00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asanre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies with alternate endings...

1,612 Views | 19 Replies

Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-04 23:18:21

I just finished watching "Training Day" with Denzel Washington. Dang...rough movie! Anyway, I have VHS version and it came with a bonus...an alternate ending!

Now when I think of alternate endings, I think of an fresh breath of air, altering the movie in another view, perhaps for the better, darker, or even comedic.

But the second ending didn't make much sense either. It just had some corrupt officials and pooh-bahs from higher-up come down on the Rookie about the pilfered dirty money.

Then I thought to myself...wouldn't it be PIMPATIONAL if all movies came with the standard alternate ending? Just think, maybe having Luke JOIN the dark side at the end of Star Wars, or Andy Dufrenge KILLING himself at the end of "The Shawshank Redmeption." Something along the lines of that...

I'd think it'd be fun. What alternate ending would you like to see and of what movie?

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-04 23:41:33

i personally don't like alternate endings. they seem to take away from the integrity of the original script. like, it makes the story more unrealistic, because in real life, there are no alternate endings... if you follow.

well, if i did have to see an alternate ending to any movie, it'd be supernova. that was a terrible ending. (the original ending was like there was this supernova, and these people were trying to stop it or something, because it would destroy the Earth in so many years, and they didn't destroy it. so i was like great, we die in 15 years, what a crappy movie).

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-04 23:45:09

The movie Clue ahs like 5 alternate endings. Great movie. You should all go see it.

Sorry, that was a shit post, I'm in a hurry, gtg do HW.

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-04 23:45:11

It'd probably be Resident Evil, where she kicks some major zombie ASS! Heheh, sorry.

Anyway, I think all flash should have alternate endings. I saw Virtual Fighting, and loved the alternate ending to it. (Its a flash on NG somewhere...) Then I checked out two, and the alternate ending was kickass as well. I'm going to make alternitive endings when my movie comes out, but until then I'm stuck hoping others will make them too.

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-04 23:47:21

I don't think it should be standard. An alternate ending is a result of the director’s conflict in choice of a fitting ending for a movie. It's not just something special put in there like bloopers or commentary. But I agree that I do enjoy alternate endings. One of my favorites was the one for "Natural Born Killers" (apparently, I'm one of the very few people out there who enjoys this movie).

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:04:14

Natural born killers, 'eh? Never saw that one, was it good? And what was the alternate ending?

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:08:34

Titanic. The ship dosn't sink.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:42:29

I have a bit of a problem with alternate endings - they just make movies seem a bit choose-your-own-adventurey. I don't *want* to pick the ending I like best - I want to see the ending!

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:46:00

I hear the up coming Jason vs. Freddy movie will have 2 endings. One with Jason winning, and the other with Freddy. This is to please both Jason and Freddy fans, but we all know that Jason kicks ass, and he should win, and THAT'S IT!

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:53:25

At 6/4/03 11:18 PM, Detesticus wrote: Now when I think of alternate endings, I think of an fresh breath of air, altering the movie in another view, perhaps for the better, darker, or even comedic.

altenate endings are USUALY made for consumor applea.. prably the msot famous one is for teminator 2

I'd think it'd be fun. What alternate ending would you like to see and of what movie?

uhm see as a filmaker the drictor its baidlky his or her movie unless well thers producer studio problems...

uhm you musta liked thoes books... if joe piks up the shoe go to the next page if he runs away go to page 105
choose your own adventoure i think they wer called

movies are One story that work out one certan way... becase its a story... i mean altenat endings might appel i men classicly stories that have been told for genratiosn and cultural stuff suualy end up changed or something|

ahg nevmind

don't be trash people

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:53:34

Pfft, screw that 70TA. Freddy is the man. If for some stupid reason Jason goes to sleep ONCE his ass is grass. Even then it seems that going to sleep isn't needed anymore (as New Nightmare says).

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 00:55:26

At 6/4/03 11:47 PM, Kazuo_Kiriyama wrote: I don't think it should be standard. An alternate ending is a result of the director’s conflict in choice of a fitting ending for a movie. It's not just something special put in there like bloopers or commentary. But I agree that I do enjoy alternate endings. One of my favorites was the one for "Natural Born Killers" (apparently, I'm one of the very few people out there who enjoys this movie).

i dont rember a NBK alternate ending... i mean in the end credits on the directes cut it shwos micky and mallory escape? uhmmm

i dont rember i havnet seen the thing in awhile...

don't be trash people

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 01:00:44

At 6/5/03 12:46 AM, 70TA wrote: I hear the up coming Jason vs. Freddy movie will have 2 endings. One with Jason winning, and the other with Freddy. This is to please both Jason and Freddy fans, but we all know that Jason kicks ass, and he should win, and THAT'S IT!

uhm no jason wins... thats that no freddy winning...

At 6/5/03 12:53 AM, zMDude wrote: Pfft, screw that 70TA. Freddy is the man. If for some stupid reason Jason goes to sleep ONCE his ass is grass.

uhm jason cant sleep as hes a zombie brought back to life by his dead mother or something...

but in the movie i belive he finds himself in freddys dream world which dont matter coz jason CANT DIE....

Even then it seems that going to sleep isn't needed anymore (as New Nightmare says).

more foolishness newnighmare takes places in a difrent reality... suposaldy our own and it was utter crap...

oh also jason x is obviously ingornd as it takes palse AFTER all this stuff...

on an intersing note this girl i kenw who i had a dream about kissing last night was firend wiht the chik who showd her hoos in jason x

don't be trash people

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 02:38:19

Terminator 2 has an alternate ending, Allpro??? REALLY, now? I haven't seen it, was it the alternate ending??

I'm actually a Terminator fan. I have read Terminator 2 the novel and it actually has one version of the ending with John Connor being some Congressman in DC trying to stop the Skynet Bill, while Sarah Connor turns grandmother.

And if you haven't, they are trying to get the dead dog to HUNT one last time with antoher sequel to the Terminator series, Terminator 3. How will they do it? By trying to make the corspe LOOK good, with a "Femme Fatale" female version of a T-800 Terminator. 'Scuse me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the next robo-baddie be an upgrade from the last technokiller which was the T-100, liquid Metal guy? Sheesh, I mean they could have even done some kind of "Matrix-Like" terminator but no...they went back to square 1, only with a female terminator. Wow...

Well, my rant is done.

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 03:11:03

The robot in the next terminator is actually like a double robot. It's like the t-800 with the liquid metal over it, and that means they ran out of ideas.

ON topic:
I have Idle Hands on dvd, and the alternate ending is actually a standard horror ending. The director decided to change it to something stupid and that's how they ended up with the car ending.

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 03:16:32

At 6/5/03 02:38 AM, Detesticus wrote: Terminator 2 has an alternate ending, Allpro??? REALLY, now? I haven't seen it, was it the alternate ending??

yeah
instead of the road ahead scene, theres a scene of sara and a grown up john in the future where everything is hunky-dory

get the DVD, it has all that cool junk

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 03:18:38

I forgot to mention that they just now released an even NEWER two disk T2 DVD

I mean come on
I already have the T2 special edition 2 disk DVD
but then they have to come out with another one
bastards

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 12:57:03

At 6/5/03 02:38 AM, Detesticus wrote: Terminator 2 has an alternate ending, Allpro??? REALLY, now? I haven't seen it, was it the alternate ending??

yeah im pritty sure its in the special tin box speci edtion or le or whtever edtion of the dvd

there were secens cut out of the film where sara has flashbacks of johns father but all that was cut out and her becoig a grandma in the park thats onfire in the begining... so its not onfire you know?

I'm actually a Terminator fan. I have read Terminator 2 the novel

oh funny you know the orginal terminator movie james camron stole from this guys book?

funny you know waht else? that tv show james made dark angle? yeah well you see that was a book too... unfortunatly to my knoledge theres noone alive in the mans family (the guy who wrote the book) to sue him somting liek that...

hummmmmmmmmmmmm

oh teminator 1 and two are good movies still and ill see the 3rd one
bllah im tired

don't be trash people

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 13:00:10

Star Wars Deluxe has an alternate ending

I like my women like I like my coffee. Expensive and on every corner.

Response to Movies with alternate endings... 2003-06-05 13:00:25

At 6/5/03 03:18 AM, thisisasignin wrote: I forgot to mention that they just now released an even NEWER two disk T2 DVD

yah special editon isnt that special...

though fightclub cameout a little backwaors the orgina dvd had extra featurs and whatnot then later tey reduced asingle disk version

uhm daw on the dead has oh say abut 10 divvernt dvd versions and another ultamate like one is coming YAY

umm evil dead? evild dead 2 and army of darkness ahve may dvd virsions
im not complaing i boutt the boomstick edtion of army of darkness weich i THINK is the newist final version... i guess...

don't be trash people