00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A little ghost story.

41,615 Views | 508 Replies

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-05 10:58:39

I really enjoyed the last chapter. The "spooky supernatural" part may not have been scary per se (I don't get scared by these things) but the way it squirms into the story is delightful.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-06 15:39:51

Well I've finally caught myself up on your story Mono and I must say I'm quite intrigued. It's a little confusing (in that you actually have to think to follow the story :P) so far but I can't wait to see where it's going and how you'll bring it all together in the end. So as far as constructive critisizm goes I have none at this time. Can't wait for the next chapter though!

And as always thank you much for the PM's :)

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-07 11:50:14

"Oh, it's a flashlight. Found it in the room I was renovating. Found it stuck behind the radiator. Kinda odd it was back there. Weird thing is, it seems to use the same type of batteries that my digital camera does. There's some markings on it, but I can barely make them out. Might still work. I'll pop in a fresh set of batteries, later. Hope it's worth it though, those batteries are about five bucks each, and this one looks like it takes two of them."

And thats how you know who wrote this story. The word flashlight which you won't find in most reading appears with uncommon frequency when Monocrom is around.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-08 02:12:25

I go camping for a few days and I come back to shiny new chapterness, my week's gettin better and better! Except for registering for school in the morning :(

I have to say, the level of realism ( as in events that mirror the darker side of life) in your stories is always a little bit of a downer, 'cause I tend to not think about those things in my everyday life. However, they also draw me into the story, make it more believable, and therefore suspension of disbelief is easier, so I definantly can't complain, and besides the quality of storytelling is excellent.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-12 02:17:07

UPDATE:
~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the slight delay.
Real life sometimes gets in the way of posting.

Next chapter = Before Monday night.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 15:34:25

--- Chapter Five : Part I ---

A Night Out.

A couple of days had passed since Link finished with the nursery. He was tired, and decided to take a break for awhile. Jade was up on a folding ladder, polishing the large chandaler that stood above the main hallway. Jade had put motor oil in her car before cleaning the chandaler. There was just a bit of oil left over. She placed the container near the painter's tarp, below the ladder. She planned on getting rid of it once she was done with the chandaler. As Jade continued to clean, she didn't see the tiny blob of motor oil that crawled out the top of the open container. Slowly, it crawled along the floor. Defying gravity, the tiny blob moved up one leg of the ladder. It took awhile. But the "creature" settled itself on the step just below the one Jade was standing on. When she was done, Jade took one step down, slipped on the oil, and screamed as she closed her eyes and fell backwards towards the floor......

Jade opened her eyes, just as her family came running into the hallway. She could smell her father's distinct scent of Old Spice. She expected to be in horrible pain, and yet; she wasn't! She felt perfectly fine. Jade got up as her mother, father, and sister crowded around her.

"Are you okay, Sweetie?" Asked Link.
"Yeah dad..... I'm actually fine." Said Jade, with a puzzled look on her face.

Everyone else was surprised too..... Well, everyone except for Alice. She had seen, from a distance, what had happened. But she couldn't believe her own eyes. Alice told them what she had seen.

"It was a man. Well, the outline of a man. It caught her in its arms. Or, what looked like arms. It gently set her down on the tarp. And then...... it saw me. For just a split-second. It seemed to look right at me. It was angry. I don't know why, but it was. Just so angry. Then, it was gone."

Link and Jen exchanged glances. They had moved out of the city primarily for their daughters' sake. Both Alice and Jade had been having problems in New York city. Those problems had seemed to go away after they moved. Now, one of their daughters was having what they believed to be "an old problem." Alice had been born with an abnormality in her brain. She would sometimes see things that weren't there. As a child, she was thought to have an over-active imagination. When she got older, it was clear there was a problem. A problem that was controlled with prescription pills.

Jen wanted to ask her daughter if she had been taking her medication. But she stopped herself. None of Alice's previous episodes featured a ghost. Yes, she would see things that weren't there. But all of those "things" seemed solid & real to her. She thought she saw a person walking towards her with a knife, one time. Another time, a zebra walking down the street. Alice tended to see things that could be real. She never saw a pink elephant with tiny wings go by on a unicycle. Nothing like that. And certainly not ghosts. Jen feared that this was something new. There was also something else..... something had indeed broken Jade's fall. And it certainly wasn't the floor.

Jade needed to go out that night. She was bored, and hadn't seen her boyfriend in a couple of weeks. She was also horny, and decided to give him a treat.

"That fucker better remember the condoms this time, or he's not getting laid..... 'Happy Ending my ass!'" Jade thought to herself, as she applied the maroon lipstick that she knew he liked.

She even put on the blood-red top and black skirt that she knew he liked. Then she put on the knee-high black boots that they both liked.

"JadeTheAssassin..... out for another kill." She said with a smile and a devilish chuckle.

She kissed herself in the mirror, leaving behind a large lipstick stain on the glass. She went off to meet the Love of her Life. When she called to get directions to the club, she was no longer so sure about the Love of her Life.....

Jade made it into NYC with her Dodge Neon. She walked up to the club. Despite being on the list, the Bouncer let her in immediately; without even looking at it. She slid into the booth where her boyfriend was waiting. The place seemed like a great place to party..... just not for her! Jade was not amused.

"What..... What the fuck is wrong with you?" She said.

"What?"

"You called your hot girlfriend...... to meet you at a gay bar?! Why?" Asked Jade.

"Oh, it's Thursday night!"

"Well, what a great reason! Of course! Thursday night...... You're chances of getting laid are going down faster than Elton John in a Men's room. Save yourself, dumb-ass." Replied Jade.

"Oh, I meant it's comedy night. Some of these gay guys are funny as Hell. I thought you'd enjoy a good laugh."

"Really?! Okay! I'll make a deal with you. If the next dude makes me laugh, I'll do that THING that you REALLY like. If not, I get to hit you...... really hard! ...... in the face! Fair enough? Hmmm......" Said Jade.

"You got it, baby!"

The next comedian came to the stage....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, and perverts..... We all keep hearing about Gay Marriages. You know what that leads to...... Gay Divorce. Then comes Gay Let's-get-back-together. Then finally, Gay Now-I-remember-why-I-Gay-Divorced-your-a ss!"

Jade couldn't let but let out a small giggle.

"Oh Son of a...... Okay, but this time; you're paying for the crackers and strawberry jam. You hear me Demean?" Said Jade.

"I hear you..... But why do you insist on calling me by that nickname?"

"Oh shut up. You're getting laid! Let's go!" Jade grabbed him by the arm as they headed for the door.

Jade wasn't the only one out that night. Alice had gone to a local bar in upstate New York. It didn't take long before the ugliest, meanest-looking guy in the place was hitting on her.

"Come on baby, give us some sugar."

"I said 'NO!'" Shouted Alice.

"Hey Johnny! Didn't I tell you to leave? What the fuck you still doing here?" Asked Sam, from behind the bar.

"Mind your own business, Sam! This don't concern you!" Shouted Johnny.

Johnny turned back towards Alice.....

"So baby, how about we....."

That's as far as Johnny got. Sam had grabbed a baseball bat, jumped over the bar, and slammed the bat into the back of Johnny's knees. Sam had then hit a home run by using his head as the ball. Still conscious, she dragged him to the men's room. And shoved his face into a toilet full of piss!

"Yeah! Who's your daddy! Say my name bitch! Say it!!" Shouted Sam.

She pulled his head out the toilet..... just in time to hear her name.

"Yeah! That's better! I won't ever fuck you, Johnny. But at least you can say I fucked you UP!"

Johnny ended up crawling towards the exit. Sam went to check on Alice.

Sheriff Andersson pulled up to the Bar a few minutes later.

"Sam..... is there a reason why Johnny, is covered in urine and bleeding from the back of the head?"

"No clue, Sheriff." Said Sam.

"He's refusing to tell me what happened. But I think I know...... I'll be keeping an eye on you, Sam.

He glanced over at Alice, before leaving.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 15:38:11

--- Chapter Five : Part II ---

Macer didn't know how to respond to the news that his friend had given him.

"Why didn't you tell me all of this when it was happening?"

"Because..... What the Hell was I supposed to say? 'Hey, the Love of your Life is doing another guy. They're gonna get married. Oh yeah, she pregnant too!' Look..... where you were, you had more important things to deal with. You didn't need all that extra shit. Cause we both know that neither of us could have done a damn thing about it." Replied Fyndir.

"Fair enough. But how am I even supposed to bring this up to her without letting Nikole know that I already know?"

"Oh Man...... Do I have to do everything for you? I alreadu kinda feel like shit for bringing this up...... Okay, here's what you do. Call her mom. Tell her you're calling because renovations on the house are going faster than expected. Tell her Nikole misses her. Start a conversation about when would be a good time for her to stop by for a visit. You know...... cause her daughter misses her. Her mom loves to talk about Nikole. Then, ask her about Nikole's childhood. Then ease the conversation into possibly giving her grand-children. Ask about babies names and all that shit...... Just take the conversation into the direction where her mom might let something slip. Then, pounce on it! And fuck it. If that don't work, you tell Nikole that her mom let something slip...... Problem solved!" Replied Fyndir.

"Oh you're good!"

"Just don't be stupid and tell your wife I said anything." Said Fyndir.

Deputy Andersson walked in to grab some lunch. Soon, he was out the door. Like the Sheriff and the other deputies, Andersson was pulling an incredible amount of overtime; trying to find the escaped rapist. Unfortunately, none of them were having any luck. Andersson checked the back roads and the outskirts of town. Nothing...... not even anything that would indicate that perhaps someone was hiding out near the woods. Andersson had memorized the rapist's profile. Not being a Hunter or Survivalist meant that the rapist was not going to hide out deep in the woods. At least, not for long. Such individuals are likely to hide closer to civilization, closer to the more frequented trails, closer to a damn diner.

"You got to come out sometime you son of a bitch." Thought Andersson to himself.

The dispatcher got on the radio, and made a strange request...... She was pulling a ton of overtime. More so than the deputies. She was hungry, and asked if anyone could get her a sandwich. Andersson knew of a small General store closeby that, ironically, made the best sandwiches in the county. He told the dispatcher he'd stop by there. She thanked him.

As Andersson waited by the back of the store, he got an uneasy feeling as the bell above the door to the General store began to ring. Andersson decided to take a look. The young man was clothed in rags. He looked as if he was Homeless. This immediately made Andersson suspicious. You don't find homeless people in upstate New York. That's like finding a hooker with a hear of Gold. Not going to happen..... Anderson approached the young man, slowly; from the side. The young man raised his head a bit when he noticed Andersson.

"How are you today?" Asked Andersson from 15 feet away.

The young man glanced down at the floor, and then reached quickly into his coat!

"Get you hands up! Now!" Shouted Andersson, as he drew his .38 caliber revolver.

"Don't shoot." Said the young man in a timid voice.

A tire-iron fell to the floor. Andersson called for back-up. The young man was taken away. The store's owner thanked Andersson for the good job he did.

"Well, I seriously doubt he came in here to change a tire. Considering he had a bus ticket in his coat, and no car parked outside." Said Andersson.

"I still appreciate what you did..... Say, how come you carry a .38 when all the other deputies switched to .357 magnums?" Asked the Store owner.

"I find it's all I need, really." Replied Andersson.

Back at the house, Macer decided to call his Mother-In-Law in the morning. He crawled underneath the house to check for rats. He was covered in filth when he finally crawled out..... He had also lost his car keys.

"Crap, I don't have a spotlight. All I've got is this Mini-Maglite."

"Don't worry, I got it covered." Said Fyndir as he ran to his car, and got his flashlight. He ran back.

"Well that's not going to work. It's too small."

Macer changed his tune after Fyndir turned on the small, black aluminum flashlight by hitting the tailcap button.

"Oh shit that's bright!" Shouted Macer.

"It better be, considering what I paid for it."

"What is it? A new Maglite model?" Asked Macer.

"Hardly! ...... It's a Surefire 6P. Expensive as fuck. But it's like having a giant spotlight in your pocket!"

"Where'd you get it?" Asked Macer.

"Sharper Image."

"That overpriced place?" Replied Macer.

"It's the only store that carries it. Let's find your keys."

It took a short time to find Macer's keys.

Too bad the next day wasn't going to be so easy.......

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 16:17:17

This is my favorite chapter so far!

sleep 18 hours, party 24

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 16:27:24

Wowza thats good so far! Can't wait for more

I'm too 'tarded to get a picture in here, so I'll write something instead.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 16:33:00

Clichés, clichés, and, what's that, more clichés.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 16:36:23

Such a touching story, hurry it up with the next chapter!

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 18:00:42

Nice. A little slower pace, more easily followable for those who are having a hard time, and some interesting character insight. Also, a bright as hell LED flashlight XD

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-13 18:20:23

Hmmm nice story but pls pls eat the yellow snow

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-14 12:06:21

Yay comments!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: stolen-name -

But you haven't seen chapter 6 yet! :D

To: Magic-Lemur-Joe -

Bookmark the thread! I update chapters at least once a week!

To: JackPhantasm -

Knowing you, you're a bit like Uber...... So that means you loved the chapter! Aww.... Thanks! :)
Be sure to bookmark it! And congrats on leveling up.

To: Lost-Wisdom -

No worries, I update my chapters on a regular basis..... You lucky bastard! :D

To: Sainth -

Glad to hear my Readers aren't confused by the story. As more questions come up, they shall all (eventually) be answered. I promise! My story is not like that seies on ABC called "Lost."......... Where they promise to answer all of the mysteries in the show; but never do! I won't screw my Readers that way.

BTW, this time, the high-end light is not an LED. It's a high-output Xenon bulb. (LED technology in flashlights 12 years ago was generally not very impressive. Although its appearance has changed a bit, the Surefire 6P is still being made today. Not sold through Sharper Image, though. A 6P is about $60 -$70 today.

To: G.F.F. -

Keep it up, and I'll introduce you as a character...... and make YOU eat the yellow snow!
Best part?........ I'll do it in a way that'll make it fit in to the story! Cause I'm just that good! W00t!

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-14 14:20:25

Just a quick comment, I like that the chapters are now a little longer. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I prefer longer, more beefy bits. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-14 19:22:49

Oh yeah, I get to do Jade.

Thank you so much.

hurrrddurrrrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-18 21:59:15

MORE feelings of impending doom. still a great read though.

Keep 'em coming!

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-19 10:05:20

Soooooo...

...one of my beautiful daughters sees zebras prancing up and down the road (among other equally disturbing things, it seems), and the other equally stunning fruit of my loins enjoys quiet evenings spent listening to quality Gay Stand-Up Comedy (and, from what I've understood, warming herself up for some not-quite-so-homosexual action with other youngsters).

...I'm so...so very proud. Words almost fail me.

sure, I may have a bit of a "hankerin' for a spankerin'" for naughty lil' Jade, but still...

Seriously though, I enjoyed this chapter as much as the rest of 'em. Of course, I was weirded out just a tad by the evil blob of car-oil, but I'm sure that in due time I'll find out what that's all about (along with the rest of the readers, that is).

Good stuff :)

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-20 15:34:17

--- Chapter Six : Part I ---

Old Ghosts

Jade couldn't sleep. She and Demean had cleaned themselves up. (Seems Strawberry jam can leave quite a mess). Jade changed the sheets on his bed. She looked over at him. Demean was cuddled up next to her..... with a grin on his sleeping face.

"JadeTheAssassin makes another kill." Jade thought to herself, as she smiled. The smile quickly vanished. You see, Demean really wasn't the Love of her Life. But he definitely looked like him! The spitting image of Jaime. Jade couldn't help thinking of him. Two years ago, at just 16 years of age, she tricked him into sleeping with her, on his 19th Birthday. (Jade told him she was a couple of years older). While 17 is consenting age in New York, Jade soon realized her mom would immediately have Jaime charged with statutory rape..... that is, if her dad didn't break every bone in his body for sleeping with his 16 year-old daughter! Normally easy-going, Link would kill to protect his girls; and then he'd bury the body. Simply put, Link still saw his daughters as little girls.

Jade promised not to tell. But Jaime had another idea. He wanted to marry Jade. His proposal came as a shock to her. It was then that she recalled something that Jen had told her...... "Men are like bathroom tiles, Sweetie. If you lay them right, you can walk all over them for years!"

Jen had no idea her daughter would become sexually active one year after she had told her that. Jade realized she was too young to get married. A month later, she decided to break off their relationship..... To say it didn't go well, would be an understatement! Jaime had developed a bad cold, and he had hurt his leg the day before. Jade always spoke her mind.

"Go to Hell." Said Jaime, in a quiet, sickly tone.

He then asked her for a ride to a friend's house. Jade figured it was the least she could do, for completely breaking his heart. The ride in her Neon was a quiet one..... until Jaime saw smoke rising from the roof of a building they drove past.....

"Stop the car. DAMMIT JADE, STOP THE FUCKING CAR!!!"

She slammed on the brakes! Jaime jumped out of the passenger's seat. Before she could stop him, he limped as quickly as he could into the building...... I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Why she's dating a look-a-like, instead of the real thing..... He saved quite a few lives that day. Kept going back into that building. Then, the roof came down. And after that, Jade realized that he was the Love of her Life. She was shocked when she saw him just a few months later, eating his lunch in Washington Square park. But of course, it wasn't him. Jade decided that a copy was better than nothing at all. It quickly became obvious that her copy was rather easy for her to dominate. That's why she nick-named him "Demean." If she wanted to, she could do that to him all day long; and he'd still come back for more. At first, Jade felt guilty for using him. But she figured that since she often cooked for him, slept with him, and even did his laundry..... then he had nothing to complain about. After all, do most guys prefer a girfriend who says she loves them, or one who cooks, cleans, and screws them? Deep down inside, Jade knew Demean wasn't like most guys. He wasn't in the same class as Jaime, but Jade knew he deserved a loving girlfriend.

Jade carefully got out of bed. She grabbed her cellphone, and snuck into his bathroom. She sat down on the floor, next to the tub. She hated to do it, but she called her sister's cellphone; despite the very late hour. Alice answered the phone.

"Hey it's me. I need to ask you something....." Said Jade.

"That you Jade? You know what time it is?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. But I really have to know something..... That ghost you saw.... Did it look like Jaime? I've got to know." Said Jade, as her voice began to break.

"Mom and Dad don't believe me. But they're not making a big deal of it, yet. And no, it definitely didn't look like him. Not at all. Whoever it was..... was angry. Jaime was always nice to me. He was the one who kept me from freaking out when I though some guy was about to stab me, remember? I nearly ran into traffic in order to get away from a daytime nightmare..... No, it wasn't him."

Jade told her sister that she'd be home in a few hours.

Jade woke up Demean by shoving him out of bed with her foot. She told him she needed him to drive her home.

"I thought we'd have all day tomorrow to hang out." Said Demean as he slowly got up from the floor.

"I just really need you to take me home, Jaime."

"Who's Jaime?" Asked Demean, out of curiosity.

"What??"

"You called me Jaime. Who's Jaime?" Asked Demean again.

"Oh don't be silly, Adam. I did no such thing! ...... I'm not feeling well, and I just really need this favor from you, okay?"

He could see that she was on the verge of tears, and that her voice was cracking. He agreed to her wish.

Several hous later, the Sun came up and Jade was home. Her baby brother would be arriving soon. Andersson barely had time to notice the Sun come up. He was speeding in his police cruiser towards the local hospital. A call came in that a veteran nurse had been injured by a violent patient. Andersson turned white as ghost when he heard the call. With lights & sirens blazing, he sped to the hospital in record time! Grabbing the Ruger Mini-14 from his trunk, the Sheriff slowly approached the front doors of the hospital. However, it quickly became clear that his worst fears had not come true. Security had restrained the violent patient.

Carmilla finished bandaging up the arm of the veteran nurse.

"There, you'll be okay." Said Carmilla with a smile, before turning around to greet the Sheriff.

"Are you alright?" He asked with concern in his voice.

The smile she gave him was the perfect answer to his question. Carmilla's smile could melt the heart of any man. She was more than just a nurse. She could run the hospital practically on her own. But she wasn't the type to make a show of it. Her skills were the reason why no one minded that she wore make-up on the job. Her bright red lipstick enhanced an already soothing smile. She trimmed her nails, but they too were bright red in color..... all in stark contrast to her white uniform. Her nick-name fit her well. Carmilla was a vamp who could get any man she wanted. And make them all feel like Kings!

"It's good to see you still worry about me, Sheriff." She smiled.

"There's a reason for that..... and we both know it." He replied, with a smile of his own.

"Oh Sheriff, you're such a sweet-talker." Her smile never faded.

Andersson leaned in, and whispered in her ear......

"What we had was special, Mary..... As I recall, you had my blood on your lips."

"You have an excellent memory, Sheriff." She replied, the smile had finally faded. A look of concern was now on her face.

"Be seeing you." Said Andersson, walking out the door.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-20 15:37:48

--- Chapter Six : Part II ---

Fyndir woke up sick as a dog! He swore it must have been something he ate at the diner the day before. Macer came in to check on him. It was obvious that he was in no condition to work.

A few hours later, Fyndir could hear Macer and Nikole arguing. It didn't last too long, and Fyndir drifted back to sleep. He woke up at around 4pm, feeling much better. He went outside, and found Nikole washing the top of one of the windows of the house. She was standing on a ladder.

It was obvious that Macer had confronted her about the baby..... possibly about the entire relationship she had while he was away. Fyndir prayed that Macer had not mentioned his part in all of this. Luckily, Nikole didn't have a clue.

"Oh hey Fyndir, you feeling better?" She asked from near the top of the ladder.

"Yeah, quite a bit better. Thanks...... Hey where's Macer?"

"He went into town to get a few more supplies for the renovation. Should be back soon. He...... Woah!"

The ladder began to tip over, Nikole had leaned too far while speaking to Fyndir. Thankfully, it began to tip over toward Fyndir. He instinctively reached up, in order to keep the ladder from falling. Nikole was safe...... But when Fyndir reached up, his hand had made contact with the side of her butt. Using his other hand, he was able to steady the ladder. But he had to keep his hand on her butt. Otherwise, she'd still fall over.

"Ah..... Look I'm sorry. I was just trying to keep you from falling. Wasn't my intent to....."

"That's okay, Fyndir. No need to apologize. I know you didn't intent to grab my ass." She said with a smile that put him at ease.

"Hey Fyndir! I could use some help here!" Shouted Macer from a few yards away. He had just returned.

"I'm going to check on dinner." Said Nikole as she went inside the house.

Fyndir went over to Macer...... And Macer did not seem happy.

"Hey dude, what's up with you and my wife?" Asked Macer in a calm voice.

"What do you mean, 'What's up?'" Asked Fyndir with a hint of bass in his voice.

"Well you know, I go into town, come back, you have your hand on my wife's nice soft ass....."

"Alright, hold it right there! One, I had my hand on her ass to keep her from falling off the ladder and breaking her neck! Two, who the fuck was there for you during those three years your ass was rotting in prison?! Me! That's who! Keeping an eye on your LittleMissVixen, to make sure she was okay. Putting money in your prison account. Going along with that retarded story of your's about being in London for the past three years, trying to earn your fortune. Are you fucking kidding me?! Yeah, I waited until you got out of prison for beating the shit out of that homeless dude before making a move on your girl. It was all part of my Master plan! Aren't I a fucking genuis?! ...... You know, you have got to be fucking kidding me. After everything I've done for you. You are so fucking lucky that that homeless guy had a previous record for hitting elderly women, and that that info was presented to the jury. Cause you know what, that judge fucked up! Juries aren't supposed to hear about a 'victim's' previous record. That's illegal! I'm sorry he attacked your mom. But you waited a month before going after him....... And now this bullshit??"

Fyndir got in his car and drove off. Macer felt terrible because he knew he was being stupid. He accused a good friend, a trusted friend, of lusting after his wife. He argued with Nikole after her mom had indeed let a bit of information slip, regarding the baby and her previous relationship. Nikole admitted to everything earlier that day.

"I lost the fucking baby! Is that what you wanted to hear?! Is it?!"

Her words were still echoing in his head. And now, not only was his wife still pissed at him, but he had managed to piss off a close friend too.

"What a shitty day I'm having." Macer thought to himself.

He didn't know it yet, but it was going to last far longer than just a day......

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-20 23:24:12

:3

I feel dirty.

hurrrddurrrrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-20 23:29:16

Too bad you can'y post these anymore.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-20 23:48:07

OK!

I've finally caught up on all the chapters! Sorry, I got behind because of vacation and all that jazz.

Good story though. Slightly creepy, which makes sense, since it is a ghost story :P

Can't wait to read more :)

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-21 00:41:04

I can think of nothing to say.

I guess I'll just be happy there's a new chapter? Even if it continues the streak of sadness inducing story telling.

:: Fyndir's gonna steal Macer's wife! lawl

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-21 00:46:12

Wow.
I get to fuck this one guy who I don't really love, but that I tolerate because he looks exactly like the guy I didn't love before, but then became the love of my life after he died.

Man.
Monocrom, I think my brain and my ovaries exploded.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-21 02:22:47

At 8/21/07 12:46 AM, JadeTheAssassin wrote: Wow.
I get to fuck this one guy who I don't really love, but that I tolerate because he looks exactly like the guy I didn't love before, but then became the love of my life after he died.

That, and he told you to go to hell, before kickin' the bucket :D Ain't life grand?

At least I didn't crush his legs, though. Saving all those lives with a pair of busted knee-caps would have been some feat, eh? Guess you could call that a silver lining of sorts.

Very nice chapter, I really like the character development here.

Oh, and..."Carmilla was a vamp who could get any man she wanted. And make them all feel like Kings!"

...I lolled.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-21 10:53:34

At 8/20/07 11:29 PM, CruzAzul-19 wrote: Too bad you can't post these anymore.

There you go, fixed your typo for you.
Nice bit of back-seat modding there..... Too bad you didn't notice that this story thread was started before that rule went into effect. Too bad you didn't notice the mods posting in my thread, or the ones who asked to be in it..... Too bad you feel like a fool right about now! LOL ! :D

To: Demean-

You should feel happy! :P

To: tigerkitty-

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)
Let me know if there's anything you don't understand so far about what's happening in the story.

To: Sainth-

Yeah...... things are going to get MUCH worse!

To: Jade-

Yup, like I said in an earlier chapter; Link moved his family out of the city because both of his daughters are F-ed up in the head! ...... And now you know why. :)

To: Link-

Yeah, that part about Carmilla being a vamp was partly as an in-joke for all my loyal Readers. :)

To: Fyndir-

Oh, so that's your REAL master plan?...... I'M TELLING JADE! :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: Chapter 7 = Before Sat. morning!
- - - - - - - - - - -

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-24 23:50:23

Pretty good, I enjoyed it.

COming soon!!! --> YEA <--

BBS Signature

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-25 03:11:43

you are so evil, foreshadowing Doom. though I still loved the chapter.

Can't wait for the next one.

Response to A little ghost story. 2007-08-26 05:04:48

--- Chapter Seven : Part I ---

The Angry Man

Jade's parents invited Demean to stay over. It would have been rude to make the young man drive back all the way to his home in the city, after dropping off their daughter in the early hours of the morning. Jade seemed to not care as she gave him his bed, and went into her sister's room. But it was a different story when she climbed into bed with Alice. She held Jade in her arms. After an hour, Jade stopped crying, and Alice was finally able to go back to sleep.

Early the next day, Jen's sister showed up with the baby. He was a cute little guy, looked just like his dad. Demean stayed inside while Link, his wife, and his daughters went outside to see the youngest member of their family. Everyone was happy to see the little guy. Jen's sister had to leave. The others went back inside. Alice was the last one to come in. She glanced up to the top of the stairs. There, she saw the outline of a man; with glowing red eyes. The angry man screamed at her! Alice fell onto the floor, as if someone had punched her in the face. The angry man's scream echoed in her ears.....

Alice's parents were becoming more and more concerned about their daughter. She told them nothing about what she had seen. She made up an excuse that the heat, and having skipped breakfast, caused her to faint. Her parents didn't believe her, but decided not to make a big deal about it. Alice had lied for two reasons. She was in constant fear that her parents might put her into a mental institution. It was a fear she had for as long as she could remember. Alice couldn't help the way she was. She desperately wanted to be "normal." She knew the medication she was taking was working. She knew she was seeing a real ghost. Not just something that her mind created on its own. But she knew no one would believe her. Her dad would never put "his little girl" into an institution. But mom might be a different story. Mom might get sick & tired of dealing with a daughter who couldn't help seeing things. Mom might give up on her. Mom might convince dad that "it was for the best," and put her into a place where she'd get "professional help."...... These were the thoughts that haunted her.

The other reason she kept quiet was something odd she had noticed about this ghost. It wasn't evil. Just didn't feel like it was. Angry? Of course! ....... But not evil. And for those two reasons, Alice kept her mouth shut.

Link and Jen were happy that the baby was back with them. But Jen was still concerned that there was something "off" about the house. But not anything she could point her finger at..... at least not yet! Demean left an hour later. Jade's parents had met Jaime. But they pretended that Demean looked nothing like him. Although they didn't talk about it to each other, both were certain that Jade would soon find a new boyfriend. They didn't know their daughter was sexually active. They just felt that it was more than a bit creepy that Jade was dating the spitting image of her dead boyfriend. Despite the fact that Adam seemed like a nice enough fellow, they had noticed a change in Jade's behavior. She seemed to be angry or upset far more often than before she began dating Adam. They noticed she was a lot calmer when she stayed away from him. They didn't blame him for their daughter's shift in behavior. But they both felt that Jade would be better off dating someone who didn't look as though he crawled out of a grave without becoming a zombie! Someone who wasn't an unrelated twin of a dead man.

Later in the day, as the girls played with their baby brother, Link and Jen decided to have a talk.....

"Oh come on, Jen. Don't make a big deal out of nothing."

"Well, you didn't see the look in her eyes..... I'm telling you, she saw something at the top of those stairs. And it scared the shit out of her!" Replied Jen.

"She's always told us when she sees something. Usually to ask us if it's real or not. Like that zebra she saw that one time. Just walking down the street. Breaks my heart to tell her everytime she sees something that isn't there. But she's gotten a lot better. She takes some medication everyday, and she's normal."

"Normal?" Asked Jen.

"You know I didn't mean it like that..... Come on, this is supposed to be a happy day for all of us. You saw how happy the girls were when they got to hold their baby brother again. And Alice is fine. So she thought she saw a ghost recently. If she had seen one at the top of the stairs, she would have mentioned it again. Her medication has been working great so far. That was just an isolated incident. No need to worry. Besides, Alice made a new friend. Sam should be stopping by in a few hours. I'm sure she's a very nice girl. So stop worrying, okay?"

Alice was indeed looking forward to seeing Sam. Sam showed up at the house wearing blue jeans and a conservative-looking top. She was well-mannered and polite as she spoke with Alice's parents. After dinner, Alice took her upstairs to her room..... and shut the door.

"I think my folks like you." Said Alice, with a smile.

"They seem very nice."

"There's something I have to tell you. I don't like...... boys." Admitted Alice.

"Oh, I see. Well, what do you like?" Said Sam, as she slipped her hand down Alice's skirt.

Alice leaned down and kissed Sam on the lips. Sam gently pushed her back, onto her bed. She climbed on top of Alice, and began to undo her top.....

It was then that Sam went flying backwards and smashed into the large mirror that Alice had above her dresser! When Alice got up, she got hit in the head with a vase that flew across the room! Bleeding from the head, she staggered out of her room to get help; while Sam lay unconscious on the floor. Alice made it to the top of the stairs, before she blacked out. Jen had a feeling something was wrong. To put her at ease, Link agreed they should check on the girls. Both of them were at the bottom of the stairs when Alice got to the top of the stairs. Jen was holding her baby. Alice's parents couldn't believe what they saw next.....