00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub

1,687 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 18:37:07

One of the most best series ever made:

Pirates Of The caribbean ( POTC )

In this club we can talk about the series and what you think is going to happen ( future series ).
We can also talk about stuff like say if there is a new movie people could give out their opinions so on..etc.

RULES YOU MUST FOLLOW:

.No flaming
.No bitching
. all others reply to the BBS default rules.

If this club is good enough we i can think of some ranks:

___

Thinks to do:

tell us your favourite character and why! ( you can say the same as other people's.) (i like all the characters!)
tell us your second favourite and third favourite character.
tell us your favourite movie in the series. ( or if you like all of them, then say all of them )
tell us what YOU think is going to happen in upcoming movies..

Have fun!

this better not have been done before.

Join if you want just say your joining no need to ask for permission.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 20:09:19

ok hi i love pirates of the caribbean mostlyi like the last movie i think it is the number 3 btw r u there

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 20:52:45

At 12/8/07 08:09 PM, XroxyXroxyX wrote: ok hi i love pirates of the caribbean mostlyi like the last movie i think it is the number 3 btw r u there

cool! yeah number three is good! i can't eait for number 4!

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 20:58:59

At 12/8/07 08:52 PM, Bloodman101 wrote:
At 12/8/07 08:09 PM, XroxyXroxyX wrote: ok hi i love pirates of the caribbean mostlyi like the last movie i think it is the number 3 btw r u there

their wont be a number 4..end of club >.<

Brawl Name: Enjo!-Friend Code:0817-3550-8192, Hoping to become NG Champ for Tourney :)---Sig done by Loogiesquared

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 21:03:05

At 12/8/07 08:58 PM, Cigolini55 wrote:
At 12/8/07 08:52 PM, Bloodman101 wrote:

why do you think that? at the end of number three something happens with the pirate lords and that girl becomes one there should be another movie.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 21:23:19

Well lets see.... My favorite character would have to be: Jack-Barbossa's Monkey! I think he should have an entire movie about his adventures as a zombie-immortal-monkey-thing.

My favorite movie is the third one, it had some great scenes and plenty of violence. Plus it made sense to me even if it didn't to anybody else.

The fourth movie could either pick up with Will as capitain of the Flying Dutchman, or with Jack getting into his usual trouble

I think this club has real potential! come on everybody, join up!

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 21:47:00

At 12/8/07 09:23 PM, ilikepie118 wrote: Well lets see.... My favorite character would have to be: Jack-Barbossa's Monkey! I think he should have an entire movie about his adventures as a zombie-immortal-monkey-thing.

Yeah thats awesome!

My favorite movie is the third one, it had some great scenes and plenty of violence. Plus it made sense to me even if it didn't to anybody else.

Oh yeah, the third one was good, especially the big pirate war!

I think this club has real potential! come on everybody, join up!

Thanks!

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-08 21:51:01

Im going out now.. won't be back for a while ill leave ilovepie in charge. :D

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-09 04:03:58

Aright crew, im back!

Anyways anyone here have a POTC game?

ive got number 3 for Ps2..... its alright.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-09 08:51:43

I only saw the first one, but it was a damn good movie.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-09 16:02:01

At 12/9/07 08:51 AM, Twone wrote: I only saw the first one, but it was a damn good movie.

yes, it was you should see the others too they are really good... they are a MUST SEE movie.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-09 16:03:40

MEMBER LIST

-ilikepie89
-TWONE

SHIT LIST
-cigoloinea ( or whatever his name was )

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-09 16:05:13

o whoops sorry

RE: member list
- ilikepie89
- TWONE
-XroxyXroxyX

Shit list
-cigoliona ( or whatever his name was )

sorry XroxyXroxyX

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-10 16:03:07

Its been 2 days and im just checking back up on the old crew..

this is the only bump im gonna do sorry mods.. i really like POTC.. this is my ONLY bump..

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-13 04:30:42

what so fast!!

I hope i can join a club of a game i like

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-13 05:57:44

I've got number 2 on DVD, they're all pretty good, I'm not sure if they'll continue, as discussed here. Keira Knightly won't come back, anyways, that'd be a major setback, but she's not as funny anyways. It's kinda funny how they compare a fourth POTC to the fourth Indiana Jones, as that movie looks like it's actually going to get made, whereas POTC is a little less sure. I'd be happy if it were just left as is, it makes for a brilliant trilogy, and, as mentioned in the article, the series could go downhill if they keep going, but if they stop now, they're on top.

I think the series is a lot like the matrix trilogy in the sense that the first movie kind of works pretty good on it's own (more so with pirates than matrix), but the second movie ends without proper resolution and a third movie is pretty much going to happen. You could say that the first movie is one movie, and the next two are one double length movie.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-15 18:31:37

At 12/13/07 05:57 AM, WritersBlock wrote: I've got number 2 on DVD, they're all pretty good...bahblahblah big disapointment,... stuff..

Damn, thats a shame. number 2 is an alright one btw

I think the series is a lot like the matrix trilogy...

WOW, nice thinking, sorry for the delay of replying i thought this club was dead :P.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-16 19:10:54

I have all 3 on dvd, ill join.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-16 21:05:37

At 12/15/07 06:31 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: WOW, nice thinking, sorry for the delay of replying i thought this club was dead :P.

It was on page 1 when I posted, so technically I don't think it's dead yet.
It's a great series. I'll try and post here every so often, keep this club going, but we should get some decent discussion going.

I don't think I said my favourite character before, so I'll do that now, the midget pirate, he's cool. Dunno what his name is though.

Shall I make another crazy comparison with the series? I think so.
The ending of the third pirates movie is a fitting end to the series, with all loose ends tied up. The additional scene after the credits doesn't contradict this, you can read about it here. (spoiler warning) Some people believe that the ending is where a fourth movie will take off, as I'm sure it will if there is a fourth, but I believe that it will probably be much different to the current three, as the character will be a bit older and there's nothing cursing them, so my guess would be that there would be a whole pile of new characters in a fourth movie, as well as unforeseen pirate curses and taboos. It would be interesting to see what would happen should they go for a fourth movie. Anyway, I got a bit carried away there, my initial idea was to compare the ending in POTC 3 with the ending of X-men 3. While POTC3 is tied up nicely, X-men 3 ends with a hint that Xavier is not dead, which gives something to work from for a fourth X-men, should it go into production.
But on the other side, there's series like the Shrek movies that each are their own movies revolving around the same characters, but each movie ties up all problems at the end, so it's possible to watch the series in any order and it'll still make sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-18 05:21:40

At 12/16/07 09:05 PM, WritersBlock wrote:
At 12/15/07 06:31 PM, Bloodman101 wrote: WOW, nice thinking, sorry for the delay of replying i thought this club was dead :P.
It was on page 1 when I posted, so technically I don't think it's dead yet.
It's a great series. I'll try and post here every so often, keep this club going, but we should get some decent discussion going.

Ok... thats good

I don't think I said my favourite character before, so I'll do that now, the midget pirate, he's cool. Dunno what his name is though.

yeah hes pretty cool he doesnt talk much.. :P

Shall I make another crazy comparison with the series? I think so.

I think so too

:....LONG!

yeah, nice thinking , i reckon there SHOULD be a fourth movie i want to see what happens to Will Turner as the flying dutchman's captain will he be mutated? man.. i hope theres a fourth movie.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-19 00:02:28

At 12/16/07 07:10 PM, SlowSteelToast wrote: I have all 3 on dvd, ill join. ^^^^

cool man , Whats ya fave? its also great how this club is SLOWLY coming together thanks to all the people.

did anyone want me to create ranks or memberlists or something?

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-19 03:26:14

I watched 3 again last night. Maybe a fourth movie would have something to do with a legend about the fountain of youth, considering Jack Sparrow was heading off to find it at the end of the third movie, and barbosa had the black pearl. I'd say that if it continued on from the end of 3 neglecting the final cutscene 10 years later, I'd say the plot would focus on jack and barbosa, with will turner and elizabeth swann not really having much to do with it, as the cutscene shows that will has been busy with his duties to the flying dutchman, and elizabeth seems to have stopped being a pirate (considering Keira Knightly won't be coming back for a fourth film). IF a fourth movie will get made, then that's my bet, captain sparrow and captain barbosa and the fountain of youth, although there would need to be a considerable amount more to the legend, if it were to live up to the previous three movies.

At 12/19/07 12:02 AM, Bloodman101 wrote: did anyone want me to create ranks or memberlists or something?

Ranks sound cool, something pirate-y although I don't have any ideas for what a pirate-y rank would be =P

Also, I'm a musical nut, so, I could do further discussion about the music in the films. The first film has that main theme somewhat connected to jack sparrow. The second film still has that theme, but with the addition of davy jones, there's his music box theme. The music box carries over into the third film BUT the main theme only appears a couple of times in the third movie, but is largely replaced by the pirate shanty that the people getting hanged are singing at the start of 3. This tune comes in often, and with the same, or very similar harmony behind it, so that it sounds a lot like the theme in the first two movies. I noticed this while watching the movie last night, and expecting the tune I was so familiar to (my school's senior band had performed a pirates of the carribean medley a few weeks ago).

There we go, another post full of my theories and opinions on the series, so that maybe some discussion can follow through, should new members decide to post...

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-19 14:01:36

Could i join please? I love POTC

My favorite character is Jack Sparrow of course just because of his savvy nature and his ability to get out of just about any situation.

Second favorite would be Elizabeth just cause shes fit.

I dont know whats going to happen in the series but i cant wait!

Ink

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-19 15:04:21

Pirates of the Caribbean rules. I've got the third one on dvd. I keep watching it. If you wait to the end of the credits, you see a really cool scene but its really sad. There are scenes like this on the first and second ones too.

OMG FISH

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-19 20:23:19

At 12/19/07 03:04 PM, Bobby444 wrote: Pirates of the Caribbean rules. I've got the third one on dvd. I keep watching it. If you wait to the end of the credits, you see a really cool scene but its really sad. There are scenes like this on the first and second ones too.

yes, but the cutscene at the end of 3 is just a happy little ending that doesn't have all that much meaning in comparison to the other two. Before I saw it, I heard other people talking about it and one person told me that they missed the cutscene at the end the first time she watched it, so she had to watch the movie again JUST for that one scene. Now, that got me excited, I expected something interesting and cool, so I was bitterly disappointed. I think the final scene is more enjoyable providing you are female, but, I guess the rest of the film is a testosterone fuelled pirate fiasco, so that end was for a bit of balance =P

BBS Signature

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-21 06:49:11

everyone can join!!! they don't need to ask just discuss with others you dont neeed permission or anything, make ur own polls, discussions and i agree posts! cool!

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-21 06:51:56

btw witersblock can be like a sub-captain or something, when something happens and i havent answered or responded yet, writersblock can sort it out! :P

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-21 20:31:45

At 12/19/07 08:23 PM, WritersBlock wrote: yes, but the cutscene at the end of 3 is just a happy little ending that doesn't have all that much meaning in comparison to the other two.\

Its like a rip off of Titanic. But hey, it makes the movie a hell of a lot cooler to watch.

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-22 20:19:26

At 12/21/07 08:31 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 12/19/07 08:23 PM, WritersBlock wrote: yes, but the cutscene at the end of 3 is just a happy little ending that doesn't have all that much meaning in comparison to the other two.\
Its like a rip off of Titanic. But hey, it makes the movie a hell of a lot cooler to watch.

yeah i know. yes it does make the movie cooler to watch :|

Response to Pirates Of The Caribbean Fanclub 2007-12-22 21:36:18

dude they were in production with number 4 when 3 went to theaters lol