00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,072 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-28 09:25:19

At 19 minutes ago, Euclasy wrote: Hum, is there something wrong with my submit? :x

Look at your own audio profile. Nothing's wrong with it. It's showing up just fine.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-28 09:42:03

At 14 minutes ago, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 19 minutes ago, Euclasy wrote: Hum, is there something wrong with my submit? :x
Look at your own audio profile. Nothing's wrong with it. It's showing up just fine.

Im sorry, I thought it would appear in the public audio portal when approved?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-28 09:52:17

At 7 minutes ago, Euclasy wrote:
At 14 minutes ago, BrokenDeck wrote:
Im sorry, I thought it would appear in the public audio portal when approved?

Yes, but honestly, it makes little impact at all. Scores mean nothing in the audio portal, and there are better ways for your audio to get noticed.

Try the Audio Advertisements thread or the Review Request Club. Those will help you get reviews faster than being simply "visible" on the public audio portal.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-28 10:04:13

Yes, but honestly, it makes little impact at all. Scores mean nothing in the audio portal, and there are better ways for your audio to get noticed.

Try the Audio Advertisements thread or the Review Request Club. Those will help you get reviews faster than being simply "visible" on the public audio portal.

So why can't I be simply visible on this portal? xD
Nevermind, I'll follow your advices to get reviews. Thanks.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-01 19:14:58

Hey again,

Can I have an explanation to why I can't be approved? I know I was looking for a name change, but I never got a response from wade.

If this is just a misunderstanding, and the moderators just haven't got to do it yet, I apologize.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-01 19:59:10

Do you get any sort of notification when your song is approved?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-01 22:37:23

At 1 hour ago, Travis wrote: You used to not be able to see your song in the Audio Portal until it was approved. Now with the redesign, you see it regardless.

I am fairly sure the staff is working on resolving this issue.

I'd just like to clarify something on this point... Your songs appearing on your profile regardless of approval status is not a bug, it is intended, as the new system (When complete) will work a lot more like the art portal. Meaning your stuff is always visible but you will need to be "scouted" to have your stuff appear on the portal itself.

This is to ease pressure on the audio mods, as there are hundreds upon hundreds of new submissions every week... which makes it incredibly easy for us to burn out while modding.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-02 18:09:32

The reason you haven't got a name change is because your account is only a couple of days old, you JUST submitted some content, and you don't really have anything to show with that NG account.

Your best bet is to just make a new account if you want a name change because with a greenhorn account like that, there's no sense in changing the name of it.

I asked wade for a name change of my old account. Not this one. I made this one because he never replied.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-02 19:17:35

At 1 hour ago, SUDzMusic wrote: I asked wade for a name change of my old account. Not this one. I made this one because he never replied.

Approved.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-03 08:43:13

I've submitted a song a while ago. So just to clarify, I won't be able to see any change if my song gets approved? Or will I be able to get notified somehow? I'm quite confused over this :(

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-04 13:55:39

Oh my, this topic is quite huge...

I'm sorry to bug y'all, but I guess I've been waiting for a few songs for a little over a month, now.. This was the first I submitted:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/467456
I donno how to do that fancy box thing-a-ma-jig..

Also, there's a second one I submitted, but I guess it's not approved. I don't know if you just need to get the first one, but you need it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470001

I appreciate any time someone spends on this for me. Thank you! :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-04 14:25:50

Nebula, Rattle, and Hippie awaiting approval. Been about a week. Many thanks for all your hard work, mods!

McG.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-05 14:51:40

At 23 hours ago, Travis wrote:
At 1 hour ago, evil-kefka wrote: Oh my, this topic is quite huge...
You used sound effects taken from the Sonic games. That's against the rules.

..Ouch. I've seen a couple times in the portal where people had done that, so I thought it was forgivable. Otherwise I would have never sent it in. My apologies. :\
So I guess this means I'm not gonna be submitting my music at Newgrounds anywhere near soon? After the first broke the rules, I'm assuming now it'd be pointless to submit the rest of my stuff, as I understand you guys don't take to copyright infringement very well. I don't know how to 'delete' a song, er if that has to be done by moderators. But oh well; above all I'm sorry about wasting everyone else' time. :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-05 16:42:39

At 22 minutes ago, Travis wrote: There are times where stuff like that can slip through the cracks so, if you know of any songs using copyrighted sounds, music, etc. then report it to the Audio Clean Up Thread so we can purge the demons... lol.

You can submit your non-rule breaking audio by making a new account though, it's not a big deal as you are relatively new here, so make a new account and upload your clean audio through it.

I ain't no rat! LoL, but in all seriousness, I didn't mean for it to sound like "Well, then I want A, B, and C to go down with me!!"

I was thinking about doing that with the new account, but I've actually been here since 2003, and been submitting Flashes since 2005; a few of which have ended up on the front page and stuff. I was hoping any accomplishment of a song would be right next to the accomplishment of a movie.. Er somethin', I don't really know.

If this is my only option, however, then most likely I'll do it.

Another issue is the other song I made, and tried to show (entitled "Off the Hook"). There's 0 copyrighted infringement in it, would it have been okay to have been submitted? My main query about that submission, though, is would it be an issue to upload that same song again, under my new name?

I really appreciate the responses, by the way.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-05 16:48:27

At 4 minutes ago, evil-kefka wrote: Another issue is the other song I made, and tried to show (entitled "Off the Hook"). There's 0 copyrighted infringement in it, would it have been okay to have been submitted? My main query about that submission, though, is would it be an issue to upload that same song again, under my new name?

As long as there's nothing rule breaking in the submission, it doesn't matter what account you upload it under, as long as the track and the account are yours.

As for your current account... once the new mod tools are done (Crossing my fingers for soon), we may be able to help you out... But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-05 20:23:37

At 51 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: As for your current account... once the new mod tools are done (Crossing my fingers for soon), we may be able to help you out... But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Understandable, I'll look into making another account soon.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-06 18:22:10

I still dont understand why some accounts can't be seen on 'Brand New Audio' (on the audio page), and some accounts can.
What's the difference?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-06 18:28:43

At 6 minutes ago, hnieuw wrote: I still dont understand why some accounts can't be seen on 'Brand New Audio' (on the audio page), and some accounts can.
What's the difference?

If you're not approved yet, your songs won't show up anywhere on the portal, only on your profile. Accounts that have been approved will show up on the portal.

Simple as that.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-08 03:21:33

If you're not approved yet, your songs won't show up anywhere on the portal, only on your profile. Accounts that have been approved will show up on the portal.

Simple as that.

Guys! My songs need to be approved. I hope someone could check it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-09 10:15:30

I'm sorry if I spamm, but I did my submissions for 3 songs 5 days ago. On many new songs "Date" is today or yesterday, so that means they got aproved instantly? I'm new on ng and my acc is new, maybe thats why... I'm not sure :S

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-09 11:35:56

At 1 hour ago, Adriatic wrote: I'm sorry if I spamm, but I did my submissions for 3 songs 5 days ago. On many new songs "Date" is today or yesterday, so that means they got aproved instantly? I'm new on ng and my acc is new, maybe thats why... I'm not sure :S

Don't worry, everyone needs to get approved just once. After that any song they submit will be submitted to the Audio Portal instantly.

Unfortunately your approval might take a while. Us audio moderators have a massive workload at the moment and it's very hard to keep up.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-10 07:31:49

Unfortunately your approval might take a while. Us audio moderators have a massive workload at the moment and it's very hard to keep up.

I understand. Thanks for info.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 12:52:46

Please validate this; http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475967

Its my first song, and i have been told that first songs have to be validated by music/audio mods, is this correct?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 17:59:48

At 5 hours ago, MadMusic wrote: Please validate this; http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475967

Its my first song, and i have been told that first songs have to be validated by music/audio mods, is this correct?

Approved.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:35:37

At 1 hour ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5 hours ago, MadMusic wrote: Please validate this; http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475967

Approved.

If it's not a problem, can you validate my acc? been waitin' for a week ;)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:38:50

At 3 minutes ago, Adriatic wrote: If it's not a problem, can you validate my acc? been waitin' for a week ;)

Approved.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:48:33

I'm new, and I submitted an audio file, but, I don't want it approved, not yet, because I saw this:

At 7 days ago, Travis wrote:
At 1 hour ago, evil-kefka wrote:
At 23 hours ago, Travis wrote:
At 1 hour ago, evil-kefka wrote: Oh my, this topic is quite huge...
You used sound effects taken from the Sonic games. That's against the rules.
..Ouch. I've seen a couple times in the portal where people had done that, so I thought it was forgivable. Otherwise I would have never sent it in. My apologies. :\

According to the interpretation of the rules used for evil-kefka, my current submission violates them. But, I am trying to upload an edited, "clean" version of the file, using the submission editing feature. I have submitted the changes, it worked fine in the preview, but I have not yet seen any actual change happen yet to the submission's listening page. Is the editing something that is supposed to take a while, or is it broken, or something?

This is my submission: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/475102

Here is the "clean" preview that won't update: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/542223/pr eview

If they sound exactly the same, then that might be part of the problem.

Help?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:51:58

Here is the "clean" preview that won't update: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/542223/pr eview

Broken link

Fixed link: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/542223/preview

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:54:22

At 5 minutes ago, cha0sLeader wrote: Help?

Mind telling me exactly what you changed and where?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-03-12 19:59:34

At 3 minutes ago, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, cha0sLeader wrote: Help?
Mind telling me exactly what you changed and where?

At about 2:03 and 2:11 of the first submission were sounds captured from the Super Smash Brothers Brawl game. In the edited version, those sounds are removed.