00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ayya1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

962,170 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-23 23:21:40

At 3/23/10 11:18 PM, Ashman wrote: i know that know, when its too late, where are you when i need you

....um...... what excuse would you believe?...
Rescuing babies from a burning orphanage and comforting them all night long?

substitute babies for whiskey, orphanage for liquor store, and comforting with drinking and I think I'll have a more believable story... :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-23 23:31:20

At 3/23/10 11:00 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Since when are the art kids the cool kids anyway?

Like, never.

For some unknown reason, I actually have a lot of respect for artists on newgrounds. I have always sucked at making anything worth remembering, and to see people being talented enough to draw, design, or whatever, it takes a lot of work. or maybe I just talk to Renae to much and her artsyness is rubbing off on me.. ether way :)

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-23 23:33:25

At 3/23/10 11:31 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: For some unknown reason, I actually have a lot of respect for artists on newgrounds.

Same here I have no clue why I like these guys.... there all weird o.0...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-23 23:39:51

Hey! I'm not weird!

No, seriously. Yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-23 23:48:27

At 3/23/10 11:00 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Since when are the art kids the cool kids anyway?

Like, never.

Yeah, I guess that's why people watch me draw in class sometimes.
::Sarcasm doesn't work in text.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 00:06:21

At 3/23/10 11:48 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:

Like, never.
Yeah, I guess that's why people watch me draw in class sometimes.
Sarcasm doesn't work in text.

Sometimes, you say? Sometimes people watch you draw in class? I guess I stand corrected.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 00:11:12

At 3/24/10 12:06 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Sometimes, you say? Sometimes people watch you draw in class? I guess I stand corrected.

Really?
I always thought those people were called teachers.... to stalkers.... or both.... :D

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 00:24:59

I don't know if cool is the correct word to describe me.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 08:09:19

At 3/24/10 12:24 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

cool would be an understatement ;D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 08:11:07

At 3/24/10 12:24 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

I agree as me being someone who is into to Graphic Novels (yeah, that's what I call them because they are different), I know way too much about Star Wars, play a lot of video games, am on the internet all of the time, etc. etc.
Cool is definitely not the word.

@BmK : Touche

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 08:55:22

At 3/24/10 08:11 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: I know way too much about Star Wars, play a lot of video games, am on the internet all of the time

Sounds a lot like someone I know.... and by that I mean myself. Also, I've seen a fuckload of moves. A fuckload I tell you, A FUCKLOAD!!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 18:41:28

At 3/24/10 11:47 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/24/10 08:55 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/24/10 08:11 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: I know way too much about Star Wars, play a lot of video games, am on the internet all of the time
Sounds a lot like someone I know.... and by that I mean myself. Also, I've seen a fuckload of moves. A fuckload I tell you, A FUCKLOAD!!!!
A fuckload of movies Even the low budget movies that look like the budget 17 dollars to make them?

Those are the best ones. Especially Grindhouse short films.

@Jonny: I too have seen a fuckload of movies, hell I know about movies that I haven't even seen yet (I don't like to go to the theater). As a matter of fact, I was told to be a movie critic from a lot of people in my school.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 22:34:40

Ok, this has always been a personal issue with me..
Isn't using fancy brushes like the same thing as stealing/not making your own art?
For example, this isn't really a picture by itself, but I got some cloud brushes and I was thinking - if I actually used these in a piece of art, it's not really like I did it. I just clicked the mouse.. When is it proper to use these, and what are your guys' views on it?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 22:38:22

At 3/24/10 10:34 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Ok, this has always been a personal issue with me..
Isn't using fancy brushes like the same thing as stealing/not making your own art?
For example, this isn't really a picture by itself, but I got some cloud brushes and I was thinking - if I actually used these in a piece of art, it's not really like I did it. I just clicked the mouse.. When is it proper to use these, and what are your guys' views on it?

In a word; yes. Using someone else's custom brushes as stickers (for lack of a better word) is basically just making a collage and I do not consider it original art.

HOWEVER, using custom brushes as BRUSHES not as stickers and actually painting with them is fine.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 23:03:45

At 3/24/10 10:38 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: In a word; yes. Using someone else's custom brushes as stickers (for lack of a better word) is basically just making a collage and I do not consider it original art.

HOWEVER, using custom brushes as BRUSHES not as stickers and actually painting with them is fine.

I agree with that!
But even so, then what would you do with these cloud brushes? They're kind of awkward for anything BUT using as stickers to add some fake clouds.. I guess I'm not really sure what else you would do with it. Maybe these are just awkward brushes.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-24 23:49:58

I don't think I'd have any problems if you made the cloud brushed yourself
and by self made I mean take the picture your self and everything...
the only reason I got back in to photography was to build my own reference library so i don't have to ask for permission all the time

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 01:18:19

At 3/24/10 11:03 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: They're kind of awkward for anything BUT using as stickers

I think it's a matter of what else you have going on in the piece that you're using a brush as a sticker in. I know I've used texture brushes and splatter brushes before as stickers to add an effect to something that I drew myself. I think using custom brushes as stickers can be okay, as long as it's in junction with something that you've made yourself. Not just other custom brushes.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 01:38:02

Finally got around to watching This Film Is Not Yet Rated. My god, this movie is fucking hilarious. It's also terribly saddening how fucked up the MPAA is.

Thank god I live in Canada.

But yeah, the fact that there isn't even a real system to go by and they just say whatever the fuck they want to is complete and utter bullshit.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 05:33:00

At 3/24/10 11:03 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: But even so, then what would you do with these cloud brushes?

meet cloudy mccloudface

Art Forum Lounge

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 08:00:09

At 3/25/10 01:38 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Finally got around to watching This Film Is Not Yet Rated. My god, this movie is fucking hilarious. It's also terribly saddening how fucked up the MPAA is.
Thank god I live in Canada.
But yeah, the fact that there isn't even a real system to go by and they just say whatever the fuck they want to is complete and utter bullshit.

Yeah, so you don't have to deal with their bullshit.
Anyway, like I said it is a really good documentary. It just goes to show how many people have enough power to say what they want to about somebody else's creation. The decision lies on the people of the MPAA to decide whether it passes or fails.
I know another really good documentary. Vice Guide to Travel
It is a bunch of guys that go around the world and visit the most dangerous places on the planet. Like the illegal gun markets, and the go mutant animal hunting in Chernobyl. If you want a taste of what it is like go on youtube and watch all 14 parts of The Vice Guide to North Korea.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 13:57:07

At 3/25/10 01:18 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 3/24/10 11:03 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: They're kind of awkward for anything BUT using as stickers
I think it's a matter of what else you have going on in the piece that you're using a brush as a sticker in. I know I've used texture brushes and splatter brushes before as stickers to add an effect to something that I drew myself. I think using custom brushes as stickers can be okay, as long as it's in junction with something that you've made yourself. Not just other custom brushes.

I find it a hard line to draw, frankly. There are so many variables when it comes to deciding what is acceptable and what isn't. Person A makes a collage and person B uses custom brushes as stickers and person C uses a screenshot of a SpongeBob cartoon for the background of their piece BUT IT ISN'T THE MAIN FOCUS OF THE PIECE. There are no hard and fast rules in art and that's something that makes it very difficult to moderate. The same problem exists not just in visual art but in music and animation as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 19:29:06

This game looks beautiful.

The people who made that also wrote this article, which made me so happy.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 20:21:06

At 3/25/10 07:29 PM, trig1 wrote: This game looks beautiful.

The people who made that also wrote this article, which made me so happy.

I think I saw an article about that somewhere. For all you indie gamers go on tigsource.com, I check out that website weekly. Gamma 4 is over now, and the games that were in it look really good. If you don't know what it is google it.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-25 21:53:44

Also just starting to mess around with overlay. You'd think after having photoshop for several years now that I would've figured that out a while back, but whatevs.
Since I got new photoshop (used to have elements 2.0) i've been inspired to explore. and i also discovered layer styles.
i jizzed at "stroke" (no pun intended. at first.) it's really convenient.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-26 00:04:22

Okay.
Call 1-800-295-0051. This is the nestle chocolate hotline. After they present you with language options, say nothing for about ten seconds. After you finish laughing at that, press 4. After hearing all the options and laughing some more, press 7.
I guarantee this is worth looking into

haha bubble wrap and a noogie

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-26 14:46:30

So that's sort of like a prank call ,Seems like it.

You can't prank a machine flea

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-26 15:38:55

A ma... chine?
They must do some delivery and no take out.

Its the nestle chocolate helpline flea, keyword helpline. They don't deliver bars of chocolate to your door

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-26 16:05:22

At 3/26/10 03:38 PM, The-Worsley-Bear wrote:
A ma... chine?
They must do some delivery and no take out.
Its the nestle chocolate helpline flea, keyword helpline. They don't deliver bars of chocolate to your door

just ignore flea, hes gone senile, hes the crazy old man of the forum now

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-27 05:22:48

At 3/26/10 08:45 PM, angryglacier wrote: Streamin

Glacier, if you're gonna stream, just post it in your own thread, not here in the lounge.
Also, it's 5:22 in the morning and I'm still awake.... WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-27 07:18:46

Heyall!

Its gone largely unnoticed (750 views); but the Morgan FFF Collab has been released.
The Morgan FFF collab was (one of) the first art collab to result from the new Collaboration Forum; It has art from your fellow art forumers: Altrian, Hyptosis, Renaenae, TheCupCakeArmy and Moi.
SO CHECK IT OUT!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature