great as I'd thought.

I played it and it actually turned out to be better than i expected.

Yeah i havent done silvers story yet but playing one level as him and i really didnt like it.

At 12/26/06 11:05 PM, Rague wrote:
At 12/26/06 10:51 PM, Twone wrote: I'm on Sonic's story when Silver and Sonic engage a grueling fight of Mortal Kombat.
I already finished that.It's not that hard.However,Silever is a real cheap-ass with his telapathy..

Haha yeah Silver fights dirty! He throws you up in the air and then catches you straight out of the air. Its like a one hit kill. Took me a while to figure out what i had to do to beat him.

At 12/27/06 02:26 AM, ShadowGogeta wrote: Hey guys! Did you all have a Merry Christmas?

Oh we did! :)

Damn you to hell mega post!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 10:45:18

At 12/27/06 09:31 AM, Aggressive wrote:
Tails tires out too quickly, and they don't tell you when you're using a side character.
I wish they hadnt of had side characters in there at all to be honest.

How is Knuckles? I never played as him.

The Camera angles can be horrible at times. Boss batles are the worst. I dont have any complaints about the boosters.

Yeah, the first boss pissed me off.

I didnt mind the voices at all. The only characters whose voice annoyed the hell out of me was Omega's

It doesn't bother you that Tails sounds like a 4 year old girl? I'll bet you any money that Tails' voice was done by a girl.

Haha yeah Silver fights dirty! He throws you up in the air and then catches you straight out of the air. Its like a one hit kill. Took me a while to figure out what i had to do to beat him.

WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 11:22:42

Hey fellow Sonic Fans Merry Christmas.

I'm Black BITCH!!!!!!!!

(Click here to see my Myspace Profile)

Signature created by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 11:50:23

At 12/27/06 10:45 AM, Twone wrote: How is Knuckles? I never played as him.

Annoying! Half the time his punch moves miss. You dont use him much at all though, like twice maybe.

It doesn't bother you that Tails sounds like a 4 year old girl? I'll bet you any money that Tails' voice was done by a girl.

If i could be bothered to check wikipedia i think we would find out that his voice was done by a girl. Apparently Omega's male robotic voice is done by a woman which is quite horrifying...

WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!?

I just told you on AIM, now lets see if you can take him...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 12:59:02

At 12/27/06 11:50 AM, Aggressive wrote:
If i could be bothered to check wikipedia i think we would find out that his voice was done by a girl. Apparently Omega's male robotic voice is done by a woman which is quite horrifying...

And I am right.

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 15:16:25

It doesn't surprise me. Bart Simpson's voice is done by a girl too.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-27 22:53:25

Blaze SUCKS! Silver's a little hard to figure out. But Iblis (his first boss) is so badass.
Aggressive, you were right. The game keeps getting better and better!

Response to Sonic Crew 2006-12-28 04:54:21

Changing subject from the new sonic game on the 360, what is everyone's favorite moment in a Sonic game? Can be from any game, even the handhelds, and can go as far back as you like.

My favorite part had to be when Sonic jumps out of the Helicopter on Sonic Adventure 2. I didn't like the game as a whole, but i liked that level a lot.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature