00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Easy color photoshop tutorial?

662 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 07:08:01

Okay so I've been working with flash to do drawings but it sorta feels like I can get a better result if I start working with photoshop. The thing is that I'm really noob to it :P Can anyone point out a good tutorial for photoshop coloring for noobs?

The pic just shows my current level at coloring with flash :P Not that great :\

Easy color photoshop tutorial?

Response to Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 07:19:41

Response to Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 07:26:18

There isn't any easy tutorial on colouring; It's one of the hardest things to learn (for me, anyway). Rather than looking for a "Photoshop" colouring tutorial you should be looking for an actual art tutorial, which covers hue, saturation, form and aalll of that crap. Getting stuff like that down you can then apply the skills to any software or medium. The best tutorial i've seen is this - http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.h tm

If you're really serious about improving, go to black and white. Focus on learning form and debth, facial and body anatomy etc. Then once confident with that start learning colour.

Response to Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 07:36:53

At 9/1/07 07:26 AM, AdamAdam wrote: good post

Hah, best post i've seen so far on newgrounds :)

Response to Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 08:51:42

At 9/1/07 07:08 AM, Jhetto wrote: Okay so I've been working with flash to do drawings but it sorta feels like I can get a better result if I start working with photoshop. The thing is that I'm really noob to it :P Can anyone point out a good tutorial for photoshop coloring for noobs?

i quite like your pic.

Response to Easy color photoshop tutorial? 2007-09-01 08:56:16

Damn, the pic is so simple but yet so perfect!
Love it.