00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A question about the max post.

493 Views | 6 Replies

A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:24:22

I've had it brought up to my attention the hard way sadly that there is a 4 post limit within a half an hour on any particular thread. Is there a reason for this other then keeping spam down? and If so can certain sanctions be allowed that a topic can be started in another thread(Sometimes a conversation just can't be held in that long of period, consider that it's not even continual conversations, sparse and broken at best)

Groove in the soul is Groove For the world

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:29:58

This is from the Newgrounds FAQ section on forum posting.

Q: Are there any limitations?
A: To limit abuse of our forums, we have imposed the following posting restrictions:

6,500 characters in a post
one post every 60 seconds
four posts in a thread every 30 minutes
four new threads every 24 hours

BBS Signature

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:34:23

Thank you.

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:36:03

I just realized something rereading, of course after actually taking the time out to check over the Forum FAQ, What defines abuse of the Forums?

Sorry, I should of had this in with the original post.

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:42:15

At 12/22/07 05:36 PM, Rustybucket2501 wrote: I just realized something rereading, of course after actually taking the time out to check over the Forum FAQ, What defines abuse of the Forums?

You should know that from reading the BBS rules, as you're supposed to do before posting, naughty.

BBS Rules

BBS Signature

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 17:54:20

At 12/22/07 05:42 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/22/07 05:36 PM, Rustybucket2501 wrote: I just realized something rereading, of course after actually taking the time out to check over the Forum FAQ, What defines abuse of the Forums?
You should know that from reading the BBS rules, as you're supposed to do before posting, naughty.

BBS Rules

*Sigh* Okay, so basically unless you kiss a Mod's ass you can be bumped for just about anything(Except apparently Nonsense). The Idea that the Post Limit exist while so many mods are running around on the board at all times of the day is well...Asinine. Peace to one board that caters purely to 13 year olds with ADD now.

Jesus, and to think I can remember a time when NG was actually FAR less volatile than it is now with half the amount of requirements to how your posted. Was that before the rules or before the Mods didn't really watch threads? I've very rarely ran into decent ones here (Zerok, just because not only do you give a reason, but you give option. Mamatequila, because you do the same as zerok and you're still nice.). Kirk, I would have expected at least an answer. And if you're going to say that you're too busy, I'm going to wonder if it's because of the conversations you're carrying on instead of doing the job you're on here for. Yes, it's one conversation, but if you have work I wonder which one comes first? Hell Kirk, I'm sure that I could have completely recreated a thread and if I hadn't POINTED OUT the fact that I was carrying it over you wouldn't have done anything about it!! Okay, so this poor mood is actually because of Kirk. Not because of deleting a thread, but because of no answer to a question sent to him about it.

I'm done bitching now. Peace.

Response to A question about the max post. 2007-12-22 20:15:21

At 12/22/07 05:54 PM, Rustybucket2501 wrote: Kirk, I would have expected at least an answer. And if you're going to say that you're too busy, I'm going to wonder if it's because of the conversations you're carrying on instead of doing the job you're on here for.

Haha, I was actually offline. I was watching Corpse Bride and Spy Hard, other I would have answered you.

I'm done bitching now. Peace.

Cool beans. Peace out.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature