00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Some suggestions I bounced around

524 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Some suggestions I bounced around 2008-01-26 13:09:08

Alright, I batted around some suggestions with a few people and got some ideas. I sent one of them to Wade Fulp, but I often get told to also come here, so here I am.

I say:

Some of these artists don't get it. I think the rule and website needs a few tweeks to keep some of these submitters in line. I'm personally tired of hearing rants about artists who swear in their replies, and the artists who post spam flashes, as I'm certain some of the moderators and administrators might be as well. Here's what could be done.

On the users end:

I hear and see a lot of people questioning one someone resubmitted a blammed flash. Don't ask, BLOW! That's considered multiple submissions and is against the rules. For proof, read the rules = http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq

Also, a lot of you complain about people submitting things that are itnended to cause seizures, make people angry, etc, etc. If you see a flash saying "VOTE 5," "BLAM THIS," or stating things like "but what do you care, you what protection points!" Don't just blam, and do NOT right crap reviews. BLOW THE WHISTLE. It's against the rules to do those things, and there is proof here = http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/submit

Lastly for the community, don't write personal views and similar things in the flash. So many times I see reviews that get deleted becuase the person did NOT follow the rules. Don't post "This sucks!" post things like "The flashing could give someone a seizure and the subliminal messaging is most likely illegal. Please refrain from doing things in the future so as to avoid getting in trouble." I know it sounds blan and pathetic, but you'l lget your point across without getting muted. If you get muted for screaming at the artist, you'll only get everyone to laugh at you.

For the mods/admins:

Alright, the real reason I'm hear is to lay down some things I noticed...

1. There are approximately 10 flashes a day, if not more, that contain content intended to induce seizures/headaches/migranes. This will not only possibly and quite honestly lead to an inevitable lawsuit, but also could kill someone. I've known some people who seriously wound up dead due to seizures. I HIGHLY recommend enforcing at least a warning if something might cause seizures. Most flashes I've seen wont, but some flashes are not only garaunteed to, but sometimes self-proclaimed (and with good reason) to do so.

2. Some artists seem nice but apparently have an obnoxiously big mouth. If they get even one 0, or anything similar, regardless of whether the review was appropriate, or not, will proceed to not only defend themselves from the reviewer, but to start swearing and screeching at them like a chimpanzee. A lot of reports on these things go unattendend, and I think the owners reviews of the reviewers reviews should be treated the same way to help ensure appropriate behavior on the artist's behalf as well. Although I can't provide samples without in some manner or another "attacking" an artist, I can tell you it is pretty common. Just spend about 10 minutes looking at reviews that give low scores and you'll be bound to find an artist giving a nasty counter-review.

3. I cannot find anything to label the Kitty Krew, or the Socom crew as official Newgrounds groups, and I've seen basically every member of them breaking the rules with seemingly every flash submission they make. Any reports, and whistle blows I've heard of have been ignored so far, and I was wondering why it is nothing is being done to at least hinder their progress. I'm not slamming anyone on this, but I am curious since I was often told that taking no action against a bad cause, is no better than taking action to aid to bad cuase. If any moderators/administrators have some reasons why, I would really appreciate hearing them.

If proof is needed that I did not give due to the rules, or otherwise, I will provide upon recieving the OK from a moderator, and people of similar status. Most of that evidence though can be found in literally a mannre of minutes, so I doubt the necessity.

Thanks for your time,
Sign,
Ambrose Merle

P.S. If someone has some good criticism, or views on this, feel free to express them of course, but keep within the rules, and try not to act immature about any of this. I can't stop you, but I can't exactly say you'll win anyones approval either.

Response to Some suggestions I bounced around 2008-01-26 13:13:59

For those of you questioning my spelling, I'm aware it sucks. I'm in a hurry, my keyboard is quite literally dying on me (it's about 6 years old, so sue me, I'm cheap.), and we're all doomed to mispell later so if you understand waht I'm saying, LIVE WITH IT. Alright, I'm running late here so goodbye!

Response to Some suggestions I bounced around 2008-01-26 13:26:57

Most of the points you've made have already been made at some point in the past. You haven't said anything new, really.

As for your point about 'nothing being done to hinder the progress of the KK', well, those of them who are blatantly breaking the rules by mass voting with alts, etc, have had all their alt accounts deleted. See this thread for details.

The admins are aware of all the points you have made, as are many NG regulars and mods. If the problems get out of hand, they will be dealt with, but frankly, a lot of these types of problems have been around for years on NG, and in all honesty haven't really done anything substantial to harm the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Some suggestions I bounced around 2008-01-26 13:32:22

I figured that for myself, but I did try to give a slightly different take on it, and out of my mouth as yet another person feeling these problems are left warranted to some extent. As you said, they've been around for years, but in a way that kind of says less is being done to resolve it than what could be. Granted, unlike other posts, I also made sure to talkto the community as well, which is something I don't see a lot. I don'tknow of many members of the community who actually do as I said they should, which is actually some of the problem as well. Yes, I know I was quick to reply, this is one of people that bounced the idea around. This IS a shared account after all~ We were originally planning on turning into a flash team, but do to a lacking flash scriptor and lack of time, it's just a bunch of friends that don't feel like making individual accounts. Lazy is as lazy does I suppose.

Response to Some suggestions I bounced around 2008-01-26 20:46:17

Thank You for these points, Im new and will try to get the rules right.

Cookies taste very good.