00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MicPix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Slow response from Flash

513 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Slow response from Flash 2008-02-02 03:33:22

Hi guys! I have a small problem here, my flash (CS3) doesn't respond so quick, it's definitely not tortoise speed, but it's still slow. For example, if I drag the play header I need to wait 2 seconds before it appears where I dragged it, this is very very irritating for mouth to sound synchronization.

Also when I have a lot of AS in my .fla file typing also seems to be slower. It doesn't matter what type of AS (AS2 & AS3).

As last here are my tech specs of my PC, to help you guys out:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00 GHZ
2GB RAM
256 MB ATI Radeon X1300 PRO
and I still have something like 120 GB over for storage
Windows Vista

So could somebody please tell me why my flash is slow and what I could do to improve it

Ruining your life since 2006

BBS Signature

Response to Slow response from Flash 2008-02-02 03:42:25

yeah that happened to me alot... its not to do with the computer... instead of saving it, you have to select save and compact. Also, don't keep expoting it every 5 seconds to see how it is. If you are making a long movie/game it does that, so you have to keep saving and compacting it before its too late... I stoped working on a fairly good animation because of that.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Slow response from Flash 2008-02-02 08:37:44

Sorry it didn't work, could somebody else help me?

Ruining your life since 2006

BBS Signature

Response to Slow response from Flash 2008-02-02 08:59:00

Rightclick on the flash executable and run it in compability mode for windows xp, it solved the problem for me.

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature