00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bridgham just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

758,320 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-08 23:36:01

Hazza! 500 pages!

Now back to business. I'm going to be spending a ludicrous amount of money on The Beatles Rock Band tomorrow, only because it'll be my first Rock Band drums and guitar for the PS3.

Also so I can rub it in my friends faces.

I just hope I can transfer the songs over to Rock Band or Rock Band 2, since I'll be able to pick that up for cheap.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 02:13:12

I don't get it...

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 02:40:06

At 9/9/09 12:33 AM, Hycran wrote: >buy
>rock band: the beatles

My order shipped out yesterday, so I'll get it tomorrow. I probably won't play it at all though. I'm only awake at this point because I just finished my homework. Tomorrow will be similarly strenuous. I think I just about made my physics teacher cry today. Serves him right for being utterly useless.

That is all.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 02:55:27

I haven't played a console game in months, and the only real thing that keeps me excited is Heavy Rain and maybe Uncharted 2.

I'm growing finally :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 06:03:27

At 9/8/09 06:07 PM, PolishMatt wrote: Lol, so Firefox is taking up a good 300MB if you let it run for a good hour and allow it's memory leakage bug to continue to advance.

uh huh, I know about that, I really don't care, I just restart it and close several tabs if it slows down.

iTunes is another 150MB at the most if you're actually doing anything in it,

well yea...listening to music/podcasts obviously, pretty much 70/80% of my time on the computer is spent listening to music.

50MB for spotify and I'll be lenient and say that game is not taking up no more than a 1 or 1.5GBs.

I'll just say that I rarely actually use Spotify, only when I'm bored of my itunes library, which has happened like...once so far.

Predicting you don't know any better and use Vista

No...I have Vista 64bit because thats what my dad's friend decided I would need, seeing as every new PC game now 'requires' it, if I could have stuck with XP I would, but now I dont mind it, it hasn't done anything stupid since like..March.

you be only using 3GB while still having 5GB to fuck around with.

yus

You obviously have never overclocked because you're still 2.1GHz and still on a stock HS+fan.

True, newbie here.

Every motherboard for the last two decades has a auto shut-off feature enabled in the BIOS that prevents the processor and every other major chipset on the board from surpassing a certain temperature threshold so it wouldn't fry.

ah I didn't know that.

If you want your computer to run better, still a fork in your vagina.

Why insult me? I didn't know what the fuck it was, I'm still learning ffs.

I don't even recall asking for help on how to make it run faster, it works perfectly, you just asked for my specs and went off on one.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 07:44:07

At 9/8/09 11:36 PM, TheThing wrote: I just hope I can transfer the songs over to Rock Band or Rock Band 2, since I'll be able to pick that up for cheap.

You can't, and you can't play Rock Band/Rock Band 2 DLC in Beatles either.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 12:17:19

Posting on a 500th page in a thread on some website that in 100 years time nobody will give a shit about.

So, seeing as OPM and Top Gear mag loved DIRT 2 I'm getting it on Friday. It'll do until I get GT5 I guess :P Also, I'm going on holiday for two weeks on Monday. A whole 14 days without Killzone or getting to play stuff with you horrible lot. Hopefully I'll be able to cope and hopefully won't be crap at everything when I get back.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 13:00:38

At 9/9/09 11:30 AM, Hycran wrote: I've actually found that my physics teachers over the years have been both the most completely useful as well as completely useless. I expected to get more of a range in english teachers, seeing as most of them are experiemental drug users, but i guess most of them took opiates along with their ecstasy.

Well, the only reasons to teach physics are because you like teaching or because you're too incompetent to get a higher paying job. My physics teacher from the last two years, who was really good, decided to get one of those jobs. We got some dickhead whose knowledge of physics is questionable to replace him. We would really be better off teaching ourselves.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 13:33:12

At 9/9/09 01:00 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Well, the only reasons to teach physics are because you like teaching or because you're too incompetent to get a higher paying job. My physics teacher from the last two years, who was really good, decided to get one of those jobs. We got some dickhead whose knowledge of physics is questionable to replace him. We would really be better off teaching ourselves.

My physics teacher at college started teaching because he got sick of his old job. It was with the ministry of defence, and he's still not allowed to talk about it. Clearly invented time travel or a Death Star or something.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 15:46:13

Yay, 500 pages. :D

At 9/8/09 07:09 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 9/8/09 03:44 PM, IrishGun wrote: YOU GAY COUSIN >:C
<insert insult here>

YOU GAYER COUSIN

I shot lawwwmaen and then took cover.

ummm k

ab=09jsbds

Also, 2 things.
1. I believe it's World of Whores :3
that sounds much better :3

yes cousin :3

2. Cock of Dicksucker Faggot Modern Shitfest >:C
COCK OF DOODY 4 : MODERN GAYFUCKSTUPID

AT LEAST I BOTHERED WITH THE 4, FAGGOT

At 9/8/09 11:38 AM, TehreTard wrote: To Irish and that other guy complaining about how "hard" CoJ is on Very Hard...
What. The. Fuck.

NOBODY ASKED YOU >:C

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:13:28

Mods = fags

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:19:32

Bugger me sideways Borderlands looks the tits, I really can't wait for it.

gaaaaaaaaaah.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:29:40

At 9/9/09 04:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: Mods = fags

Why do you say this? Or is this to entice the penis mods that lurk this thread?

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:31:47

K so my PSP broke ( Completely )

And this other woman is STILL wanting to buy it for $130 while I wire her the leftover money.

UMD drive popped out on one side.
1 of four metal claws on the inside of UMD drive is bent out and makes discs unreadable.
Battery fried and won't work.
Scratched all on the PSP ( except screen )

of course this can all be repaired for like $40. I don't feel right selling it to her but she clearly knows it's in this condition. Ah well.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:34:54

Eurgh, I suck at BF1943 now and playing Rock Band by yourself becomes tedious. Now I'm bored and currently willing to trade some PSN games. I have BF1943, Linger in Shadows, and MGS.

Any takers?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:35:13

I hate it when you go to play a game, but then you suddenly decide you can't be arsed to for some reason.

Felt like playing Killzone 2 earlier, ended up watching Top Gear on BBC iPlayer instead.

-----

apparently, today was the final day of induction at college. at least today seemed to go faster, probably because I didn't have to fill out any forms, or listen to some old tosser babble on about some crap for half an hour.

ended up going to this thing called a Freshers Fair instead where people gave you free pens and keyrings, tried to force you into becoming a Christian, tell you about how people are affected by child abuse, and how strawberry flavoured condoms are the best thing ever. after that we ended up having to copy and paste some crap from the internet into a MS Word document, and then use that info to make a Powerpoint presentation.

at least the proper work starts tomorrow anyway, I got Mondays and Wednesdays off so that's cool.

totally related to PS3 btw

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:35:42

At 9/9/09 04:34 PM, TehreTard wrote: Eurgh, I suck at BF1943 now and playing Rock Band by yourself becomes tedious.

Accept the invite faggot.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:43:55

At 9/9/09 04:35 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/9/09 04:34 PM, TehreTard wrote: Eurgh, I suck at BF1943 now and playing Rock Band by yourself becomes tedious.

Could I join?

First day of High School wasn't that bad. Lots of work I am expecting.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/10 /ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-breast-shaking-unv eiled/

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/09 /ps3-powers-cinemas/

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:47:16

At 9/9/09 04:35 PM, ShadowWest wrote: I hate it when you go to play a game, but then you suddenly decide you can't be arsed to for some reason.

urgh I get that too, it's annoying, I've been really fucking wanting to play FFX and Okami, but I either forget or can't be arsed, shitsux.

tried to force you into becoming a Christian,

bastards

tell you about how people are affected by child abuse,

as if the adverts on tv aren't enough

and how strawberry flavoured condoms are the best thing ever.

lmao, interesting stuff.

after that we ended up having to copy and paste some crap from the internet into a MS Word document, and then use that info to make a Powerpoint presentation.

We had to do a Powerpoint presentation too, it was piss easy, it just had to be about ourselves and our tutor let us go home an hour and a half early after it was done XD

at least the proper work starts tomorrow anyway, I got Mondays and Wednesdays off so that's cool.

same I think, also I have half days on tuesday and thursday and I have wednesday off =)

college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> school
Borderlands. Gimmie.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:54:16

At 9/9/09 04:43 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 9/9/09 04:35 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Could I join?

First day of High School wasn't that bad. Lots of work I am expecting.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/10 /ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-breast-shaking-unv eiled/

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/09 /ps3-powers-cinemas/

You're just starting High School, wow. I never really took the time to look at your profile. I figured you were around 15 or 16 so I wasn't too far off.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:54:32

Oh wow, just checked Rock Band leaderboards for the first time, and I'm pretty highly ranked in a few songs. About 30th in a few less popular ones, and I'm 101st in Wonderwall and 99th in Don't Look Back In Anger.

I would have expected mine to be like 2000+. They're not even FCs.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 16:58:54

At 9/9/09 04:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
You're just starting High School, wow. I never really took the time to look at your profile. I figured you were around 15 or 16 so I wasn't too far off.

I haven't touched my profile in years.

I'm 14.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:07:47

At 9/9/09 04:58 PM, scetch00 wrote: I'm 14.

Jeez. Well at least you don't have any real big responsibilities right now. You can just go to school and then come home and play games.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:13:57

PSN is hopeless. Wouldn't let me and TehreTard play Rock Band.

Xbox 4 lyf.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:16:53

At 9/9/09 05:07 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 9/9/09 04:58 PM, scetch00 wrote: I'm 14.
Jeez. Well at least you don't have any real big responsibilities right now. You can just go to school and then come home and play games.

Pretty much but I don't seem to enjoy games right now.

I have to sleep at 11 PM. Wake up at 6 AM. Leave by 7 AM to get to school before 8 AM. Then get through the day with all the work and inevitably struggle through.

And repeat x4 years.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:17:01

At 9/9/09 04:43 PM, scetch00 wrote: First day of High School wasn't that bad. Lots of work I am expecting.

Lucky you. I had no school, not enrolled yet. I was disappointed, since I like the school already. Besides, just 1 more year and I'm out.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:18:43

I don't start university until October 11th.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:20:59

At 9/9/09 05:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: Xbox 4 lyf.

^^^^^^^^^^

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:23:57

At 9/9/09 05:20 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 9/9/09 05:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: Xbox 4 lyf.
^^^^^^^^^^

I haven't played my 360 in months. Ordered a microsoft points card today to get that new Mass Effect DLC, though, so I'll do another play through of that and set up a save with all the choices I want to carry over to Mass Effect 2 on it (sex with Liara, Kaidan dies, let council die).

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-09-09 17:27:03

At 9/9/09 05:23 PM, TheMaster wrote: I haven't played my 360 in months. Ordered a microsoft points card today to get that new Mass Effect DLC, though, so I'll do another play through of that and set up a save with all the choices I want to carry over to Mass Effect 2 on it (sex with Liara, Kaidan dies, let council die).

Mass Effect 2 looks great. You should download Shadow Complex. That's all I have been really playing lately and it is so good.

As for the PS3 I just came back from not playing it for months. I haven't really played any new games yet which is why I don't post much about actual gaming in this thread. Once October hits I'll be sure to change that.