00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Timesplitters Crew

83,991 Views | 1,522 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-06-17 20:51:10

At 2/12/10 06:53 AM, Zakkles wrote: Do I have to join here? I plat TS2 and TS3. I haven't played in forever, but I know about almost everything.

Not anymore. Upkeep is minimal now that most of us just occasionally post.

So until something major happens, just jump in!

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-06-17 21:57:44

At 6/17/10 08:51 PM, LtSurge659 wrote:
At 2/12/10 06:53 AM, Zakkles wrote: Do I have to join here? I plat TS2 and TS3. I haven't played in forever, but I know about almost everything.
Not anymore. Upkeep is minimal now that most of us just occasionally post.

So until something major happens, just jump in!

Ah, I miss the good ol' days when we were expecting TS4 to be out in november 09' instead of just being scrapped...

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-06-18 21:28:46

I really enjoyed the Timesplitters games and really hoped they would come out with a new one. I tried to play Future Perfect online a month ago but said the servers weren't online anymore and after I finally got highspeed internet. Figures.

Trick or treat? Thats a good question. A better one would be if any of you kids could guess what I've buried under the house?

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-08-04 16:48:25

Can I join?

Timesplitters Future Perfect is my favorite game of all time. No joke.

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-08-04 18:22:41

At 2/12/10 03:56 PM, walale12 wrote: I love timesplitters it ROX! They made a teaser trailer but the game was never made

if you want the teaser trailer click here

actually, i read that free radical have been bought by crytek and are now crytek uk, and that eventually, when the games industry needs it, they will make timesplitters 4

btw i LOVE TIMESPLITTERS, its brilliant, sadly, being an xbox owner i never got to play online, but its supplies countless hours of fun against bots and friends, not to forget the story being brilliant, one of my favourite games series

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2010-11-18 09:59:52

Now this is the kinda crew I wanna join!

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-08-08 12:38:53

Did you guys see the vid about some dude who was playing it online on 07=09 on youtube, unless I'm mistaken he got his own server up?!? I'd like to join.

Funny how I joined this site in 07 and got a PS3 the first year it came out in 06 but was never really active on here. until now in 2011.Playstation List of Games & Trophies @ Playstion.com public info

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-07 09:30:05

Damn, I'd love a remake.

Also, there's no difference between the console versions on TS2, right?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-07 11:17:37

At 10/7/11 09:30 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Damn, I'd love a remake.

We don't want a remake. We want a whole new game :(

Oh and TS2 was released on PS2, Xbox and GameCube but as far as I'm aware there were no differences between the versions. Only played the PS2 version myself and still have a copy.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-09 21:05:16

At 10/7/11 11:17 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/7/11 09:30 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Damn, I'd love a remake.

I think I heard or read an article somewhere that FRD (now known as Crytek UK) would be willing to put out an HD remake of TS1 and TS2 if there was enough fan demand for it. The last bit of timesplitters-related news was months ago when they said something along the lines that 'Timesplitters will return'. Crytek UK has apparently been given full reign of the development of Homofront 2 - it should turn out better than the first one, which was notoriously dull.

There is a slight difference - the Gamecube version has better graphics than PS2, but aside from that they're all identical in terms of content and control. Same goes for Future Perfect.

We don't want a remake. We want a whole new game :(

I have nothing against a remake - I think they should totally do it, but I'd rather them put their efforts towards a completely new game. They already came out with HD remakes of other PS2 games for PS3 and the like, so I don't see why they can't do it for Timesplitters.

A new game however, is in order - it's been too long since the last Timesplitters game and I'm itching to bring the old-school action back into this new age of game consoles. It would be one of the few shooters this gen that could totally suck me in for more after I've played it for hours upon hours upon days. I hardly stick to one shooter for more than a few months in a multiplayer, as I move onto other games eventually.

As I understand it, Crytek UK worked on the mulitplayer aspect of Crysis 2, but I haven't tried it yet - maybe I should see how it is, but I'm certain that their veteran team of developers have done it well.

...it's been a long time since I've seen this thread brought up again - I was a member of it when it was more active. To give it a bit of life, here is a new discussion topic: What are your thoughts or suggestions for returning characters in Timesplitters 4, if any?

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-09 21:40:48

Man, I love Timesplitters! My boyfriend got me into this game, and it's just awesome.

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-10 09:30:14

Are we ever getting a new game?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-11 13:38:53

At 10/9/11 09:40 PM, strider-dan wrote: Man, I love Timesplitters! My boyfriend got me into this game, and it's just awesome.

Indeed it is a sight to behold. It's such a shame that many games today are not offering local multiplayer nowadays. This generation of gaming has moved on from being able to challenge someone sitting on the couch to just about anyone in the world who can get on the Internet - yet many developers shy away from giving us an experience that is at the very root of what video games are.

Pong was a two-player game and it was wildly popular for the fact that you could have to people play it together in a friendly bout of competition. Nearly every FPS and some racing games today are online multiplayer only or offer limited support for split-screen local multiplayer. What's the point of being able to play a game with just about anyone if that anyone includes those around you? Timesplitters carries on its tradition of having spectacular and entertaining local multiplayer, as I'm sure TS4 will have it.

At 10/10/11 09:30 AM, Dromedary wrote: Are we ever getting a new game?

Yes, as soon as people begin to read my ramblings - which means it won't be out for a very, very long time. The studio behind Timesplitters, Crytek UK (formerly known as Free Radical Design), is currently working on Homefront 2 - the sequel to the lackluster ARFPS that came out a few months ago.

They had previously worked on the multiplayer aspect of Crysis 2 - I haven't played it yet, but considering their past achievements and how great the Crysis engine is, I have no doubts it will meet expectations. Then before that, while they were still FRD, the had worked on the Playstation 3-exclusive shooter, Haze - a game I consider to be far more entertaining than Homefront and could have gone on to rival Killzone or Resistance if only Ubisoft kept their dirty hands off the developer's ideas.

Haze could have really been a contender, but corporate meddling got in the way and we got something rather run-of-the-mill, totally unlike FRDs previous games. In any case, lessons were learned and they've been acquired by a publisher with some sense, so their future titles all have hope now. There is a petition to continue the development of TS4 - maybe everyone in the thread should sign it and hope for the best.

At 10/9/11 09:05 PM, ArtDanVal wrote: ...here is a new discussion topic: What are your thoughts or suggestions for returning characters in Timesplitters 4, if any?

Why yes, me - i'm glad that you have asked! Here are my picks for returning characters in Timesplitters 4:

*Every TS1 and TS2 character in TSFP (~50 of them)
*Capt. Night, Lt. Shade, Sgt. Shock, Pvt. Coal, and Trooper Black from TS2.
*Farrah Funbunny, Priestess, and Insect Mutant from TS1
*Amy Chen, The General, Time Assassin, Anya, Envirosuit, Leonid, Angel Forge, Ghengis Kant, Insetick SK/12, Prometheus SD/7, Jacob Crow, Blanche Deadwood, Gladstone, Gaston Boucher, Nurse Sputum, Deerhaunter, Edwina, Lenny Oldburn, Pulov Yuran, Warrant Officer Keely, Deep Diver, Robot Louis Stevenson, Captain Ed Shivers, Eli Scrubs, Hans, Koozer Mox, Mr Socky, Securidroid XP, Sheriff Skullface, and The Shoal from TSFP
*I expect anywhere from 60-80 new characters in TS4.

Storage may be an issue if we're going to have a larger roster of characters in TS4, but I am sure downloadable content will be made for the game. I would pay for new game content if I enjoyed it enough, including new characters, maps, game modes, mapmaker tools, challenges, and weapons.

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-14 11:45:02

At 10/11/11 01:38 PM, ArtDanVal wrote:
All sorts of very sexy stuff and ideas.

Hey guys. Since Surge and Supra haven't been online, let alone in this thread, for a while. I'll be acting as leader figure of this crew. I'll try and stir up some ideas and such in the meantime.

Have fun!

Well.

Shit.

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-10-29 14:39:49

At 10/14/11 11:45 AM, akmeteor wrote: Hey guys. Since Surge and Supra haven't been online, let alone in this thread, for a while. I'll be acting as leader figure of this crew. I'll try and stir up some ideas and such in the meantime.

Ah, aright then. Running a crew is no easy task, especially when relevant information does not come often or easy. Still, I commend you for your commitment to the club and its members by taking responsibility for its continued upkeep and content.

It's been a while and I understand you've been busy, so I'm going to get the ball rolling again with a controversial tier list - Maps from TS1-TSFP. This is a tier list ranking the very best maps throughout the franchise and how they stack up to other ones.

TIMESPLITTERS ARCADE CUSTOM MAP TIER LIST - OVERALL
Top Tier: Mexican Mission, Chinese, Disco, Zeppelin, Hotel
High Tier: Streets, Ufopia, Nightclub, Venice, Spaceport, Temple
Mid Tier: Hospital, Training Ground, Circus, Aztec, Robot Factory, Subway
Low Tier: Ice Station, Compound,Chasm, Hangar, Bunker, VR, Vietnam
Bottom Tier: Site, the other TS1 maps, Siberia
Unranked: Mapmaker

By no means is this official, but I think this is the way it looks and that most players will agree with me - feel free to disagree, I encourage it.

Have fun!

Also, this is the latest piece of information that I have been able to find about Timesplitters 4 - it's not the main focus of the article, but it's better than nothing. For those of you who don't want the trouble of looking for it, here's the piece it does talk about:

"...Most excitingly, there are rumors that Crytek UK are hard at work on Timesplitters 4 - the series having seemingly hibernated through the current generation."

I think Cortez speaks for us all in reaction to this news.

Timesplitters Crew

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-04 15:01:00

At 10/29/11 02:39 PM, ArtDanVal wrote: TIMESPLITTERS ARCADE CUSTOM MAP TIER LIST - OVERALL

Ah, it seems I forgot Scrapyard! I place scrapyard in mid-tier and also bump up subway to high tier.

Also, this is the latest piece of information that I have been able to find about Timesplitters 4...

And here's some more recent info:

Play Magazine UK Article on TimeSplitters 4

Article that mentions TS4 is close to being announced

Info on the NeXbox, as well as a near-confirmation of a 2012 release for TS4.

Time for fisticuffs?! Splendid.

Timesplitters Crew

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-04 16:24:49

People still playing this games ?

It was like the first FPS on PS2 and if you look further then the first years of ps2 lifetime , its the worst shooter ever on PS2 Period.

-

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-04 17:22:46

At 11/4/11 04:24 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: People still playing this games ?

people not exclusively playing games that came out within the last year? madness!

It was like the first FPS on PS2 and if you look further then the first years of ps2 lifetime , its the worst shooter ever on PS2 Period.

I've never played the first one, but Future Perfect is still awesome if you play it now.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-12 01:14:53

Timesplitters: Future Perfect needs to come to steam

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-18 13:32:24

Holy shit, people need to remind me this exists. Also, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but TS4 was also announced and then canceled...

Well.

Shit.

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-18 20:55:46

At 11/18/11 01:32 PM, akmeteor wrote: Holy shit, people need to remind me this exists. Also, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but TS4 was also announced and then canceled...

It's in your signature and you appear to be a regular poster, so I would see why an extra notification would need to be thrown in your way after you declared yourself the interim crew leader - just Saiyan.

Also, can we get a source on your claim? I've been posting a couple of articles here and there but no one really seems to be responding to the news or any discussion topics other than with a sense of 'this is a thing?'

I assume that most of the older members have left the club for dead as well. That and it will also be nigh impossible to get any new or regular members, considering the age and obscurity of the series amongst this generation of players.

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2011-11-20 19:26:05

At 11/18/11 08:55 PM, ArtDanVal wrote:
It's in your signature and you appear to be a regular poster, so I would see why an extra notification would need to be thrown in your way after you declared yourself the interim crew leader - just Saiyan.

Also, can we get a source on your claim? I've been posting a couple of articles here and there but no one really seems to be responding to the news or any discussion topics other than with a sense of 'this is a thing?'

I assume that most of the older members have left the club for dead as well. That and it will also be nigh impossible to get any new or regular members, considering the age and obscurity of the series amongst this generation of players.

I haven't changed my signature in 2 years. So I don't even look at it anymore.

It was also announced I think 2-3 years ago that TS4 would happen. Then was cancelled.

Well.

Shit.

Response to Timesplitters Crew 2012-04-03 01:06:07

At 11/12/11 01:14 AM, Phantox wrote: Timesplitters: Future Perfect needs to come to steam

Oh god yes yes yes! A timesplitters 4 could possibly drop and become bad, but a PC port (With working servers) would be amazing!

You are reading this