00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top Reviewers List

187,704 Views | 4,565 Replies

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-05 12:36:39

At 1/5/05 07:08 AM, gfoxcook wrote: So wait, Boxing Day was the 27th in 2004, instead of the 26th, then?

I didn't know it was the next weekday, I thought it was always the 26th. Whoops. I guess it's USUALLY the 26th, but it can also be the 27th or 28th (if X-mas is on a Saturday or Friday)?

Nope. Boxing Day's always the 26th, we just get the bank holiday (read: day off work) on the next weekday if it (or Christmas Day for that matter... or New Year's Day) lands on a weekend.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-05 15:41:23

At 1/4/05 10:52 PM, RyanAn wrote:
At 1/4/05 08:45 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I only have 101 Reviews, but i have 24 Replies... so i figure thats a good %.

Anyway, i put alot into my reviews, though i review rarely. People like AloneinTheDark, -Know- FoxCatO and others have said really great things about my reviews. I was wondering what you guys thought?

Should i post a review here, or will someone go and read mine?

You will notice for the past 50 reviews i have been using my own reviewing system also that really breaks down the animators weaknesses and strengths. It is a program i made for myself in VB.
Welcome to the Top Reviewers List. You are one of the best reviewers to ever grace Newgrounds, plain and simple. The length and quality that you put into your reviews is just wonderful. You must spend a great amount of time on each submission you review.

Ryan

Wow, thanks. I did not expect a repsonce as nice as that.
Yes, i sometimes watch the flash 5 times before i review it, to make sure i can improve the animator n any way i can or, if i feel it was perfect, express my point of view and how it somehow touched me, made me laugh, or excited me, etc.

So in curiosity, what is this club all about? Other then reviewing of course, but i noticed you guys post a list every so often, what else goes on in this thread?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-06 03:58:22

At 1/5/05 11:20 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Should I decide to leave I'll remeber that. Man...this is just weird. I'm not used to seeing you with that icon. I'm too used to seeing the pick axe. Man...RG changes your whole perspective of NG.

ROFL i have only been on RG for about 6 months and on newgrounds for 4 years so there is some difference heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-06 15:54:39

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

I've been away these past few days, but im back now, ready to review some great flash, and it looks like there's been some real good ones lately.

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-06 18:58:34

At 1/6/05 03:54 PM, KWAS71KCK wrote: HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

I've been away these past few days, but im back now, ready to review some great flash, and it looks like there's been some real good ones lately.

Welcome back i was wondering where you ran off too, anyways welcome back...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-06 21:06:56

At 1/6/05 06:58 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:

Welcome back i was wondering where you ran off too, anyways welcome back...

~X~

Thanks, it kinda sucks since my mom doesnt have a computer where she lives, otherwise iu would've continued reviewing, but im back now and ready to review some more.

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 00:45:22

wow, holy shit. im away for 2 days and what do i get? a page of monster posts, and AN UPDATE?! FEKC!
anyhoo:

Gfox, im glad you share my views on the comma matter in our profiles and all... i agree with you and you agree with me...
lets embrace.
lol.
you said something about not being americans fault they live 12+ hours behind me? and that not everyone in the world can live in my time zone?
well i say this....
THEY CAN AND THEY WILL!!!!
lol. im gonna create a 'World Wide Westside' - Westside Connection. lol.

At 1/5/05 11:20 AM, SeeD419 wrote: At 1/4/05 07:09 AM, RedCircle wrote:
SeeD: 1
n00b: 0

lol, damn right.

^My trusty scorekeeper^

lol.

Damn strizzaight. Marcus holla represent boi glock gangsta cadillac banana

hahahah, that one cracked me up :P

That's how wazup190 got $64k, everybody donated their money to him. Why I don't know...I'm tempted to ask...The reason I'm staying active on there more than here is because RG will eventually be like NG is today. I might as well get up in the ranks while I still can.

okie dokie ill tell why i donate to X: because he bitched to me about Wazup having too much money, and wants me to give him all of mine :P :P :P lol.
i would be real high up in the ranks at RG if i didnt spend so much time on NG... but i love this place too much.
i went back today to check it out (RG), and its hella cool. id really like it if i could slow down time 2 fold... so i could spend time at both sites. but alas, it will not happen :(

162 isn't bad. I'm just about to hit 100 responses. I can't belive how many people decided to respond after I posted that:

i checked, its 142 reviews, with a 37% response rate... thats 54 or somethin. cant remember.

On NG I only have 71. I never bothered to calculate the % for either of them though. Another RG benefit, authors respond a lot more.

yeh, because they get money for it. if NG had a money thingo like RG does, this would easily be the biggest site on the internet. it would be one fucking huge RPG game type site, you know...
with over 650k members, lol.

No kidding. The BBS is definately dead and pictures do get old pretty fast. I think the lack of any sound is the biggest problem. They don't have an audio portal either. My focus has changed though. It used to be having fun, now it's sucess. Where that competitiveness came from I have no idea..

lol, i hear that. im competitive here though, not on RG.
because when i WAS active on RG, it was only starting out.. and it had like 300 members, and there was nothing to do...
and the money system was crap, and all.. so, yah.
RG in its crappy state put me off RG forever i guess. and theres the time issue too.

'joins in group hug' lol. I thanked him for replying to that n00b before I got the chance to.

lol... i replied to him AFTER you did, didnt i??
eh, i guess im still representing boi glock gangster killa cadillac banana eyyyy? lol.
----
thanks for the update Jon, good to see me back in 7th place... freakin YoinK, i must tame him... tame him to make him stop reviewing :P
----
BOOYACKASHA! Y'ALL BE CHECKIN THIS SHIT OUT YO'!
View Your Reviews (3,115)
(With Responses Only (1,019))
32.712%....
im getting close to my dream Response Rate of 33.333%... im still risin'! haha.
you know, about an hour ago i looked at my reviews, and out of the last 10 i had written, SEVEN (7) had got responses... thats fucking awesome it is.
----
Laaaate.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 12:59:57

FUnny review ~X~
Submission: SuperAdventureHeroesEp7 (3.58/5.00) Summary: ((( WOW )))
Reviewer: XwaynecoltX Time: 12:35:23 PM Overall: 10/10
Wow thsi was heellishy awsome, and well worth my time on it, i just love the detail and depth also love your style, never seen the others but i will soon, awsome stuff man...

~X~
Then why do you have reviews on two of the others?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=206138
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=201915

Starting to forget what you saw and review :)
See what haoppen when I get bored waitign to see if a link spammer is goign to come back.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 13:06:02

At 1/7/05 12:59 PM, ramagi wrote: FUnny review ~X~
Submission: SuperAdventureHeroesEp7 (3.58/5.00) Summary: ((( WOW )))
Reviewer: XwaynecoltX Time: 12:35:23 PM Overall: 10/10
Wow thsi was heellishy awsome, and well worth my time on it, i just love the detail and depth also love your style, never seen the others but i will soon, awsome stuff man...

~X~
Then why do you have reviews on two of the others?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=206138
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=201915

Starting to forget what you saw and review :)
See what haoppen when I get bored waitign to see if a link spammer is goign to come back.

ROFL tbh it may have been that long i dont even remember, alls i know this one currently in the portal was cool and neat to see, heh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 14:32:55

At 1/7/05 01:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: At 1/7/05 12:59 PM, ramagi wrote:: :

:: funny stuff

ROFL tbh it may have been that long i dont even remember, alls i know this one currently in the portal was cool and neat to see, heh...

~X~

Well you have no doubts I keep an eye out for everyone. My link spammer never came back. I do agree the lattest one is the best by far. Only reson I remembered you had reviewed a couple of them is I saw your reviews when I reviewed them some time back.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 15:51:26

I found this topic to be even more funny then that haha, silly ramagi haha...

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=215708

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 16:29:53

At 1/7/05 03:51 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I found this topic to be even more funny then that haha, silly ramagi haha...

~X~

Maybe I had somethign to do with that. Ever think of that?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 17:07:06

At 1/7/05 04:29 PM, ramagi wrote:
At 1/7/05 03:51 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I found this topic to be even more funny then that haha, silly ramagi haha...

~X~
Maybe I had somethign to do with that. Ever think of that?

Haha ya maybe so, your magic spell i see haha...

View Your Reviews (10,093)
(With Responses Only (1,312)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 17:27:07

hey wayne...

since your review god and all can i ask you this...

is . for the title and . for the content in a review and all 10s and/or 0s abusive??

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 18:26:54

At 1/7/05 05:27 PM, jamie_mcguire wrote: hey wayne...

since your review god and all can i ask you this...

is . for the title and . for the content in a review and all 10s and/or 0s abusive??

Well i remember wade once saying giving all 0's in a review doesnt help at all, and i only give tens if it really stands out and catches my attention, and im not a review god, nor a god of anything i just like to review, im sure ramagi will better handle the question she is the review mod around here, anyways hope i helped...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 18:59:28

Any new flash movies anyone wanna suggest i should watch and review? I havn't checked for any good ones lately.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 20:24:28

alright, i talked to liljim about the review part of the NG profiles... it looks good now. yey.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 20:42:15

At 1/7/05 08:24 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: alright, i talked to liljim about the review part of the NG profiles... it looks good now. yey.

hah! the reason i am posting here at the moment is that i refreshed my profile a minute a go, and i saw this :D ::::::

Top Reviewers List

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 20:45:16

At 1/7/05 08:42 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 1/7/05 08:24 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: alright, i talked to liljim about the review part of the NG profiles... it looks good now. yey.
hah! the reason i am posting here at the moment is that i refreshed my profile a minute a go, and i saw this :D ::::::

so do you think it looks better now or what??? what do you think?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 20:46:09

At 1/7/05 08:45 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 1/7/05 08:42 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
so do you think it looks better now or what??? what do you think?

I do not think it makes that big a difference, but why did you want it changed anyway? Was something a matter for you to approach liljim?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 21:01:14

At 1/7/05 08:46 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I do not think it makes that big a difference, but why did you want it changed anyway? Was something a matter for you to approach liljim?

well, people were complaining before that the comma that was added for the thousands looked weird with the underline of the link... so i gave liljim my idea to link the top line instead of the bottom line so then it looks nice now. yep

they really should update the profiles to make them match the rest of the site still.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 21:10:45

At 1/7/05 09:01 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote: well, people were complaining before that the comma that was added for the thousands looked weird with the underline of the link... so i gave liljim my idea to link the top line instead of the bottom line so then it looks nice now. yep

Ohh, okay. Wel lthen ya, it looks much better. I never really took notice to the comma, but now that you mention it, i remember it did look kinda funny.

they really should update the profiles to make them match the rest of the site still.

Ya, they should, but the ygot so much else on their plate as well... sooner or later they will catch up. I was talking to Wade about helping out with going through flagged reviews... he said they were still trying to work on a interface for that too and that he would contact me when they finally get that up. Plus all the stuff they have said over the year they have wanted to get done and now this years goals, which alot of people posted ideas for. With time, things will improve.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 21:28:14

At 1/7/05 09:01 PM, YoinK_VineS wrote:
At 1/7/05 08:46 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I do not think it makes that big a difference, but why did you want it changed anyway? Was something a matter for you to approach liljim?

it needed to be changed to make everything in order. it needed to be the same as BBS posts.

well, people were complaining before that the comma that was added for the thousands looked weird with the underline of the link... so i gave liljim my idea to link the top line instead of the bottom line so then it looks nice now. yep

*EHEM!!* YOUR IDEA?!?!?
fekcer.
i do believe that i thought of it originally (by complaining about it), but i did not put the actual idea forward.
that was GEEFOXX, NOT J()()!!!
pls dont take credit for things ya didnt d00, neck man :P

yes, yes they should.
ive been asking about that for yonks now.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 22:59:51

I should seriously kick my ass and start reviewing. I need some kind of motivation. Anyone has some ideas?

bleh, reviewing just seems to be a torture without the motivation.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-07 23:04:36

At 1/7/05 06:26 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 1/7/05 05:27 PM, jamie_mcguire wrote: normal review abusive question.
Well i remember wade once saying giving all 0's in a review doesnt help at all, and i only give tens if it really stands out and catches my attention.
~X~

Go look at my most recent psot in the abusive thread, I just posted about this there. I have psoted in the abusive thread about it before. no real need to repeat myself.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-08 01:10:43

At 1/7/05 11:04 PM, ramagi wrote: Go look at my most recent psot in the abusive thread, I just posted about this there. I have psoted in the abusive thread about it before. no real need to repeat myself.

ahh yes, the abusive review thread. i used to love that place, haha.
tell me, how many people on newgrounds have a gold whistle? i believe its only one... The_Joe or whatever.
and how many people have silver? isnt it like 2,500?
can you give me a rough estimate of how long it will take any of them to get to a gold whistle if they are flagging say 20 reviews a day?
interesting.
silver is enough for me.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-08 10:08:26

I didnt even notice that whole comma thing untill just now heh, i guess its cool, maybe talk more to liiljim and give the reviewers some more features or something...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-08 11:22:37

At 1/8/05 10:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I didnt even notice that whole comma thing untill just now heh, i guess its cool, maybe talk more to liiljim and give the reviewers some more features or something...

Ya, really. I would love that. What did you have in mind though?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-08 11:29:01

At 1/8/05 10:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I didnt even notice that whole comma thing untill just now heh, i guess its cool, maybe talk more to liiljim and give the reviewers some more features or something...

I think that our profiles need more attention than it did in the past. 650 000 people still have one so any change affects a huge part of the users browsing NG. Any positive change into the profiles can only be good for this site :)

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-01-08 11:40:24

At 1/8/05 11:22 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: Ya, really. I would love that. What did you have in mind though?

Heh i dont know really, but some cool stuff, maybe have a top 10 replys list like howmany replys we got, a top 10 audio review list could be another, also maybe some sorta vp with reviews or something...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature