00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,042 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-30 01:01:36

At 10/30/12 12:40 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 10/29/12 05:23 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: What are we going to do as a Christmas art forum activity?
I'm up for whatever... I think Vero should do another Secret Santa Art Exchange! :P

For Kinsei and all the other 3D lovin' peoples (or just lovers of amazing stuff) ...I ran across this guy, Tomas Kral while looking for Frankenstein reference pics. Crazy!!

wow, Thanks Nae.
I really like how some of his thumbnails have some slight animations to them.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-30 22:10:56

Happy birthday Gumbles!!1! Look how excited this stock images guy is for you, in addition to the rest of us!

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-30 22:48:11

At 10/30/12 10:28 PM, Escalus wrote: I LOOOOOOOOOVE SECRET SANTA EVENTS!!

I love sexy Santa

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-31 15:19:06

Happy Halloween!

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-31 17:04:23

How about a Secret Sexy Santa?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-10-31 18:12:08

At 10/31/12 05:04 PM, test-object wrote: How about a Secret Sexy Santa?

Everyone gets secretly assigned each other as gift recipients, and they have to draw them something sexy?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-01 00:52:20

At 10/31/12 06:12 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 10/31/12 05:04 PM, test-object wrote: How about a Secret Sexy Santa?
Everyone gets secretly assigned each other as gift recipients, and they have to draw them something sexy?

Can I take a picture of myself being sexy?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-01 01:35:58

At 11/1/12 12:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Can I take a picture of myself being sexy?

Yeah a big Life size poster of Jonny being sexy. Awesome....

We could have a loser prize being a life size poster of me being sexy....
wait this isn't a contest... Still good loser prize though...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 17:46:50

I wonder if VonSchlippe is getting anything for his art in this ad.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 18:06:14

At 11/2/12 05:46 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I wonder if VonSchlippe is getting anything for his art in this ad.

I kinda doubt it

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 18:49:42

At 11/2/12 06:06 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 11/2/12 05:46 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I wonder if VonSchlippe is getting anything for his art in this ad.
I kinda doubt it

He damn well better!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 19:07:43

I'll pass word along to him.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 19:12:18

At 11/2/12 07:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

The answer is no. I did have the "red" version removed from some wallpaper site a while ago but I see it's still around to haunt me in a shitty add!

Not much I can do about it though...

PS: I've stopped drawing in the last year and I'm focusing on photography. But I'll be back I promise!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-02 21:48:45

At 11/2/12 07:12 PM, Vonschlippe wrote:
At 11/2/12 07:07 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
The answer is no. I did have the "red" version removed from some wallpaper site a while ago but I see it's still around to haunt me in a shitty add!

Not much I can do about it though...

Aw man, that sucks.

PS: I've stopped drawing in the last year and I'm focusing on photography. But I'll be back I promise!

Well comeback soon. We miss you. No honestly, I lay awake at nights sobbing until the day you come back.

sigh, looks like another long tear soaked night for me...

Anyway in more cheerful news, I got a part time Graphics Design position! Its mostly type setting actually, and its an old style of screen printing, but its still a design position. It makes me so happy!

I hope this looks as good on a resume as it does in my head.

Also I have to do a bunch of other things around the shop, but still
Foot in the door baby

So hurry back schlippe and so we can enjoy my happyness together :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 09:05:46

You guys got an irc or something specific for the art forum? Aegis had a weird cam thing that had like 3 people in it but that was about all i saw for you guys.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 10:39:00

At 11/3/12 09:05 AM, Template88 wrote: You guys got an irc or something specific for the art forum? Aegis had a weird cam thing that had like 3 people in it but that was about all i saw for you guys.

The only thing we have is Stickam.
The room is open constantly, so users just pop in and out of it randomly to their choosing.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 10:47:00

On an unrelated topic is it against the rules or frowned upon to horde art and then upload it all in one day to monopolize the new art page? 8V

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 11:38:26

At 11/2/12 09:48 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Anyway in more cheerful news, I got a part time Graphics Design position! Its mostly type setting actually, and its an old style of screen printing, but its still a design position. It makes me so happy!
I hope this looks as good on a resume as it does in my head.

Awesome Kinsei, this was essentially my main tasks at my first graphic design job, then it grew and such and it does look good on your resume (when you live in a graphic needy city like LA) so I was able to freelance with former customers and even find other better paying graphic design positions! Just don't grow to hate graphic design like I did.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 11:53:13

At 11/3/12 10:47 AM, Template88 wrote: On an unrelated topic is it against the rules or frowned upon to horde art and then upload it all in one day to monopolize the new art page? 8V

I think that tactic would harm your overall views and stats more then help them; unless the pictures, or at least their thumbnails, were impressive and varied enough, users (or at least myself) would simply click on the first of note and ignore the rest, so you'd really just be competing against yourself. Being compared relative to the quality of your next piece, instead of another art portal entree.

To be fair though, occupying more space on the front page seems like a good idea at first, and maintaining a constant presence on the portal is an excellent practice for being noticed, but I don't see it working out.

There's a 4-uploads a day limit on the portal, anyway.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-03 11:57:29

"There's a 4-uploads a day limit on the portal, anyway."

Aww theres goes my "Template day" idea

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-04 23:13:23

so to whoever deleted johnny's responces to Hiruy... why? He pointed out the obvious and hiryu's getting away with too much, and if someone points out how ridiculous some of his statetemts are their posts get deleted... then the next person does and their posts get deleted... if someone wants to delete my post too and then pm why that would be great too as long as i get why this is going on.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-04 23:25:32

At 11/4/12 11:13 PM, Lucky wrote: so to whoever deleted johnny's responces to Hiruy... why? He pointed out the obvious and hiryu's getting away with too much, and if someone points out how ridiculous some of his statetemts are their posts get deleted... then the next person does and their posts get deleted... if someone wants to delete my post too and then pm why that would be great too as long as i get why this is going on.

its simple.
Hiryu is a whiny bitch.
if someone doesn't give him a good handjob every time they post to him, Hiryu goes off on a pissy rant and rampage disrupting the entire Forum.
thus its easier for us to delete our post, which we really don't care about, than to listen to his temper tantrums.
I really hate Hiryu, but this works. and everyone goes on about their lives happy, sort of.

I was really hoping he'd get bored by now and leave, but he hasn't. So far this has been his longest stent with us. He must be going for a new personal best.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 00:00:27

At 11/4/12 11:30 PM, Escalus wrote:
Well apparently responding to hiryu and pointing out his blatant hypocrisy can warrant a ban for derailing a thread and "personal attacks" against him (I mean, ffs look at the recent threads in the art forum, nothing but him spamming his so called "critiques" that contribute to nothing.)

Escalus, the way to deal with all life problems that include another individual is through positive reinforcement and negative punishment. If he posts something of value you should give it credit like any other user, if he posts garbage than ignore it. Positive punishment i.e. harping on him, doesn't solve anything, and in actuality insults the OP even more-so than it does to Hiryu.

In one thread I actually requested a mod to delete the posts between and Johnny and Hiryu because it didn't focus on the topic at hand, which in that specific case was a wizard design for an Ipad platformer.

The one thing I wanted him to learn was civility on NG, manners are easy to learn.

I mean I've been around a while, and from what I've seen on the BBS is that you can only merge into a few specific forums. For me I've leaned towards the Art/Animation/Video Game/Politics/General(of course). I don't post much, but I know the users that do post. I can understand the tone and level of common understanding of rules and regulations.

Hiryu lacks understanding of what is acceptable to post and treats this place like DA where shallow posts are common place. I'm not making NG out to be the epitome of professionalism, but I think Tom/Wade intended this site to be pedigree higher than DA.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a scientific research paper on Chronic Mercury Poisoning to fix up.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 00:05:47

In one thread I actually requested a mod to delete the posts between and Johnny and Hiryu because it didn't focus on the topic at hand, which in that specific case was a wizard design for an Ipad platformer.

Yes, but Hiryu was talking out of his ass and he was giving advise he himself refuses to take... Johny only pointed it out... Like in most of the treads he posts! If the mods are gonna remove johnny's post why not hiryu's bs

Seriously if you're gonna let the annoying kid in the courtyard be annoying without slapping him every once in a while how's he gonna learn? By ignoring him? We tried that with his own thread and he kept bumping it begging for attention until he got it. This technique works with normal people, not him

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 00:16:33

At 11/5/12 12:05 AM, Lucky wrote:
We tried that with his own thread and he kept bumping it begging for attention until he got it. This technique works with normal people, not him

We've slapped him around here three times. The other technique doesn't work either. I'm in far more support of our latest try; it's failed a lot less than the last three so far.

Losing patience with him is just waking up on the morning of motherfucking groundhog day.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 00:34:52

I'd appreciate a subject change. If any of you wish to discuss it further, you can pm me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 00:47:12

At 11/5/12 12:43 AM, EJR wrote: What did you guys do with your 25 hour day???

I actually got around to watching Batman under the Redhood, and bought Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Now in relation to art, I started sketching some new dynamic poses of women with the aide of references, other than that it was a slow day.

My YouTube Channel feel free to support me on Ko-Fi

I do video essays on ATLUS games

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 02:02:40

Wreck-It Ralph
Absolutely loved it.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 02:29:48

At 11/5/12 02:02 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph
Absolutely loved it.

I second this.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-11-05 06:21:58

I'm not getting a chance to see it until saturday.
Gotta say i've been avoiding spoilers pretty successfully.