00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

958,163 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 09:08:39

At 8/20/10 06:10 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I'd like to have that thread showcasing some little known artists as well, so we can pop their stuff up on the front page.

I'm all for rebooting the thread with some FP suggestions, but didn't you guys kinda want us to stop with the whole, reporting thing?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 10:22:52

At 8/20/10 09:08 AM, M-Vero wrote: I'm all for rebooting the thread with some FP suggestions, but didn't you guys kinda want us to stop with the whole, reporting thing?

Don't know what orn and Ben are going to say, but:
- For reporting thieves and inappropriate stuff, report the pic, since we're guaranteed to look at it.
- For pointing out "shitty" artists, or discussing the legitimacy of a suspected thief, Portal Patrol, since it's a forum where people can concur or disagree.

since you can't report an artist you think is fundamentally rubbish

Also orn occasionally drops a treasure chest of pruned artists who have been hanging onto a shitty/dead branch.

I think my main point is I want to use that thread for highlighting decent artists. Sometimes the first few pages of the art portal are a bit "meh": either they're quite well known artists, or character concepts.

I hope people can use the opportunity to dig deep and uncover gems,
as opposed to only pointing out the turds.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 10:43:38

I am okay with this

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 15:33:55

I say the mods declare martial law and permaban anyone who doesn't tow the party line. Speaking of I think the new mod uniforms are dandy, what with the epaulets and shiny boots.
Authoritarianism FTW!

PS: I think Captain-Ben may be secretly plotting sedition against THE STATE.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 11:51:59

At 8/20/10 05:35 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Leave of absence

yeah.... I'll be gone for a chunk of the day too.... >.>...
Although I haven't been on much lately anyway.....
...... I'll be on more this next week....

maybe the week after :P....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 13:47:36

Have any of you used flash for a project for school? Ever had the opportunity?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 14:26:16

At 8/21/10 01:47 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Have any of you used flash for a project for school? Ever had the opportunity?

Excluding animation classes, way back in high school i did about 2-3 flash movies for a presentation in lieu of a shitty powerpoint or essay.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 14:27:47

At 8/21/10 01:47 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Have any of you used flash for a project for school? Ever had the opportunity?

I've had the opportunity, but never gone through with it. It was that, or a huge science project or animate a science class safety video
I chose neither and got a B

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 16:36:14

At 8/20/10 03:33 PM, Vousielle wrote:
PS: I think Captain-Ben may be secretly plotting sedition against THE STATE.

DON'T JUST DROP BACK INTO MY LIFE AND MAKE SUCH SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS.

On the subject of the Portal Patrol thread, the reason we asked you guys to stop constantly suggesting people who needed to be kicked from the portal is because it was getting out of hand.

It sort of got to the same point that it was in this forum not too long ago. You guys would post a slew of people you didn't think should be in the portal before we would even have a chance to take care of it ourselves. I know for myself, most of the time I would prune a lot of the people you would flag before I even looked at the thread. We know you are all eager to help out, but as far as artists who aren't up to par we can take care of that.

We're all pretty good at our jobs. If someone needs to be removed from the portal one of us will notice and take care of it. One of the other issue's is that you guys would also post people who really didn't need to get kicked and were fine for the portal. If someone's still in the portal, chances are we saw them and think they're fine.

I'm not opposed to posting in that thread if someone truly atrocious keeps getting overlooked, I'm talking for like a week here not a few hours, and hasn't been kicked yet.

The Art Portal Patrol was made to be a place to bring issues to our attention that can't be conveyed in the flagging system. Things like impersonations, if you think someones a thief but can't find proof, someone gets hacked, or any other kind of grey area that isn't in the flagging system. I do oppose the idea of letting you guys suggest things to go on FP, it's kind of our privilege and I can see it getting out of hand very quickly.

/long ass post

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 18:05:45

Snowman did this for an English project.
I provided the voice of the interviewer.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 18:15:22

At 8/21/10 06:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Snowman did this for an English project.
I provided the voice of the interviewer.

shameless plug

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 18:28:41

At 8/21/10 04:36 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I do oppose the idea of letting you guys suggest things to go on FP, it's kind of our privilege and I can see it getting out of hand very quickly.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 19:36:22

At 8/21/10 06:28 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

WE CAN DISCUSS THIS IN THE CLUB HOUSE

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 19:39:20

At 8/21/10 07:36 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: WE CAN DISCUSS THIS IN THE CLUB HOUSE

The one with the big "No Girls Allowed" sign on the door? ...poo! :(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 19:47:22

They are just suggestions, you don't have to agree

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 20:44:45

At 8/21/10 07:47 PM, M-Vero wrote: They are just suggestions, you don't have to agree

This also is not the place to complain about the art portal. If you have an issue with something going on in the portal PM a mod about it or something.

wasn't there a "no portal bitching" rule made awhile ago or something?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 20:52:14

t 8/20/10 10:22 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

At 8/20/10 09:08 AM, M-Vero wrote:
I'm all for rebooting the thread with some FP suggestions, but didn't you guys kinda want us to stop with the whole, reporting thing?

Don't know what orn and Ben are going to say, but:
- For reporting thieves and inappropriate stuff, report the pic, since we're guaranteed to look at it.
- For pointing out "shitty" artists, or discussing the legitimacy of a suspected thief, Portal Patrol, since it's a forum where people can concur or disagree.
since you can't report an artist you think is fundamentally rubbish

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 21:24:44

At 8/20/10 03:32 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Wow guys... I know that the portal has had some low standards lately but even this is a little too much....

And this is you backseat modding and being a whiner

quoting is fun

I understand that Turkey brought up the discussion about the APP. You for complaining about the quality in the portal, that doesn't belong here.

Time to drop it, no more whining/bitching/wutevs

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 22:10:08

In other news, I'm getting married this week. It's pretty awesome. I'm only 16 and I'm going to be with the love of my life forever.

Forever.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 22:27:27

At 8/21/10 10:10 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: In other news, I'm getting married this week. It's pretty awesome. I'm only 16 and I'm going to be with the love of my life forever.

Forever.

Congrats! Techno's a lucky boy! ...you both are!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 22:29:29

.At 8/21/10 10:10 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:

In other news, I'm getting married this week. It's pretty awesome. I'm only 16 and I'm going to be with the love of my life forever.

Forever.

Aww, man, I'm so happy from you. Judging fromt eh pic, who's the lucky guy.

cwutididthar

Anyways, turns out that being on general increases your psot count like crayz, even if it only with meaningless stuff.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 01:46:08

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mrcre eep/flying-seabeast

OMG HOW DID THIS GET ON THE FRONT PAGE MAN? THIS IS SO LAME LIKE WHAT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 01:46:51

The lounge has become too bitchy and whiny. Everyone move on goddamit.

On a different note, I'm not wearing pants at the moment.

I'll just let that sink in.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 01:57:57

Hey look!!! A change of subject *points*

Terribly off topic, I know. So irrelevant that it is without a doubt spam, but...

This made me laugh :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 02:13:09

On a happier note I'm no longer friends with EJR or Slappy!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 02:30:33

At 8/22/10 02:13 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: On a happier note I'm no longer friends with EJR or Slappy!

Congratulations, Ben! We should throw you a party, welcome you to the tanks of the Super Happy Intellectuals.

Wait, what?

On other news, I changed my aura to Fab. It was meant to be symbolic, but since my IRL regulary check up on my account it'll be interesting to explain it away to them. It was funny enough denying the furry gallary I had favourited.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 04:46:52

At 8/22/10 02:13 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: On a happier note I'm no longer friends with EJR or Slappy!

Damn, that's cold.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 11:16:23

On the subject of front page suggestions.

1.Ben is a noob :P
2. I'm fine with people suggesting something in the portal patrol if they meet these conditions.
a. the artist has been scouted for a while.
b. the artist has no other work front paged.
c. the piece is not fan fiction
d. the piece is truly balls fucking awesome. not just mediocre

Now for an art related subject.

School has started for the little tykes of the art forum (or will be starting). Any cool art classes anyone taking?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 11:43:28

Cooking! Fuck yeah!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-08-22 11:49:37

My art teacher from last year arranged for one of my classes to be a private study with another art teacher.
They do this with kids who are already planning to go into an art career, and it's really cool they do this.
It's to help prepare for college and shit, and since I'll be going into illustration, he is gonna focus on that.
Coupled with my regular art class and the computer art class im taking. Mostly for doodling and seeing if there is anything in that class that I can't do in 3 minutes. (it's not so much computer art as much as it is dicking around with tools and filters in photoshop class)