00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Falkon0re just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nudist Camp for kids

62,108 Views | 34 Replies

Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:09:15

A nudist camp in Florida for children is under investigation.

What do you guys think about this?
news article

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:13:02

Some more info:
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A Florida congressman sees nothing natural in a nudist camp for kids.

Republican Mark Foley wants state officials to open an investigation of the camp run by the American Association for Nude Recreation. The week-long camp is for children eleven to 18. Foley says a nudist camp for kids could expose them to pedophiles or other dangers. But Steve Vickers disagrees. He went to the camp for five years before becoming a counselor. He says the congressman has the wrong idea. While the campers are naked, Vickers says they aren't fooling around.

Vickers says many of his fellow campers remained virgins far longer than kids at his high school.

a camp in AZ

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:43:53

I don't see the problem with the concept of the camp, though I do see the point the negative side makes.

Here's how I see it:

If you're going to run a camp like that, EXTENSIVE background checks are a must, and I hope are going on, for staff and personnel.

Enough staff should be on hand to make sure that kids aren't doing anything.

The way I see it, if you have quality counselors, and enough staff, things should be fine...and I do see the point made by the counselor about kids having gone to the camp not getting pregnant in high school...society really does put taboos on nudity and sex, and that makes it all the more attractive to teens who want to "rebel" I think.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:45:09

I'm sure the owner/manager takes all the proper precautions when hiring employees for the camp. People are just looking for an excuse to see "dirty" and "naughty" images where there really aren't those images at all.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:58:40

so... what happens when a hot 17 year old chick walks past the boys???

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 15:59:34

Well said, Andrea.
Nudity is still not completely acceptable in modern society, so people are looking at it through a pair of glasses tinted with suspicion.
Regardless of what is going on, they're looking for something to blame them for.

And I might like to go to one of those...
(Adult, NOT children.)

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-25 16:16:18

karasz: my guess it depends on the kid.

I'm sure those kids have been going to other nudist events with their parents or they probably wouldn't want to do it for the first time with strangers their own age.

Nudity isn't about getting naked and thinking about sex. It's about being comfortable and natural in a friendly environment.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 02:13:50

At 6/25/03 04:16 PM, Freakapotimus wrote: Nudity isn't about getting naked and thinking about sex. It's about being comfortable and natural in a friendly environment.

so your saying im a pervert??? well then touche...

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 03:02:17

Hmmm, no way, I don't like the sound of that at all. It's not that I don't like the concept of the camp; I agree with freakopotymus about nudity being a natural thing. However, it'd just be the people I don't trust. Campers and Counselors. With hormones raging the way they do (ESPECIALLY at that age), this sickos running around our country, and all the over exposure to sex in the media, that camp looks like the perfect recipe for disaster. A good concept, but I wouldn't trust it working any day. Kinda like Communism, lol. :P

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 03:17:12

At 6/25/03 03:58 PM, karasz wrote: so... what happens when a hot 17 year old chick walks past the boys???

Most, if not, all nudists were brought into nudist camps at a young age and are therefore capable of seeing the difference between nudity and eroticism. Most young teenage boys will go nuts when they see a naked woman for the first time because they never saw one before but nudists were brought up in an environment where clothes aren't a necessity, they're only fashion.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 03:36:13

At 6/25/03 03:45 PM, Freakapotimus wrote: I'm sure the owner/manager takes all the proper precautions when hiring employees for the camp. People are just looking for an excuse to see "dirty" and "naughty" images where there really aren't those images at all.

Dirty and naughty morality judgements may be easily passed on a situation such as this, and it's obviously debateable whether morality and politics should mix, but this also provides a safety hazard, which is more of a point that people have made in this thread. Safety is a definate issue in an underage nudist camp, especially in a nation with stringent underage sexual laws, and an average, possibly higher than average rate among sexual preadators. The specific camp in question, may be a very good one, but it's concept may lead to a great deal of powerfully negitive effects on youths.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 03:58:36

At 6/26/03 03:17 AM, nailbomb wrote:
At 6/25/03 03:58 PM, karasz wrote: so... what happens when a hot 17 year old chick walks past the boys???
Most, if not, all nudists were brought into nudist camps at a young age and are therefore capable of seeing the difference between nudity and eroticism. Most young teenage boys will go nuts when they see a naked woman for the first time because they never saw one before but nudists were brought up in an environment where clothes aren't a necessity, they're only fashion.

almost true. They may be used to seeing naked anything. But just like people who arent nudists are used to seeing...women in general, they may still get aroused by seeing an extremely attractive woman. Naibomb did say " a hot 17 year old chick" so, it would still be something at least a little out of the ordinary.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 04:04:03

At 6/26/03 03:58 AM, Purchaser_of_souls wrote:
almost true. They may be used to seeing naked anything. But just like people who arent nudists are used to seeing...women in general, they may still get aroused by seeing an extremely attractive woman. Naibomb did say " a hot 17 year old chick" so, it would still be something at least a little out of the ordinary.

Actually Karasz wrote that, I was quoting him. Anywho, if indeed there was a "hot 17 year old chick" in the nudist camp she'd have to seduce the boys or act really sexual because to a nudist it doesn't change anything if she's naked or dressed like a nun.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 04:06:59

At 6/26/03 03:36 AM, AnRkeyPenguin wrote:

:The specific camp in question, may be a very good one, but it's concept may lead to a great deal of powerfully negitive effects on youths.

I don't see what effect it has on teenagers besides teaching them to feel good about themselves and that they don't have to be amashed of their body.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 04:33:40

At 6/26/03 04:04 AM, nailbomb wrote:

Actually Karasz wrote that, I was quoting him. Anywho, if indeed there was a "hot 17 year old chick" in the nudist camp she'd have to seduce the boys or act really sexual because to a nudist it doesn't change anything if she's naked or dressed like a nun.

well now, you're just making assumptions about the psychology and sex drive of nudists.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 04:42:46

Trust me, I'm not.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 05:20:21

what? you know all of them? Or are you yourself a nudist?

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 05:37:42

Let's just say I've had...encounters.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 05:41:21

but that doesnt qualify you to classify all nudists and tell us what they think or what turns them on,

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 05:47:16

That's like saying I can't know what turns on those with a foot fetish.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 05:55:49

no, because nudist is not one specifice group or sexual preference. It's a way of life.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 06:02:57

Exactly, they separated nudity from eroticism because that's their way of life.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 06:14:43

The point i was trying to make was that, ignoring completely the fact that the girl is naked...She could still be intensly hot. Thus could be found attractive. She doesnt have to act any certain way and still be found attractive. Naked or fully clothed.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 08:25:16

The only thing Iv'e ever learned from nudist colenies is that the people who are comfortable with their bodies are the same people who really shouldn't be.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 09:56:56

At 6/26/03 06:14 AM, Purchaser_of_souls wrote: The point i was trying to make was that, ignoring completely the fact that the girl is naked...She could still be intensly hot. Thus could be found attractive. She doesnt have to act any certain way and still be found attractive. Naked or fully clothed.

I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying she'd have to be pretty damn hot to sexually arouse nudists by just standing there...

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 12:36:49

At 6/26/03 08:25 AM, stafffighter wrote: The only thing Iv'e ever learned from nudist colenies is that the people who are comfortable with their bodies are the same people who really shouldn't be.

That's exactly the kind of attitude that keeps people thinking in terms of sex, sexuality, eroticism, and attractiveness. Who shouldn't be where? Who cares? Nudists are generally people who are comfortable with their bodies, regardless of shape or size or color. Your statement says that if you were go to go a nude camp or beach, it would be to look for people who fit your definition of hot, sexy, or attractive. Are you then saying that people who don't fit that definition shouldn't be comfortable with their bodies? That kind of attitude feeds this nations self-esteem problem and keeps others in an endless cycle of "trying" to get ft without actually seeing any results.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 16:42:58

At 6/26/03 04:06 AM, nailbomb wrote:
At 6/26/03 03:36 AM, AnRkeyPenguin wrote:
I don't see what effect it has on teenagers besides teaching them to feel good about themselves and that they don't have to be amashed of their body.

Okay, that's neato.

Let's work on reading comprehension.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 18:01:03

********ashamed. I really hate typos that completely screw up a word.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 19:04:35

well i can also see where some people can get a bad opinion on it.
Then again it does depend on the owner, I myself am 15 and i wouldnt mind going to a nudist camp for kids. I help my grandma run a house of several kids most under the age of 11 so i really dont have any problem with nudity. But i think anyone who is going to act perverted at these camps should be expelled and depending on how bad their behavior was, reported to the authorites.

Response to Nudist Camp for kids 2003-06-26 19:59:36

Nudist don't go into nudist camps to see naked people, they go there to be free of the tyranny of clothes! Many people confuse what they think nudist do and what they actually do, wich is just cottaging in the nude. You don't go into a nudist camp to pick up chicks, you go there to tan your ass, litterally. Besides, im sure they have rules regarding sexual harassement.