00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme
Upgrade Your Account!

Hi! I'm here waving at you this weekend because we're hoping to recruit more supporters and continue our journey away from ads.

If you have $3 per month or $25 per year to spare, please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Top Reviewers List

153,814 Views | 4,580 Replies

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-04 20:18:38

At 4/4/05 03:14 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote:
At 4/4/05 10:58 AM, AnzRage wrote: These are the list of the top # of reviews made by users, but what about people that constantly post long helpful reviews?

yeh they are hard to find...
but Must_Williams makes huge ones.

For example, MARUCS manages to write good reviews and a lot of them at the same, how he manages it I'll never farking know =P

hahah, ill let you in on a lil secret...
i type at around 80 words per minute, and i dont often make spelling errors, haha... that really helps.
oh and im observant so i dont have to watch things twice to review them.
bleh.

finally, i livened the place up :) hahah.
well, it's a new day for me ... 10:30AM, on a tuesdee.
View Your Reviews (4,087)
(With Responses Only (1,383))

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-05 21:43:25

oh so y'all just gonna post for one day and thats it?
book mark this page! keep a link on your desktop!
DO SOMETHING!
haha,
once agian, i shall roll teh ball.

View Your Reviews (4,108)
(With Responses Only (1,392))

~X~ and KWAS, i'd really like to know how many responses you have.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-06 00:51:48

I only have like 700 something, but recently I've been writing pretty long and helpful reviews. I'd admit I used to give pretty bad reviews, but i've changed to be more mature.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-06 15:38:49

At 4/6/05 12:51 AM, AnzRage wrote: I only have like 700 something, but recently I've been writing pretty long and helpful reviews.

I'm pretty much in the same position as you, I don't write many reviews at all per day but I'd rather write less and a better review than lots of short crappy ones.
Great to see you writing such helpful reviews as you have, after all it's quality>quantity isn't it? All I can say is... keep it up! =D

I'd admit I used to give pretty bad reviews, but i've changed to be more mature.

Haha same here. I am too embarrassed to look at the first 2 or so pages of my reviews. I have to admit, I look at them now and they were so immature (and in some cases sweary) it makes me physically cringe.. it's too painful to look at them >-<. After the first few pages they weren't so bad though and I wrote a paragraph of about 100 words as a review, but they still weren't like they are now. Actually, I looked ay my reviews and only about the last 10 or so pages have been decent...

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-07 00:24:24

At 4/6/05 03:38 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: quality>quantity.

im pretty much with you.
but i myself would never write 700 word reviews, because i know that most authors wont infact read it, so there's no point, and it becomes a waste of time....

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-07 04:24:35

At 4/7/05 12:24 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 4/6/05 03:38 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: quality>quantity.

Everyone would agree with that.

but i myself would never write 700 word reviews, because i know that most authors wont infact read it, so there's no point, and it becomes a waste of time....

Long reviews look nice but mostly you could sum that stuff up into list instead of paragraphs.
___________________________________.______________________________________

In other news only 6 more reviews to go. well actually 10 some of my reviews have the flash marked for admin review. I just have a tendency to review those.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-07 07:43:14

At 4/7/05 12:24 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
im pretty much with you.

Haha I know I mean a decent review is at least a few lines of quality and non-abusive review. In no way do I expect everyone to write essays like me.... Jesus the NG would be a scary place if everyone did. Just ‘cos I write long reviews myself, doesn’t mean I think everybody else must =P
But then again that's just my personal style, I like it and to me it doesn't feel like a waste of time. True, it is a little annoying if I write a good review and nobody responds, but when they do I usually get very good responses and sometimes e-mails with praise on my reviews. People have said that I have helped them with suggestions, and I like to know that... after all that's what I'm here for - to help. Yeah I may be niggly and pick out little things wrong with the flash that other people may not, but I can't help that, it's just me. If a flash gets an 8 or 9 from me it is very good; but it just takes a lot to impress me and give a flash a 10, it might be very stingy I know that, but at the end of the day I like to explain why I did/didn’t like the flash, and I’m not one of those people who gives 10’s all wrong and just goes “Omfg that was excellent! Make more d00d!”

And ya can't always expect a response anyway, If I don't get one at least I know I tried *sigh*

At 4/7/05 04:24 AM, Iscrulz wrote:
Long reviews look nice but mostly you could sum that stuff up into list instead of paragraphs.

I could yeah, but I prefer not to. I know that some of the stuff i could sum up, but for me that just wouldn't be my style and in depth enough. If I summed everything up, I wouldn't be able to tell my thoughts, feelings and reactions on the flash to an author, which I like to do. Maybe some may say I am waffling, but I personally like to make the most of that review box when I write a review for each submission... after all, you do only get one chance right?

Also, if (and only if) you mean why don’t I write in paragraphs, I do. I’ve been asked why don’t I write in paragraphs but if you look carefully, they are there. Most people think a paragraph is a lump of text separated from another by a line in between. Again, I just personally don’t like to leave lines in between my paragraphs; it creates an illusion that the flash is longer than it actually is. Maybe I’m being weird there, I don’t know but that’s why I’ve never done that anyway haha.

In other news only 6 more reviews to go. well actually 10 some of my reviews have the flash marked for admin review. I just have a tendency to review those.

Excellent, not long at all till the big 1,000 :) Do you plan to carry on from there or have a break?

Haha, sorry for the long post. I guess there probably may be downsides ot my style of reviewing, but I just wanted to set the record straight and explain myself once and for all :)

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-07 22:06:15

At 4/7/05 07:43 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote: Haha I know I mean a decent review is at least a few lines of quality and non-abusive review. In no way do I expect everyone to write essays like me.... Jesus the NG would be a scary place if everyone did. Just ‘cos I write long reviews myself, doesn’t mean I think everybody else must =P

mmm true true.
a few really good lines is all that's really needed.
in a couple of weeks that is what ill start doing (in a review + b/p comp at the moment with 9 other members of NGDD, and big reviews = big points :) haha).

And ya can't always expect a response anyway, If I don't get one at least I know I tried *sigh*

some days ill do 10+ reviews and receive around 7 responses... that makes me pretty happy.

At 4/7/05 04:24 AM, Iscrulz wrote: Long reviews look nice but mostly you could sum that stuff up into list instead of paragraphs.

i hear that dude, i hear that.
sometimes, lots of detail isnt required to explain what you're trying to get accross to the author,
thus, making it a waste of time.

well done man, (about 1k reviews not reviewing admin review movies XD haha).
thats a nice milestone to hit, i remember when i made my 1000th, i was damn happy...
haha.

Excellent, not long at all till the big 1,000 :) Do you plan to carry on from there or have a break?

my advice to you Is, is dont write a massive review for your 1000th review, because later on it wont be your 1000th, due to massive deletion sprees by Wade...
in the last one (just before easter) i got around 80 reivews deleted :(

Haha, sorry for the long post. I guess there probably may be downsides ot my style of reviewing, but I just wanted to set the record straight and explain myself once and for all :)

i have no time to read all that :)
a downside indeed, haha.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 01:31:59

At 4/7/05 07:43 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote:
Also, if (and only if)

iff

Most people think a paragraph is a lump of text separated from another by a line in between.

I think it looks nice and perhaps gives the readers a break.

Go onward.

At 4/7/05 10:06 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: well done man, (about 1k reviews not reviewing admin review movies XD haha).
thats a nice milestone to hit, i remember when i made my 1000th, i was damn happy...
haha.

only 7 more.

my advice to you Is, is dont write a massive review for your 1000th review, because later on it wont be your 1000th, due to massive deletion sprees by Wade...
in the last one (just before easter) i got around 80 reivews deleted :(

Aye aye. I know I have 5 that will be deleted so on the 1,005th review I will mark 1,000. I lucky only had about 10 deleted.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 01:51:12

At 4/8/05 01:31 AM, Iscrulz wrote: Aye aye. I know I have 5 that will be deleted so on the 1,005th review I will mark 1,000. I lucky only had about 10 deleted.

ahh yes but never under estimate the deletion powers of teh waid... they're fucking massive.

View Your Reviews (4,144)
(With Responses Only (1,400))

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 06:45:13

Meh its been a long time since i been here, whats new people? anything exciting?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 07:02:37

At 4/8/05 06:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Meh its been a long time since i been here, whats new people? anything exciting?

yeh... sorta.
me and Yoink had a bad-ass review battle that lasted a good 2-3 months... he ended up the bitch because he had a busy-as-a-bitch lifestyle, as opposed to my... school life, ahaha.
recently, Ryan reached 4,300 reviews, and will sooner or later overtake Cyberdevil, taking back his number 4th spot...
but then, if i already havent ill just PWN them all and overtake them both with my 1337 typing skills XD hahaha.
so yeh.
also, i had a skim through your reviews.... and you're up to 10,250...
your 10,000th being made on January 4th :S
looks like someone's been posting too much on RG :P haha.

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 07:10:31

At 4/8/05 07:02 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: also, i had a skim through your reviews.... and you're up to 10,250...
your 10,000th being made on January 4th :S
looks like someone's been posting too much on RG :P haha.

Heh no, i have basicly retired from ng reviewing compitition, i may review now and then if its really good, or someone requests a review, im way to busy with website stuff and all...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 20:07:26

At 4/8/05 07:10 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: me + ng = fail.

yeh i hear ya. you've pretty much built up your stats to a very respectable level, and now you're doing the same on RG and all...
o well, meh!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 20:19:09

At 4/8/05 08:07 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 4/8/05 07:10 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: me + ng = fail.

Nah i have succeeded long time ago my friend just ask the ninja haha...

Top Reviewers List

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-08 21:56:25

At 4/8/05 08:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Nah i have succeeded long time ago my friend just ask the ninja haha...

no i mean nowadays.
i should have said:
you + ng = no.
lol.
you + rg = fucking fuck yes yes!!!
hahaha.
i just never, ever see you around here anymore...
its saddening!!!!
sex masters cant leave! wtf!!!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-09 02:09:23

At 4/8/05 06:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Meh its been a long time since i been here, whats new people? anything exciting?

~X~

Nothing exciting here for me.... just working my butt off at work, lol.

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-09 04:08:12

At 4/9/05 02:09 AM, KWAS71KCK wrote: Nothing exciting here for me.... just working my butt off at work, lol.

you must love watching flashes and playing games...
13 reviews since 12AM...
its 4AM...
and i imagine you went to bed at 2AM..
bleh, not much has been going on at my neck of the woods, im looking to go at a sturdy pace of 10 a day, that should do me.
i won the 1 week review comp over at RG, and i think ill keep reviewing there for a while...
meh.

View Your Reviews (4,157)
(With Responses Only (1,405))
KWAS - how many responses do you have?

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-09 05:14:54

At 4/8/05 09:56 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: i just never, ever see you around here anymore...
its saddening!!!!
sex masters cant leave! wtf!!!

Dont get your thongs in a bind thanks haha...

More ninjas?

Top Reviewers List

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-09 20:11:55

At 4/9/05 05:14 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Dont get your thongs in a bind thanks haha...

where i come from, thongs aren't g-strings, they're things you wear on your feet...
ill try and get a pic of one.

More ninjas?

YA!
....in america i think you cal them 'flip flops'... fags!

Top Reviewers List

Response to Top Reviewers List 2005-04-09 20:16:19

At 4/2/05 06:22 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 4/2/05 05:22 AM, Tiger_Chick wrote:
At 4/1/05 11:46 AM, jonthomson wrote:
Lock this thread.
Bwahahahaha.
i would laugh so hard...
then kill you :)

Laugh hard, then kill me. This thread has run it's course. Please post any reviewing milestones in the main Wi/Ht thread. LOCK.