00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZolarigoDraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist

5,350 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Anyone know of how I can contact a graffiti artist in in the Philadelphia area? They don't even need a portfolio, per se. I'm tempted to contact the local police department to help me locate someone, actually...

But I want to find out how much it would cost to have a concrete block wall in our office done up in some authentic graffiti. I'm not talking carefully painted murals here, but real spray can type art.

Any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 16:24:28

At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote: Anyone know of how I can contact a graffiti artist in in the Philadelphia area?

Follow the rules bob.

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 16:50:56

Nah bob asking for a graffiti artist in the art forum is like the president spelling potato potatoe. Just try to ignore it.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 16:57:31

I know some people in Philly. I'll ask around for you and try to get some samples, if you want.

"Whoever said 'winners never quit' obviously never considered addicts." - Hoeloe

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 17:07:35

At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote:
Any ideas?

Graphitti Crew

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 17:22:13

At 2/20/08 04:50 PM, Coaly wrote: Nah bob asking for a graffiti artist in the art forum is like the president spelling potato potatoe. Just try to ignore it.

Why you little....!

Seriously, though. What's wrong with *requesting* graffiti? I don't want one for criminal purposes, there is a legitimate one-time gig here for someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 17:31:11

At 2/20/08 05:07 PM, darx wrote:
At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote:
Any ideas?
Graphitti Crew

And not a bad idea, but after looking through page after page of shots I grew tired of searching for a *Philly*-based artist. :/

I'll post in there and hopefully someone will know someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 17:31:55

At 2/20/08 05:22 PM, bob wrote:
At 2/20/08 04:50 PM, Coaly wrote: Nah bob asking for a graffiti artist in the art forum is like the president spelling potato potatoe. Just try to ignore it.
Why you little....!

Seriously, though. What's wrong with *requesting* graffiti? I don't want one for criminal purposes, there is a legitimate one-time gig here for someone.

Just joking :p requests are against the rules of the art forum, and you have to start a thread with your own original art, but what I was saying is it's not a big deal...since you're staff! just like bush supporters look the other way when he's a 5th grader.

did that sound worse? haha

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 18:19:37

At 2/20/08 05:31 PM, Coaly wrote:
Just joking :p requests are against the rules of the art forum, and you have to start a thread with your own original art, but what I was saying is it's not a big deal...since you're staff! just like bush supporters look the other way when he's a 5th grader.

Well that's dumb. What's the point of having a resource for artists if it can't be used to hire one?! :(

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 18:24:20

At 2/20/08 06:19 PM, bob wrote: Well that's dumb. What's the point of having a resource for artists if it can't be used to hire one?! :(

Because then you've got hundreds of "Make art for me because I'm too lazy" threads.

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 18:46:33

At 2/20/08 06:24 PM, PeiMei wrote:
At 2/20/08 06:19 PM, bob wrote: Well that's dumb. What's the point of having a resource for artists if it can't be used to hire one?! :(
Because then you've got hundreds of "Make art for me because I'm too lazy" threads.

Well I'm not asking for someone to "make me art". I'm asking if anyone knows a true graffiti artist. And if this thread gets a few, or hell even a dozen ACTUAL, AUTHENTIC job offerings turning this partly into a classified section for artists for hire, then I don't see that it'd be the end of the world.

I'd argue that'd be a far cry from "OMG PLZ DRAW ME SUMPIN THAT WOULD ROXORZ!"

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 19:05:13

At 2/20/08 06:46 PM, bob wrote:
At 2/20/08 06:24 PM, PeiMei wrote:
Well I'm not asking for someone to "make me art". I'm asking if anyone knows a true graffiti artist. And if this thread gets a few, or hell even a dozen ACTUAL, AUTHENTIC job offerings turning this partly into a classified section for artists for hire, then I don't see that it'd be the end of the world.

I'd argue that'd be a far cry from "OMG PLZ DRAW ME SUMPIN THAT WOULD ROXORZ!"

Lol, nothing dumb in using the search bar and finding a graffiti thread either.
Anyways, this specific part of the forum is meant for show case. Similar to deviant art. at least until certain features are finalized. If we allowed people to make requests, we would have 5 pages of people are making requests, and offering money for work they have no intention on paying, which has happened quite a few times...

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 19:20:02

MOD FIGHT MOD FIGHT!

lol jk

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 20:24:23

At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote: Any ideas?

Could you to make a NEWS post? You would probably get alot more helpful responses that way and it would attract alot more people.

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 20:26:35

At 2/20/08 08:24 PM, PeiMei wrote:
At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote: Any ideas?
Could you to make a NEWS post? You would probably get alot more helpful responses that way and it would attract alot more people.

art forum lounge works good too.

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 20:47:43

If you want 'raw' do it your self, otherwise you could contact graffiti oriented forums an such

REALITIY, IT'S JUST, IT'S JUST-REALITY

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-20 21:25:24

Although the site is pretty much down right now, theres a good chance you could find someone over here on the forums when (and if) it comes back up.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 12:00:34

At 2/20/08 09:25 PM, bucher wrote: Although the site is pretty much down right now, theres a good chance you could find someone over here on the forums when (and if) it comes back up.

Seems to be an Australian site. What part of LOCAL don't people get?

Same thing goes for the Graffiti Crew. They seem to all be on the other side of the world, too. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 12:26:21

I tried googling but it didn't find anything

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 14:13:38

Drop it off at some rail lines and pick it up a week later. Itll be covered

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 14:54:37

non-contribution:

I know one philly based writer, but I think he only does tags and throws, no pieces. And I don't have his contact info anymore. Yeah, not helping, am I?

Did you just browse through the graffiti crew, or ask if there were any Philly based ones?

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 15:22:04

At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote: a concrete block wall in our office
At 2/22/08 02:13 PM, TjA wrote: Drop it off at some rail lines and pick it up a week later. Itll be covered

lol, do that.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 15:45:03

Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

Or look in the art forum lounge.

Friend Codes? Contact me.

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 16:38:37

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 16:44:28

I'm pretty sure it's just a stupid alt making a topic btw...

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 18:12:29

At 2/22/08 04:44 PM, Lorkas wrote: I'm pretty sure it's just a stupid alt making a topic btw...

You think bob's an alt?

You will bow to me!

plzdntban

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 18:32:50

How to tell if it is a mod or an alt:
1: There is a motherfucking kickass picture under their name
2: Other mods talk to them, as if they were that certain mod
3: They have proper grammer
4: They speak with a condencending (?) tone to retards like you, person who thinks bob is an alt.

Based off this, Id say there is a good chance that bob is the real bob and not fake bob. And this isnt some star trek inspired anti bob either.

On topic: How local do you want the artist? Like right where you live or just in this country, cause I know a fantastic artist, he is an anime artist, but He learns new styles of art as if it were basic addition, that easy.

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-22 18:33:39

If I lived in Philly, I would do it for free.

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-23 08:22:08

At 2/22/08 06:12 PM, PeiMei wrote:
At 2/22/08 04:44 PM, Lorkas wrote: I'm pretty sure it's just a stupid alt making a topic btw...
You think bob's an alt?

Duh!

BBS Signature

Response to Wanted: Philly area graffiti artist 2008-02-23 15:35:02

At 2/20/08 04:16 PM, bob wrote: Anyone know of how I can contact a graffiti artist in in the Philadelphia area? They don't even need a portfolio, per se. I'm tempted to contact the local police department to help me locate someone, actually...

But I want to find out how much it would cost to have a concrete block wall in our office done up in some authentic graffiti. I'm not talking carefully painted murals here, but real spray can type art.

Any ideas?

I work for a company called environmental graphics and we could make a spray paint type wall mural for a small fee depending on the size