00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craigfarndell just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

748,464 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-14 21:16:05

At 6/14/11 09:11 PM, Peony wrote: - Backup Utility - backing up saved data on the hard disk to storage media, and restoring backups (not sure this will help yet, or how it will apply. I've never removed the harddrives of either system, so that part's pretty vague for me as well)

This is the one I was talking about. You just run that, it backs up everything to a removable harddrive, and then you run it again and choose to restore the backup when the new harddrive is in, or in your case just restore onto the new PS3.

- Data Transfer Utility ... amazing that I missed this when I was looking through it.

But I didn't know this existed, and looking here, it seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-14 21:43:46

At 6/14/11 09:16 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/14/11 09:11 PM, Peony wrote: - Backup Utility - backing up saved data on the hard disk to storage media, and restoring backups (not sure this will help yet, or how it will apply. I've never removed the harddrives of either system, so that part's pretty vague for me as well)
This is the one I was talking about. You just run that, it backs up everything to a removable harddrive, and then you run it again and choose to restore the backup when the new harddrive is in, or in your case just restore onto the new PS3.

- Data Transfer Utility ... amazing that I missed this when I was looking through it.
But I didn't know this existed, and looking here, it seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

I'll give it a look tomorrow, and thank you, this means a lot.

I'll backup the data, transfer it (it will thus be deleted), and then I'll restore the backed up data on the new PS3. I really hope this works!

I would punch him in the face.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-15 16:45:09

Reading the posts above, I'm reminded how much I miss memory cards.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-16 05:22:17

At 6/15/11 04:45 PM, Dromedary wrote: Reading the posts above, I'm reminded how much I miss memory cards.

Why? Two of my memory cards broke back then, taking some very nice saved games with them. A hard drive never failed on me so far.

Also, I really should continue downloading my free games from the welcome back package... :O

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-18 15:57:56

At 6/16/11 05:22 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/15/11 04:45 PM, Dromedary wrote: Reading the posts above, I'm reminded how much I miss memory cards.
Why?

Because I liked taking them round a friends house for bragging rights, of course!

Also, I really should continue downloading my free games from the welcome back package... :O

Got mine today, took about six hours to download the Ratchet and Clank one. Taking advantage of the free Playstation plus membership, I got Burnout paradise (Meh, Motorbikes are good on it, but it lacks depth) and Streets of Rage 2 (Nostalgia) for free yesterday.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-24 04:07:18

So, for some unknown reason, my PS3 refuses to connect to the internet. Every time I try to download 3.66, it gives me an error. Now, when I go into Network settings and scan for a network, it finds my home's network. But it won't connect, it keeps saying that it fails to obtain an IP address. Anyone here know how I can fix this?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-24 15:07:08

Never mind, I guess the router's antennas were closed up and I couldn't get a good enough connection. I feel stupid now.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-27 05:38:05

Got about 1.4M XP on Killzone 3 this weekend, that should give me a boost in the rankings as I havn't played for a little while.

New maps are nice, but the missile base is my favourite as I can cut down noobs for fun. Nearly got 70 kills in one game, the rest of my team and the other side couldn't even manage half that. Amateurs.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-27 09:24:51

Played through inFamous. Extremely average. A solid 5/10.

Second game any better, or just more of the same?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-27 17:04:23

At 6/27/11 09:24 AM, TheMaster wrote: Played through inFamous. Extremely average. A solid 5/10.

Thank the goodness I'm not the only one who just couldn't get into that game. I guess I shouldn't be happy you didn't like the game but sometimes I try to push myself through games in the hopes that I'll like them and I just can't. InFAMOUS is one of those games.

Anyway, I downloaded Dead Head Fred for the PSP the other day and it's actually pretty good. I haven't been into mobile gaming since the Game Boy Color but I keep it in my car for when I'm waiting to pick up a friend or something and just want some quick progression. I think it's one of those hidden gems and I would recommend some of you guys check it out.

Here is the into + some gameplay

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-27 17:45:41

At 6/27/11 05:04 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Thank the goodness I'm not the only one who just couldn't get into that game. I guess I shouldn't be happy you didn't like the game but sometimes I try to push myself through games in the hopes that I'll like them and I just can't. InFAMOUS is one of those games.

Almost all exclusive games end up horribly overrated, this is no exception. I guarantee it wouldn't be so highly regarded if it were multiplatform.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-29 01:21:03

At 6/27/11 05:45 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/27/11 05:04 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Thank the goodness I'm not the only one who just couldn't get into that game. I guess I shouldn't be happy you didn't like the game but sometimes I try to push myself through games in the hopes that I'll like them and I just can't. InFAMOUS is one of those games.
Almost all exclusive games end up horribly overrated, this is no exception. I guarantee it wouldn't be so highly regarded if it were multiplatform.

Yeah, though both inFamous and Prototype had their own unique flaws, I think I ended up enjoying Prototype more. inFamous was very mechanically sound, which probably had a lot to do with it scoring better, but it just lacked anything special. Being a superhero shouldn't degrade into just a competent third-person shooter.

Also, I've been fairly disappointed by LBP2. The charm of the original game is lost upon me and the story levels (almost at the end) haven't been better than kinda fun sometimes. I don't see myself getting into the creation side, so hopefully the community has done better than Media Molecule.

Next up is Alice Madness Returns, which I expect to thoroughly enjoy based on what I've gathered from others. I don't think I've ever felt as disenchanted with reviewers as now.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-29 05:09:39

Got the Tomb Raider trilogy. Playing through Underworld first. Controls are a pain in the arse. Easy enough trophies though.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-29 10:29:42

At 6/29/11 05:09 AM, Quinny wrote: Got the Tomb Raider trilogy. Playing through Underworld first. Controls are a pain in the arse. Easy enough trophies though.

I really enjoyed Underworld. Puzzles and platforming were good. Combat was pretty automated, but it did it's job.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-29 16:27:10

Just got a Lovefilm games package, no late fees are a wonderful fee.

Also, anybody got Skyrim? I've been told it's incredible.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-29 18:15:12

At 6/29/11 04:27 PM, Dromedary wrote: Also, anybody got Skyrim? I've been told it's incredible.

Disregard this, I thought it was out. And I meant to say "It looks incredible."

Jeez

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-30 15:58:30

At 6/29/11 01:21 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Next up is Alice Madness Returns, which I expect to thoroughly enjoy based on what I've gathered from others. I don't think I've ever felt as disenchanted with reviewers as now.

I think is might be my next game as well. I love platformer games and it looks right up my ally. There have been mixed emotions on it but after watching a lot of hand on experiences with it I think the main problems I can live with and really enjoy the game. Not to mention you get the original Alice game as a bonus so that's pretty cool. I think I might wait for it to go down in price a little though.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-30 16:45:59

Hey guys my PS3 is running out of room on its hard drive once again. It was one of the older ones that didn't have a whole lot of space to begin with. I know you can put some of the files on a USB stick but that isn't a whole lot of help either. Any help would be amazing.

sorry I forgot the log in to my main. :(

Eternal bliss

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-06-30 16:55:18

At 6/30/11 04:45 PM, Star365 wrote: Hey guys my PS3 is running out of room on its hard drive once again. It was one of the older ones that didn't have a whole lot of space to begin with. I know you can put some of the files on a USB stick but that isn't a whole lot of help either. Any help would be amazing.

sorry I forgot the log in to my main. :(

Just put a bigger harddrive in. You're looking at less than £50 for a 500GB one, and if you're that desperate for space spend the extra cash and get a 1TB one.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-01 21:04:04

At 6/27/11 09:24 AM, TheMaster wrote: Played through inFamous. Extremely average. A solid 5/10.

whaaat, i guess infamous has it's glitches, and near the end is extremely hard, but 5/10, i'd give it a 8.5/10
Also infamous 2 is better, the graphics are pretty much the same, but they were great anyway, it has new awesome moves, more people with powers, i think the second one is better, just look up IGN's review and that tells you pretty much everything, i havn't even finished the first one yet though :/

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-01 21:06:43

Also i am pretty pissed of with Infamous at the part where Zeke tries to blow up the city and then the keller dude or whatever his name is tels him he can fix it then he gives it oo him, UGH i got sooo pissed off at the game then, felt like quitting. The mission after killing Alden is impossible as well.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-02 19:01:00

What didn't you like abut it?

Story-wise, the pacing is pretty bad; it feels really rushed at some points, but it's still very good. Gameplay-wise, it builds upon the first game very well, and makes you feel a lot more powerful. It looks a lot better than the first one as well.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-02 20:25:54

At 7/2/11 07:01 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
What didn't you like abut it?

Nothing really, it was just a dull, run of the mill third person shooter. Perfectly playable, but uninspired and utterly lacking any sort of charm or character. Sandbox isn't good enough to be fun to dick about in, combat isn't tight enough to make the missions exciting.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 02:57:02

ID: big-ant59
games: uncharted 2, killzone 2, infamous, outland, fancy apnts adventures, megaman 9 & 10, Marvel vs capcom 3, braid, dead nation, wipeout HD, a bunch of PS minis and classics including me regretting ever purchasing young thor :|
So what do you guys think about beyond good and evil HD?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 08:46:39

So I'm thinking about finally picking up a new PS3 since my old one YLoD'd on me a while back and I never really had the money or effort to look into getting a new one. Is it worth getting the 160gb model for ~30 quid less over the 320gb? Does the space make that much difference?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 10:40:27

At 7/4/11 08:46 AM, iateamexican wrote: So I'm thinking about finally picking up a new PS3 since my old one YLoD'd on me a while back and I never really had the money or effort to look into getting a new one. Is it worth getting the 160gb model for ~30 quid less over the 320gb? Does the space make that much difference?

If you're just using it for games, you'll get away with 160GB. If you're storing TV shows and shit on there too, you might want even more than the 320GB. I've filled about 400GB of my 500GB drive.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 14:51:19

At 7/4/11 08:46 AM, iateamexican wrote: So I'm thinking about finally picking up a new PS3 since my old one YLoD'd on me a while back and I never really had the money or effort to look into getting a new one. Is it worth getting the 160gb model for ~30 quid less over the 320gb? Does the space make that much difference?

If you just want games (disk based mostly) get the 160GB, but if you want the "download life" and just download games and movies and such, get a 320GB.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 15:08:48

Eh, picked up a 360gb with LBP2 for 250 squids, not bad.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-04 15:20:29

At 7/4/11 03:08 PM, iateamexican wrote: Eh, picked up a 360gb with LBP2 for 250 squids, not bad.

yaaaaaaay! I liked the demo. I want the full game man :(

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2011-07-05 07:05:27

YLOD. :(

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature