00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

759,775 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-04 15:13:45

If you want to go cheap, get either Everyday Shooter (rated as one of the top downloadable games on any system), or Super Stardust HD. Both play the same (left thumbstick moves, right shoots), but Everyday Shooter is more of a classic experience, like Robotron; simple yet trippy graphics, and an insane difficulty level.

I might Get SSHD........But Yeh Thanks Very Much!...

WHOS LOOKING FORWARD TO COD5 WAW!!!!!!

I AM!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-04 18:06:41

I have to say I'm impressed, I liked the first Mercs game but it was a bit boring after a while (like GTAIV), but I look the look of Mercs 2, especially the fact that you can choose how to blow up everything up.
The hijacking minigames looks pretty good, though I think they may get repetitive after stealing your 300th jeep.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-04 22:34:00

Wow, Mercs 2's missions actually look fun unlike that other open-world game that came out this year. Also, is there anything preventing me from playing the overkill guy covertly? I noticed he had the grappling hook, so I was wondering if there's an advantage to playing the character by their label.

I think someone blew their hand off near my house. I got home and was greeted by some really loud succession of screams about a block away.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 01:07:55

Qore Episode 2 impressions:

Resistance 2
It had the most stuff shown, though no new footage was shown. It was nice to see the game running on my tv. Gametrailers TV, Xplay, and online sites really don't do videogame footage justice. The game looks pretty sweet. It came with a Resistance 2 theme as well. It's nothing special, but I'm using it just because most of you guys can't.

Silent Hill 5
This was the other title with a good deal of stuff shown. It looks like Silent Hill. Lots of deformed looking things trying to kill you. I'm not sure if I'll get this one or not. I'm always scared shitless when I try playing a survival horror game.

Madden
I was a little bit pissed about this. They really didn't show anything. They showed the same stuff you've seen in trailers and divulged no information aside from Madden will be awesome this year.

Naruto PS3 game
I really liked one of the guys they talked to. It was some Asian guy with a lisp and he made me feel cozy. The game looks pretty. After playing the exclusive demo, it's not worth a buy. The combat is descent but I've never known an anime game to be so stocked full of content that it warrants a full purchase. I might rent if I come across it, but I'm not going out of my way to find it.

A pretty weak episode in my opinion. The one thing I really want to see is Killzone 2 Qore. Like I said, other outlets don't visually do videogames justice. I want to see that visual masterpiece running on my tv.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 08:09:33

Hey guys, never been to the C&C forums before. I own most online PS3 games, but I'm currently playing MGO mostly, and perhaps some TF2 for good measure.

ID: Scibere

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 11:04:59

At 7/5/08 10:40 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: http://kotaku.com/5022191/burnout-paradi se-to-introduce-planes

HOLYFUCKHSHSRNHJDGJDSJSDNHJSHSHSJIZZ

holy shitfuck

I think I just excreted some rather unsavoury fluids onto my carpet.

that fucking does it, fuck Rachet and Clank, I'm sending that back and getting Burnout in my rental list.

I cant afford the full game lol

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 11:54:12

ARGHARGHARHGARHGAHARGHARGH.

My SIXAXIS is fucked. The left stick doesn't move right. I'm getting a Dualshock in a few days.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 12:26:05

I want a DS3 -_-

fucking work experience, why cant we get paid dammit!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 12:31:03

I'm not getting a DualShock 3 yet. I've no need for one. I've got about £70 spare, but I'm considering saving up for Rock Band, whenever the fuck that's coming out over here.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 12:41:46

At 7/5/08 12:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm not getting a DualShock 3 yet. I've no need for one. I've got about £70 spare, but I'm considering saving up for Rock Band, whenever the fuck that's coming out over here.

don't buy it from the UK, import it from the US (ebay.com), your wallet will thank you.

BFS, it's two weeks, and who cares? I'm working 8 hours a day for 2 weeks, doing the same as anyone else who works there would, but I can't get paid, it sucks.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 12:47:13

At 7/5/08 12:41 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: don't buy it from the UK, import it from the US (ebay.com), your wallet will thank you.

Aye, but what about DLC? Will that all still work?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 14:27:55

At 7/5/08 12:46 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 7/5/08 12:41 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: BFS, it's two weeks, and who cares? I'm working 8 hours a day for 2 weeks, doing the same as anyone else who works there would, but I can't get paid, it sucks.
The reward is the experience.

You sound like my tutor, besides, why would you want the reward to be the fact that you are working in the real world?

The DLC will only work if you get it from the US PSN, if you dont have an account on there then I can tell you how to make one if you like.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 15:06:48

At 7/5/08 02:27 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: if you dont have an account on there then I can tell you how to make one if you like.

Aye, if you don't mind.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 15:10:27

At 7/5/08 03:06 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/5/08 02:27 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: if you dont have an account on there then I can tell you how to make one if you like.
Aye, if you don't mind.

sure thing, it's pretty simple actually, all you need to do is create a new account, and sign up for PSN, set your country of residence to the US, and go on google earth (download it if you havnt, it's very useful at times) , mooch on over to the US and look for landmarks (hotels are usually good), get the address and input that into the form.

and you should be sorted, if I missed anything let me know, I havnt seen the sign up screen for a while.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 16:30:49

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 16:41:17

At 7/5/08 04:30 PM, TehreTard wrote: Herro my name is Helman Ri. Teach you how to be coor lright me.

I guess you dont like dragonforce

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 18:58:34

At 7/5/08 04:41 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 7/5/08 04:30 PM, TehreTard wrote: Herro my name is Helman Ri. Teach you how to be coor lright me.

Fuck him then. >:(

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-05 20:14:04

At 7/5/08 04:41 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:

You mean "StudioForce", right?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-06 05:01:27

lulz

I already know that they suck monkey balls live, I don't listen to them anymore, I did when I was 13, now I like Parkway Drive and All That Remains, so BLAH.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-06 12:53:00

Anyone tried to DBZ or bought the game?
I really liked the demo.
Would wana know anyone's opinion on the game and if it's worth a purchase :).

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-06 16:40:48

Nope sorry, I don't like Dragonball Z at all

well, I did when I was 9

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:28:46

HAI GUYS WHAT'S UP?

PS3's online lounge

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:30:40

And since I know none of you trust me...

PS3's online lounge

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:40:21

At 7/7/08 12:30 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: And since I know none of you trust me...

Asshole.

Also, are you allowed to use the stealth camo or the bandanna when you're going for the BBE?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:45:27

At 7/7/08 12:40 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Also, are you allowed to use the stealth camo or the bandanna when you're going for the BBE?

No. They're the "Special Items" bit.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:46:30

At 7/7/08 12:45 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/7/08 12:40 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Also, are you allowed to use the stealth camo or the bandanna when you're going for the BBE?
No. They're the "Special Items" bit.

I was wondering what that was.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:51:24

At 7/7/08 12:30 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: And since I know none of you trust me...

You have a very white thumb, and small.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:55:17

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you can't use any special items. Besides, you're not really big boss if you use those things. Ammo was never a worry anyways. You really don't need tranqs outside of act 3, the Crying Wolf fight, and act 5. I think I used three tranqs in act 1 at the very end. I used a couple of clips of the screaming emotion ammo in act 2, and a descent amount in act 3, but not too many. Most of my tranqs went away in the crying wolf fight. I think I had about 25 at the end of it. The fight took me longer than it should have so I had to tranq the frogs twice in my area, but I didn't want to go back and do the whole thing over again. Then I used about 10 in act 5.

I ended up finishing with 15 or so tranqs, 20 or so screaming emotion tranqs, full other emotion tranqs, and 45 mosin-nagant tranqs and full mosin nagant emotion tranqs. I never used the v-ring rounds. It really wasn't that bad. There were a few points at which I got stuck: The very beginning of act 2, the bike chase in act 3, and the crying wolf fight (I kept having trouble finding her). Vamp was easy with the solar gun, and the metal gear fight was easy if you just use a combination of machine gun and kicking. The other parts weren't bad at all.

A tip to anyone who goes for Big Boss, check your kills in the act 2 briefing (from the missions briefings menu) after the Laughing Octopus fight. I somehow got 1 kill during the fight. I think I probably shot one of her exploding balls and killed a frog in the process. I had to go through the rest of act 2 to find out that I had to restart back there. It wasn't bad though. Everything after the very first area in act 2 is easy.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 12:58:05

At 7/7/08 12:51 PM, Mr-Furball wrote: You have a very white thumb, and small.

I cut out one of the bones so my thumbs could more comfortably reach the analogue sticks on the Dualshock.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2008-07-07 13:57:30

At 7/7/08 12:58 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 7/7/08 12:51 PM, Mr-Furball wrote: You have a very white thumb, and small.
I cut out one of the bones so my thumbs could more comfortably reach the analogue sticks on the Dualshock.

Haha ! :D
I wub u.