00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

966,115 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-08 23:22:42

well.... I was planning on doing that rigging tonight, but not now. I have more zombie movies to watch :P

zombie movies always gets my creative juices flowing...
Heh... juices

Anyway at least I already know these ones are going to be good

ZombieLand and Shaun Of the Dead >:3 hell yeah baby...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-08 23:25:40

At 6/8/10 11:21 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Sorry for the double post. I need some help guys this pic cannot be uploaded in the forum because it says it's over 150 kb. The problem is I resized it twice and the forum still won't accept it. Any tips on how to properly resize this or is there any reasons why it's so large? I mean I have pics larger than this and the forum accepts it anyway.

Try reducing the DPI, that usually drops file size like a hot rock. Also perhaps saving at at a lower quality will nudge it just enough. if nothing else, then reduce a copy of it to a drastic size and just link to the dump for a larger size

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-08 23:32:13

At 6/8/10 11:25 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/8/10 11:21 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Sorry for the double post. I need some help guys this pic cannot be uploaded in the forum because it says it's over 150 kb. The problem is I resized it twice and the forum still won't accept it. Any tips on how to properly resize this or is there any reasons why it's so large? I mean I have pics larger than this and the forum accepts it anyway.
Try reducing the DPI, that usually drops file size like a hot rock.

Yeah I just checked the File, it's at 400 PPI I reduced it to 150 for you, should solve your posting problem
Here you go

Art Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 00:20:30

At 6/8/10 10:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: When I saw that it was Nae who front paged it, I lol'd more so.

Well now technically i frontpaged it :P

nae's who brought it up though ;D

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 00:40:34

I only ever post in the Art Forum... I think I posted in Audio once about an audio submission.

I got banned from the Audio Portal =D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 03:08:11

Posting in the gernal is like shooting yourself in the foot...

posting in the WI/HT BBS is either good *as in helping people* or your just a noob *starting threads*

posting in a lounge shows you like talking to others about useless topics such as the bbs

posting in the art fourm without any art is a bad thing and you will be PUNISHED!!! *whip-crack*

posting anywhere else is pointless :D *unless you are been usefull...*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 03:35:00

At 6/8/10 11:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Yeah I just checked the File, it's at 400 PPI I reduced it to 150 for you, should solve your posting problem
Here you go

Wow! thanks a lot Kinsei!

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 03:43:54

I post in General, Art, and have just started posting in Writing. Hopefully that'll be enough to keep me satiated, because dA's forums are just nowhere near as cool the the BBS.

Oh, and great WIP you have there, Fifty.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 05:28:13

It's good that the BBS resises Images for you as long as they're under 150k, it makes it easier. I only just figured out that it resises them this month I think.

At 6/9/10 12:40 AM, Wivernryder wrote: I only ever post in the Art Forum... I think I posted in Audio once about an audio submission.
I got banned from the Audio Portal =D

Yea you posted in the Awaiting Audio Approval thread... I'm not sure how I know andwhy I remember that.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 10:52:19

At 6/8/10 11:22 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Anyway at least I already know these ones are going to be good
ZombieLand and Shaun Of the Dead >:3 hell yeah baby...

Shawn of the Dead is the original and funniest zombie comedy.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 10:54:25

i've been fiddling around with sai painter recently.. you can do some funky things with layers and pressure sensitivity haha
maybe when i fill up that big canvas of doodles ill have something to show :3

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 10:56:55

@Wivern - No you didn't. I posted in the Awaiting Audio Approval thread for you because you're a lazy ass.

@McJesus - We were just talking about the Metropolis Disaster Collab and how it's still not going anywhere =P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 11:03:44

At 6/9/10 10:52 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Shawn of the Dead is the original and funniest zombie comedy.

I prefer "Fido"

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 11:06:55

At 6/9/10 11:03 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 6/9/10 10:52 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Shawn of the Dead is the original and funniest zombie comedy.
I prefer "Fido"

sorry for the dp, but I though I should link the trailer, since hardly anybody knows it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 11:07:35

At 6/9/10 10:56 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: @McJesus - We were just talking about the Metropolis Disaster Collab and how it's still not going anywhere =P

oh please, you guys are always talking about that~

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 12:06:47

At 6/9/10 11:06 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 6/9/10 11:03 AM, J-qb wrote:
I prefer "Fido"
sorry for the dp, but I though I should link the trailer, since hardly anybody knows it.

I've seen Fido! I thought it was the best zombie movie I had ever seen. The themes making it up were so interesting. Ah, the heartwarming tale of a boy and his zombie.
I suggest it to anybody who likes zombie films.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 12:27:49

At 6/9/10 03:08 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Posting in the gernal is like shooting yourself in the foot...

I really don't get what you guys have against general, it's no different from the lounge here. There's a lot of crap, but there's also some pretty good stuff.

much like the lounge.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 12:30:09

At 6/9/10 10:54 AM, McJesus wrote: i've been fiddling around with sai painter recently.. you can do some funky things with layers and pressure sensitivity haha
maybe when i fill up that big canvas of doodles ill have something to show :3

paint tool sai, yeah thats becoming more popular around here now im noticing, kakashi uses it, wivern, kuoke and me, its growing muahaha

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 17:00:01

For some kicks, random trivia, and somewhat Art related
here are some names of people, characters and icons that are relatively unknown

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 17:40:09

At 6/9/10 12:27 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 6/9/10 03:08 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Posting in the gernal is like shooting yourself in the foot...
I really don't get what you guys have against general, it's no different from the lounge here. There's a lot of crap, but there's also some pretty good stuff.

much like the lounge.

I can understand it, the Art Forum, Art Forum Lounge and the users that post here are familliar. For a long time I never posted anywhere but the Flash Forum, there was no lounge then but there was (and is) a community there and you become a part of that community, venturing outside of the community you've become comfortable with can be very unsettling and difficult to do. It's like going somewhere where you don't know anyone or really how things work. Like going to Arkansas when you live in a normal place. =P

Basically that's why I think that dicking around in the lounge in a non art related capacity is generally okay, it's a place where you guys can blow off steam, talk about whatever and just screw around with a group of peers you're familliar with and not having to go off to a more or less strange environment.

Of course there is a limit to how far we'll let you guys go with your screwing around.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 17:55:52

Jonny, I did too get banned. And I have proof of it somewhere around here... but I am, again, too lazy to look for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 17:58:09

At 6/9/10 05:55 PM, Wivernryder wrote: Jonny, I did too get banned. And I have proof of it somewhere around here... but I am, again, too lazy to look for it.

No, I know you got banned, but I mean YOU didn't post in the Audio forum to find out, I did that for you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 18:06:21

Yeah that sounds about right. Ah well. I'm no huge fan of music anyway. It's like appreciating fine art in a museum.... you like to look at it but you would never go to the trouble of making it yourself. So it is with music.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 18:08:21

At 6/9/10 06:06 PM, Wivernryder wrote: Yeah that sounds about right. Ah well. I'm no huge fan of music anyway. It's like appreciating fine art in a museum.... you like to look at it but you would never go to the trouble of making it yourself. So it is with music.

... uhm.... I agree that they are similar. I disagree on the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 20:16:18

At 6/9/10 06:06 PM, Wivernryder wrote: Yeah that sounds about right. Ah well. I'm no huge fan of music anyway. It's like appreciating fine art in a museum.... you like to look at it but you would never go to the trouble of making it yourself. So it is with music.

What is this > THIS

At 6/9/10 12:27 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I really don't get what you guys have against general, it's no different from the lounge here. There's a lot of crap, but there's also some pretty good stuff.

There's way more crap in general. People make so many more pointless 1+ posts and random threads. It's badness is overexhadgeratted alot here though....

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 22:06:22

Flaming general again are we? I remember posting nothing there but pointless crap. When I first went here my perspective completely changed. (I think). Posting in General now doesn't seem fun as it was when I was a noob here. I feel pretty much at home here.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-09 23:13:10

At 6/9/10 08:16 PM, CloudEater wrote: What is this > THIS

Bahahaha, so he did post there.
I posted on the next page about Wivern's piece, and yet they answered me but not him, bahahahaha.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-10 02:32:36

OK, this has really started to piss me off, and I'm sure it pisses off others too, but it is people making threads for their MS Paint crap and saying that they worked really hard on it. I just wanna know when they will realize that it's not good and that it is not funny.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-10 02:47:22

At 6/10/10 02:32 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: OK, this has really started to piss me off, and I'm sure it pisses off others too, but it is people making threads for their MS Paint crap and saying that they worked really hard on it. I just wanna know when they will realize that it's not good and that it is not funny.

These threads only pop up occasionally though. If they appeared more frequently then I'd be more annoyed but the current amount of those threads doesnt bother me though.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-06-10 02:54:46

At 6/10/10 02:32 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: OK, this has really started to piss me off, and I'm sure it pisses off others too, but it is people making threads for their MS Paint crap and saying that they worked really hard on it. I just wanna know when they will realize that it's not good and that it is not funny.

just ignore it and leave it for the mods to deal with, dont get caught in the crossfire

and i just noticed jonny levelled, congrats