00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reel2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

748,372 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 07:58:00

I missed out on the Welcome Back offer not realising the offer ended on 3rd July (no extensions for Europe). Shit happens, I guess.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 10:51:35

Been out of the loop for a while, is Shadow of the Collosus on the store yet?
Last I heard it was a while off, but that was ages ago.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 12:39:37

At 7/4/11 03:08 PM, iateamexican wrote: Eh, picked up a 360gb with LBP2 for 250 squids
squids

I want this to be currency now.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 19:54:08

Jesus Christ, Brink is the worst game I have ever played. It's just.. I mean I had no idea what the fuck was going on from the very start. Worst of all, the storyline seems like an afterthought, which I hate.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 22:50:07

My PSN+ Should have expired two days ago. What the hell?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-08 02:47:52

At 7/5/11 10:50 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: My PSN+ Should have expired two days ago. What the hell?

who wants to play streets of rage 2...
let me know on PSN... i wanna beat this game and see how it ends.

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-08 18:41:06

I've been trying to play Demon's Souls, but I can't get into it. It just feels like a chore. I've done 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 and 2-2. Does it get much better as it goes? Not seeing much of the difficulty it's famous for either, only bit that I had trouble with was Flamelurker, and I still did him in 2 goes. Only hard on NG+ or something?

On the other hand, I've played 20 hours of Persona 4 in 2 days. Holy fuck that game is amazing. Not as good as 3, but still enough that I can lose two full days in it.

At 7/8/11 02:47 AM, Illegal-Product wrote: who wants to play streets of rage 2...
let me know on PSN... i wanna beat this game and see how it ends.

Oh shit, that has online? I thought it was just like on the Mega Drive Collection disc which only had local multiplayer (which I still played the fuck out of with my cousin anyway).

I'm DEFINITELY up for some Streets of Rage. One of my favourite games ever. Bags on Max, though.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-10 07:51:44

See if you preorder Battle Los Angels on Blu-ray you get the Resistance 3 demo early?

That's an odd one. I've seen free Blu-rays with game preorders before, but never the other way around.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-10 21:57:19

Sorry, it's been awhile since I replied here. I have a slightly different problem this time if you don't mind.

Basically, I have two PS3s. One is new, one is old, the old one is now handi-upped to my brother. No problem right? I get the new one, he gets the old working one.

Wrong. Because the original PSN/email acc set up is on the old one. Because of that, games we play online are now limited to that one PS3, the old one. Also, all of my downloaded content (paid for) is now stuck on that one.

I tried setting up a new PSN (thinking I could now have 2 MGO accounts since I had two different PS3s and perhaps two different DCUOs/my bro was using the old system, I'm nt a criminal).

However, I wanted to keep my characters on those since I worked hard on them. The problem is, as I found out recently, I cannot use the same PSN on the same PS3. I also can't use the same PSN on two activated PS3s.

I've given up on my greedy two MGO/DCUO accounts quest. Now, I just want to seperate my bro's saved games and mine forever.

Problem? My brother started playing an online game - DCUO, he made his character on my account, so now its stuck there. If I use one email, and one PS3, it's the same one he'd be using. As well as his Borderlands data, which will NOT work on another PS3 and will nto work unless it's the SAME PSN account it was made on.

Which is a problem, because we can't independently activate the same PSN on different PS3s. ON TOP OF THAT, the PS3 REFUSES any PSN that WASN'T ORIGINALLY MADE ON THAT PS3 or the SAME USER ACCOUNT OF THE PS3 ITSELF.

Son of a bitch, this is getting complicated.

Now I'm thinking about these few things:

- "Ripping out" the harddrive of the old PS3 and downloading all of it onto the new one, thus I have all my data and my bro can copy his, and since he doesn't play nearly as many PS3 games as I do (and the DCUO subscription is running out) he can copy the games he wanted. The problem is: will the games STILL WORK if I "reformat the PS3" so that it has been ENTIRELY wiped? The save files, would PSN or the PS3 still acknowledge that they were originally SAVED using one particular PSN account?

Borderlands seemed to have problem with this.
- Wiping both PS3s. We both give up on our video game careers.

- Transferring data between them, trying to activate them on our PSN accounts.

For instance, old acc is A, new acc is B.

I take MK9 data originally on A and put it on B, but B will not recognize it because it was made on A. Will the data work if I remove A from existence? This is the problem with infusing online media with games IMO, if this were old PS2 or Xbox, I could simply take data from one system and put it on another, but because games like MK9, Scott Pilgrim, DCUO, L.A Noire, and Borderlands are so online content-influenced, it is unfortunately practical to NOT allow the player to transfer data even in the event of a screw up like this.

Personal resentment aside, can anyone assist me here?

I would punch him in the face.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-11 05:51:33

2000 trophies! Also, got to level 20 on Borderlands in about an hour last night thanks to Grunt. Should really start playing it properly now. Played for about half an hour when I got it and just left it.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-11 10:40:36

I have a spare code for Alice: Madness Returns if anyone bought it second hand and wants the American McGee's Alice download for free.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-14 18:10:31

I'm playing Demon's soul for the first time and i am having trouble on the game i mean i'm enjoying the hell out of it but i'm finding it difficult as hell (to be expected though) but has anyone got any advice in the game? i've only managed to kill Phalanx and the Tower Knight boss but thats it so far i'm just getting my ass kicked on other levels i go to

Anyone got any advice or recommended classes?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-14 18:25:47

At 7/14/11 06:10 PM, darknessthehedgehog wrote: I'm playing Demon's soul for the first time and i am having trouble on the game i mean i'm enjoying the hell out of it but i'm finding it difficult as hell (to be expected though) but has anyone got any advice in the game? i've only managed to kill Phalanx and the Tower Knight boss but thats it so far i'm just getting my ass kicked on other levels i go to

Anyone got any advice or recommended classes?

I also started my first play through recently, and streamrolled everything up to Flamelurker, who took me 2 tries.

I'm playing royal and just spamming the starting magic attack at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-14 18:39:43

I also started my first play through recently, and streamrolled everything up to Flamelurker, who took me 2 tries.

I'm playing royal and just spamming the starting magic attack at everything.

I see i'm a Temple Knight right now but i might make a second save and try out the Royalty class later

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-14 19:34:55

Also can anyone tell me how the world tendancy works? how do you differ it from black tendancy to white tendancy? and which is worth being tilted to? and how do you tell which tendancy you're leaning towards?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 05:44:23

Enjoying my free Castle Crashers. I almost feel sorry for all the saps that actually coughed up £11 for it. Also, if you have Medal of Honor let me know as I need the fire controller trophy, it's a pain in the arse to get.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 06:43:34

Hey has anyone got the back to the future games and are they actually good? I was thinking about getting it since it's only 10 bucks for playstation plus users.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 08:39:49

At 7/15/11 06:43 AM, Klik wrote: Hey has anyone got the back to the future games and are they actually good? I was thinking about getting it since it's only 10 bucks for playstation plus users.

Piss easy, but worth playing if you're a Back to the Future fan. Certainly not as good as Telltale's Sam and Max games.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 08:48:26

At 7/15/11 08:39 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/15/11 06:43 AM, Klik wrote: Hey has anyone got the back to the future games and are they actually good? I was thinking about getting it since it's only 10 bucks for playstation plus users.
Piss easy, but worth playing if you're a Back to the Future fan. Certainly not as good as Telltale's Sam and Max games.

That isn't easy to beat, especially The Devil's Playhouse. I'm hoping once we're in the middle of getting the Jurassic Park episodes there'll be some word on the fourth season of Sam & Max. I've got BTTF on Steam and I really want to give it a shot.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 08:52:06

At 7/14/11 06:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm playing royal and just spamming the starting magic attack at everything.

That's probably why you're finding it so easy.

Magic makes Demon's Souls much, much easier. I never use it though, because melee is more fun and it's harder.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 17:29:35

At 7/15/11 08:52 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 7/14/11 06:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm playing royal and just spamming the starting magic attack at everything.
That's probably why you're finding it so easy.

Magic makes Demon's Souls much, much easier. I never use it though, because melee is more fun and it's harder.

Yeah, starting as Royal is basically easy mode.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 18:42:02

As soon as my PSN+ expires, Castle Crashers appears on the store, entirely free for PSN+ users!

Balls.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 18:45:07

The uncharted 3 beta is over. It's a shame, I liked it so.....

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-15 19:20:45

At 7/15/11 06:45 PM, sweet21 wrote: The uncharted 3 beta is over. It's a shame, I liked it so.....

I only got to play it for two days, thanks to my PS3 getting the yellow light.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-17 10:03:41

Tried playing Castle Crashers with my 10 year old cousin.

Possibly the most frustrating experience of my life. Having him try to revive me, and then fail, right in the middle of combat, over and over again made me want to kill him.

Probably won't play much of it, already finished it with my brother on 360.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-17 15:10:21

I downloaded the newest Borderlands DLC, and for some unknown reason doing so has wiped the DLC I already had (All of it) from my PS3. Anybody know how the hell I can get it back without paying for it AGAIN?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-20 21:13:04

At 7/17/11 10:03 AM, TheMaster wrote: Tried playing Castle Crashers with my 10 year old cousin.

Possibly the most frustrating experience of my life. Having him try to revive me, and then fail, right in the middle of combat, over and over again made me want to kill him.

LOL, my cousins are cannon fodder when it comes to games as well. I try my best to give them a fair chance, but then I get bored and just flatten them. Trying to play as a team with them is just asking for trouble.

Much better to play competitive, be really half arsed, and then dash their hopes right at the end. They might be kids, but I sure as hell won't let them win. Ever.

Got DiRT 3 yesterday. Huge fun, always enjoyed Codies' rally games. Much more cars this time, including some of the real greats. First time that Colins' name isn't on it though :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-20 21:40:47

At 7/20/11 09:13 PM, Quinny wrote: LOL, my cousins are cannon fodder when it comes to games as well. I try my best to give them a fair chance, but then I get bored and just flatten them. Trying to play as a team with them is just asking for trouble.

Much better to play competitive, be really half arsed, and then dash their hopes right at the end. They might be kids, but I sure as hell won't let them win. Ever.

But see, he's fine in Golden Axe or Streets of Rage, so I can't fathom why he couldn't get Castle Crashers. It's the same shit.

We do play more competitive than co-op, though, usually Crash Team Racing (which he can hold his own in), or Star Wars Battlefront 2 (where I stomp him).

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-21 17:16:41

So PSN is finally back up for South America, so I can change my password and go online now. However, I must update my system again first, and it is taking FOREVER. I hate my internet.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-21 18:52:18

This is bullshit.
If it stays downloading the update for about half an hour, a server error occurs and IT HAS TO START OVER AGAIN.
Can anyone help me?