00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonWolfNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac7 - June

81,848 Views | 746 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 19:26:32

At 6/12/07 03:47 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Guys, Tom gave me this link with many more trailers and the such if you'd like to use it for reference material!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3 041

I do believe the word I'm looking for to describe what you just did is "Heroic."

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 20:00:45

now now guys. I just want you all to have everything on the same playing field. I asked so we could use it anyways. This is no joking contest and I want us all to be on the top of our game.

Makes my victory sweeter you see :)

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 20:47:46

At 6/12/07 08:00 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
Makes my victory sweeter you see :)

You = not gonna win >: (

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 22:44:17

ok well ummm i suck at making big bossy music with melodies that will hget stuck in your head.......

i'm fucked...

i bet zenon is ganna make a beastly piece!!!! i can't wait!!! ^^

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 23:35:31

At 6/12/07 10:44 PM, Father-of-Death wrote:
i bet zenon is ganna make a beastly piece!!!! i can't wait!!! ^^

I started, destroyed it, tried again, destroyed that, and tried one last time. I think I'll either destroy this one too or just stop being so fussy :P

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-12 23:36:56

I think I'll end up doing something quieter and more thoughtful.

Just a quick thought, the more variety of music that we make, the more chance we have to see someone used in the game :D

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 00:51:58

It sounds like he has a theme already according to the trailer. SRY Ruckus i ain't participatin in this one but i would love to judge XD

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 01:54:06

Rocky...

Orr's in...

prepare yourself, it's going to be one HELL OF A RIDE!

Is it wrong that i'm loving this contest THIS much?!

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 02:05:22

At 6/13/07 01:54 AM, MaestroRage wrote: Rocky...

Orr's in...

Nope, your just really happy that you can make one hell of an epic track, haha. Just wait 'till someone needs a metal track, then I'll be in your position along with Darkside!!!!! I'll still be trying for this though.

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 02:39:25

Well, I finally came up with something I found comfy. Note: I never listened to the music that Rucklo gave as examples to what feel the song should have. So, I just said "do something castle-like, Zenon" ...so I did.

I call it Castle Warfare.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 03:09:30

Orr's in...

You bet! This is a pretty big opportunity, getting a piece or two into Castle Crashers would be nice exposure!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 03:11:55

At 6/13/07 03:09 AM, DavidOrr wrote:
At 6/13/07 01:54 AM, MaestroRage wrote:
You bet! This is a pretty big opportunity, getting a piece or two into Castle Crashers would be nice exposure!

LoL, not for you. >: ( I'ma not going to accept ur entries. So you've lost already! lolololololol!

Btw. ZENON, review you'll get. Prepare for zero's! :D

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 06:38:43

At 6/13/07 03:09 AM, DavidOrr wrote: You bet! This is a pretty big opportunity, getting a piece or two into Castle Crashers would be nice exposure!

yay ur back
i thought u died or something lol jk
cant wait to hear wut u got

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God. We are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice.. We give birth to the children of God. That's what musicians are..."

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 07:48:36

I'm so in. Although I'm not sure I can come up with striking orchestrations. I have, however, come up with a techno track that has that epic feel to it, I just need to touch it up a bit, make it that little bit more grand, and then I'll put it up here. It stands at 1:04, but will probably finish up around 1:30, and It's looping quite well at the moment.

I Hope to come up with quite a few before the competition is out.

Cheers.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 08:19:19

If my thing gets into castle crashers i will probably cut my wrists from joy 8D

Best band ever, click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 09:24:34

At 6/13/07 03:11 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
At 6/13/07 03:09 AM, DavidOrr wrote:
At 6/13/07 01:54 AM, MaestroRage wrote:
LoL, not for you. >: ( I'ma not going to accept ur entries. So you've lost already! lolololololol!

:(

At 6/13/07 06:38 AM, Winterwind-NS wrote: yay ur back
i thought u died or something lol jk
cant wait to hear wut u got

Well I was never really gone, I just was focusing on other projects and haven't had as much time to focus on Newgrounds. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has been working on!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 09:34:06

At 6/12/07 01:48 PM, LJCoffee wrote: You can upload it but please only submit the link for the main loop.

There will be a lot of links to deal with and loops to listen to and it will only make what is going to be a tough job even harder. Compiling lists - Fixing errors on the lists - making sure that everyone who should be represented, is - then judging... Lots to do.

Thanks!

Okay. I was just wondering. I am not going to enter this, on the count I only have a trial version.

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 12:43:12

At 6/13/07 12:51 AM, Syntrus wrote: It sounds like he has a theme already according to the trailer. SRY Ruckus i ain't participatin in this one but i would love to judge XD

Eh, the trailer is the trailer, and the music on there is not the final stuff. The game HAVE no official audio artists to it, wich is why we can throw this show.

PM LJCoffee for judging!

Hey DavidOrr, nice to see ya! :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 12:45:31

At 6/13/07 08:19 AM, CyprusX wrote: cut my wrists

emo!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 13:28:02

At 6/12/07 03:47 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Guys, Tom gave me this link with many more trailers and the such if you'd like to use it for reference material!

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3 041

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 15:09:52

At 6/13/07 02:05 AM, speedmetalmessiah wrote:

Orr's in...

Nope, your just really happy that you can make one hell of an epic track, haha. Just wait 'till someone needs a metal track, then I'll be in your position along with Darkside!!!!! I'll still be trying for this though.

That is a part of it, but I'm also just friggen pumped that all the classical monsters are going at this! I get to compete with some of the best NG has to offer, and that good sir, is a rare occurance.

:D

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 16:26:30

So this is where I couldn't think of a lot more- Barrier is my first submission. I'll make something loopable out of it if loopability is anything the judges would care about (eh :D) 320 kbps bitrate lol

that was fun, I wanna make more

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 17:50:33

im... just a monster

...lol

music fears me haha

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God. We are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice.. We give birth to the children of God. That's what musicians are..."

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 18:18:41

---> *** IMPORTANT *** <---

If you are using samples of any kind
Make absolutely certain that you have the right to legally use them in commercial works.

This may be an issue later on in the contest - Any submission that smells of uncleared samples will be flushed away and the person who submitted the track will be disqualified from this MAC and possibly from future MACs as well.

Remember - Your submissions are for consideration by The Behemoth for potential use in a commercial release. You MUST have a proper license for any samples that are used.

CHECK YOUR EULAs !!! Not all of them are equal - You are required to have legally purchased samples and you must also have been granted a royalty free for commercial use license agreement.

If you have downloaded any samples that from any third party site (not from the original author) then delete them before you even start on your submission(s) so that there is no question of potential rights infringement.

Keep in mind that your submissions must also be created in-full on legally licensed software.

If you didn't pay for it, then you cannot legally use it.

If you're not 100% certain, then don't. We will all err on the side of caution on these issues.

I am not licensed to practice law in any state. I am not in any way legally affiliated with or claiming to represent NewGrounds,The Behemoth or any other person, business or entity. Standard long-distance rates will always apply. Financing subject to credit approval. In the case of malfunction, user assumes all liability for damages and costs incurred both real and imagined.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 18:43:00

I'm allowed to enter more than one, right? Here's my first submission:

Epic Orchestra 2

This was originally commissioned by reFX . They wanted a song to demonstrate the classical music capabilities of their Nexus plugin. It's a remix of "Epic Orchestra ", my first classical piece. I'm not sure if it's suited for battle scenes, but it might be nice for those softer moments...if they exist. lol

By the way, I had to seriously degrade the quality in order to get it under the 4 MB limit. You can find a 192 kbs version right here.
I renamed it to "Genesis", by the way. Could a nice administrator change the Newgrounds title accordingly? :-)

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 18:45:55

At 6/13/07 06:43 PM, RigAudio wrote: I'm allowed to enter more than one, right? Here's my first submission:

Epic Orchestra 2

Forgot to mention - it's almost 6 minutes long. But if you guys like what you hear, I could make a shorter version.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-13 22:51:15

At 6/13/07 03:09 PM, MaestroRage wrote: That is a part of it, but I'm also just friggen pumped that all the classical monsters are going at this!

I hope you don't include me in that category.

I get to compete with some of the best NG has to offer,

Yeah, you're definitely not referring to me as being part of that category :P

and that good sir, is a rare occurance.

'Tis.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-14 01:19:47

ooook... ive started 5 songs....

total songs completed: ZIP!!!

i'm fucked...

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-14 01:22:40

At 6/14/07 01:19 AM, Father-of-Death wrote: ooook... ive started 5 songs....

total songs completed: ZIP!!!

i'm fucked...

Breathe, you still have two months!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - June 2007-06-14 01:27:16

Guys i'm getting a vibe you all think I think you all suck or something.

This is not true. But lets be honest. WinterWind and DavidOrr, are borderline professionals. And i'm not going to try and hide that. Why should I? It's what keeps my brain burning to find the magical melody that will defeat everybody >:}