00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TechnoCookie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Hero/Villian Crew

8,020 Views | 164 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-27 21:55:36

I think that the green lantern could be the best hero and best villian is apocalysps.

The Hero/Villian Crew

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-28 08:57:27

What I can't understand with all of you, is the fact that Venom is your favorite Villain. He sucks, and he was even worse in the movies. The REAL villain is Carnage. Carnage is somewhat the offspring of Venom, Carnage is insane. Wiki him or something, you'll get most satisfying results ;)

You also might wan to look into Toxin, He's the Anti-Hero that has the most impact in the Spiderman story, I believe he's one of the offsprings of Carnage...

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-28 11:26:13

At 5/19/07 11:17 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: My fav. villian would have to be Venom, (though WolVenom kicks some serious ass), and my favourite Dark Hero (or anti-hero) would have to be Spawn.

Spawn is the shit. I remember playing as him in Soul Calibur 2 for the Xbox and that guy was huge compared to the other characters in that game.

Also Spiderman has to be my fav. Hero, since he was one of the first realistic superheroes.

Spiderman is an awesome superhero. He's got a girlfriend, he's got awesome spidy powers, and he can jump high. Those are reasons why he is a cool superhero.

I think that the green lantern could be the best hero and best villian is apocalysps.

-Green Lantern was one of those hero's that you rarely see, well, from my point perspective.
-Don't picture spam or I will get a Mod to delete your post. >:/

Carnage is insane. Wiki him or something, you'll get most satisfying results ;)

Carnage eh? Well, I shall go check it out on Wikipedia right now to see what this guy is all about. :)

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 03:56:10

hey dudes. I love comics man, but i dont think the movies of late have done them justice - especially ghost-rider. But back to the subject at hand, the best is someone who fits into both categories: The Incredible Hulk - he is a metaphor for the savage anger that is in everyone man. In either category though, its got to be Wolverine for heroes and Sabretooth for villains.

You better get outta my face, or i'm gonna ROUNDHOUSE your ass!!!!

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 12:16:14

At 5/28/07 11:26 AM, Seamonky wrote: -Green Lantern was one of those hero's that you rarely see, well, from my point perspective.

I agree the Green Lantern is very under-rated, but so are most DC characters, who unlike the Marvel are over-shadowed by the older ones, such as Batman and Superman.

Carnage eh? Well, I shall go check it out on Wikipedia right now to see what this guy is all about. :)

Interesting enough?

At 5/31/07 03:56 AM, KingRugger wrote: its got to be Wolverine for heroes and Sabretooth for villains.

Have any of you read the X-Men comics? If so you is it only me or the story really becomes saddenning after the Phoenix incident and when Wolverine's Adamantium is ripped out, I just got sadder each comic...

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 13:10:59

HMMm, this looks good, can I join this club please? My favorite villians would be Carnage, the Joker, Mr Freeze and Blight(Batman Beyond villian by the way).

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 13:55:26

At 5/31/07 03:56 AM, KingRugger wrote: hey dudes. I love comics man, but i dont think the movies of late have done them justice - especially ghost-rider. But back to the subject at hand, the best is someone who fits into both categories: The Incredible Hulk - he is a metaphor for the savage anger that is in everyone man. In either category though, its got to be Wolverine for heroes and Sabretooth for villains.

-I think that the Ghost Rider comics are way better then seeing the actual movie. The comics have more suspense in them.
-The Incredible Hulk is a beast and he is one of my favorite characters. Wolverine is the shit in Marvel VS Capcom. Mostly everyone chooses him.

Interesting enough? (Carnage)

Holy hell, he looks sick and twisted! That is one hell of a supervillian! :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_%28comic s%29

HMMm, this looks good, can I join this club please? My favorite villians would be Carnage, the Joker, Mr Freeze and Blight(Batman Beyond villian by the way).

-Yeah sure, you can join the Hero/Villian Crew.
-The Joker is the shit. He made me laugh at certain parts of the Batman movies.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 15:47:43

Hey, caan i join too?

Fav. Villian: Sabretooth
Fav. Hero: Ghostrider
Fav. Anti: Spawn

In the newer comics, Toxin is the newest version of venom or carnage. He looks pretty cool. I think in the spiderman movies they should have made venom look more built. He is ENOURMOUS in the comics!

Also, shouldnt Wolverine be an anti hero?

My love to the foxes club

JOIN/LISTEN TO NG RADIO!!! you can look it up and hear or subscribe to it for FREE on itunes. just search newgrounds in Itunes store!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 15:48:47

At 5/31/07 01:55 PM, Seamonky wrote:
-Yeah sure, you can join the Hero/Villian Crew.
-The Joker is the shit. He made me laugh at certain parts of the Batman movies.

True :) Jack Nicholson did a brilliant job in the 1989 movie, I wonder what Heath Ledger will be like in the new one.

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-05-31 15:52:22

Jim Carrey played a kick-ass riddler also!

I cant wait to see fantastic four 2! in the trailer it shows one person with the powers of everyone in TF4. I wonder if he's the silver surfer, dr. doom, or a good guy.

My love to the foxes club

JOIN/LISTEN TO NG RADIO!!! you can look it up and hear or subscribe to it for FREE on itunes. just search newgrounds in Itunes store!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-01 05:20:52

At 5/31/07 03:56 AM, KingRugger wrote: its got to be Wolverine for heroes and Sabretooth for villains.
Have any of you read the X-Men comics? If so you is it only me or the story really becomes saddenning after the Phoenix incident and when Wolverine's Adamantium is ripped out, I just got sadder each comic...

I dont know, i read The Essential Xmen but i have read about that on the net. He finds out about his memory plants and tried to attack Magneto head on? The consequences were rather predictabley bleak :( And while on the subject of Wolverine i read somewhere(i can't remember where)that Wolverine's real name was James Howlett...have you heard this?

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-01 11:56:28

At 5/31/07 03:47 PM, Nestman12 wrote: Fav. Hero: Ghost rider

Ghost Rider is THE Marvel Anti-Hero, for he has no quest, his initial case (saving whoever) is failed because Mephisto tricks him either way. The only thing he does is accomplishing Mephisto's orders

In the newer comics, Toxin is the newest version of venom or carnage. He looks pretty cool. I think in the spiderman movies they should have made venom look more built. He is ENOURMOUS in the comics!

You need a very big explanation of the Symbiotes. Carnage was Eddy Brock's (Venom) prison partner. When the Venom Symbiotes rejoined with Brock, Venom was back and he escaped prison, leaving behind heim a trace. This trace combined with the psychotic mind of the serial killerthatwas Brock's partner became Carnage.

Symbiotes keep traits from there previous owners, hence why Venom was very-spiderman like. Carnage inherited the strengh of both Venom and Spiderman, along with the rest of their powers + Specific traits of his own.

After many years once again there was a symbiote trace this time from Carnage and it's unification with a Police Officer became Toxin, Once again Toxin had all the atraits of his "parents" along with "Justice" fact that his host was a very competent Police Officer. This made the officer able to communicate with the Symbiote

They will all eventually clash. Spidey teaming up with Toxin against Carnage against Venom (Carnage and Venom not a team)

The point is that Toxin is not a upgrade of Carnage who himself is an upgrade of Venom, they're all one big family, Spiderman is the great grandfather, Venom the Grandfather, Carnage the father and Toxin the son.

Wolverine is a Hero, because his quest of knowing his past identity is fulfilled eventually it isn't in the movies though :)

Also since I noticed I know quite a bit in Comic material I decided to have a Hero/Villain of the day everyday what do you guys think?

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-01 14:05:59

At 5/31/07 03:47 PM, Nestman12 wrote: Hey, caan i join too?

Yeah sure Nestman, you can join the Hero/Villian Crew. :)

Fav. Villian: Sabretooth
Fav. Hero: Ghostrider
Fav. Anti: Spawn

-Those are very nice choices. But, isn't Ghostrider a Anti-Hero? :/

-Another spidy looking character? I got check this guy out on Wikipedia.
-Venom in the Spiderman movie looked kinda skinny to me as well. He looked badass though. :D

I think he is considered a hero. In a way, he can be an Anti-Hero. :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-01 14:17:37

At 6/1/07 02:05 PM, Seamonky wrote: Reply to Nestman12

lol I thought I was clear enough in the post above yours XD

On a Ghost Rider note, I have to point this frequent mistake, the Ghost Rider is a single character but not a single Person,. The most known, is of course Johnny Blaze from the movie, although many other persons take up his role includidng his brother, and an unknown Ghost Rider in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-02 07:44:46

Nestman12 wrote : Also, shouldnt Wolverine be an anti hero?

Seamonky: I think he is considered a hero. In a way, he can be an Anti-Hero. :/

I suppose hes more of hero as his intentions are mostly good. I feel, as i said in a previous post, its harder to categorize the Hulk. I would say Gray-Hulk is almost a villain though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-02 15:33:55

At 6/1/07 02:17 PM, Lebastic wrote: On a Ghost Rider note, I have to point this frequent mistake, the Ghost Rider is a single character but not a single Person,. The most known, is of course Johnny Blaze from the movie, although many other persons take up his role includidng his brother, and an unknown Ghost Rider in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

All I know is that Ghost Rider is the shit and the movie was cool. He's got one hell of a bike! XD

I suppose hes more of hero as his intentions are mostly good. I feel, as i said in a previous post, its harder to categorize the Hulk. I would say Gray-Hulk is almost a villain though.

He's good when he is a regular human. He's just confused when he gets argry. So yeah, I see what you mean about catergorizing him. Gray-Hulk does look like a villian because, well, his color. :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-02 16:01:32

At 6/2/07 03:33 PM, Seamonky wrote: All I know is that Ghost Rider is the shit and the movie was cool. He's got one hell of a bike! XD

*sigh* If I had his ride...

So yeah, I see what you mean about catergorizing him.

Hulk is definitely a Hero, he accomplishes all his quests. I see alot of you are confused with classing characters, first Wolverine, now Hulk, so here's some info to help you out.

Hero : A Hero is a character that has a quest and eventually accomplishes it. Examples of Heroes : Punisher, Wolverine, Hulk, Pico...

Anti-Hero: A main character that either has no quest or fails to fulfill his quest. Examples of Anti-Heroes: Ghost-Rider, Toxin, Deadpool (I'm not sure though)...

Villain: Any person character who stands in the way of heroes and anti-heroes. Examples of Villains : Apocalypse, Magneto, Carnage,Cassandra, Uberkids...

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 05:27:01

Hero : A Hero is a character that has a quest and eventually accomplishes it. Examples of Heroes : Punisher, Wolverine, Hulk, Pico...
Anti-Hero: A main character that either has no quest or fails to fulfill his quest. Examples of Anti-Heroes: Ghost-Rider, Toxin, Deadpool (I'm not sure though)...
Villain: Any person character who stands in the way of heroes and anti-heroes. Examples of Villains : Apocalypse, Magneto, Carnage,Cassandra, Uberkids...

I see were you're soming from, but its not as simple as that. Thats what makes it entertaining.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 05:31:01

Also since I noticed I know quite a bit in Comic material I decided to have a Hero/Villain of the day everyday what do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea buddy - any suggestions for the first ever hero or villain to appear in the first ever Hero/Villain day then?

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 07:06:12

At 6/3/07 05:31 AM, KingRugger wrote:
Sounds like a good idea buddy - any suggestions for the first ever hero or villain to appear in the first ever Hero/Villain day then?

How about Blight?

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 07:11:10

How about Blight?

I don't mind who it is really (as long as their cool obviously), everyones favourite should eventually get a shout. Its really up to Lebastic, it was his idea :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 13:39:24

My Favourite Villain is Venom,Wolvenoem looks cool but I think its just fan art.

Hi there

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 13:51:09

At 6/3/07 05:31 AM, KingRugger wrote:

Sorry I would've chosen one for today , but I've been busy following up on my first flash,( look for -Spectre- in the portal) So I plan on making one tomorrow. I have an idea who it is, quite original character ;)

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 14:09:50

Sorry I would've chosen one for today , but I've been busy following up on my first flash,( look for -Spectre- in the portal) So I plan on making one tomorrow. I have an idea who it is, quite original character ;)

Sounds groovy. We should switch between heroes and villains on each day, just keep the variety going :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 15:09:27

At 6/3/07 02:09 PM, KingRugger wrote: Sounds groovy. We should switch between heroes and villains on each day, just keep the variety going :)

-Also, like I said in the beginning of this Crew, we can talk about other hero's in the real world.
-That is also I nice idea that you brought up. There are many characters that we can talk about that are hero's and villian's. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-03 15:16:25

-Also, like I said in the beginning of this Crew, we can talk about other hero's in the real world.
-That is also I nice idea that you brought up. There are many characters that we can talk about that are hero's and villian's. :)

Sounds good. A real life hero of mine is someone people outside britain may not know, Steve Redgrave. He was an olympic rower who was very successful for Britain. The real reason is that he is diabetic like myself, proving that you can still pursue an active life.

back to fictional ones though, i'll throw a spanner in the works and say James Bond - he has got to be a hero.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-04 06:39:44

have we got our first villain/hero for today then? anticipation overwhelmes me...

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-04 06:53:14

At 6/3/07 03:16 PM, KingRugger wrote: back to fictional ones though, i'll throw a spanner in the works and say James Bond - he has got to be a hero.

James Bond is a hero to many people I know, especially the old people. The original James Bond was the shit! So many people looked up to him as a hero in the movies. Also, he was ordered to take out the bad guys. :/

have we got our first villain/hero for today then? anticipation overwhelmes me...

I got a real life hero, my mom. Hero's help people out and take care you you when you are in danger. Well, that's where moms become hero's. :')

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-04 09:29:03

At 6/4/07 06:53 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 6/3/07 03:16 PM, KingRugger wrote: back to fictional ones though, i'll throw a spanner in the works and say James Bond - he has got to be a hero.
James Bond is a hero to many people I know, especially the old people. The original James Bond was the shit! So many people looked up to him as a hero in the movies. Also, he was ordered to take out the bad guys. :/

He was indeed! And he was Scottish - big bad Sean Connery. He was a more rugged,manly James Bond than the others.

BBS Signature

Response to The Hero/Villian Crew 2007-06-04 12:39:34

I had something more original in mind but I could just start'em like that, so I brought the "Father" of all superheroes :)

Hero/Villain Of the Day # 1

Alias: Captain America
Alignment: Hero

How he became a hero:

Steve Rogers was your ordinary man. In 1940, he tried to enlist in the US Army to fight in World War II. His physical capacities were not enough, but he was asked to participate in a Top secret projectwhere he is injected with the Super-Soldier serum. This made him the Perfect human in terms of Physical capacities, and before an army of Super-Soldiers were created, the only man who knew how to make the serum was killed by a Nazi spy, Rogers then swore to defeat the enemies of the US.

Most known for:

Captain America died and was resurrected multiple times, although his most known death is his first when The Avengers resurrect him in 1960 when they find his body in the Antlantic Ocean. The Character apparently dies For Good in a 2007 issue, when he is shot by S.H.E.I.L.D. operatives.
His known deaths are : (Taken from WikiPedia)

* 1964 - presumed dead in an explosion caused by Baron Zemo near the end of World War II; later revealed to have been plunged into a state of suspended animation after falling into cold water.
* 1969 - faked his death to fool agents of HYDRA; in the following issue, Steve Rogers admits to having faked his death so he could retire peacefully, and becomes Captain America again several issues later.
* 1978 - murdered alongside his fellow Avengers by the cosmic villain Korvac, who resurrects them on the following page.
* 1984 - killed during the events of the Secret Wars alongside many other Marvel heroes. They were resurrected the following issue, where Captain America was then killed twice more by Doctor Doom but instantly resurrected both times by the Beyonder.
* 1989 - after being forced to give up the mantle of Captain America by the U.S. government, Rogers eventually reclaims the title from his replacement, John Walker. Walker, seemingly assassinated, fakes his own death in to become the new super-hero US Agent.
* 1991 - killed alongside many other heroes by the cosmic villain Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet story arc; later, Adam Warlock manipulates reality to prevent this and other events from ever having occurred.
* 1992 - presumed assassinated by The Punisher and given a state funeral; it was later revealed his death was faked for the Punisher's benefit.
* 1996 - Captain America's super-soldier serum degrades and causes irreparable cellular damage over the course of several issues. At the end of one issue, Cap lies down, ready to die and the Avengers later learn his body is missing, presumably stolen. The next issue, during a broadcast of his funeral, Captain America turns up is alive and that the Red Skull had reversed the damage to his body, though not until after Captain America was clinically dead.
* 1996 - presumed killed by Onslaught alongside the Avengers and others; eventually revealed to have been transported to a "pocket universe" and returned to normal Marvel universe continuity the following year.
* 2001 - presumed killed by a bomb set off by Nazi soldiers living out their retirement in New Jersey; several months later, Captain America reappears in Marvel continuity without explanation.
* 2005 - a possible future version is killed alongside Wolverine at the hands of Thor.
* 2007 - shot several times by a sniper and by hypnotized S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Sharon Carter as he was being escorted into the Manhattan federal courthouse, days after his surrender ended the Civil War crossover story arc.

Powers:
Captain America is a master and Hand to Hand combat, he can take out enemies greatly stronger than him physically. He also has a "Perfect" Physionomy making him incredibly agile as well. He has also extreme accuracy with his sheild, that can basically come and go as he pleases.

Other Links:
Captain America's Wiki page