00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vegeta210 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stealing Awards - Final Warning

44,863 Views | 487 Replies

Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:10:34

As many of you know some of these groups use multiple alts to leave multiple votes, reviews, etc, in an effort to steal awards from other Flash artists. So far I have been far too nice with some of these people. Just today I removed probably close to 100 alt accounts that belonged to several individuals, and there are most likely many more alts waiting to be easily discovered.

I have been sparing the main accounts so far. To those who have lost alts, consider yourselves lucky. From this point forward any user found using an alt account to leave an addition vote, review, etc, in an effort to win an award, ALL of your accounts will be deleted. I don't care if you have 15,000 experience, and 100 Flash entries, your account will be gone.

Stealing Flash awards is about the lowest thing you can do on Newgrounds, and it will not be tolerated.

Using alts on Newgrounds is a bad idea, especially if they are used maliciously, like avoiding bans (any kind of ban, review ban, forum ban, audio ban, portal ban), avoiding post limits, etc.

Anyone who uses an alt in such a way runs a high risk of lossing ALL of their accounts, including their main account.

This is your final warning. So I don't want to hear any complaining if we need to take action against abusive users. Anyone who makes a stink or complains about users being deleted will also be terminated. There is no excuse for this type of abuse on Newgrounds, and there is no excuse for trying to complain about us taking action against it.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:12:16

Definately agree, stealing is just wrong, especially virtual stealing. Also, check your PMs, i sent you one a few days back.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:12:18

Despite barely using the Flash Portal anymore, I welcome this warning with open arms.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:12:19

It's good news to see the security of the portal being stepped up.

What can a thoughtful man hope for mankind on Earth, given the experience of the past million years? Nothing

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:12:21

Crackdown time!

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:12:51

It's great to hear Wade that these alts are getting what they deserve from now on!

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:13:10

i havent ever used a different account besides this one myself.

Ooohhh! we got some drugs!And Mattheson! they aint here ted!Hi Ted!I look like The Hamburglar!and the elephant man!(pineapple Express,the best movie ever!Mattheson is awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:13:34

Hey is this topic pinned? We don't want it getting pushed off the boards any time soon.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:14:36

Ok, I just hope I didn't accidentaly review on something also with my alt. But I see your point wade.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:15:29

Good to see someone is finally taking action...

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:16:01

About time, good job!

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:16:02

Well, i guess its for the best.
I hope nobody important has their main account deleted D:

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:16:16

BURN THE INFIDELS!

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:16:44

so, is there anything that someone CAN use an alt for? Or are alts totally not allowed for anything at all. I'm just trying to figure out why someone would us an alt other than those things you listed.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:16:49

Nice. People who use alts to steal awards are idiots anyway - they deserve to have their accounts deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:17:20

You know making this thread gives more people the idea, right?

You should just delete the main accounts and say nothing.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:17:39

At 1/21/08 05:11 PM, citricsquid wrote: IM SO SORRY WAED PLEASE DONT BELETE ME WASNT MY FAULT.

learn to spell first then he might make an acception

I DON'T DISCRIMINATE, I JUST HATE YOU ALL... (supreme logic from the supreme being NYA!!!!

MAH BUNGIE.NET PROFILE

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:17:45

I lost the Under Dog of the Week once because of such a group! >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:18:10

I don't think NG lets someone with the same I.P. address vote again with an alt, so whoever are doing what you mentioned are probably using a different I.P. How can you tell if someone is just at a different computer and the different person, or someone using the same computer with an I.P. proxy?

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:18:35

Too bad that the worst offenders dont come onto the BBS. Guess your just have to keep on banning them because they probably wont stop.

DURR HURR

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:19:59

At 1/21/08 05:16 PM, Silent-G wrote: so, is there anything that someone CAN use an alt for? Or are alts totally not allowed for anything at all. I'm just trying to figure out why someone would us an alt other than those things you listed.

Having alts isn't the best idea, unless you are really careful to never use them to cause trouble, abuse the site, etc. If we see someone abusing the site AND we see they have alts, it only makes their case worse for themselves.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:20:52

Since you're on it Wade- if you want to delete this alt, feel free to do so- I was given it, but now it's just worrying me a lot because there were some issues around the alts- so if you delete these alts which were already made for abusive purposes I'd be very grateful.

or ignore this post if you want to.
I don't know.

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:21:48

...and the hammer fell from the sky and smashed the balls of the spammers, and as the dust settled, peace could finally be seen once again :)

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:22:20

At 1/21/08 05:17 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: just say nothing.

That's not a very Wade thing to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:22:34

Why can't you just isp ban the main? I mean if you delete their main they can recreate it and won't care but isp ban is forever. My two cents anyway.

Grey power.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:23:57

This is a good action, but the spammers will always find a way.

Kirlian Choices

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:29:41

Yeah, I admit that alt accounts have been swarming NG quite a lot recently, even I made an alt. account before, but never really used it for anything through.

But it's obvious that some people just won't learn and will continue being idiots on NG

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:30:00

Wow this is pretty sudden, i did not know that alts were such a bad thing, I understand with the ways of trying to get awards. But what if you want to use an alt to submit flash on due to preferring another name etc. ?
Either way, what would happen if an admin accidentally thought that an account was an alt and deleted it, if it belonged to another user that was just similar? This could be bad though I cannot see it happening, though there is always the possibility of confusing them.

Still it is good to see a step being made to prevent this.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:31:12

well I stopped that shit for now, for the year 2008. Will try to make some real stuff now. I tried that before but when I realized that my spam shit gets by far more reviews, a higher score (for a blank screen I mean what the fuck) and more views I started to do spam stuff. I wouldn't have an idea how you can fix that viewing stuff. People that work hard on their stuff and aren't good don't get noticed, yet, people who doesn't work hard on their stuff do. Kind of unfair.

About the award stealing stuff, I admit that I did it and I don't even really know why. It's just the internet but just because I don't really care it probably doesn't mean that the person I steal it from doesn't care either. If you want to, you can delete the 2 rcp's I won (or one or what it was, I can't remember). I wouldn't really care, it's just a small pixel picture not worth too much.

By the way, a lot of people, actually ALL of the people I know would like to have that under judgment score for the submitter to see back. And the UJ reviews, for the submitter to see, too. I don't know why you removed that both but it surely won't help against mass voting.

ps. thanks for deleting babychipmunk, god dam that guy was annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Stealing Awards - Final Warning 2008-01-21 17:31:51

The big guy has spoken. O.o

"Just take her hand, Have fun leading her through all the wrong doors"

-Mozart Season- -Groupie without teh secs-